CAG Marketplace Now in Open Beta, Available to All

• Please log in to reply
429 replies to this topic

#31 CloudStrife7

CloudStrife7

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 01 February 2010 - 07:15 PM

I love it! No longer will gamers have to trade in games for horrid prices at game stores. Thanks for making it available.

#32 koji126

koji126

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2010 - 07:36 PM

Thanks, but I do have one grief. I was going to add my Final Fantasy collection to my list of games, but some games aren't in the system. When I first entered 'Final Fantasy', I would only get a page of results and that was it. Entering individual names were hit or miss such as 'Final Fantasy X'.

#33 botticus

botticus

Posted 01 February 2010 - 07:49 PM

Thanks, but I do have one grief. I was going to add my Final Fantasy collection to my list of games, but some games aren't in the system. When I first entered 'Final Fantasy', I would only get a page of results and that was it. Entering individual names were hit or miss such as 'Final Fantasy X'.

http://www.cheapassg....php?do=addgame

#34 Horns

Horns

CAG Marketplace

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2010 - 08:01 PM

Question about the trading process in general. If I make a few proposals to trade and lets say 2 people both accept those offers, can I still back one out without getting bad feedback? I have Bioshock and I see a few people selling Mass Effect 1, I'd love to make a bunch of offers and see who bites on that offer. BUT I don't want to piss someone off if I say sorry I traded it already.

Any advice would help. Thanks.
CML

#35 Alex2290

Alex2290

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2010 - 08:11 PM

Nice! Finally convinced me to register! ;D

I love it! No longer will gamers have to trade in games for horrid prices at game stores. Thanks for making it available.

Well you could always sell it on amazon or ebay, bro. lol Nobody forces you to trade in games for 1/10th their actual price.

#36 PDJ

PDJ

O I can change this?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2010 - 08:38 PM

Wow, this looks great. I had no idea you were looking to make a more official form of trading for the site. Might very well interest me in trying it out at some point.

#37 Horns

Horns

CAG Marketplace

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2010 - 08:42 PM

I am confused a bit about one piece. If I choose to trade a game with one person, then make an offer for the same thing with another person the original trade disappears.
CML

#38 koji126

koji126

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2010 - 08:58 PM

http://www.cheapassg....php?do=addgame

Thanks, was there a link I missed on the page?

#39 John

John

Illusive Programmer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2010 - 09:01 PM

Feedback syncing will be done later on today, in place of the old iTrader system. In the meantime, some of the feedback totals might be wrong.

#40 xmrblondex

xmrblondex

has Basketball Jones

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2010 - 09:14 PM

so the shipping should be included in price, I see. time to go in and change all my prices!

-xmrblondex
Stay ready, ain't gotta get ready

#41 John

John

Illusive Programmer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2010 - 09:16 PM

I am confused a bit about one piece. If I choose to trade a game with one person, then make an offer for the same thing with another person the original trade disappears.

Looking into this.

Question about the trading process in general. If I make a few proposals to trade and lets say 2 people both accept those offers, can I still back one out without getting bad feedback? I have Bioshock and I see a few people selling Mass Effect 1, I'd love to make a bunch of offers and see who bites on that offer. BUT I don't want to piss someone off if I say sorry I traded it already.

Any advice would help. Thanks.

We'll have to have a think about this... on one hand it could get annoying if people submit offers to everyone owning a copy of a game with low offers, hoping for a bite - but on the other hand being able to send a few different offers with some game overlap could be useful. If so, we'll probably add an option to let users automatically cancel a trade request as soon as a game is added to their collection, or another trade containing that game is accepted.

Awesome, but we should be able to add MS points, subscriptions, movies, and other tech/accessories.

There's a good chance that we'll be doing that.

Since there's an option for CSV downloads of your collection, will there be a CSV file upload option?

Feedback numbers also appear to be off. It's pulling the correct iTrader number for the total unique numbers of feedback, though total positive feeback numbers are off and only showing data back from 02/01/09, not the current date.

Yep, I can add CSV import for collections/trade lists. Could you send me a sample file? (I've PM'd you my email address.)

Feedback syncing will be done later on today, in place of the old iTrader system. In the meantime, some of the feedback totals might be wrong.

Cheapy were is the IPHONE app. If it is available what do I need to search for in the apps store?

I'll be finishing off the app as soon as I'm done with the major marketplace bugs/requested features. Apparently the app store approval process is a lot quicker nowadays, so it shouldn't be too long after that.

#42 Horns

Horns

CAG Marketplace

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2010 - 09:39 PM

Looking into this.

Thanks. What I did today was make 3 different offers with Bioshock (1 sent to me, 2 I sent out). It only shows 1 trade, but all 3 of the text comments under the last trade.

We'll have to have a think about this... on one hand it could get annoying if people submit offers to everyone owning a copy of a game with low offers, hoping for a bite - but on the other hand being able to send a few different offers with some game overlap could be useful. If so, we'll probably add an option to let users automatically cancel a trade request as soon as a game is added to their collection, or another trade containing that game is accepted.

That would be great, keep in mind that some people may have multiple copies of a game, so this could cause them problems too.

Thanks for the feedback, the feature is now my number 1 reason to log into CAG multiple times a day.
CML

#43 Naterrs

Naterrs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2010 - 10:21 PM

This looks..amazing.

#44 mrwogs2

mrwogs2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2010 - 10:40 PM

Awesome! I'll check it out.

#45 gareman

gareman

www.oneyearintexas.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2010 - 11:18 PM

Gotta go through my games and gotta wait for my tax return.....

this looks awesome! Thanks for this.

#46 koji126

koji126

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2010 - 11:53 PM

Are you going to add in the option to list shipping cost? I don't think any of the games listed that I'm interested include shipping cost. I did notice a user make a comment that the price included shipping cost, but that was it.

Also notice that people are listing movies as games. I saw 'Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children' listed as a PS3 game. I know that in Japan the movie included the FF13 demo.

#47 10kdragon

10kdragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2010 - 12:36 AM

COOL! this would let me stop paying goozex for credits and stop going to Gamestop

Edited by 10kdragon, 02 February 2010 - 12:47 AM.

#48 ryanflucas

ryanflucas

Game Boy Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2010 - 12:45 AM

Maybe I'm not looking in the right place, but how do I browse by platform\genre? For example I want to see if anyone has GBA games for sale or trade, can I go to a page where it will retrieve that from the available lists?

Is there any way I can import a want list from another site to populate my want list on here? (Using a common format like CSV)

#49 John

John

Illusive Programmer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2010 - 01:16 AM

Maybe I'm not looking in the right place, but how do I browse by platform\genre? For example I want to see if anyone has GBA games for sale or trade, can I go to a page where it will retrieve that from the available lists?

Is there any way I can import a want list from another site to populate my want list on here? (Using a common format like CSV)

I'm working on a better way to browse games with proper platform filtering - right now the browsing areas are only for high demand/popular games, but that'll change soon. (CSV import is coming too.)

#50 sighrex

sighrex

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 02 February 2010 - 01:30 AM

Is there a way to look at like every game by system?
Like a page where you click on a system, then a list of games for that system for sale are listed (and if theres multiple sellers the link goes to a list of those sellers).

#51 guardianlegend

guardianlegend

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2010 - 01:56 AM

we need a price before shipping option, and perhaps a shipping calculator too

#52 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 02 February 2010 - 02:13 AM

When creating/editing their trade list, the seller is prompted that his stated price should include shipping.

#53 mis0

mis0

Posted 02 February 2010 - 02:29 AM

Just threw out a trade request. Lets see this baby in action. 8-)

Edit: Not sure if this has been mentioned (just skimmed the thread), but my offers are not showing up in the marketplace. Put up a handful of games almost 8 hours ago too.

Edit2: Also, on a couple of listings, the lowest price available does not sync up correctly with who's offering it in "my matches".

Example:

"My Matches":
Cheapest - CAG Marketplace:
$10 from CAGUSERNAME123

After you click the listing which brings you down to ALL available listings:
$10 from USERNAMECAG987

Basically, on "my matches" it shows me that it's available from this CAG for this price. However, once I click on all available listings, the lowest price is actually offered by a different CAG and the CAG from "my matches" is actually offering the game at a price different from what I saw in "my matches".

Hope this makes sense..

[mis0's tradelist]

#54 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 02 February 2010 - 02:38 AM

Originally, you didn't see your own listings...that has been changed. You should see it now.

#55 helluvagood

helluvagood

HURRICANE VENUS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2010 - 02:50 AM

interesting maybe this will get more canadian CAGers involved
Posted Image

#56 crzyjoeguy

crzyjoeguy

King of Beers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2010 - 03:16 AM

dont think this has been asked... is there some kind of region filter like on goozex? id hate to make a trade just to find out the guy lives in china or something and then have to back out. or am i going to have to ask every single person if they are in america?
Posted Image

#57 Ryukahn

Ryukahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2010 - 03:41 AM

This seems to kick ass so far. I'll post more feedback when I get a better look at it.

#58 mis0

mis0

Posted 02 February 2010 - 03:46 AM

Marketplace Feedback. :cold:

[mis0's tradelist]

#59 saetia

saetia

Skyrim 11/11/11

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2010 - 03:51 AM

Yeah what is this? My iTrader rating was (5), but now my Marketplace Feedback is (4). What gives?
NieR = my GotY.

#60 BigBizzee

BigBizzee

I feel asleep....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2010 - 04:20 AM

Outstanding. I used to trade alot on another site, but left when it fell to pieces.

This is the only other thing I needed from CAG. Well done!

Gonna check it out soon. Shame is I recently sold about 400 of my games on Amazon. Got a nice amount of cash, but I hardly have anything left to trade :P