Photo
- - - - -

CAG PS3 Fighting Game Matchmaking Thread - Injustice out NAO!

• Please log in to reply
3393 replies to this topic

#3241 Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:00 AM

"i'm not gonna lie, it's isn't that great"

*shows off a series of matches*

"ok, it's actually pretty good"

I noticed. I would assume its better than the online is to DOA4 but that isn't saying much. It won't have as good of Netcode as Tekken Tag 2 did but I still want it. At least DOA is finally on PS3.

deadpool_signature_by_hsalpihw-d38xyht.p

#3242 option.iv

option.iv

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:53 AM

Anyone ready for some boobs tomorrow?... I mean boobs... I mean DoA5. Yeah...

What I'm hearing is that DoA5 netcode is bad and they're rolling out a patch day 1 to fix it.

test.gif

#3243 Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:06 PM

I assume you guys already know... but DOA5 uses a online pass. They just posted a article on Joystiq about it.

#3244 lolwhat

lolwhat

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:26 PM

Damn that means I won't be able to buy it used.

#3245 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:43 PM

Well, I picked up my limited edition of DoA5 today. Still on the fence of even opening it. I'll wait to see how that patch works out.
Posted Image

#3246 mrcheeses

mrcheeses

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:57 PM

Where is the image for doa5 and tekken on the front page :o

#3247 Paco

Paco

GO TEAM GIRTH!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:10 AM

Nowhere. Those games will be the flava flav of the month than disappear. Much like Skullgirls and Persona.
If you can't KOF with the best
Than Street Fight With The Rest

#3248 snakemaster2389

snakemaster2389

Temporarily Banned

• Temporarily Banned Users

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:33 AM

gotta add at least tekken. who plays sfxt, or streeti fighter 3rd strike anymore? lol u might as well put a mvc origins thing too if your gonna have all of capcoms fighters lol
Twitter: @marcandretta check out my reviews @ http://bgbureau.com & www.marcandretta.tumblr.com Check Out My Youtube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/snakemaster2389 NEED A REVIEWER/WRITER? PM ME!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#3249 McFryyyyyy

McFryyyyyy

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:39 AM

I forgot origins was tonight that is an instant buy for me.

Kamagii.png

#3250 mrcheeses

mrcheeses

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:29 AM

Tekken will be around. DoA5 seems popular too, although I only seldom like it. People like it because of the breasts? They are barely visible except for in the cut scenes.

Not like much people play King of Fighters 13. TTT2 sold .16mil units and KOF sold .24mil units as of sept 15 according to vgchartz. And KOF has been around for about a year. Tekken... a week or 2? On the contrary, Tekken 6 has sold 2.44mil

#3251 Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:49 AM

So how is the online to DOA5?

Edited by Lost_In_Shadows, 26 September 2012 - 05:50 AM.

#3252 projectblindside

projectblindside

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:11 AM

Hey guys, avid fighting player. I just found this now, haha! I've been playing a lot of TTT2, where's that sign-up at??? Add me on PSN: projectblindside

I usually play TTT2 for a bit every night. Stick user. Intermediate, trying to get a lot better.

#3253 option.iv

option.iv

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:03 PM

Nowhere. Those games will be the flava flav of the month than disappear. Much like Skullgirls and Persona.

gotta add at least tekken. who plays sfxt, or streeti fighter 3rd strike anymore? lol u might as well put a mvc origins thing too if your gonna have all of capcoms fighters lol

I forgot origins was tonight that is an instant buy for me.

I really won't add another sign up sheet until there are enough people to warrant it. Like 10 CAGs. It's been a trend on CAG to mash on a game for 2 weeks and move on. If there are 10 people constantly playing this game, then yeah, I'll put up a sheet.

Really... Origins...

Tekken will be around. DoA5 seems popular too, although I only seldom like it. People like it because of the breasts? They are barely visible except for in the cut scenes.

Not like much people play King of Fighters 13. TTT2 sold .16mil units and KOF sold .24mil units as of sept 15 according to vgchartz. And KOF has been around for about a year. Tekken... a week or 2? On the contrary, Tekken 6 has sold 2.44mil

Hey guys, avid fighting player. I just found this now, haha! I've been playing a lot of TTT2, where's that sign-up at??? Add me on PSN: projectblindside

I usually play TTT2 for a bit every night. Stick user. Intermediate, trying to get a lot better.

For now, do like pbs and post your PSN info, or at least have it on your profile and post in this thread.

There are just too many fighting games out and the community is starting to split because of this. I am fully expecting a second fighting game dark ages to roll around any minute now.

edit: Purged the OP and left only AE and UMVC3, as I believe those are the games still with the larger playerbase. I'm even still thinking of taking down UMVC3. Maybe I should Wikify the OP and change the format, but I'm a little reluctant to do that. If I get enough petition, I'll add Tekken, but so far not a whole lot.

Edited by option.iv, 26 September 2012 - 02:14 PM.

test.gif

#3254 lolwhat

lolwhat

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:17 PM

My copy of DoA5 should be here tomorrow, and I plan on being a regular for that game. Just add "holdthephone." Hope the netcode is alright, right now it sounds like AE's which is at least tolerable.

Looking at Jann Lee, Rig, or Hitomi as potential mains.

#3255 option.iv

option.iv

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:05 PM

DoA5 is a good game. Definitely looks better than Tekken. As for gameplay, it's got that mashfest vibe to it. Though I understand that people who know how to play the game are better off. Holds (parries) aren't dominant in this game. Though there's still that whole being able to hold during a critical hit which makes the AI godlike. Story mode was long. Plenty of unlockables. I think there's plenty of content as well. Tekken though is definitely a much more solid engine, but vastly more complex.

I like Tekken and DoA5, but I really doubt I'll be sticking with them. Simply too many games, not enough time. Also the whole rock, paper, scissors gameplay is what irks me about these games. Sure there's spacing and whiff punishing and what not. But to get to that level, I'm not going to spend my time doing that.

Oh, and everyone should pretty much disregard the big site reviews. Why? Because none of the reviewers know much about fighting games other than to mash buttons. These games are just another in their stack of games to review. I believe IGN was the one that docked Tekken for having too many modes?! WTF.

edit: Rig seems pretty cool so far. He's got the TKD style which is always nice. But wait until you play through the story. Haha. And maybe it's just me, but Hitomi looks like she has down syndrome in this game.

test.gif

#3256 Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:16 PM

Played a online game on DOA5 setting Region to Any and it played like complete ass. Set it to Same Region and there all good games.

Not able to find any games in Nearby yet.

Netcode seems good to me, but what do I know?

I haven't ran into a single laggy game searching same region. When I searched any region it was horrible. lol

Noticed it was only searching for F and F+ ranked people. No wonder it took longer. I set to it search for any rank and it finds games insanely fast, but the downside is people know what there doing in this game...

This game is awesome!

Edited by Lost_In_Shadows, 26 September 2012 - 07:31 PM.

#3257 Paco

Paco

GO TEAM GIRTH!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:13 PM

I'll get DOA 5 and TTT2 when they hit around 15 dollars or so. Until then, I'm gonna be playing Tokyo Jungle.

#3258 mrcheeses

mrcheeses

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:05 PM

Yeah IGNs review was terrible. In general, most video games reviews for fighters are terrible. TTT2 has too much to offer to get rated that low. For the first time, I felt like a fighting game was complete. I'm getting into story mode a bit too in DoA5.

edit: NVM. DOA5 isn't that great. The story doesn't make sense at all unless if I am missing something, but I have basically seen every cut scene a two times now because of the way they did it. There seems to be a lack of content in this game.

Edited by mrcheeses, 27 September 2012 - 03:09 AM.

#3259 projectblindside

projectblindside

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:03 AM

Yeah, sweet. Add me if you play any of these: TTT2, SSF4 AE, KOF 13, P4A

PSN: projectblindside

I'm always down for some friendly/player matches, I also have a mic, but usually only use it with my close friends, not just complete strangers. I'm a stick player too. Message me on PSN if you are down to go a few rounds on any of those.

#3260 option.iv

option.iv

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:05 AM

Yeah IGNs review was terrible. In general, most video games reviews for fighters are terrible. TTT2 has too much to offer to get rated that low. For the first time, I felt like a fighting game was complete. I'm getting into story mode a bit too in DoA5.

edit: NVM. DOA5 isn't that great. The story doesn't make sense at all unless if I am missing something, but I have basically seen every cut scene a two times now because of the way they did it. There seems to be a lack of content in this game.

I thought there was sufficient content in DoA5. Story mode was pretty much story mode, and the bonus missions in essence was tutorial mode for the game, if you chose to do it. There are tons of things to unlock in this game. The training mode is some of the best. In game frame data, dynamic move list to actually help you remember strings. Yeah, story was shitty, but really it's common to have a bad story in fighting games. I mean how else can you tell a story if all you got are ninjas and boobs to base it on. Story for those unaware is pretty much time skipping like between every fight and from the perspective of the character you're currently playing. Very back and forth, but hey, I thought it was bearable for the 3ish hours I played through it.

People don't usually play a game for story mode. If you were, then I would suggest Mortal Kombat, best fighting game story but constantly patched gameplay.

Yeah, sweet. Add me if you play any of these: TTT2, SSF4 AE, KOF 13, P4A

PSN: projectblindside

I'm always down for some friendly/player matches, I also have a mic, but usually only use it with my close friends, not just complete strangers. I'm a stick player too. Message me on PSN if you are down to go a few rounds on any of those.

I call one person to pm you, 2 tops. Anyone wanna place some bets?

Also good games jman, mash much back hold? lulz

test.gif

#3261 Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:20 AM

I thought there was sufficient content in DoA5. Story mode was pretty much story mode, and the bonus missions in essence was tutorial mode for the game, if you chose to do it. There are tons of things to unlock in this game. The training mode is some of the best. In game frame data, dynamic move list to actually help you remember strings. Yeah, story was shitty, but really it's common to have a bad story in fighting games. I mean how else can you tell a story if all you got are ninjas and boobs to base it on. Story for those unaware is pretty much time skipping like between every fight and from the perspective of the character you're currently playing. Very back and forth, but hey, I thought it was bearable for the 3ish hours I played through it.

People don't usually play a game for story mode. If you were, then I would suggest Mortal Kombat, best fighting game story but constantly patched gameplay.

I call one person to pm you, 2 tops. Anyone wanna place some bets?

Also good games jman, mash much back hold? lulz

Haha, I was trying something new. I noticed mashing works in DOA5 sometimes and sometimes it don't.

I also noticed something else, but I never commented or asked you about it. I remember playing Tekken Tag 2 with you and with that one guy you was the John Cena of Tekken. You only had 2 moves. ;) Mostly that one kick. :lol:

I'm use to you beating my ass in umvc3,sfxt,ssfiv. I was a bit shocked when we played Tekken that you didn't hand me my ass as usual.

I don't take fighters seriously though. I do try not to mash as hard against you since I know you hate mashing. I don't always mash and it depends what fighter it is. I'm no hardcore masher.

On another note I bought Persona 4 Arena. Will I regret that? Only paid 30 for it.

Edited by Lost_In_Shadows, 27 September 2012 - 07:36 AM.

#3262 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:29 PM

Hey guys, I just got my SF 25th anniversary collection and I already own most of the games included. Was wondering if anyone wanted to buy the sealed SF x Tekken + SFIV AE + DLC card off me, of course this also includes 3so, SSF2HDR, SFA 1-3 and collection for the PS3 and 172 PSN avatars.

And yes I realize that this isn't a trading thread, but I figured I'd throw it out here anyway.
Posted Image

It's cheap to ship to/from Canada. Please take a look at Magiic's Magiical Shipping Guide.
For info on Canadian Customs and Tax exemption check Here,
Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#3263 lolwhat

lolwhat

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:38 PM

guhh don't know if DoA5 is good but it's so hilarious to play

#3264 option.iv

option.iv

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:47 PM

Haha, I was trying something new. I noticed mashing works in DOA5 sometimes and sometimes it don't.

I also noticed something else, but I never commented or asked you about it. I remember playing Tekken Tag 2 with you and with that one guy you was the John Cena of Tekken. You only had 2 moves. ;) Mostly that one kick. :lol:

I'm use to you beating my ass in umvc3,sfxt,ssfiv. I was a bit shocked when we played Tekken that you didn't hand me my ass as usual.

I don't take fighters seriously though. I do try not to mash as hard against you since I know you hate mashing. I don't always mash and it depends what fighter it is. I'm no hardcore masher.

On another note I bought Persona 4 Arena. Will I regret that? Only paid 30 for it.

For tekken, I barely even played the game, and john cena? The few times I played was only with Baek. But yeah, I'd rather lose than mash out moves to win. If I really don't know how to play, I'm not going to press anything. Mashing just leads to poor execution and bad habits. As for P4, it's definitely a good game.

Hey guys, I just got my SF 25th anniversary collection and I already own most of the games included. Was wondering if anyone wanted to buy the sealed SF x Tekken + SFIV AE + DLC card off me, of course this also includes 3so, SSF2HDR, SFA 1-3 and collection for the PS3 and 172 PSN avatars.

And yes I realize that this isn't a trading thread, but I figured I'd throw it out here anyway.

Good luck trying to sell SF x Tekken. Though I remember a CAG Furashu posted in here having interest in SFxT. Thuogh I'm sure it'll be a lowball offer.

test.gif

#3265 Paco

Paco

GO TEAM GIRTH!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:09 PM

Tekken and DOA are still just Mashy Mashersons. Gonna ride it out with KOF 13 and probably 98 some more. Then it's wherever the 2013s take me. It's been over two years since KOF 13 came out. KOF 14 should be coming out in a year or so. Looking forward to ten new characters or some such stuff like that. Gimme some Yamazaki, old Chin, Clark with more options. Gonna ride it out. Hey Jman, do you rike Trokyo Jungle? ANIMAL SEX. PANDAS WHOO.

#3266 Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:28 PM

Tekken and DOA are still just Mashy Mashersons. Gonna ride it out with KOF 13 and probably 98 some more. Then it's wherever the 2013s take me. It's been over two years since KOF 13 came out. KOF 14 should be coming out in a year or so. Looking forward to ten new characters or some such stuff like that. Gimme some Yamazaki, old Chin, Clark with more options. Gonna ride it out. Hey Jman, do you rike Trokyo Jungle? ANIMAL SEX. PANDAS WHOO.

I saw some gameplay of it and by the video it isn't my type of a game. I wouldn't like it at all. :-#

Got caught up on the fighters except for Tekken Tag 2. Still need to buy that one.

#3267 Paco

Paco

GO TEAM GIRTH!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:49 PM

I saw some gameplay of it and by the video it isn't my type of a game. I wouldn't like it at all. :-#

Got caught up on the fighters except for Tekken Tag 2. Still need to buy that one.

Still wasting money on games that nobody gives a shit about Jman? DOA will die soon enough. That game has NEVER been Tourney worthy. Tekken is only popular in Asia, America will eventually forget about it as the Tekken hype train was at its peak back on PS1. Gonna do that Jeppy Woo Foo on all o y'all.

#3268 mrcheeses

mrcheeses

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:16 PM

Yeah, one reason why TTT2 had no story - to implement more content. But the story was so awful in DoA5 it could be improved in every way even with just ninjas and boobs. Bonus mode is a tutorial mode, but most fighting games have a tutorial mode. There are not much to unlock. Like 5 characters and 5 costumes for each character? Plus ranks which not many people care for. TTT2 or even Street fighter has far more content to unlock. I don't hate DoA5, but it does lack content. The graphics are fine and I love the stages and the battle system. (although I prefer not having both directional keys and square to block.

#3269 Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:48 PM

Still wasting money on games that nobody gives a shit about Jman? DOA will die soon enough. That game has NEVER been Tourney worthy. Tekken is only popular in Asia, America will eventually forget about it as the Tekken hype train was at its peak back on PS1. Gonna do that Jeppy Woo Foo on all o y'all.

People still play DOA 4 and Tekken 6 so I would say your full of shit. :lol:

Wasting money on games people don't care about = Duke Nukem Forever. ;)

#3270 McFryyyyyy

McFryyyyyy

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:16 AM

Yeah, one reason why TTT2 had no story - to implement more content. But the story was so awful in DoA5 it could be improved in every way even with just ninjas and boobs. Bonus mode is a tutorial mode, but most fighting games have a tutorial mode. There are not much to unlock. Like 5 characters and 5 costumes for each character? Plus ranks which not many people care for. TTT2 or even Street fighter has far more content to unlock. I don't hate DoA5, but it does lack content. The graphics are fine and I love the stages and the battle system. (although I prefer not having both directional keys and square to block.

Feel almost the same way :/ it lacks a lot that most fighting games have now. will try to finish up story this weekend then might sell my share not feeling it anywhere near as much as tekkken.

Kamagii.png