Photo
- - - - -

CAG PS3 Fighting Game Matchmaking Thread - Injustice out NAO!

• Please log in to reply
3393 replies to this topic

#331 Vendetta

Vendetta

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 11:25 PM

I signed up for SSF4, although Amazon hasn't even started the shipping process for me yet. ;[ Some people who used FSSS already got the game! What the heck!

#332 luan87us

luan87us

I am cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 12:01 AM

You'd better get SSFIV asap, jman! Luan keeps kicking our asses. :lol: Those were some fun matches, I'm hella rusty but Option's Dhalsim is deadly O_O

I should have stick to Bison. Freaking option and his shenanigans. Good games though. I was laughing so hard when I land those Psycho Abortions.

#333 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

Lookin' in all the right places

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 12:55 AM

for HK, its Either the F+HK cross over into HK, which is extremely hard (plinking), or the F+MK kidney punch into HK, which is a lot easier.

Its pretty much the only way to land an EX machine gun blow, which can lead to a dash punch/kick (kick = 2 moves, but only into ultra in corner, punch always leads to ultra) or a light machine gun blow which pushes them into the corner even more.

honestly, all 8 of his target combos are pretty useless except for maybe F+LP -> MP which leads into a jet upper. LP jet upper means ultra from anywhere without the need of FADC

The F+HK into HK isn't hard if you plink honestly, I can land it 90% of the time offline. However, I didn't know about F+MK into HK yet, thanks. I think his lk, mk, mp, hp target combo is good at pushing away grapplers and sometimes cr.lk, cr.mk, lp jet upper, hp jet upper or ultra is a decent use of the target combos.

#334 GodlyOne

GodlyOne

Posted 28 April 2010 - 02:38 AM

I should have stick to Bison. Freaking option and his shenanigans. Good games though. I was laughing so hard when I land those Psycho Abortions.

You have a good Bison, you gotta give me some pointers since you destroyed me with him. :cry:

godlyone.gif

#335 luan87us

luan87us

I am cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 04:54 AM

You have a good Bison, you gotta give me some pointers since you destroyed me with him. :cry:

Learn his bnb combos lol. He only has a few. My favorite is the cr.lp st.lp cr.mk -> lk/mk scissor kick. It does amazing damage. You can also mix it up with cr.lk first instead of cr.lp.

#336 GodlyOne

GodlyOne

Posted 28 April 2010 - 05:23 AM

Learn his bnb combos lol. He only has a few. My favorite is the cr.lp st.lp cr.mk -> lk/mk scissor kick. It does amazing damage. You can also mix it up with cr.lk first instead of cr.lp.

Thank you, good sir.

I fought a Dudley online and holy shit is he savage. But anyways, Endless was fun earlier, we should play some more of that tomorrow.

godlyone.gif

#337 JEKKI

JEKKI

JEKKI WOO FOO FOO

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 06:00 AM

GGs!

lobbies are cool!

they let me wash dishes / make sandwiches / peel oranges while I wait my turn!!

#338 dmunkee

dmunkee

Shovel Crew Member

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 06:33 AM

That sounds awesomely productive Jekki. Looks like I'll be cleaning the house tomorrow :lol:

#339 Sigma

Sigma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 09:11 AM

Just added my name to the SSFIV list. Feel free to add me on PSN. I am always down for some fights.

#340 Frank Deluded

Frank Deluded

Posted 28 April 2010 - 03:11 PM

I really like Makoto. That (as they say) is all. <_>

#341 kurrptsenate

kurrptsenate

HAW-DOO-TEN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 04:12 PM

ill have to try those out gistgfx. im still practicing to plink but im not too consistent as of yet

#342 Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 11:56 PM

Just got Super today. I can die happy now. Its installing. I haven't played SFIV in a well so I'll get owned online,but I'm gonna get online soon anyway.

deadpool_signature_by_hsalpihw-d38xyht.p

#343 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2010 - 12:12 AM

ill have to try those out gistgfx. im still practicing to plink but im not too consistent as of yet

Well, if you want an easy link, you can just jab into his RH. Standing or crouching, it doesn't matter, can do it after two jabs max I think. Easiest link of his that I've seen so far imo, being an easy ass hit confirm is a plus too. Can't seem to recall if you mentioned that link though. :lol: Range on it's not too bad either, considering the range on the most of his stuff that's special cancellable is shit, lol.

#344 GodlyOne

GodlyOne

Posted 29 April 2010 - 12:15 AM

How large is the install? It's already about a 14 second load time in between matches.

godlyone.gif

#345 kurrptsenate

kurrptsenate

HAW-DOO-TEN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2010 - 02:01 AM

I've been trying to use negative edge to help link an EX machine gun blow into a dash punch, but that seems to be a bit dodgy.

#346 Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2010 - 02:13 AM

Already put 2 hours into Super. That can't be right. ;)

#347 Paco

Paco

GO TEAM GIRTH!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:09 AM

People hate losing to OIL.
If you can't KOF with the best
Than Street Fight With The Rest

#348 Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:13 AM

Put over 3 hours into it. I usually don't play a fighter that long in one day,but I just got it and it was new/fresh. Well somewhat fresh. Still feels like the same old game with extras. I'm extremely glad I sold my SFIV while it was worth something and waited on Super.

#349 mr_burnzz

mr_burnzz

Posted 29 April 2010 - 06:47 AM

i signed up for the match making for super street fighter. I didn't get mine yet from amazon but it should be very soon. One question...does guiles super sonic boom connect from crouching medium kick a la CvS2? that shit was awesome.

#350 Ultimate Matt X

Ultimate Matt X

Posted 29 April 2010 - 12:16 PM

Sorry for not joining if any of you sent some invites for Street Fighter. I always have some downloads running so my gaming quality sucks. I should have them off and ready to play some soon though.

#351 option.iv

option.iv

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:14 PM

Great games everyone. I literally fell asleep playing this game.

Well, the VoIP sucks, so I was thinking of updating the SSFIV list to include Skype usernames. Although it requires a computer or psp or what have you, it's definitely better than the in game voice chat.

i signed up for the match making for super street fighter. I didn't get mine yet from amazon but it should be very soon. One question...does guiles super sonic boom connect from crouching medium kick a la CvS2? that shit was awesome.

Welcome to the thread. Hmm, as for the sonic boom, usually Ultra's don't link or chain with any ground normals unless the opponent is being juggled, so no I don't think so. But then again, i haven't tried it.

test.gif

#352 Paco

Paco

GO TEAM GIRTH!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:24 PM

Sorry Option. Couldn't join. Female friend playing nothing but lemmings and critter crunch almost all day well into 3 in the morning. ARGHHHHHHHHHHH

And this KOF XIII translation between King and Athena made me LOL

King vs Athena
Athena: Wow, it must be so cool to be in a team of girls!
King: Hey, wanna trade members? It'd be great to have an under-age! Mai and Yuri are plain crazy when they're drunk!
Athena: Oh, kinda like the way my master fights with pandas?

Edited by Paco, 29 April 2010 - 04:04 PM.

If you can't KOF with the best
Than Street Fight With The Rest

#353 Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2010 - 04:30 PM

Didn't get to play with any cags yesterday. Maybe I can tonight. Option ignored my invite. :cry:

I was wondering why you was playing lemmings Paco.

#354 option.iv

option.iv

Posted 29 April 2010 - 05:55 PM

My bad jman

Good games this morn j-cart.

Also thanks to everyone for signing up for SSFIV. 32 people! I also added a section for whatever controller you are using (pad or stick). Let's have fun as a CAG community and help each other out.

I was thinking, maybe we should have an east coast vs west coast battle with teams. If you guys are interested or have suggestions please let me know.

Edited by option.iv, 29 April 2010 - 06:07 PM.

test.gif

#355 MisterBee

MisterBee

Slave To DOTA2

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2010 - 06:25 PM

I just created a thread on the capcom unity forums about the VOIP issues we have been having. Hopefully someone at capcom sees this and gives us some insight on if it can be fixed or not.
PSN Trophies:
Spoiler

SteamCard:
Spoiler

#356 luan87us

luan87us

I am cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2010 - 06:31 PM

I was thinking, maybe we should have an east coast vs west coast battle with teams. If you guys are interested or have suggestions please let me know.

Will be laggy. Sadly SSF4 online on PS3 isn't as consistent as 360 version. Capcom drops the ball in this. I hope they will decide to update the netcode to GGPO through a patch later. >.>

I just created a thread on the capcom unity forums about the VOIP issues we have been having. Hopefully someone at capcom sees this and gives us some insight on if it can be fixed or not.

What kind of VOIP are you talking about? You mean the voice chat? I think it isn't the game issue, it's more like players' mic issues. Just set it right. I was talking to my friends fine.

#357 Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2010 - 07:26 PM

I feel terrible today,but I'm still going to play this later.

So the extras for keeping SFIV was

Color 11: the ink color from the pc version of SF4
Color 12: Sketch, makes your character look handrawn.

Well that was lame. I hate both of those to be honest.

I had a save file from SFIV. Glad I sold it to be honest. I'll just stick with Super. At first when it was blue around the character. I really thought it was a glitch or something was wrong and my ps3 was dieing. You see weird things like that on 360 when its crapping out. =p

Edited by Lost_In_Shadows, 29 April 2010 - 07:38 PM.

#358 dmunkee

dmunkee

Shovel Crew Member

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2010 - 07:34 PM

The bonus you get is two additional colors (11 & 12) from having a vanilla SFIV save. Don't know if there's anything else though.

#359 Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2010 - 07:55 PM

Not sure If people will agree with me or not,but Super Street Fighter IV reminds me fighters back in the day and feels like a more solid complete version of SFIV. I love it to say the least. I think Super is what SFIV should have been from the start. Mostly all the online features.

#360 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2010 - 07:59 PM

Negative.

Will be laggy. Sadly SSF4 online on PS3 isn't as consistent as 360 version. Capcom drops the ball in this. I hope they will decide to update the netcode to GGPO through a patch later. >.>

What kind of VOIP are you talking about? You mean the voice chat? I think it isn't the game issue, it's more like players' mic issues. Just set it right. I was talking to my friends fine.

You've tested PS3 vs 360 online play already on the same connection? Or did you just read it from somewhere? Not trying to be a dick, just curious as to where you read it. As for GGPO being patched in... never gonna happen. :cry:

I've had voice chat probs in lobbies too, but it's usually when there's several people from both east and west coast in the same lobby.