Xbox Live?

B

Blackout

I finally got a working controller and the High Def AV Pack for my original Xbox, as well as a few games I've been wanting to play. One of them being Conker: Live and Reloaded. I want to play on Xbox Live, but I'm not sure how to exactly set it up. I would also like my system connected to the internet to get game updates and other downloads. How do I go about getting connected? Do the 360 subscription cards work on the OG, or should I look for original subscription cards on ebay? Will any old Ethernet cable do the job? Any help would be much appreciated.

Edit: Are the servers still up or did they shut down most of the games?

Last edited:
I believe all original xbox games are still available for play via xbox live, except for the EA games. Microsoft runs all the servers.

I am truly heartbroken over this. What was the point of having BC titles for the 360 if they were going to cut out the option to play down the road? Now that the auto-updates won't work, OG Xbox games WILL NOT work on a 360. I'm just glad I started my new Ninja Gaiden Black game save on my OG Xbox.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The Frozin One']I am truly heartbroken over this. What was the point of having BC titles for the 360 if they were going to cut out the option to play down the road? Now that the auto-updates won't work, OG Xbox games WILL NOT work on a 360. I'm just glad I started my new Ninja Gaiden Black game save on my OG Xbox.[/QUOTE]

Wow, 4 days after my post MS decides to shut it all down.

Is that true that you will no longer be able to play BC games on the 360? I don't think that is correct. I'm guessing that you will still be able to download the emulator update for the 360 to play the old games on the 360, but once you get the old game running you will not be able to update anything in game or access live.

[quote name='Blackout']I finally got a working controller and the High Def AV Pack for my original Xbox, as well as a few games I've been wanting to play. One of them being Conker: Live and Reloaded. I want to play on Xbox Live, but I'm not sure how to exactly set it up. I would also like my system connected to the internet to get game updates and other downloads. How do I go about getting connected? Do the 360 subscription cards work on the OG, or should I look for original subscription cards on ebay? Will any old Ethernet cable do the job? Any help would be much appreciated.

Edit: Are the servers still up or did they shut down most of the games?[/QUOTE]If you have Live on 360, you can use that same account on the OG Xbox. I have done this and there are instruction on xbox.com. Any ethernet cable should work.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Wow, 4 days after my post MS decides to shut it all down.

Is that true that you will no longer be able to play BC games on the 360? I don't think that is correct. I'm guessing that you will still be able to download the emulator update for the 360 to play the old games on the 360, but once you get the old game running you will not be able to update anything in game or access live.[/QUOTE]Article I read specified that ALL OG games will lose live including BC games AND XBOX ORIGINALS! I would think that the update for BC games to be playable would still be available and just playing online would be lost, but who knows for sure and who knows about the ability to download DLC.

If anyone wants to play Doom 3 coop or Crimson Skies (both are supposed to be great online, but I never got around to either) let me know. Or other games as well, I have a ton of OG Xbox games. Guess I won't need a wireless adatper for it now. Kept putting off getting one. I'll just drag it downstairs and do all my DLC downloading one day (replaced my xbox recently).

[quote name='jdawgg76']I
If anyone wants to play Doom 3 coop or Crimson Skies (both are supposed to be great online, but I never got around to either) let me know.[/QUOTE]I never played Crimson Skies online, but I'd love to try it. Add me and lets try it.

[quote name='Gentlegamer']I never played Crimson Skies online, but I'd love to try it. Add me and lets try it.[/QUOTE]K, may be a few days. My 360 E74ed when I turned it on last night after I logged off here. Totally out of the blue, worked perfectly before. I'll have to move the OG Xbox downstairs to replace the 360 which will be fun since I just sliced open my thumb on a broken glass and it may need stitches. I've got another friend who should play as he's always said it so awesome. I can generally get online between 8P and 3A EST and he gets home from work around midnight EST.

jdawgg that link doesn't work for me.

[quote name='jdawgg76']If you have Live on 360, you can use that same account on the OG Xbox. I have done this and there are instruction on xbox.com. Any ethernet cable should work. [/QUOTE]

So I can use my 360 name in the account recovery section? This won't screw up my 360 live in any way with trying to recover it back on the 360? I don't need Gold do I?

Is there anything on Xbox Live that is worth creating a 30 day account for in order to download before MS pulls the plug? I'm talking about system updates and such like that for my OG Xbox, or was Live for that system simply meant for online play. I've never really been into that.

This isn't shutting off the ability to play, it's shutting off live service. You can play Halo 2, but only single player, not online after april.

[quote name='jdawgg76']K, may be a few days. My 360 E74ed when I turned it on last night after I logged off here. Totally out of the blue, worked perfectly before. I'll have to move the OG Xbox downstairs to replace the 360 which will be fun since I just sliced open my thumb on a broken glass and it may need stitches. I've got another friend who should play as he's always said it so awesome. I can generally get online between 8P and 3A EST and he gets home from work around midnight EST.[/QUOTE]Alright, I added you. One thing though, I don't think you can recover your gamertag from 360 to the original, only from original to 360. Good luck on that thumb, dude.

Yea I figured you would still be able to play OG xbox games on the 360, just not on live. I'm guessing you won't be able to get any of the DLC after April 15th though. Remember in OG xbox games you had to sign into live separately after loading up the game so I'm sure that kills any theory that DLC might still be available for download in the future.

Well I have an old 20gb HD for the 360 that I don't use so I'll have to setup a day to download all the DLC for the BC games I have. Will probably do the same for the non OG xbox games I have too. This won't take too long.... :cry:

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Yea I figured you would still be able to play OG xbox games on the 360, just not on live. I'm guessing you won't be able to get any of the DLC after April 15th though. Remember in OG xbox games you had to sign into live separately after loading up the game so I'm sure that kills any theory that DLC might still be available for download in the future.

Well I have an old 20gb HD for the 360 that I don't use so I'll have to setup a day to download all the DLC for the BC games I have. Will probably do the same for the non OG xbox games I have too. This won't take too long.... :cry:[/QUOTE]

You can't get any old DLC NOW. DLC is off line and man are the Halo 2 people mad about it.

[quote name='Gentlegamer']Alright, I added you. One thing though, I don't think you can recover your gamertag from 360 to the original, only from original to 360. Good luck on that thumb, dude.[/QUOTE]I did it no prob on my last OG xbox. There's a guide on xbox.com. It's really easy. You just can't have both your xbox and you're 360 online at the same time. One will disconnect the other to get online.

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']You can't get any old DLC NOW. DLC is off line and man are the Halo 2 people mad about it.[/QUOTE]NOOOOOO! When did this happen? For all games or just Halo? That's messed up.

[quote name='jdawgg76']
NOOOOOO! When did this happen? For all games or just Halo? That's messed up.[/QUOTE]
It happened with all DLC. When the announcement was made, people dashed off to download stuff they missed. And it was no longer available.

Pretty crappy on MS's part. Give people a few month warning about the games, but immediately cut off the DLC.

I for one won't be buying DLC from MS for anything ever again. The fact the MS is willing to do this in this manner, shows that they can't be trusted.

[quote name='mogamer']It happened with all DLC. When the announcement was made, people dashed off to download stuff they missed. And it was no longer available.

Pretty crappy on MS's part. Give people a few month warning about the games, but immediately cut off the DLC.

I for one won't be buying DLC from MS for anything ever again. The fact the MS is willing to do this in this manner, shows that they can't be trusted.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that sucks. Not sure the logic behind taking it all down. Pretty shitty for them to pull that. At least give people the heads up so they can download the stuff they paid for one last time. :cry:

Oh well, I guess that is the problem with virtual goods, you really don't own any of it. Just a limited use license to use it.

[quote name='mogamer']It happened with all DLC. When the announcement was made, people dashed off to download stuff they missed. And it was no longer available.

I for one won't be buying DLC from MS for anything ever again. The fact the MS is willing to do this in this manner, shows that they can't be trusted.[/QUOTE]Indeed, they fucking did. I just got a replacement OGXbox and was going to redownload all the DLC I have on the old one and what do I find? Crap. Couldn't give us a fucking warning? Course, Vselka Sub for SC and stuff like that is all too big for a mem card transfer. Since the 360 croaked I got out the "new" ogbox to start downloading and find this crap. Damn it.

Guess what. I'm downloading the Halo 2 maps onto my replacement OG Xbox right now. Don't know if DLC for other games is working, but strike while the iron is hot.

bread's done
Back