Photo
- - - - -

CAG PS3 Fighting Game Matchmaking Thread - Injustice out NAO!

• Please log in to reply
3394 replies to this topic

#151 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2010 - 11:34 PM

Butt was never in King of Fighters. He's a Garou character and they aren't popular enough to be in KOF.

awwwwwwww
Posted Image

#152 DarkKenpachi

DarkKenpachi

Nupe 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2010 - 03:55 AM

Question for everyone:

I got the cheaper Mad Catz stick for SF4 and I wanted to upgrade to the TE stick, my question is: is the difference in the actual joystick use that noticeable in between both controllers?

I am mainly a control pad player, but I realize for me to be better than I am now, I have to really take the time to use the stick now. All Help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in Advance
Blessed to be still standing after it all.

#153 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

Titanfall DLC #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2010 - 04:03 AM

Question for everyone:

I got the cheaper Mad Catz stick for SF4 and I wanted to upgrade to the TE stick, my question is: is the difference in the actual joystick use that noticeable in between both controllers?

I am mainly a control pad player, but I realize for me to be better than I am now, I have to really take the time to use the stick now. All Help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in Advance

I think the difference is definitely worth the extra expense. The Sanwa stick itself has an overall smoother feel to it, not to mention, it was built to take plenty of abuse.

#154 panzerfaust

panzerfaust

Posted 30 March 2010 - 04:06 AM

Or you could upgrade the SE you already have with sanwa parts. Up to you.

UjCoyFa.png

#155 DarkKenpachi

DarkKenpachi

Nupe 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2010 - 04:15 AM

I was thinking of doing both actually, but I just needed some extra advice. do the buttons play that differently as well? I am old school and use to play street fighter with a stick in the arcades and those long long handles did work better for street fighter. but I do remember them breaking a lot on the early street fighter 2 and championship edition cabinets

#156 Paco

Paco

GO TEAM GIRTH!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2010 - 04:23 AM

Yuri is kinda cute.

Posted Image
If you can't KOF with the best
Than Street Fight With The Rest

#157 option.iv

option.iv

Posted 30 March 2010 - 05:51 AM

I was thinking of doing both actually, but I just needed some extra advice. do the buttons play that differently as well? I am old school and use to play street fighter with a stick in the arcades and those long long handles did work better for street fighter. but I do remember them breaking a lot on the early street fighter 2 and championship edition cabinets

Sanwa's are just really sensitive in comparison to other buttons. You won't even have to pound on buttons (though you always can) for things to register. The input is registered with the slightest of pushes. The joystick shouldn't break even with considerable force. It'll wear it down, but it'll remain more than adequate for playing fighting games. Sanwa joysticks do have a bit longer throw (distance to gate) as well.

If you don't have any problems with your current setup, I'd say don't change a thing. As with most things, you gotta weigh your options and see if spending the extra cash for new hardware is really worth it. See if you can find a friend with a TE and ask if you can try it out briefly.

And sorry I didn't reply to your PSN message, I dunno what I was doing. I was kind of idle at the time.

test.gif

#158 DarkKenpachi

DarkKenpachi

Nupe 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2010 - 04:10 PM

its cool option. I was playing last night with my stick for the first time in ever and it was so different. I can see the benefit of using one, but the frustration right now of using my normal characters like Zangief and Ryu always makes me stop using the stick. though with my charge characters I am so much better with the stick, I still feel more competitive with the dpad though.

on the fighting stick I feel like the diagonals are off, and that is the frustrating part to me about using the stick. I even go to practice and continuously try to get out fireballs and dragonpunches and they only come out half of the time. It is like I gotta slam the stick at the end to get the move out. I remember finese from the arcade, I really wonder if it is the stick or me? as for the buttons I have no problems whatsoever with them. It is just the stick itself. I know the learning curve is steep, but I use to play back in the arcade with sf2, so the curve is not that great for me.

also I never discussed this before, but back when sf first came to consoles I could always get out 2 and 3 hit combos with one button press with shotos. Example jumping fierce, stand or ducking fierce to fireball or dragonpunch. Now I feel as though I have to press the button to get each individual move out. Is it still possible to do these combos with one button press? and if so I must really be outta the loop and removed from street fighter more than I care to admit.

#159 kurrptsenate

kurrptsenate

HAW-DOO-TEN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2010 - 04:50 PM

you want to get into the habit of hitting the button to get the move to come out. there are times where you can cancel a normal move into a special button without hitting a button again (but input something with a stick) but that is pretty infrequent and I wouldn't rely on it.

I've been using a stick for about 3 months now, but switched from a street pad which i used for about a year. It was absolutely frustrating at first, for a good month, but now I'm able to do things you just cannot do on a pad. It also forces you to learn timing even better to be able to do combos instead of cheaping it on a pad.

The only problem I have from time to time is doing ultras that require down to forward twice, as well as shoryukens. If I practice each, I get them back. In a match when I have very little time to input the notation, its either hit or miss.

I still have a ton of trouble doing dhalsims back+m.k -> lp yoga flame -> cancel super. Not sure how you can get good with Dhalsim without mastering this so i pick him few and far between now

#160 Frank Deluded

Frank Deluded

Posted 30 March 2010 - 06:30 PM

The Mad Catz fightstick is way too light for me. Each time I do a motion with it the whole stick wiggles off my lap. I need me a TE stick. Hopefully soon.

#161 option.iv

option.iv

Posted 30 March 2010 - 06:44 PM

^Just tape some bricks to it and walah!

Dark, my advice is to go to training and practice moves over and over. Just start from movement (i.e. walking forward, holding db, jumping forward, etc.). Then move on to normals and command normals, (i.e. Ken's forward mk and so forth). Then finally move onto specials, supers and ultras. Just do the motions slow at first, then increase your speed. Accuracy is the key here, how fast you do it is merely secondary. Don't move on unless you feel very confident in execution. Also, time the button presses with the last joystick input. (i.e. down, down-forward, forward + medium punch)

Also, you can try riding the gate. Literally hitting the stick to the side and going along the edge when doing specials.

Also, if you haven't found a comfortable grip. Make sure it's comfortable in all 8 directions. Here are various ways to hold the stick. I myself use a "no-homo."

test.gif

#162 panzerfaust

panzerfaust

Posted 31 March 2010 - 04:51 AM

Anyone up for some SF4?

UjCoyFa.png

#163 Esper

Esper

No Roll, No Zenny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2010 - 05:16 AM

Anyone up for some SF4?

lets play. sending you a pm

#164 option.iv

option.iv

Posted 31 March 2010 - 05:20 AM

great games esp. Sorry I only played dhalsim, I'm trying to learn him. And sorry about the teleport shenanigans, I'm trying to be like Goku from DBZ.

Also, great games earlier today Frank and KenEx.

test.gif

#165 panzerfaust

panzerfaust

Posted 31 March 2010 - 05:31 AM

lets play. sending you a pm

aight, let me log on

UjCoyFa.png

#166 Paco

Paco

GO TEAM GIRTH!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2010 - 05:36 AM

anyone up for KOF XII?

#167 option.iv

option.iv

Posted 31 March 2010 - 05:54 AM

anyone up for KOF XII?

nope.

test.gif

#168 Paco

Paco

GO TEAM GIRTH!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2010 - 06:04 AM

nope.

I know you love your HATERAID, but don't be hating on KOF. I'm gonna hate on SF4 more now for that. Only SF3 3rd strike is good.

#169 hankmecrankme

hankmecrankme

Drunken Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2010 - 06:08 AM

I know you love your HATERAID, but don't be hating on KOF. I'm gonna hate on SF4 more now for that. Only SF3 3rd strike is good.

And we all know that Garou > 3S.

Posted Image Posted Image

I like how this one black guy manager at my nearest KFC rejected the chicken and told the employees to make me some new chicken. He understood how us black folks like our friend chicken fresh and not hard.

I love me some fried food. I eat friend food all the time and I'm still super skinny. I can eat all the friend chicken and other unhealthy foods never getting fat.:D

#170 Paco

Paco

GO TEAM GIRTH!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2010 - 06:09 AM

And we all know that Garou > 3S.

Fighting words bro. FIGHTING WORDS. TIME TO OIL UP.

#171 Frank Deluded

Frank Deluded

Posted 31 March 2010 - 06:12 AM

FIGHTING WORDS. TIME TO OIL UP.

Lol.

I always wanted to play Garou because I kept hearing it was SNK's version of 3rd Strike.

I'll send you a friend request panzerfaust to get some matches in. GG's Option. Dhalsim mirror in SF4 is a horrible and possibly the most boring match up ever.

#172 panzerfaust

panzerfaust

Posted 31 March 2010 - 06:19 AM

sorry for the small amount of games esper, friend wanted to play in RL.

ggs though, well -- not really on my part =p

UjCoyFa.png

#173 AXV1

AXV1

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2010 - 06:38 AM

I have accepted the fact that I suck at all fighting games...

#174 Esper

Esper

No Roll, No Zenny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2010 - 07:56 AM

great games esp. Sorry I only played dhalsim, I'm trying to learn him. And sorry about the teleport shenanigans, I'm trying to be like Goku from DBZ.

lol np dude, whatever works for you. The shenanigans worked though. Seeing you teleport side to side got me all googly eyed :dunce:.

sorry for the small amount of games esper, friend wanted to play in RL.

ggs though, well -- not really on my part =p

It's all good in hood.
Good games to you and anathema earlier today. Nice timing with the air throws with your chun-li, kept getting sucked in lol. Use more st. hk/hp to space me out. For your Sakura, just work on your hit confirming so you can land those tatsus into reset mixups/shenanigans. Also, I kept eating brutal dps by anathema's ken. Comes out at random times. Threw me off my game. Your sim beasted me like always; I try to get in that ass, but I can't get in. Nice spacing. Good stuff. My bad I had to go,but we got a good amount of matches in though.

Just for laughs, I need to test this out on randoms before ssfiv.
Spoiler

Edited by Esper, 28 September 2011 - 12:46 AM.
Added random video.

#175 DarkKenpachi

DarkKenpachi

Nupe 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2010 - 04:37 PM

option your dhalsim is really good my only advice would be to stick with him. Once I get the Nuances down of the stick I want to really learn viper, rufus, and gen.

The stick is really taking some time to get use to, but I feel like I am at least some what competitive, though far from as good as I am on a control pad. I really want the TE stick now. I wish I would have kept playing instead of leaving sf4 for other games, I was a much better player back then.

I am really seeing my flaws in my fighting style now. I get stubborn and consistently try to do something that I know is not working and I really get stuck into button mashing in certain cases. I know I am better than this, I just try to get by on certain things that USE to work. It is like everyone has gone off to become Super Saiyans and I am still on Krillin's level. lol

#176 DarkKenpachi

DarkKenpachi

Nupe 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2010 - 04:38 PM

esper and panzer I am going to add you guys tonight.

#177 Inf^Shini

Inf^Shini

is Han Cholo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2010 - 04:41 PM

I'd recommend starting with Rufus first, he's the easiest of the three to pick up :)

Posted Image

The face of a pleased man =D

#178 Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

Suck it Wolverine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2010 - 07:28 PM

No one plays Battle Fantasia at all online.

deadpool_signature_by_hsalpihw-d38xyht.p

#179 option.iv

option.iv

Posted 31 March 2010 - 07:37 PM

option your dhalsim is really good my only advice would be to stick with him. Once I get the Nuances down of the stick I want to really learn viper, rufus, and gen.

The stick is really taking some time to get use to, but I feel like I am at least some what competitive, though far from as good as I am on a control pad. I really want the TE stick now. I wish I would have kept playing instead of leaving sf4 for other games, I was a much better player back then.

I am really seeing my flaws in my fighting style now. I get stubborn and consistently try to do something that I know is not working and I really get stuck into button mashing in certain cases. I know I am better than this, I just try to get by on certain things that USE to work. It is like everyone has gone off to become Super Saiyans and I am still on Krillin's level. lol

SF4 is definitely becoming my most played game. I even leave my PS3 idle with that game loaded up. My other games are just collecting dust. My suggestion for making better match decisions is to analyze all possible options. For example, say you were knocked down and the opponent is right on top of you. List all the options the opponent has, and then list all the things that counter or get you out of that situation. It's a lot of work, but you'll see which moves are 'safer' than others. Specifically, there's E.Honda. When he's knocked down, he'll most likely do a jab headbutt since it beats so many wakeup options. But at the same time, the opponent most likely realizes jab headbutt is the go to option for wakeups, so they may be able to use that information to their advantage. But then again, Honda might pick up on this an do something else. SF4 is just really a rock paper scissors game with technical skill thrown in. Reading minds if you will. But I would recommend doing this once you've got your bearings down on your character's moveset, so you can summon your moves at will.

I'd recommend starting with Rufus first, he's the easiest of the three to pick up :)

Yeah, Rufus is definitely the easiest. He's got a lot of safe options, shenanigans, ways to land ultra, and great damage overall. People are saying he'll be top tier in Super with the shoto's redux in damage.

No one plays Battle Fantasia at all online.

nope.

test.gif

#180 m_d_amore

m_d_amore

BrooKlyn Bum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2010 - 07:45 PM

option is

Posted Image
OF

Posted Image

Edited by m_d_amore, 01 April 2010 - 01:10 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image
You can kill a cow(mo0) and eat it. But you can't pick a plant and Smoke it?
Assy Ass Ass , Ass Ass.

XBox 360 is for Poor people