Silent Hill: Homecoming XBOX 360 $11.99 @amazon

[quote name='shivaedge']Damn, SH:H got cheap fast[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I got this for 9.99 at the Best Buy sale and this is just as good IMO as far as price goes. Sadly it is in the backlog.

I hate amazon. I just ordered it from newegg yesterday and amazon still had it for $17.99!! Free 2 day air and could have used my $10 credt. ARGH!!

I've never played a SH before, and I have this one for ps3 in my backlog (from HWV sale). anyone play it have anything to say about it?

[quote name='Gbear09']I've never played a SH before, and I have this one for ps3 in my backlog (from HWV sale). anyone play it have anything to say about it?[/QUOTE]
Actually, I'm kind of in the same boat, as far as this being my first SH game and wanting to hear some CAGs' input about it. Unless there are some really negative comments about it, though, I'll most likely end up picking it up.

[quote name='Young Deezy']Without a doubt the scariest game on the Xbox 360. Gave me fucking nightmares.

Seriously worth it.[/QUOTE]

Is it scarier than Condemned? Or FEAR? I'm a big fan of the SH franchise, but I must say I was not running to this one. It got good to above average reviews from what I recall.

Very good game, DEFINITELY worth more than $12

I command you all to buy it!!!!

The only real flaw to the game is that it's kind of short, but then again a lot of games this gen are short (and the other SH games were, too) but for $12 you're certainly getting your money's worth.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Is it scarier than Condemned? Or FEAR? I'm a big fan of the SH franchise, but I must say I was not running to this one. It got good to above average reviews from what I recall.[/QUOTE]

Scarier than Condemned, not as scary as F.E.A.R.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Is it scarier than Condemned? Or FEAR? I'm a big fan of the SH franchise, but I must say I was not running to this one. It got good to above average reviews from what I recall.[/QUOTE]

That's because everyone compared it to SH2, as a stand alone game it's really great!

I don't think F.E.A.R. was scary. Haven't played this game, but I've owned it TWICE and sold it both times. I would say Doom 3 is scarier than F.E.A.R. IMO.

It's good controls. Good story. Pretty scary. Game was ruined for me by save bugs that have yet to be patched. Twice I got screwed saving after getting through a hard section because it messes up a cutscene trigger. Price is good but just beware. They haven't patched the game either so I imagine it will always have the save issues.

[quote name='Young Deezy']Without a doubt the scariest game on the Xbox 360. Gave me fucking nightmares.

Seriously worth it.[/QUOTE]

Dead Space is wayyy scarier. Still, a good game imo and worth the money. Too bad i already own.

I hope you don't like to invert your looking stick, because this game doesn't let you do it. There's an "invert y-axis" option in the options. It doesn't do anything. The developers said - and I'm not kidding about this - they didn't notice because nobody on their testing team likes inverted controls. I'm not kidding. Also, at this point, I think it's safe to say there won't be a patch.

[quote name='FiendCameron']Dead Space is wayyy scarier. Still, a good game imo and worth the money. Too bad i already own.[/QUOTE]

Dead Space is an action game with some jumps. This is a horror game.

[quote name='Gbear09']I've never played a SH before, and I have this one for ps3 in my backlog (from HWV sale). anyone play it have anything to say about it?[/QUOTE]

I paid 13 bucks for it a while back and I'm a really big SH fan, but I hate the game. The atmosphere was good, but the combat absolutely ruined it for me. I absolutely despised the clunky dodge mechanic and the annoying enemies. I've played every game in the series except for Shattered Memories, and Homecoming is by far my least favorite.

Both Condemned and Dead Space are better games, in my opinion. The lighting and darkness are pretty ugly, but I played it for the Silent Hill experience and was not disappointed. Even though I don't condone the use of Gamefaqs for the 1st play through, you might want to use it so you don't accidentally encounter one of the handful of game-crashing bugs. Good story and a great price but if you are comparing it to Condemned or Dead Space, it doesn't stand a chance; in my humble opinion of course.

[quote name='Sharp Katana']this game is worth $12. Too bad they don't have it on sale for the PS3.[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way, but I couldn't pass on it for $19.99 (got the last copy at that price from Amazon). Usually when I've seen it on sale, the XBox360 version is in the $10 to $20 range, and the PS3 version is $40 plus. I've been wanting this game for a long time, and $20 is more than worth it for a game I could have easily bought for $40 when it first came out.

Looks like Amazon was temp price matching new egg. A few other games that are cheap on Newegg are the same on Amazon as well.

bread's done
Back