• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Jonsoncao

Jonsoncao

Teh Professor

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2010 - 05:50 AM

http://www.amazon.co...il/-/B00149MEWI

well the only Silent Hill game I played was the PS2 one, cant tell this one good or not
Posted Image

#2 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2010 - 05:52 AM

Well, I just got $10 of Amazon gift cards thanks to Swag Bucks today- I think I can try this for a couple dollars. :P Thanks, OP!

#3 shivaedge

shivaedge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2010 - 05:54 AM

Damn, SH:H got cheap fast

#4 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2010 - 06:00 AM

Damn, SH:H got cheap fast

Yeah, I got this for 9.99 at the Best Buy sale and this is just as good IMO as far as price goes. Sadly it is in the backlog.

#5 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2010 - 06:06 AM

I hate amazon. I just ordered it from newegg yesterday and amazon still had it for $17.99!! Free 2 day air and could have used my $10 credt. ARGH!!

#6 Gbear09

Gbear09

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2010 - 06:08 AM

I've never played a SH before, and I have this one for ps3 in my backlog (from HWV sale). anyone play it have anything to say about it?
Currently Playing:

:360: Lost Odyssey, Battlefield Bad Company 2, Pinball Hall of Fame: Williams Collection
:ps3: Critter Crunch

#7 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2010 - 06:10 AM

I've never played a SH before, and I have this one for ps3 in my backlog (from HWV sale). anyone play it have anything to say about it?

Actually, I'm kind of in the same boat, as far as this being my first SH game and wanting to hear some CAGs' input about it. Unless there are some really negative comments about it, though, I'll most likely end up picking it up.

#8 Young Deezy

Young Deezy

I wipe my own ass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2010 - 06:10 AM

Without a doubt the scariest game on the Xbox 360. Gave me fucking nightmares.

Seriously worth it.

#9 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2010 - 06:12 AM

Seriously worth it.

Is it scarier than Condemned? Or FEAR? I'm a big fan of the SH franchise, but I must say I was not running to this one. It got good to above average reviews from what I recall.

#10 boylover

boylover

Vampire Killer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2010 - 06:29 AM

Very good game, DEFINITELY worth more than $12

I command you all to buy it!!!!

The only real flaw to the game is that it's kind of short, but then again a lot of games this gen are short (and the other SH games were, too) but for $12 you're certainly getting your money's worth.

Is it scarier than Condemned? Or FEAR? I'm a big fan of the SH franchise, but I must say I was not running to this one. It got good to above average reviews from what I recall.

Scarier than Condemned, not as scary as F.E.A.R.

#11 Cmosfm

Cmosfm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2010 - 06:30 AM

That's because everyone compared it to SH2, as a stand alone game it's really great!

#12 zeronotyethero

zeronotyethero

A Muthaf***ing Bunny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2010 - 06:41 AM

I don't think F.E.A.R. was scary. Haven't played this game, but I've owned it TWICE and sold it both times. I would say Doom 3 is scarier than F.E.A.R. IMO.

#13 silentbobfan

silentbobfan

Posted 02 February 2010 - 06:42 AM

It's good controls. Good story. Pretty scary. Game was ruined for me by save bugs that have yet to be patched. Twice I got screwed saving after getting through a hard section because it messes up a cutscene trigger. Price is good but just beware. They haven't patched the game either so I imagine it will always have the save issues.
[URL="http://zaamit.com/content/gamercards.aspx"]Posted Image[/URL]

#14 FiendCameron

FiendCameron

xGrindxMoshx

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2010 - 06:45 AM

Seriously worth it.

Dead Space is wayyy scarier. Still, a good game imo and worth the money. Too bad i already own.

#15 Perfect*Ending

Perfect*Ending

Cute Kelly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2010 - 07:23 AM

Well worth $12. :)
Posted Image
Best in the World!

New Acronyms:
MSRP = Many Stupid Ridiculous Prices
SAD = Shitty Ass Deal

If you have a PS3, but are not gamesharing, you're doing it wrong.
Get a $60 game on day one for as low as $10?! :hot:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=339425

#16 mkelehan

mkelehan

Xbox Live Arcade Fiend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2010 - 07:29 AM

I hope you don't like to invert your looking stick, because this game doesn't let you do it. There's an "invert y-axis" option in the options. It doesn't do anything. The developers said - and I'm not kidding about this - they didn't notice because nobody on their testing team likes inverted controls. I'm not kidding. Also, at this point, I think it's safe to say there won't be a patch.

Dead Space is wayyy scarier. Still, a good game imo and worth the money. Too bad i already own.

Dead Space is an action game with some jumps. This is a horror game.

#17 marineal

marineal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2010 - 07:35 AM

great game, at a great price

#18 AsherFischell

AsherFischell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2010 - 07:38 AM

I paid 13 bucks for it a while back and I'm a really big SH fan, but I hate the game. The atmosphere was good, but the combat absolutely ruined it for me. I absolutely despised the clunky dodge mechanic and the annoying enemies. I've played every game in the series except for Shattered Memories, and Homecoming is by far my least favorite.

#19 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2010 - 07:40 AM

I know it's not the same price as the PS3 version, but I might have to pick it up sometime.

#20 broadbandit

broadbandit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2010 - 08:33 AM

already back up to 14.54. damn.

#21 Armor42

Armor42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2010 - 08:48 AM

thanks OP, ordered one at $11.99 immediately!
[URL="http://raptr.com/Armor42?src=em_ach"]Posted Image[/URL]

#22 Vangerdahast

Vangerdahast

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2010 - 09:07 AM

Both Condemned and Dead Space are better games, in my opinion. The lighting and darkness are pretty ugly, but I played it for the Silent Hill experience and was not disappointed. Even though I don't condone the use of Gamefaqs for the 1st play through, you might want to use it so you don't accidentally encounter one of the handful of game-crashing bugs. Good story and a great price but if you are comparing it to Condemned or Dead Space, it doesn't stand a chance; in my humble opinion of course.

#23 Sharp Katana

Sharp Katana

Chillin like a villain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2010 - 09:15 AM

this game is worth $12. Too bad they don't have it on sale for the PS3.

9unm.png

credits to Lilchiji

#24 LeonSKennedy

LeonSKennedy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2010 - 10:17 AM

this game is worth $12. Too bad they don't have it on sale for the PS3.

I feel the same way, but I couldn't pass on it for $19.99 (got the last copy at that price from Amazon). Usually when I've seen it on sale, the XBox360 version is in the $10 to $20 range, and the PS3 version is $40 plus. I've been wanting this game for a long time, and $20 is more than worth it for a game I could have easily bought for $40 when it first came out.

#25 ChernobylCow

ChernobylCow

Posted 02 February 2010 - 01:50 PM

The police station scene turns it in to a pretty cool action game. The game isn't a very hard 1000 points.

#26 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 02 February 2010 - 02:04 PM

$17.99 now..dead
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#27 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2010 - 03:12 PM

Looks like Amazon was temp price matching new egg. A few other games that are cheap on Newegg are the same on Amazon as well.