Photo
- - - - -

CAG PS3 Fighting Game Matchmaking Thread - Injustice out NAO!

• Please log in to reply
3394 replies to this topic

#1081 j-cart

j-cart

PAPER TRAILS on a mountain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2010 - 11:14 PM

Ok so maybe he wasn't nerf'ed but I was super annoyed when i couldn't do it at the arcade I gave up on playing it since this was the time when SF4 was the thing to play.

Still looking for a cheap copy, my Fry's only has the x360 version for 25 bucks.

#1082 Paco

Paco

GO TEAM GIRTH!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2010 - 11:31 PM

Some love for 13 from America. Arcade Infinity man.

If you can't KOF with the best
Than Street Fight With The Rest

#1083 sniping_dreamer

sniping_dreamer

Pew pew pew

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2010 - 02:36 AM

Some love for 13 from America. Arcade Infinity man.

I don't play BlazBlue, but I thoroughly enjoyed watching their ranbats. Awesome announcer and really entertaining matches.

MikeZ playing Iron Tager is so good.
Posted Image

#1084 notorious_pip

notorious_pip

Lift big to get big

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2010 - 06:01 PM

Ok so maybe he wasn't nerf'ed but I was super annoyed when i couldn't do it at the arcade I gave up on playing it since this was the time when SF4 was the thing to play.

Still looking for a cheap copy, my Fry's only has the x360 version for 25 bucks.

$24 shipped for the PS3 version.

http://www.remsalesl...__store=default
Posted Image

#1085 option.iv

option.iv

Posted 27 August 2010 - 10:37 PM

I would think $10 is the perfect price for Tekken 6. Honestly, that game is not mind blowingly good. It's just more of the same. Including the horrible online play.

test.gif

#1086 notorious_pip

notorious_pip

Lift big to get big

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2010 - 01:40 AM

If you don't play T6BR too seriously, I can see how it can be seen as more of the same, but the same can be said about going from Street Fighter IV to Super Street Fighter IV or BlazBlue CT to BlazBlue CS.

Even with a cast of 40+, T6BR's balance is roughly on par with T5DR. Since we never received a US release of vanilla T6, it's the introduction of the bound and rage systems in Tekken.

It's a solid buy for $25 or less, but to each his own.
Posted Image

#1087 option.iv

option.iv

Posted 28 August 2010 - 03:02 AM

Personally, I think T6 looks like a ps2 game at times, just slightly better looking than T5DR. I'm sure all the intricacies are spot on and the gameplay is incredible. But things like the Beat em up mode looked half-assed, again, online is horrible, and loading times too long. What it does have going for it is the sheer amount of characters.

That's the thing though, to like T6, you most likely have to be a big fan of the series and take it somewhat seriously. But it's just difficult to get into in the first place with the many chars, long move lists, and small community.

Comparing SFIV series with T6 series, SFIV just looks much more polished all around. Then again, I'm more of a Super Turbo and SFIV kind of person, so I may be biased in this decision.

In semi-related news, anyone watching the WCG Ultimate Gamer 2nd season? It's pretty fake, but that's what makes it funny. Plus JWong is in there. Whether you like the guy or not, it's interesting to see him on a reality show.

Edited by option.iv, 28 August 2010 - 04:50 AM.

test.gif

#1088 Frank Deluded

Frank Deluded

Posted 28 August 2010 - 04:21 AM

Even with a cast of 40+, T6BR's balance is roughly on par with T5DR. Since we never received a US release of vanilla T6, it's the introduction of the bound and rage systems in Tekken.

Most people who aren't into the Tekken series see each new iteration as an update as opposed to Street Fighter which has had dramatically different series' with tons of new mechanics and very different gameplay. (SF2 series, SF Alpha Series, SF 3 series, EX series, and now with 4.)

#1089 Esper

Esper

No Roll, No Zenny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2010 - 10:17 AM

GGs to md in hdr. And here is a video because you requested it. MK9 in action -

edit - you can do the search for MK9 on youtube

Edited by Esper, 13 October 2010 - 04:28 AM.

#1090 option.iv

option.iv

Posted 28 August 2010 - 04:06 PM

Now why is it that they all have that open stance? They vary a little bit, but they all fight with their hands down. Just doesn't look quite right.

But I'm sure about one thing... MK for EVO!! haha

test.gif

#1091 Paco

Paco

GO TEAM GIRTH!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2010 - 04:40 PM

UMK3 is the new oldschool shit yo.

#1092 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2010 - 12:19 AM

I just got a Tekken 6 joystiq today at Best Buy that was on clearence for $39.99. I'm excited :)

I need a new signature.

#1093 RelentlessRolento

RelentlessRolento

Conversation Comedy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2010 - 07:13 AM

I would think $10 is the perfect price for Tekken 6. Honestly, that game is not mind blowingly good. It's just more of the same. Including the horrible online play.

I smell unintended Haterade... besides towards the online. Nobody enjoys that shit.

#1094 notorious_pip

notorious_pip

Lift big to get big

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2010 - 08:00 PM

Heh, there's no love for Tekken in this thread.
Posted Image

#1095 Paco

Paco

GO TEAM GIRTH!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2010 - 10:31 PM

I smell unintended Haterade... besides towards the online. Nobody enjoys that shit.

Everyone has HATERADE for TEKKEN 6. It had worse online then KOF XII. How can you NOT hate on that? That's grounds for an EVERLASTING FOUNTAIN OF HATERADE.

#1096 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

Titanfall DLC #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2010 - 10:37 PM

Everyone has HATERADE for TEKKEN 6. It had worse online then KOF XII. How can you NOT hate on that? That's grounds for an EVERLASTING FOUNTAIN OF HATERADE.

Oh god yes.

Spoiler

#1097 Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

Suck it Wolverine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2010 - 11:53 PM

Nothing had worse online than KOF XII before that patch. NOTHING!!!!!! EVER EVER EVER!!!!!!! ;)

Anyway I haven't been playing fighters lately... I need to get back to it. xD

deadpool_signature_by_hsalpihw-d38xyht.p

#1098 option.iv

option.iv

Posted 03 September 2010 - 04:59 AM

Not sure if you guys saw this, but Juicebox Abel over at BLGaming just had his first podcast. It's only 20 min yet very informative. I basically goes over how to treat bad matchups and goes over a common situation in detail.

http://www.blgaming....-1-bad-matchups

I would highly suggest it, especially for those stuck in a rut and those beginning or at the intermediate level.

test.gif

#1099 j-cart

j-cart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2010 - 02:31 AM

Guess whose back? Been doing some Ryu mountain training aka camping and walking around barefoot.

#1100 Paco

Paco

GO TEAM GIRTH!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2010 - 03:14 AM

Guess whose back? Been doing some Ryu mountain training aka camping and walking around barefoot.

Segata Sanshiro?

#1101 m_d_amore

m_d_amore

BrooKlyn Bum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2010 - 04:12 AM

Anyone see the King of fighters movie?
Posted ImagePosted Image
You can kill a cow(mo0) and eat it. But you can't pick a plant and Smoke it?
Assy Ass Ass , Ass Ass.

XBox 360 is for Poor people

#1102 Paco

Paco

GO TEAM GIRTH!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2010 - 04:56 AM

Anyone see the King of fighters movie?

It's pretty damn good. It's right up there with Street Fighter The Movie.

#1103 Paco

Paco

GO TEAM GIRTH!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2010 - 10:39 PM

Topic needs SEXINESS
Posted Image

#1104 sniping_dreamer

sniping_dreamer

Pew pew pew

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2010 - 02:15 AM

What the CRAP? Was that Hotaru Futaba costume in there?

Also, hey guys, haven't posted in a while. I left for college and kept my PS3 at home. So...yeah. Darn.

There's a rather large fighting game community here, so that's good.
Posted Image

#1105 j-cart

j-cart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2010 - 03:18 AM

what school you at s_dreamer?

#1106 panzerfaust

panzerfaust

Posted 08 September 2010 - 01:10 AM

Been gone awhile, having settled back into school and all, but I'm now up for some SSF4 whenever anyone wants to play.

The internet at my apartment seems to be much more friendly to PSN compared to what I had at home =D

UjCoyFa.png

#1107 option.iv

option.iv

Posted 08 September 2010 - 05:08 AM

good couple games pf. Sorry to bail so early. Too bad it was one bar the whole time. I guess I don't have a powerful enough internetz.

test.gif

#1108 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

Titanfall DLC #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2010 - 05:14 AM

good couple games pf. Sorry to bail so early. Too bad it was one bar the whole time. I guess I don't have a powerful enough internetz.

Getting off wireless is the first step to a better connection.

#1109 panzerfaust

panzerfaust

Posted 08 September 2010 - 05:21 AM

Yeah ggs option, you seem solid as ever. I was a bit winded after losing to my friend's fuerte for an hour straight, so hopefully we'll get some fresh games in later =p

UjCoyFa.png

#1110 option.iv

option.iv

Posted 08 September 2010 - 03:34 PM

In similar news (old), it seems all console versions of SFIV and SSFIV have a little native delay/lag. approx 5-7 frames.

However, no one has done a concrete test as described in Kanta-Kun's SRK post

I don't think you UNDERSTAND the issue here. YOU DO NOT KNOW, on which frame the button was actually activated.

THE ONLY way to test this is either A: You have a LED, light-on-activation button, then you can sync the lights (still not 100%); OR B: YOU HAVE 1 STICK, 1 BUTTON, 2 PCBS, connected to BOTH CONSOLES, ON THE SAME MODEL OF MONITORS, 1 RECORDING.

That's THE ONLY way to know exactly how much difference there is.

However, your test somehow seemed pretty reliable. 2 frames does seem like A LOT though... sucks.

test.gif