Photo
- - - - -

Winter Steals! 40 - 70% Progressive Discount on Comics, Toys, and More at TFAW.com

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31 epb

epb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2010 - 01:26 PM

I have never read a comic book before , well actually I have never even picked one up . I guess I wouldnt mind to start reading them . Where should I start ? I am about to order Penny Arcade Vol. 1 & 2 . But I think I want some kind of dark , not a horror , but a dark style of comic . Is there a comic where any of the Marvel character goes bad ??

It might not be exactly what you're looking for, but look into Moon Knight. I got the book below when I ordered a couple of "grab bag" graphic novels from TFAW a while back and I'm a huge fan:

http://www.tfaw.com/...|-Dent___324423

#32 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2010 - 02:56 PM

Man... really thinking about putting in a 2nd order.

I think I've now put in about four or five orders. I'm starting to lose count. There's just so much good stuff on sale, I keep going back to see what I might have missed, and I find more. I've really got to cut myself off.

#33 doodle777_98

doodle777_98

Trade me your nes games.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2010 - 03:06 PM

I have never read a comic book before , well actually I have never even picked one up . I guess I wouldnt mind to start reading them . Where should I start ? I am about to order Penny Arcade Vol. 1 & 2 . But I think I want some kind of dark , not a horror , but a dark style of comic . Is there a comic where any of the Marvel character goes bad ??

I strongly recommend The Goon comics.

Read my Short Stories on deviant Art.
Ebay stuff: I always have stuff on ebay. $2 off shipping for CAGs
swagbucks-468x60.jpg

#34 amacher

amacher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2010 - 04:22 PM

I spend way too much over $200 (all TPB) but it really helped to fill in my Star Wars collection. Now to save up for the next sale to spend even more.

#35 Tormod

Tormod

Posted 26 February 2010 - 07:01 PM

I put two orders in once it hit 70% off. I usually hit up these sales every time since I learned about them. I'm a sucker for hardcover graphic novels and artbooks. I grabbed a couple Might Mugs, some limited edition/signed hardcovers, and a bunch of other stuff.

Appreciate the heads up Angura, and keep the sales coming! TFAW rocks!
Posted Image

#36 ANGURA

ANGURA

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2010 - 03:43 PM

Heya!

First off, a big "You're welcome of course!" to everyone who said thanks for the post. My pleasure--love sharing a deal!

And, today and tomorrow are the last days of the sale. :cry: So make sure you've taken care of your geekery needs, and are tided over til our next one, which takes place in {CLASSIFIED}.

:D

Cheers,

ANGURA
Uber Nerd. Font of Useless Information. Scriber of Cool Geeky Things. Future Zombie Emperor of the World. :twoguns:

#37 crumrin114

crumrin114

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2010 - 12:54 AM

I haven't actually read them myself, but I'm pretty sure that what you're looking for in this sale is the Punisher MAX TPB books.

#38 tyjudd

tyjudd

Huh... Wha...?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2010 - 10:33 AM

Well... This just happened, lol.

Dawn: The Worlds of Final Fantasy HC - nick & dent $8.98
Star Wars Pocketmodel Tcg Booster Pack $1.49
Marvel Universe: Roleplaying Game HC - nick & dent $7.49
Zoids Chaotic Century Vol.14 - nick & dent $1.78
Transformers Animated TPB Vol. 02 $2.39
G-Gundam Vol. 3 Pocket Manga - nick & dent $2.98
Full Metal Panic Overload Manga Vol. 2 TPB - nick & dent $2.99
Street Fighter II Manga Vol. 3 GN $3.88
Cardcaptors TPB Vol. 9 - nick & dent $4.49
Ultraman Tiga TPB Vol. 1 - nick & dent $4.78

Total: $41.25

BTW, thanks to TFAW the surprise gift card on my birthday! My Domo-kun patch fits nicely on my backpack :)

Posted Image Posted Image

#39 Alien Spider

Alien Spider

VIGILANTE JUSTICE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2010 - 08:20 PM

Never ordered from TFAW.com before but after looking at the website and people's experiences in the thread I went ahead and put in my first order (free shipping didn't hurt either, thanks knight19 for posting the free shipping for $25+ orders!)

1 Dawn: The Worlds of Final Fantasy HC - nick & dent
1 Flat Shipping Coupon(URHOT)
1 Hellboy Movie PVC Set #1: The Good Guys
1 Marvels HC - nick & dent
1 Silver Surfer TPB Requiem - nick & dent

Subtotal: $25.44
Shipping: Free
Total: $25.44

I saw lots of odds and ends in the sale still, but since I'm not really into comic books anymore I thought I would try a couple self contained TPBs that I've heard good things about (I've ALWAYS wanted that Marvels TPB, hardcover is awesome!). And, I'm a huge fan of Yoshitaka Amano and Final Fantasy. :)