The Aldo Montoya Wrestling Thread

• Please log in to reply
497 replies to this topic

#481 JaytheGamefan

JaytheGamefan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2010 - 04:34 AM

There wasn't a lot to this show, but it was better for it. The opening with Christian vs. Sheamus was a pleasant surprise that not only provided a good match that made Sheamus look awesome, but also explained what will happen to the ECW roster once the show dies - they can go anywhere. The triple threat tag match was okay - not great, but a perfectly fine match that FINALLY got the belts off of DX, who didn't care about them, and onto a team that can actually use them in Miz-Show/Show-Miz. The Miz pinned Shawn Michaels clean to win a title. If someone said that would happen five years ago when Miz first hit WWE TV, I'd have said they were crazy, but Miz has improved a ton and him beating Shawn worked here. I loved Show-Miz's post-match promo and HBK's freakout on Teddy. I don't know how they'll get to HBK-Taker - the Mania Rematch, but I'm loving the journey they've taken to get there so far.

I'm glad that Ted Sr's going into the Hall of Fame, and tonight's Legacy stuff was solid. I liked the wrinkle they added by having Sheamus play a key role in Rhodes beating Orton, just like how Cody played a part in Sheamus retaining against Orton at the Rumble. They made a loaded show for next week's Raw, which is kinda more stacked than the EC PPV that currently has THREE MATCHES booked for it. The Vince-Cena stuff at the end was AWESOME. Cena massacring Ted worked for me since it played off of Cena losing his mind after Batista's beating, and setup both Batista-Cena and Vince-Bret for 'Mania. I loved Bret coming out, Vince denying him his 'Mania match, saying that he deserves to be screwed, and then Bret doing what he did in '97 and destroying the area around him - including destroying the announcers' monitors. This show flew by quickly and really built up 'Mania well.

GET ME JARED FROM SUBWAY soundbyte -
http://www.sendspace.com/file/rmyw3t

Screens -
BEHOLD! COUNT DIBIASE!
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

HOW DARE YOU LOSE THE TITLES I DIDN'T CARE ABOUT!
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Quotes -
Spoiler

Edited by JaytheGamefan, 09 February 2010 - 03:51 PM.

#482 gareman

gareman

www.oneyearintexas.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2010 - 04:47 AM

I think Bret needs to think through the idea of his last match being a match against Vince that will probably be a pre-taped street fight.

I also find it funny that Bret has said that he is really tired of his career being focused on the screwjob, yet here he is coming back to WWE and working a program with Vince centered around the screwjob culminating in one match centered around the screwjob.

#483 cdubb1605

cdubb1605

white trash renegade

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2010 - 05:12 AM

anybody wanna make bets on if "thatswhatshesaid" is zen davis... again?

Posted Image

#484 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 09 February 2010 - 05:17 AM

Did Zen ever profess a fondness for The Office?

Still, if it is Zen, "Keep on fightin' that good fight brother! Never let the man (or Cheapy) keep you down!"

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#485 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 09 February 2010 - 05:36 AM

I think Bret needs to think through the idea of his last match being a match against Vince that will probably be a pre-taped street fight.

I also find it funny that Bret has said that he is really tired of his career being focused on the screwjob, yet here he is coming back to WWE and working a program with Vince centered around the screwjob culminating in one match centered around the screwjob.

I hope Bret's last match is in front of the event's live audience. Bret deserves to hear the fans erupt when he slaps on the Sharpshooter on Vince. :)

Speaking of street fights at WrestleMania, I'm a fan of the Hot Rod-Goldust street fight at WrestleMania 12. Then again, I haven't seen it recently, and don't know if it holds up.

#486 gareman

gareman

www.oneyearintexas.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2010 - 05:44 AM

I hope Bret's last match is in front of the event's live audience. Bret deserves to hear the fans erupt when he slaps on the Sharpshooter on Vince. :)

Speaking of street fights at WrestleMania, I'm a fan of the Hot Rod-Goldust street fight at WrestleMania 12. Then again, I haven't seen it recently, and don't know if it holds up.

Yea I enjoyed that Match quite a bit when I was younger....

I heard that Bret can't wrestle due to his insurance policy and the only way to get around it would be to have a pre-taped heavily edited street fight, and Vince is Vince and obviously needs to have it be a street fight.

#487 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2010 - 05:46 AM

I could see Vince giving Bret a match in the "street fight" parameters. Vince would say that Bret's not a contracted WWE wrestler and he won't take responsibility for what happens to someone in Bret's "fragile" state. Bret says after all that Vince has put him and his family through, he owes him this one fair shot at redemption. We get a parking lot brawl or something that can remain relatively low-impact and gimmicked - throw a couple of decent bumps in there and let Bret get the upper hand when Vince taps to the Sharpshooter.

I'm almost under the impression that we'll get Cena/Bret against Batista/Vince, but I don't think the match works because Bret doesn't match up against Batista well (and I doubt he'll be taking any of Dave's stiff offense), and though Cena/Vince intrigues me, it leaves Bret as the odd man out and it's really not a fair way to say goodbye to his career.

Cause I'm sick of seeing ghosts, and I know how it's all gonna end

There's no triumph waiting, there's no sunset to ride off in

We all want to be great men, there's nothing romantic about it

I just want to know that I did all I could with what I was given

I just want to sell out my funeral.

I just want to be enough for everyone.

#488 TheRock88

TheRock88

The Franchise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2010 - 05:50 AM

"Luke, Serena. Go get me Jared from Subway"

:rofl:

Punk is the best thing in WWE right now.

#489 Wint3rSoldier

Wint3rSoldier

Put it in ur Mouf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2010 - 05:50 AM

hmnnn....

so Trips vs hbk @ mania?

#490 gareman

gareman

www.oneyearintexas.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2010 - 05:55 AM

I could see Vince giving Bret a match in the "street fight" parameters. Vince would say that Bret's not a contracted WWE wrestler and he won't take responsibility for what happens to someone in Bret's "fragile" state. Bret says after all that Vince has put him and his family through, he owes him this one fair shot at redemption. We get a parking lot brawl or something that can remain relatively low-impact and gimmicked - throw a couple of decent bumps in there and let Bret get the upper hand when Vince taps to the Sharpshooter.

I'm almost under the impression that we'll get Cena/Bret against Batista/Vince, but I don't think the match works because Bret doesn't match up against Batista well (and I doubt he'll be taking any of Dave's stiff offense), and though Cena/Vince intrigues me, it leaves Bret as the odd man out and it's really not a fair way to say goodbye to his career.

Or Cena is guest ref and screws Vince somehow....but that would certainly make Bret look weak OR someone else as guest ref (or Cena with a insta-heel turn) and Bret gets screwed again and "taps" to the sharpshooter. Seems illogical but both scenarios seems completely plausible knowing Mcmahon's ego driven mind.

#491 Chronis

Chronis

Hey, I just met you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2010 - 05:55 AM

I wonldn't be surprised if instead of a Bret vs Vince street fight, or a Bret/Cena vs Batista/Vince tag match, they do a Cena with Bret in his corner vs Batista with Vince in his corner. Sorta like the Trump/Vince feud from a few years ago, except with something better than hair on the line. Seriously, Bret can't even stand straight, there is no way he is gettin in any kind of match.

11317.png

#492 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 09 February 2010 - 06:02 AM

Yea I enjoyed that Match quite a bit when I was younger...

[snip]

I heard that Bret can't wrestle due to his insurance policy and the only way to get around it would be to have a pre-taped heavily edited street fight, and Vince is Vince and obviously needs to have it be a street fight.

Thanks. I gave the match a look with older eyes--and it holds up. Dustin Runnels is great enhancement talent. He knows his ring psychology and sells brilliantly.

#493 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2010 - 06:07 AM

anybody wanna make bets on if "thatswhatshesaid" is zen davis... again?

Nah, I don't think it's him. I think it is someone that was previously banned. My bets are on that one kid, monkey something. I can't remember his exact name.

#494 HydroX

HydroX

Posted 09 February 2010 - 06:45 AM

Nah, I don't think it's him. I think it is someone that was previously banned. My bets are on that one kid, monkey something. I can't remember his exact name.

Off topic, I have to say I love your avatar. U.P.O. is a very underrated talent. "Godless" is one of my favorite tunes of all time.
MLIFTgM.gif

#495 cdubb1605

cdubb1605

white trash renegade

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2010 - 06:47 AM

hmmmmmmm.... i think i recall who youre speaking of

Posted Image

#496 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 09 February 2010 - 06:53 AM

Oh. I think that kid's name was 'monkey deew', or something similar.

#497 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2010 - 07:28 AM

Off topic, I have to say I love your avatar. U.P.O. is a very underrated talent. "Godless" is one of my favorite tunes of all time.

High-five. Maybe we'll get a third album someday.

Oh. I think that kid's name was 'monkey deew', or something similar.

Yeah, that was it.

#498 Iron Clad Burrito

Iron Clad Burrito

Not a real fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2010 - 08:20 AM

I know we're a post or two early, but I'm bored and off work tomorrow, so...

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=251677
[URL="http://www.netwinner.com/?signupCode=Iron+Clad+Burrito"][/URL]