Sam's Club Deals Thread

SativaSam

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Mod's note:
Please use this thread going forward for trade requests, sell requests, buy requests and the like for all clearance games from Sam's Club:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=251017

Please add the location you found the game at, price, and any additional helpful information you can to each game you list in the Wiki.

I figured it's time we make a thread like this for all of the Sam's Club deals/clearance sales.

I picked up Batman: Arkham Asylum (360) for 9.87 at my local Sam's Club, along with Punch Out for Wii for 8.48, and Metal Gear Solid 4 (original edition I must add) for 17.81.

They also had Resistance 2 for 17.81, and GTA 4 for PS3 for 8 dollars.

Clearance Games Include:

Batman: Arkham Asylum (360) $9.87
Punch Out for Wii for 8.48
Metal Gear Solid 4 (original edition I must add) for 17.81.
Resistance 2 (CE) for 17.81
GTA 4 for PS3 for 8 dollars
Wii Grand Slam Tennis: $8.82
Killzone 2: $11.81
Infamous: $6.75
360 AC/DC Rock Band Track Pack: 6.xx
PS3 Endwar: $8.xx
PS2 Rock Band 2: 2.xx
360 Rock Band 2 Band Set: $79.xx
Mirrors Edge - 13.xx
Tiger Woods PGA Tour '10 - 36.xx
Ghostbusters (any system): 19.81
Bionic Commando (PS3): 13.81
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (360): $9.81
Saint's Row 2 (PS3): 8.81
Lego Batman (PS3): 12.81
iconxbox360.gif
Fight Night 4 $17.81
iconps3.gif
Fight Night 4 $27.81
iconps3.gif
iconxbox360.gif
Wolfenstein $10.34
iconps3.gif
Overlord 2 $6.72
iconps3.gif
iconxbox360.gif
Transformers 2 $10.34
:wii: Boom Blox - 12.81
:wii: Pikmin - 12.81
EA Active Sports (Wii) $10
Monster Hunter Tri (Wii) Game only for $15.76 yesterday
PSP Go systems for $177
X-Men Origins: Wolverine Uncaged Edition $6.41
Fallout New Vegas $36.41
Medal of Honor LE on PS3 $19.21
GTA Chinatown Wars for the DS for $6.01
:360: TW PGA Tour 2010 --- $19.xx (again)
:ps3: Wet --- $24.xx
Heavy Rain marked down to 23.xx
Darksiders : 14.91
Bioshock 2 for $6.41
Little Big Planet GOTY for $10.81
R&C Crack in Time for 7.xx.
:ps3: Sports Champions Move Bundle $89.xx
:ps3: Motion Controller $45.xx
:ps3: Nav Controller $25.xx
:ps3: Move Charger $24.xx
:ps3: Final Fantasy XIII $19.xx
:wii: Wii Fit Plus $88.xx
$9.91 :ps3:MLB The Show 09
$14.91 :360:Prototype
$19.98 :360:Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2010
$24.95 :360: Dante's Inferno

Note: Some games such as Saint's Row 2 are lower in price at certain Sam's than the price listed. Very YMMV on a lot of these titles. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
I got Batman: Arkham Asylum :360: for $9.xx as well! (I'm waiting/hoping that they start clearing their DJ Heroes. I want it, but I'm not willing to pay full price for an overpriced/less cool Simon)

...I also picked up 40 lb bags of Fresh Step Kitty litter for 81 cents, but that really have anything to do with videogames. (My cats are happy though. They always get the cheapest non-namebrand litter.)

Not sure if it'd really qualify as a deal, but my Sam's Club had the Special Edition of Spectrobes for $15. I don't think it's low-print or anything, but it's probably the best deal mine has on video games. >_>;

Yep- no Batmans or Punch-Outs in Cookeville, TN. :/ Though a while back I found Guitar Hero: Smash Hits (PS3) for around $12, and Rock Band 2 (PS3) for around $7 (games only, of course).

If anyone is able (and willing) to pick up an extra copy of Batman 360, I'll be happy to pay for the cost, shipping, plus a little extra for the trouble. Please PM me! (Unfortunately, all the Sam's Clubs are sold out near me)

I saw the other sam's club thread the other day and a question came to me. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but if you don't have a membership there, don't they charge you extra for things or have I misheard on that?

[quote name='JStryke']I saw the other sam's club thread the other day and a question came to me. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but if you don't have a membership there, don't they charge you extra for things or have I misheard on that?[/QUOTE]

you can't even get in without a membership or buy anything unless you have a free 1 day pass. In which case it is 10 percent more I believe

[quote name='pdnguyen1989']my sams club in buffalo is stocked with those games but im not into those games... just to let yall know[/QUOTE]
Do they have inFamous? It's supposedly 6.75 at Sam's.

I think this thread is a good idea but can we have an organized first post with deals so we can more easily read it?

Check out our other YMMV threads like the target and bestbuy ones for examples. Otherwise we will just be fishing through posts and this will turn into a brag and beg thread.

[quote name='SativaSam']Do they have inFamous? It's supposedly 6.75 at Sam's.[/QUOTE]

37.XX at mine. I checked today so this is much more YMMV that I can see than batman. My store has ALWAYS had the same price posted her, not on this one though.

[quote name='dmdragon']37.XX at mine. I checked today so this is much more YMMV that I can see than batman. My store has ALWAYS had the same price posted her, not on this one though.[/QUOTE]

Did you have them scan it? Because the box at my local club said 37.xx, but it rang up at 6.75.. Too bad they were out of stock. If anyone can pick me up a copy of Infamous I'll do $17 through paypal. That should cover tax, shipping, plus a little extra.

While I came up empty on Batman & Punchout; I did find a ton of deals on 360 & PS3. None as good as Batman & Punchout, but still pretty good deals. I will post what I can remember prices are not exact but close.

iconps3.gif
Red Faction Guerrilla $6.93
iconps3.gif
Saints Row 2 $5.13
iconps3.gif
Ghostbusters $5.81
iconps3.gif
Band Hero (game only) $10.xx
iconps3.gif
AC/DC Rockband $5.xx
iconps3.gif
Biotic Commando $5.xx
iconps3.gif
Xmen Origins $5.xx
iconps3.gif
Transformers 2 $10.xx
iconps3.gif
Need for Speed Shift $22.xx
iconxbox360.gif
Band Hero $22.xx
iconxbox360.gif
Xmen Origins $12.xx
iconxbox360.gif
GTA IV Episodes from Liberty City $15.xx

Thats what I can remember after a 1+ hour car ride home not alot of big hits like Batman unfortunately. There was at least 13 PS3 games under $12 but I can't remember all of them. I didn't really look over Wii too much after i saw there was no Punchout so there may have been deals I missed there. I did seem like if a game was on PS3 & 360 it was cheaper on PS3 even on the newer releases.

Also I did the check online method that someone else suggested and according to that the store I went to should have had copies of both Batman and Punchout, and I was told by 3 different employees they hadn't had either game in a couple months. So I don't think the site is accurate for all stores. Anyway I walked out with 5 PS3 games for $32.40 so I'll be checking a Club 1 hour the other way on Thur. when I have a little more money to play with and have a friend checking their store a couple hours away. Since my PS3 is less then a month old I need to build my collection, and what better way to try a game I passed on 360 then to get it for $5.00 on ps3...lol

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Did you have them scan it? Because the box at my local club said 37.xx, but it rang up at 6.75.. Too bad they were out of stock. If anyone can pick me up a copy of Infamous I'll do $17 through paypal. That should cover tax, shipping, plus a little extra.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I had them scan it at the phone kiosk and it came up at 37.xx. It said 55 on the box.

I should never look at this thread again. The last thing I want to do is pay Walmart for the ability to shop at one of their stores, but this thread tempts me.

OK guys, for the record, $XX.81 are official clearance drops. They are still YMMV but you have a better chance at finding something ending with .81 than you are say... $6.75. So if you want Infamous for that, good luck. But if you want it for $37.81, then you actually have a decent chance.

Looked it up through google to see how to do it, so I'm good as far as that's concerned, but one last question (probably). I'm going to assume you can apply for multiple one day passes? Reason I ask is I don't really do enough shopping to take advantage of a full membership. Can't say I care to pay $40 for somewhere I might shop at maximum 12 times a year.

[quote name='JStryke']Looked it up through google to see how to do it, so I'm good as far as that's concerned, but one last question (probably). I'm going to assume you can apply for multiple one day passes? Reason I ask is I don't really do enough shopping to take advantage of a full membership. Can't say I care to pay $40 for somewhere I might shop at maximum 12 times a year.[/QUOTE]

I definitely wouldn't recommend joining for game deals. Game deals at Sam's Club are too YMMV.

Technically, yes. However, the system does keep track of the one day passes. After a few times, your CS will probably start bothering you to actually sign up though. For what it's worth, I do think it's worth signing up for the $40+tax if you buy a lot of frozen foods/snacks. I mean, Hot Pockets are like $10 for like 18 i think, unlike $2.50-$3.00 for 2 everywhere else. Though if you are just planning on going for games, then yeah, stay with the day passes.

[quote name='JStryke']Looked it up through google to see how to do it, so I'm good as far as that's concerned, but one last question (probably). I'm going to assume you can apply for multiple one day passes? Reason I ask is I don't really do enough shopping to take advantage of a full membership. Can't say I care to pay $40 for somewhere I might shop at maximum 12 times a year.[/QUOTE]

I dont know how close a Sams is to you (we drive 40min) but I kind of felt the same way, about the shopping a max. of 12 times year. But we recently started paying attention to certain things we were buying regularly (weekly) from other stores, and how much the bulk item was and the last 4 months we have shopped at Sams 1 time a month we cut our weekly grocery bill down to $75 for a family of 5. Our Sams bill hasn't gone over $300, came close to it but stayed under. We got a 8pack of CFL bulbs for $4.63 to compare a 8 pack of same brand and size bulbs at Target and Walmart are $10+. Plus with the deals I have found on games in the last month, plus what I can remember from a few years ago, I honestly think it is all worth the $40 year. Plus check with your employer or a family members employer and you may be able to sign up for less. My first membership cost me $25. Oh and that $40 gets you a card for at least 2 people but i think you can get up to 4 (may be wrong).

[quote name='CowboyKill3r']Oh and that $40 gets you a card for at least 2 people but i think you can get up to 4 (may be wrong).[/QUOTE]

Personal account: $40 for person who signed up and a second card for someone else
Business Account: $35 for person who signed up and a second card for someone else. You can add another cardholder for $35 and they can add someone as their second card. And another. And another. For a total of 8 potential

I work at a sams club. You get a complimentary card for another adult in your household. If you have a business membership you can do add-ons which are almost pointless, unless you are buying the memberships as gifts for your employees. You're better off on getting your own membership.

As far as finding cheap games,I was off this weekend and I will check on batman AA. we did recently have killzone 2 for $11 and Socom with headset for $15

Went to Sam's club today in Wisconsin and picked up Tiger Woods for 34 bucks for PS3. I got Wolverine Uncaged for PS3 for 16 there about a month ago. No Arkham Asylums to speak of but good deals fruit snacks this week...

Found the last copy of Batman: AA for the :360: for $9.87.

I went over there with a couple of friends in hoping for Punch-Out for the :wii:. Didn't see any tags over in the game section. Went to retrieve my game and while they searched for it, we asked if they had Punch Out. They had one last copy and we promptly bought it. I think it was for $8.18.

This was over in Augusta, GA.

--Michael

[quote name='CowboyKill3r']I dont know how close a Sams is to you (we drive 40min) but I kind of felt the same way, about the shopping a max. of 12 times year. But we recently started paying attention to certain things we were buying regularly (weekly) from other stores, and how much the bulk item was and the last 4 months we have shopped at Sams 1 time a month we cut our weekly grocery bill down to $75 for a family of 5. Our Sams bill hasn't gone over $300, came close to it but stayed under. We got a 8pack of CFL bulbs for $4.63 to compare a 8 pack of same brand and size bulbs at Target and Walmart are $10+. Plus with the deals I have found on games in the last month, plus what I can remember from a few years ago, I honestly think it is all worth the $40 year. Plus check with your employer or a family members employer and you may be able to sign up for less. My first membership cost me $25. Oh and that $40 gets you a card for at least 2 people but i think you can get up to 4 (may be wrong).[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying it's not worth it for most people, but still living with one of my parents, I don't really do any grocery shopping so 90 some percent of my shopping is for my personal use. As far as distance, not really a problem as I can get to my closest one in 30-40 minutes, but it's more of having to make a special trip if I decide to go anywhere (thanks to working between 2-6 am), so the 12 times a max really applies to anywhere I go unless it's worthwhile for me to actually make a trip any other time.

On other notes, good to see that it is supposedly possible to get multiple passes and next time I go in town, might see if Batman is available (is according to their online locater). Didn't care too much for the demo when I played it, but for $10 or whatever, might as well pick up a copy.

Went today in Charlottesville, VA. Nothing was there that is mentioned in this thread. I tried asking member services if they had anything else in the back or could show me and of the course the lady was not helpful.

[quote name='pdnguyen1989']my sams club in buffalo is stocked with those games but im not into those games... just to let yall know[/QUOTE]

I just checked Sams yesterday and didnt find punch out or bat man your talking the one in cheekitawaga correct

i'm going tomorrow and hope I can find gta 4 for the ps3 along with whatever other ps3 games I find especially mgs4 and hope to find batman aa on xbox 360 for my friend. by the way, he is a business owner so how much would it cost to add me to his account or how does it work? that way I can go on my own time and not have to ask him to go with me plus they do have some good deals on food and other things :)

[quote name='chickenhawk']my sam's never has anything for good prices. is it common for games to ring up at less than the sticker?[/QUOTE]
Same thing I'm wondering. I need to check Xbox360 and Wii games more often because I never see deals for ps3 games at my Sam's Club.

[quote name='CowboyKill3r']While I came up empty on Batman & Punchout; I did find a ton of deals on 360 & PS3. None as good as Batman & Punchout, but still pretty good deals. I will post what I can remember prices are not exact but close.

iconps3.gif
Red Faction Guerrilla $6.93
iconps3.gif
Saints Row 2 $5.13
iconps3.gif
Ghostbusters $5.81
iconps3.gif
Band Hero (game only) $10.xx
iconps3.gif
AC/DC Rockband $5.xx
iconps3.gif
Biotic Commando $5.xx
iconps3.gif
Xmen Origins $5.xx
iconps3.gif
Transformers 2 $10.xx
iconps3.gif
Need for Speed Shift $22.xx
iconxbox360.gif
Band Hero $22.xx
iconxbox360.gif
Xmen Origins $12.xx
iconxbox360.gif
GTA IV Episodes from Liberty City $15.xx

Thats what I can remember after a 1+ hour car ride home not alot of big hits like Batman unfortunately. There was at least 13 PS3 games under $12 but I can't remember all of them. I didn't really look over Wii too much after i saw there was no Punchout so there may have been deals I missed there. I did seem like if a game was on PS3 & 360 it was cheaper on PS3 even on the newer releases.

Also I did the check online method that someone else suggested and according to that the store I went to should have had copies of both Batman and Punchout, and I was told by 3 different employees they hadn't had either game in a couple months. So I don't think the site is accurate for all stores. Anyway I walked out with 5 PS3 games for $32.40 so I'll be checking a Club 1 hour the other way on Thur. when I have a little more money to play with and have a friend checking their store a couple hours away. Since my PS3 is less then a month old I need to build my collection, and what better way to try a game I passed on 360 then to get it for $5.00 on ps3...lol[/QUOTE]

Wow. Those first three PS3 games(Ghostbusters, Saint's Row 2 and Red Faction) are a steal at those prices. All are easily worth that much, though don't try trading in Ghostbusters to GS after you're done with it cuz it only gets $1 there.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Not sure if it'd really qualify as a deal, but my Sam's Club had the Special Edition of Spectrobes for $15. I don't think it's low-print or anything, but it's probably the best deal mine has on video games. >_>;

Yep- no Batmans or Punch-Outs in Cookeville, TN. :/ Though a while back I found Guitar Hero: Smash Hits (PS3) for around $12, and Rock Band 2 (PS3) for around $7 (games only, of course).[/QUOTE]

Damn. I was hoping to slide into there tomorrow once the snow clears and snag a copy.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']It's too bad I've heard they no longer do the 1 day pass and 10% more thing anymore.[/QUOTE]

Someone posted a 1 day pass coupon in the other thread that works until the 13th. You pay 10% more, but for a $10 game that's still one hell of a deal!

From my experience nothing is marked properly @ Sams Club. Are you guys seeing these prices marked correctly, and if not, are you just asking for a price check on a stack full of games?

I wish they had the scan guns available like some stores, because that would make the work much easier.

[quote name='converse']From my experience nothing is marked properly @ Sams Club. Are you guys seeing these prices marked correctly, and if not, are you just asking for a price check on a stack full of games?

I wish they had the scan guns available like some stores, because that would make the work much easier.[/QUOTE]

Regular registers cannot price check games, they can just ring them up. If they void out ANY game you get scanned, the CSR has to come over and turn a key.

bread's done
Back