Photo
- - - - -

CAG PS3 Fighting Game Matchmaking Thread - Injustice out NAO!

• Please log in to reply
3394 replies to this topic

#1291 anathema728

anathema728

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2010 - 09:42 AM

don't know what you mean by st. lp is a frame trap, st lp into itself isn't a frame trap, but st. lp pause or walk forward st. lp leaves room for you to press buttons. so it's just a delayed st. lp which would catch stuff.

like um, ryu players can do c.mp c.mp or c. mp walk forward c.mp which changes up timings.

I saw SCR, I'm pretty sure if daigo had taken the dive, tokido would have taken it for free. I thought the best match was daigo/valle in ssf4, and where was gamerbee? didn't really see him on the stream

did you go j-cart?

#1292 j-cart

j-cart

PAPER TRAILS on a mountain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2010 - 01:01 PM

I was able to stop by SCR for a bit before work (I missed Tokido's Raging Demon pose!).

I got there right when 3s finished up, so I basically was there for the Dogface stream. However I did get to play me some MvC3 and god damn this game keeps uping the unexplainable awesomeness of awesome! Looks crazy good and the little details just scream nerd love (deadpool walking backwards is him doing the moon walk, Hulk taging in Iron Man says "Metal HEAD!"). Sadly this wasn't the newest build, so no Wesker, MODOK, X-23, Mags, or Arthur. This game will be bigger than SSF4, no doubt. Super Skrull has some cheap to him (distant command throw and specials moves that must be blocked low from a distance). MvC3 get hyped!

Sako (Cammy) and Justin Wong (Rufus) played a FT10. JWong man, respect the throw is his name of the game. He would constantly get Sako on knockdown, dash up and just walk up and throw, Ex-Messiah, or block. Sako couldn't figure out his game and it was 10-2 Jwong.

Got to see Tokido's Akuma vs. OnlineTony's Seth. Too much crap was going on for me to follow. Tokido's Akuma is the truth.

I wish I had a chance to enter SCR, but alas work had me scheduled Sat and Sun night (glad I made it home to watch the finals).

Honestly, next time there is a local tournament (Westcoast Warzone?) Everyone needs to try to make it. Would be cool to finally put some faces to some names/voices.

I know for a fact that some of you guys could hold your own in a tournament.

/edit: Gamerbee did not make to top 8 so that is why you didn't see him on the Sunday stream.

#1293 option.iv

option.iv

Posted 09 November 2010 - 08:14 PM

Anytime moves don't chain together, there's a window where you can backdash or do an invincible move. Or you can do my favorite option, block.

test.gif

#1294 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

Titanfall DLC #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2010 - 06:50 PM

#1295 j-cart

j-cart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2010 - 10:47 PM

GGs Esper and Option.

I thought I found my calling With Gief, then Option got that luck ass time out. Who knows?! He was fun to play (except that Sim vs Gief match up was a joke).

#1296 lolwhat

lolwhat

Posted 16 November 2010 - 10:33 PM

Sakura is getting buffs for the arcade version :bouncy:

#1297 option.iv

option.iv

Posted 22 November 2010 - 10:00 PM

Hey guys, here's an interesting video for those of you interested in plinking and its applications. And made by Esper's older brother! haha j/k

test.gif

#1298 Esper

Esper

No Roll, No Zenny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2010 - 08:38 PM

Hey guys, here's an interesting video for those of you interested in plinking and its applications. And made by Esper's older brother! haha j/k

ggs to j-cart and option yesterday and the week before. I haven't checked this thread in ages.

wtf, it is MY brother, fool! I need check out that video. I'm going to put this on my favorites list. Thanks for posting it.

Spoiler

#1299 option.iv

option.iv

Posted 24 November 2010 - 09:48 PM

Good games esper and jcart.

Esper, noticed you're doing os jump ins now. Against Bison, you want to do lp srk instead of hp/ex to catch ex headstomp. And when doing this against vega, you have to guess whether or not I backflip or backdash, because those OSes will whiff on backslash. Keep practicing them too and following them up with the normal ground attacks. I notcied that you stood there for a bit after a jump in. just get used to the timing. It's sorta like this.

Jump in, F+Fierce Punch, (during hit/block stun) Down, downforward+LP, (land) cr.lk, cr.lp, etc.

Jcart, great games bud. You just gotta work on dem combos son. Big part of the game is punishing. Also, I know Bison doesn't have the best anti air, but work on his st rh from far away and teleport. Because it's Super, his options on wakeup aren't that great anymore, ex psycho is punishable and it's easy to safe jump ex scissors. That really only leaves you blocking and teleport, and occasional ex devils reverse.

As for plinking, say you're Bison, one of his most useful plinks is cr.lk x 3.

It'll look like this.

cr.lk, cr.lk~lp, cr.lk~lp xx lk scissors

Basically your thumb is closer to the buttons and index finger slightly higher, when you press down, your thumb will hit first and index follows after. This makes the links a little easier (I believe they're 2 frame links). Basically you want to plink whenever you are trying to link two normals with a very small window (excluding linking lp) or are trying to be as precise framewise with normals (i.e. block strings).

Edited by option.iv, 24 November 2010 - 10:26 PM.

test.gif

#1300 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

Titanfall DLC #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2010 - 10:23 PM

As for plinking, say you're Bison, one of his most useful plinks is cr.lk x 3.

It'll look like this.

cr.lk, cr.lk~lp, cr.lk~lp xx lk scissors

Fuck, why didn't I think of that?!

#1301 option.iv

option.iv

Posted 25 November 2010 - 10:02 PM

Happy Thanksgiving guys!

Be safe on Black Friday.

test.gif

#1302 j-cart

j-cart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2010 - 11:53 PM

And to everyone here Happy Thanksgiving!

#1303 asianxcore

asianxcore

...to the moon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2010 - 09:09 AM

GG's Mr. Beef and Option tonight.

It was a long wait until I played someone that I am 5-5 against.

Soooooo many 4-6 matchups for Seth tonight.

#1304 option.iv

option.iv

Posted 02 December 2010 - 06:42 AM

ggs beef and axc the other night. Also ggs suko and esper.

test.gif

#1305 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

Titanfall DLC #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 03:19 AM

Because I know options just loooooooooooves mashing:

#1306 option.iv

option.iv

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:27 AM

Yummy, mashed potatoes... just smear it all over mah face.

Anyways. Here's a trailer for SSFIV AE. Stay tuned to the end for a surprise. If you can't wait, just look on eventhubs.

test.gif

#1307 Paco

Paco

GO TEAM GIRTH!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2010 - 06:41 PM

I'm trying to make the song rhyme but I just can't.

I troll
I troll
It's off to work I troll.
I use Ryu to do Hadou
I troll I troll I troll
I troll
I troll
It's off to work I go.
I use Ryu to spam Shoryu
I troll I troll I troll.
If you can't KOF with the best
Than Street Fight With The Rest

#1308 j-cart

j-cart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2010 - 08:06 PM

I'm trying to make the song rhyme but I just can't.

I troll
I troll
It's off to work I troll.
I use Ryu to do Hadou
I troll I troll I troll
I troll
I troll
It's off to work I go.
I use Ryu to spam Shoryu
I troll I troll I troll.

HAHAHAHA it works!

Wonder if Shin Akuma will be like his CvS2 counter part (maybe his HP will be less than Seth's?)

Still sucks that I can only play as charge characters.

BTW I got Tekken 6 for free during black friday (sadly it is a greatest hit version?!) but yah I'll enjoy getting my ass kicked in that game if anyone wants to play.

#1309 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2010 - 08:22 PM

Well. I'm surprised it's taken me this long to find a matchmaking thread. My PSN is DarkParodius.

BBCS, SSFIV, Tekken 6, et cetera. The one I'll usually hop on for is SSFIV I still need quite a bit of work on Honda/Rose.

#1310 lolwhat

lolwhat

Posted 04 December 2010 - 08:49 PM

i left my stick at home because of finals, hating myself for it

#1311 option.iv

option.iv

Posted 05 December 2010 - 10:19 AM

Byakurai, though the list is sort of defunct (too lazy to update). Sign up on the OP.

Also, good games jcart, sorry, was playing trying to teach a friend and show him how I view street fighter. Also Balrog's cr.lp to st.rh is GDLK.

Also just finished the main storyline on Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm, I'm thinking of making a sign up list for that game as well. That game is the bees knees.

test.gif

#1312 j-cart

j-cart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2010 - 10:10 PM

GGs option. Balrog is pretty fun to play as. I havent had much time, but damn his combos are easy to pull off.

Was trying to land a st.lp to cr.hk on you each round. Gonna practice that cr.lp to st.hk alot.

As for that naruto game, anyone character with a puppet are pretty much A-tiers with Hokage Naruto at S-tier. It sucks that Kabuto is just okay in the game. His healing abilities are so good that he can revive the dead. Unlocking characters is a bitch in this game.

Byakurai: I'll add you when I get the chance. I just got Tekken 6, so i'll play some of that and SSF4 with yah.

#1313 option.iv

option.iv

Posted 06 December 2010 - 08:24 PM

The only thing I think they should balance is the Substitution jutsu. If the other person has turbo, they can just mash L2 or R2 during a combo and get out, and it doesn't even use that much chakra (energy). Like during the adventure mode, I just resorted to ougi the whole time because the cpu would just fall out of the combo after a couple hits.

Yeah, those puppeteers are just hard to get to with those puppets in the way.

test.gif

#1314 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

Titanfall DLC #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2010 - 08:33 PM

You guys played that Naruto game online ... why? I can imagine doing it with friends for the hell of it, but that's it.

#1315 option.iv

option.iv

Posted 07 December 2010 - 03:26 PM

Got dam you namco!

edit: In other news, classic SNK fighters are coming to PSN. i.e. Fatal Fury, Art of Fighting, etc. I'm sure the only person who might be excited is Paco.

Edited by option.iv, 07 December 2010 - 07:17 PM.

test.gif

#1316 Woltaire

Woltaire

2NE1 & SNSD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2010 - 12:22 AM

Also, good games jcart, sorry, was playing trying to teach a friend and show him how I view street fighter. Also Balrog's cr.lp to st.rh is GDLK.

Also just finished the main storyline on Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm, I'm thinking of making a sign up list for that game as well. That game is the bees knees.

"Ryu is my alt.."
Posted Image

#1317 j-cart

j-cart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2010 - 02:51 AM

Got dam you namco!

edit: In other news, classic SNK fighters are coming to PSN. i.e. Fatal Fury, Art of Fighting, etc. I'm sure the only person who might be excited is Paco.

If this means they bring over Mark of the Wolves, then put me in that group of being EXCITED!

#1318 Paco

Paco

GO TEAM GIRTH!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2010 - 05:27 AM

Got dam you namco!

Launching with KOF 94? NO THANK YOU. When we get 95, 97 and 98 then I'll start getting the excitement.

Is this where option will play it a few days, get beat up badly then say Fuck THIS GAME. IT SUCKS and then go back to Super Street Fighter 4?

I might get the Original SamSho for memories and Metal Slug since that's always tits. But KOF 94, original Fatal Fury? Meh. I'm waiting for later SNK games.
If you can't KOF with the best
Than Street Fight With The Rest

#1319 option.iv

option.iv

Posted 08 December 2010 - 06:00 AM

Is this where option will play it a few days, get beat up badly then say Fuck THIS GAME. IT SUCKS and then go back to Super Street Fighter 4?

Highly probable.

Anyways, good games Esper, ura, and blitz. Had lots of fun, now me am burntz out.

test.gif

#1320 option.iv

option.iv

Posted 10 December 2010 - 06:46 PM

Well, I updated the OP. Unfortunately took out all the games but SSFIV. The SSFIV sign up has been reset. If you guys are ok with this form and spreadsheet format or would request another format, just give me your feedback. And if you want any other games included, just post about it as well.

test.gif