Photo
- - - - -

CAG PS3 Fighting Game Matchmaking Thread - Injustice out NAO!

• Please log in to reply
3394 replies to this topic

#2071 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

Titanfall DLC #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:13 PM

Joy and today is my day off too, thought that it'd already be on the store first thing this morning and still nothing :(

Morning? I don't recall it ever updating earlier than 3PM.

#2072 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:33 PM

Got it downloading right now. Go to the playstation play portion on the 1st screen and it should be there.
Posted Image

It's cheap to ship to/from Canada. Please take a look at Magiic's Magiical Shipping Guide.
For info on Canadian Customs and Tax exemption check Here,
Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#2073 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

Titanfall DLC #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:34 PM

Yup, downloading it as we speak too, lol.

#2074 chickenbutt

chickenbutt

Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:51 PM

Anybody a noob at 3S like me and wanna play later?

#2075 option.iv

option.iv

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:07 PM

I'm a virgin to 3s so I'll be down. Though I'd like to at least do a quick run through of the game and the features myself first.

edit: Fuck me and hour download... Time to take a nap.

test.gif

#2076 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:20 PM

I never forget the first time I played 3rd strike... I was playing against a guy who played with Dudley, I had Ryu (we playing on an arcade machine) and I walked up to Dudley, SHORYUKEN!!!!!!! .......... PARRY! ---- and I'm standing there, looking like WTF was that! lol
Posted Image

#2077 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 10:34 PM

If you're Number 6 or higher in a room and you "WAIT" for your turn... you should get at least a Gold Trophy for that.
Posted Image

#2078 chickenbutt

chickenbutt

Posted 23 August 2011 - 11:02 PM

Anybody know if the replay uploading thing on Youtube only does 240p? My vids I uploaded are only 240p. It looks pretty bad lol.

#2079 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2011 - 12:51 AM

Anyone up for some matches toss me a msg on psn, I'm gonna be on for another hour or so.
Posted Image

It's cheap to ship to/from Canada. Please take a look at Magiic's Magiical Shipping Guide.
Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#2080 anathema728

anathema728

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2011 - 12:55 AM

ruh oh, input delay for 3s OE?

#2081 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

Titanfall DLC #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2011 - 01:10 AM

ruh oh, input delay for 3s OE?

Possible, but Seth said their debugging tools say there is none. I wanna see more confirmation from other people.

#2082 Furashu

Furashu

CAG Mercenary

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2011 - 05:49 AM

Furashu, since we both live in SD, I'm always down for online. It's better than nothing. And if it gets serious, we can casuals IRL. Bring dat loveknife.

Haha, anyways I know a little Magneto and a little Haggar so I can help you with those chars. As for Phoenix... it's a lonely road. Be prepared to feel the hate.

lol im still learning other characters and all the rules of the system... sf4 is much more simple.... lol

i just need to get better at execution! too many combos to remember...
Trade on GOOZEX and get $1 trade credit + a free 100 pt game!
http://www.goozex.co...r=6111658335991

PSN : Dunkindoanuts

#2083 Paco

Paco

GO TEAM GIRTH!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2011 - 05:26 PM

Option gained an Optiongina from the lenient inputs of 4. He can't do 3 that well because of it. But in old country, we see SF3 inputs as incredibly lenient.
If you can't KOF with the best
Than Street Fight With The Rest

#2084 RelentlessRolento

RelentlessRolento

Conversation Comedy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2011 - 05:44 PM

If you see me on 3S and im not on arcade mode, feel free to shoot me a fight request... I suck but want to get better...

#2085 option.iv

option.iv

Posted 24 August 2011 - 08:23 PM

Option gained an Optiongina from the lenient inputs of 4. He can't do 3 that well because of it. But in old country, we see SF3 inputs as incredibly lenient.

Plus I'm not making mashed potatoes.

As for the input delay. At least on my setup, I feel the slightest amount of it. (PS3 -> HDMI -> ASUS VH236H) Hell, I could be high.

Online is good, but at times I feel a hint of lag whenever I had a steady connection. My internet was crappin out last night unfortunately. Maybe I should try setting it to 0.

If my internet is not crapping out again, I'll have 3s room tonight around 8PST. All you trolls are welcome to come.

test.gif

#2086 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

Titanfall DLC #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2011 - 08:53 PM

As for the input delay. At least on my setup, I feel the slightest amount of it. (PS3 -> HDMI -> ASUS VH236H) Hell, I could be high.

Online is good, but at times I feel a hint of lag whenever I had a steady connection. My internet was crappin out last night unfortunately. Maybe I should try setting it to 0.

If my internet is not crapping out again, I'll have 3s room tonight around 8PST. All you trolls are welcome to come.

If it's anything like the matches we played on GGPO when you lowered it, you'll be fucking your opponent over, lol.

#2087 Paco

Paco

GO TEAM GIRTH!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:45 PM

GGPO made some magic with me. Beat a Ken it said KO, heard Ken die, then it rolled back, I got hit with a super and lost. First I was like LOL then I was like ?LOL? then I was like "LOL CRAPCOM"

GGPO being magic is severely overestimated. It's good netcode, but these LOLWUT moments make me say we need some more work done on netcode.

Can't mash on SF3. You're thinking of 4. And I got a CRT just for SF3. Got a 13 inch CRT and feel no lag on the thing. Using my happ stick to make this ultra ghetto fabulous.
If you can't KOF with the best
Than Street Fight With The Rest

#2088 option.iv

option.iv

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:56 PM

If it's anything like the matches we played on GGPO when you lowered it, you'll be fucking your opponent over, lol.

Lol, good games frank and quickly. I set it to zero for the first time and me and frank were rolling back like crazy. He even was revived from the dead one round.

Yeah, definitely not setting it to zero.

Maybe it's just me, but this game is really old. It's just not clicking with me like how SSFIV, Marvel, or even HDR did.

Oh and you can mash on this game, it's just not as easy.

test.gif

#2089 Frank Deluded

Frank Deluded

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:15 PM

GG's. That KO rollback is weird, on my end it was you who died.

I need some more practice with the flow of 3S and hit-confirming into super. I'll join you guys if you run that room, Option IV. That is, if there's enough room for lil' ol me.

#2090 sniping_dreamer

sniping_dreamer

Pew pew pew

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2011 - 02:53 AM

Hey CAG Fighting game thread.
If you want to hit me up on a few matches of 3S, don't be afraid to send an invite. Been playing 3S on GGPO for a while, I guess I'm "ok" with it.
Posted Image

#2091 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

Titanfall DLC #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2011 - 03:08 AM

Hey CAG Fighting game thread.
If you want to hit me up on a few matches of 3S, don't be afraid to send an invite. Been playing 3S on GGPO for a while, I guess I'm "ok" with it.

Posted Image

#2092 sniping_dreamer

sniping_dreamer

Pew pew pew

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2011 - 03:24 AM

Posted Image

You checked my Xfire profile, didn't you?
I really am not good, just decent. Better than those who just picked up the game, yes, but still not too good.
Posted Image

#2093 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

Titanfall DLC #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2011 - 03:55 AM

You checked my Xfire profile, didn't you?
I really am not good, just decent. Better than those who just picked up the game, yes, but still not too good.

Actually, I didn't, but I had a feeling you'd annihilate us anyway since you have more experience.

#2094 sniping_dreamer

sniping_dreamer

Pew pew pew

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2011 - 04:26 AM

Actually, I didn't, but I had a feeling you'd annihilate us anyway since you have more experience.

Makes sense. 3S has a pretty harsh learning curve. Knowing the meanness of the players in GGPO, I don't even know how I leveled up. And that was on keyboard.
Posted Image

#2095 Frank Deluded

Frank Deluded

Posted 25 August 2011 - 06:07 AM

Makes sense. 3S has a pretty harsh learning curve. Knowing the meanness of the players in GGPO, I don't even know how I leveled up. And that was on keyboard.

3S on keyboard? Sickk.

I use to play Alpha 2 on keyboard for a bit til I got my adapter. Not too shabby, let me tell ya.

#2096 Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2011 - 06:33 AM

GGPO made some magic with me. Beat a Ken it said KO, heard Ken die, then it rolled back, I got hit with a super and lost. First I was like LOL then I was like ?LOL? then I was like "LOL CRAPCOM"

GGPO being magic is severely overestimated. It's good netcode, but these LOLWUT moments make me say we need some more work done on netcode.

Can't mash on SF3. You're thinking of 4. And I got a CRT just for SF3. Got a 13 inch CRT and feel no lag on the thing. Using my happ stick to make this ultra ghetto fabulous.

I noticed that. I was playing a friend yesterday during one of the matches it said K.O and then he was still alive. Then another match the music stopped completely and got all screwy. I guess this one guy complaining about it had a few points, but not every point he made was valid. It has really good netcode, but it has a few problems. Mostly that KO thing every once in a while.

deadpool_signature_by_hsalpihw-d38xyht.p

#2097 sniping_dreamer

sniping_dreamer

Pew pew pew

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2011 - 05:47 PM

3S on keyboard? Sickk.

I use to play Alpha 2 on keyboard for a bit til I got my adapter. Not too shabby, let me tell ya.

CAG actually led me there to GGPO.

The keyboard wasn't too bad. I'm glad it did.
Parries weren't any harder (some argue easier).
Basic execution wasn't too bad, it's almost like the HitBox. Except 360s were near impossible/impossible. I could never do it.
Posted Image

#2098 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2011 - 05:58 PM

Anyone up for some matches?

Edit: Will be on for about an hour or so, msg me on PSN (Maigoyume) if you're up for it.

Btw Option, do you mind doing up a 3SO spreadsheet for the front page?
Posted Image

Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#2099 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

Titanfall DLC #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2011 - 07:19 PM

For somebody who mentioned the PS3 lags more than the 360:

http://shoryuken.com...testing.144512/

Shit has been debunked, it doesn't. I remember somebody bringing it up in here.

#2100 option.iv

option.iv

Posted 25 August 2011 - 09:31 PM

Anyone up for some matches?

Edit: Will be on for about an hour or so, msg me on PSN (Maigoyume) if you're up for it.

Btw Option, do you mind doing up a 3SO spreadsheet for the front page?

Ok I'll get on it... after i take a nap.

So now the question is, is the 4 frame lag the same as the original arcade board? That 4 frame input lag must've been what I was feeling.

test.gif