Photo
- - - - -

CAG PS3 Fighting Game Matchmaking Thread - Injustice out NAO!

• Please log in to reply
3393 replies to this topic

#91 option.iv

option.iv

phantom fighter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2010 - 06:04 PM

That's great news, it seems like Makoto is going to be similar to her 3s version. However, I hope there's news about her Kara-cancelling sometime. That's what I'm concerned about. Though I'm pysched her god like dash is preserved.

#92 Esper

Esper

No Roll, No Zenny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2010 - 05:39 AM

Nice games option. Sorry about the bs fuerte ultra; couple of rounds back.
Spoiler
Attempted the RSF, but no luck, I couldn't get the timing of the inputs out at all lol.

#93 option.iv

option.iv

phantom fighter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2010 - 06:12 AM

Yeah, i kept eating ElF Ultra over and over, I tried to dash different ways but kept getting caught between his legs. Man, I must be getting older or you're getting better, I got raped that Abel v Gen match hard.

Great games Frank, nice to see you on SFIV as well. You Ryu is solid. Surprised you knew how to handle FA while jumping in. I started to get raped by them mashed dps.

#94 Frank Deluded

Frank Deluded

Posted 04 March 2010 - 09:28 AM

Yeah, man. GG's. I was definitely mashin' that DP after your non-stop block strings.

For the most part I know every match up well enough sans Rose, Abel, Chun, Fei.

I've never fought an Abel that could effectively AA consistently so I was doing stupid s**t at times. I'm going to bother you next time you're on SF4.

Sick Apple though.

#95 Esper

Esper

No Roll, No Zenny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2010 - 03:11 PM

More Dangief in action. Can't wait to try him out. I like his oil gimmick; his trap ultra and focus attack range.

Juri vs. Hakan

From the Game Developer's Conference
Ibuki vs. Hakan

If you want to check out more GDC SSFIV videos from this user - http://www.youtube.c...shoryukenvideos

#96 option.iv

option.iv

phantom fighter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 03:41 AM

Hakan doing the helicopter f-bomb on Juri, awesome.

I excited about Makoto, but from the people's impressions, she's missing a big part of her game... her post-hayate karakusa (command grab). And Hayate is still unsafe on block, wtf Capcom, wtf. At least it's hit confirmable on cr.jab strings... Maybe her tsurugi will be her main offense, just hope it can be TK'ed.

BTW, great games the other night Frank and great games this afternoon Mr.Beef.

#97 OlDirtyBastard

OlDirtyBastard

Hamburger Train Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 04:40 AM

Gamestop is giving "thumb wrestlers" with pre-orders for SSF4. They look strange to me but a collector's item is a collector's item. I'll sign up when it comes out, right now I just have SF4 on the 360
http://www.gamestop....roduct_id=76129
Marvel Pinball Avengers DLC- Phantom and resell available- $1.67/ $3.33Posted Image

#98 Esper

Esper

No Roll, No Zenny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 09:36 AM

Gamestop is giving "thumb wrestlers" with pre-orders for SSF4. They look strange to me but a collector's item is a collector's item. I'll sign up when it comes out, right now I just have SF4 on the 360
http://www.gamestop....roduct_id=76129

GS better give me my fucking thumb fighters. If they don't, everything that's sitting upright in the store is going to get knocked down, especially the magazine rack.
Spoiler

#99 m_d_amore

m_d_amore

BrooKlyn Bum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 11:16 AM

hope i get the zangief rubber
Posted ImagePosted Image
You can kill a cow(mo0) and eat it. But you can't pick a plant and Smoke it?
Assy Ass Ass , Ass Ass.

XBox 360 is for Poor people

#100 OlDirtyBastard

OlDirtyBastard

Hamburger Train Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 03:13 PM

You don't even know how much trouble I would get in if I had Zangief condoms. Stand on the other side of the room, throw my hands up and lumber over to the bed. And of course when all is said and done, "Russian wrestling is always #1!" Yeah Id be put on sexual time out for a while after that.
Marvel Pinball Avengers DLC- Phantom and resell available- $1.67/ $3.33Posted Image

#101 DarkKenpachi

DarkKenpachi

Nupe 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 05:43 PM

That song is badass. Now that's a manly song.

Spoiler

im all late on this one but I was freaking out until I read that it was a hacked pc video. lol

anyway though if you guys haven't added me yet please do so because between final fantasy and GOW 3 I am going to play some street fighter to get my mind off of things and stay somewhat sharp for Super next month.
Blessed to be still standing after it all.

#102 Esper

Esper

No Roll, No Zenny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2010 - 12:15 AM

im all late on this one but I was freaking out until I read that it was a hacked pc video. lol

lol, i was pretty dumbfounded when i saw the video too.

Have a couple of dimepieces and be like... "Get ready for the RED CYCLONE!"

#103 option.iv

option.iv

phantom fighter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2010 - 05:18 AM

Great games Esper, I tried to do the Barcelona Trap on Sagat but no go. Damn auto correct dp, haha.

BTW, the Barcelona Trap is when Vega gets the opponent in the corner and just does his off the wall crap so he can essentially cross up over the opponent several times. Even if the opponent manages to dp, Vega will be behind them and just grab (kinda like a safe jump). Now the problem is getting the opponent in the corner. Man, this is going to be tight in SSFIV since Vega's off the wall specials are going to be a lot faster.

Man, I wanna play Vega again. Goes back to training mode.

#104 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

Lookin' in all the right places

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2010 - 05:20 AM

Man, this is going to be tight in SSFIV since Vega's off the wall specials are going to be a lot faster.

Man, I wanna play Vega again. Goes back to training mode.

Source?

#105 Esper

Esper

No Roll, No Zenny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2010 - 05:45 AM

Great games Esper, I tried to do the Barcelona Trap on Sagat but no go. Damn auto correct dp, haha.

lol ggs, got caught 3 times in the corner by that thing. Saw my life dwindling at that point. All i needed to do is chip you, so i went for ex dp towards 1 player side. And it auto-corrected my dp towards 2 player side. I was like, "wow, that's not cool lol". :cry:

Still didn't have an answer for your Abel. Tried to apply pressure with Rose, didn't work. Should have picked Blanka and be random.

#106 Frank Deluded

Frank Deluded

Posted 12 March 2010 - 06:42 AM

BTW, great games the other night Frank and great games this afternoon Mr.Beef.

Yeah, GG's.

That neutral jump short with Cammy stopping my flashkick for the win was awesome.

The weird ultras with Ryu were never intentional, it was weird I have shitty execution but I threw like 3-4 ultras at stupid times, it's never been that bad.

also, hakan looks... cool?

*esper I'm gonna send you a friend request since your from California as well.

#107 option.iv

option.iv

phantom fighter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2010 - 06:48 AM

Great games luan. Also, nice playing MvC2 with ya md and esper.

Yeah Frank, Esper is a great player. Better execution than I have for sure. Excellent C. Viper player btw.

Edited by option.iv, 12 March 2010 - 07:27 AM.

#108 m_d_amore

m_d_amore

BrooKlyn Bum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2010 - 06:00 PM

good games last night guys. im amped for SSF4 . when i do get it will there be a reaason to get 4? seems far away now thinking of 4 to tide me over hmm
Posted ImagePosted Image
Assy Ass Ass , Ass Ass.

#109 Esper

Esper

No Roll, No Zenny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2010 - 06:32 AM

edit

Edited by Esper, 26 September 2011 - 04:39 AM.

#110 option.iv

option.iv

phantom fighter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2010 - 03:43 PM

Boxer is just nasty because of his quick ass jab and his roundhouse is fast as well. Sorry, all i knew to do was jab to throw strings or jab to roundhouse strings, lol. I've noticed though, people usually do cr.jab x 1 or 2, then st. jab (either to link if opp is standing or hit someone jumping), then cr. roundhouse. What's interesting is that the opponent is usually crouching and the st. jab whiffs. I guess, it's a valid blockstring. Also, I unfortunately hear that Boxer's Ultra 2 is not instant, like people can jump out of range once he engages the Ultra animation, unlike Zangief's.

Also, anyone hear of or use GGPO? Apparently, Capcom is finally going to use the famous and impeccable netcode for one of their upcoming games. However, it's not going to be a fighting game, it's an old school beat 'em up. Final Fight: Double Impact. People are suggesting that if you support this game, Capcom will implement the GGPO code into their fighters... I dunno though, Capcom has been screwing us over and again....

#111 m_d_amore

m_d_amore

BrooKlyn Bum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2010 - 05:38 PM

final fight? i feel Haggar laid the ground work for Zangief(big brute helicopter punch )
Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by m_d_amore, 19 March 2010 - 05:53 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Assy Ass Ass , Ass Ass.

#112 kurrptsenate

kurrptsenate

HAW-DOO-TEN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2010 - 09:03 PM

can someone post that ken srk video. i wanna bookmark it to my brother

#113 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2010 - 09:33 PM

can someone post that ken srk video. i wanna bookmark it to my brother

This one?

#114 Frank Deluded

Frank Deluded

Posted 19 March 2010 - 09:50 PM

The only thing that's annoying about Barlog for me is the range on his cr. roundhouse.

I'm interested in how Gen is going to play now since it's been confirmed (IIRC) that his mk > slaps have been taken away.

*and yeah, definitely buying final fight. That GGPO code is great. I'm definitely supporting that.

#115 option.iv

option.iv

phantom fighter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2010 - 12:05 AM

^That's what I don't understand. It was Gen's bread and butter, yet it isn't terribley overpowered. Damage scaling evened it out. Is Gen like secretly top tier? It's hard as hell to pull off st.mk>slap chop. Though I'm definitely a fan of Yeb (SoCal Gen player), I wonder if he's going to stick with Gen in SSFIV.

#116 kurrptsenate

kurrptsenate

HAW-DOO-TEN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2010 - 12:45 PM

This one?

YES!!! thank you kindly

#117 Paco

Paco

GO TEAM GIRTH!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2010 - 05:21 PM

Can't wait for KOF XIII. The return of Takuma means I can finally use someone from the Art of Fighting Team proficiently again.
If you can't KOF with the best
Than Street Fight With The Rest

#118 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2010 - 05:36 PM

^That's what I don't understand. It was Gen's bread and butter, yet it isn't terribley overpowered. Damage scaling evened it out. Is Gen like secretly top tier? It's hard as hell to pull off st.mk>slap chop. Though I'm definitely a fan of Yeb (SoCal Gen player), I wonder if he's going to stick with Gen in SSFIV.

How often do you see console characters being used overall? I doubt many people have even scratched the surface of these characters.

#119 option.iv

option.iv

phantom fighter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:17 AM

How often do you see console characters being used overall? I doubt many people have even scratched the surface of these characters.

Apparently, a lot of San Diego players take pride in knowing the console characters, especially since we don't have SFIV cabinets or real arcades for that matter. However, I have not played any of these console character experts. Playing online, I still see a bunch of Sagats and Ryus, but sometimes I'll see a Fei-long or even a Dan. Even played against a Rose player who knew his stuff. Used backdash and spacing to make up for Rose's poor fireball recovery. But yeah, console chars are just few and far between.

#120 kurrptsenate

kurrptsenate

HAW-DOO-TEN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2010 - 02:48 PM

after seeing an insane combo video of guile online, im attempting to use him. It helped to learn how to buffer his sonic boom, which i think would help me with balrog as well.

online lag sucks for linking moves. Its almost impossible to get consistent.