CAGcast #187: Wombat's Hammer Hands Create a Mass Effect - Live

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]10327[/IMG-R]Christina Norman, BioWare's Lead Gameplay Designer for Mass Effect 2 joins us on this live CAGcast. There's also a sprinkling of MAG and Darksiders talk, along with game shopping news, your questions and comments from the phone, chat room, CAGbag and Twitter and oh so much more!

[podcast]96[/podcast]
Download - 90 minutes, 22MB

iTunes: Subscribe - Review

Support the CAGcast with these GoDaddy coupon codes:
10% off any order = CAG10
$5 off $30 = CAG5OFF30
$6.95 domain = CAGDOMAIN

and a free Netfix trial!

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it still going to be with you, Wombat and Ship? Because last time you had some connection and voice quality issues when you had more than two people at once. Or are you going to test it earlier?

[quote name='usickenme']Mass Effect 2 has got to be the most overexposed game in years.[/QUOTE]

Since Halo 3 or halo ODST you mean.

I am looking forward to this, I love live cagcasts!

[quote name='usickenme']Mass Effect 2 has got to be the most overexposed game in years.[/QUOTE]
Eh, I don't really see it as being that much more talked about than any other blockbuster titles released this gen. The problem is whenever someone tries to talk about it they spend half the time fumbling over how to describe it without giving away spoilers or figuring out what details BioWare already released. It's pretty annoying.

I'll likely skip this 'cast since live shows aren't really my cup of tea, but IMO you guys should ask her when it's coming for PS3!

[quote name='Darknyss']Eh, I don't really see it as being that much more talked about than any other blockbuster titles released this gen. ![/QUOTE]

Incorrect. If you have listened to any amount of gaming podcasts in the past few weeks, Mass Effect people have been on nearly every big one. Didn't happen with Halo 3 or any other game in recent memory. I guess I have a little ME2 fatigue.

Props to Cheapy and Wombat for getting a quality guest. Too bad it came after everyone else.

[quote name='Viper139']After alot of googling I think thats about 1:30PM GMT, hopfully lol[/QUOTE]

1.30am I presume?

At least it's a game that deserves it.

Very excited for tonight. Can't get enough of ME 2.

Why do the dlc armors not have toggleable helmets?!!

^ That's supposed to be in all caps but the forum software doesn't allow it.

Here's a more constructive question:
When developers say they take user feedback in improving the sequel, do they only look at their own forums, or will they go out to independent sites like CAG, or comments from sites that review the game like IGN/Gamespot or blogs like Kotaku/Destructoid?

so much ME2 talk I feel I don't need to play any of it, I just listen to podcasts and get the idea lol.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Why do the dlc armors not have toggleable helmets?!!

^ That's supposed to be in all caps but the forum software doesn't allow it.[/QUOTE]

I think you mean to ask:

"Why was the design decision made to make the DLC Armors one piece of art instead of separate pieces that could be toggled on and off?"

They answered your question on day two.

My question is:

With ME2 taking around 2 -3 years and the launching of a new IP (DA:O) to support will they be looking at finishing up the ME trilogy faster?

Great job landing the interview!

But yes, I haven't even touched ME2, so please please no spoilers.

BTW, there's still apparently about 45min left until the show starts as I type this.

Also awaiting the chatroom link. I hope Wombat makes sure to add a bunch of obscure Simpsons references throughout the cast.

[quote name='usickenme']Incorrect. If you have listened to any amount of gaming podcasts in the past few weeks, Mass Effect people have been on nearly every big one. Didn't happen with Halo 3 or any other game in recent memory. I guess I have a little ME2 fatigue.

Props to Cheapy and Wombat for getting a quality guest. Too bad it came after everyone else.[/QUOTE]

Turn 10 guys did a lot of gamer media as well as car media leading up to Forza 3.

Both games are great and both are things I'm interested in, so no problem for me :)

Just pick up ME 1 for cheap, it's worth a playthrough and makes ME 2 all that much better.

Anyways, loved the show guys. The audio quality was pretty rough at a couple spots, and some of the calls were...odd, to say the least, but a cool episode nonetheless. Christina and ME 2 are both awesome.

I really hope there are not live cagcasts anymore. I just listened to the first 5 minutes of the recording and it sounds like everybody is either talking while under water or talking through fans.

Hopefully the horrible quality won't last through the entire episode.

The show was OK. I really enjoyed the interview. Christina was great. Everything else sucked though.

The sound quality was garbage, as were the callers (except Thomas). Please don't do another live show for a long time. The sound quality is always poor and the callers are extremely dumb. Seriously, callers plugging themselves, "friends", and their websites? Cheapy, you should have hanged up on those clowns immediately.

Hated the crap audio quality, but what can you do, sometimes it happens.
Loved the interview, fantastic job and Christina was fantastic!

[quote name='Blackout']The sound quality was garbage, as were the callers (except Thomas). Please don't do another live show for a long time. The sound quality is always poor and the callers are extremely dumb. Seriously, callers plugging themselves, "friends", and their websites? Cheapy, you should have hanged up on those clowns immediately.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't garbage. :p
Sure I made a lame joke on David Jaffe but t least I didn't plug/shoutout. Then again, I couldn't hear the crew so I just got off the phone so I wouldn't be wasting time.

-FrankCastleAZ

[quote name='FrankCastleAZ']Hated the crap audio quality, but what can you do, sometimes it happens.
Loved the interview, fantastic job and Christina was fantastic!

I wasn't garbage. :p
Sure I made a lame joke on David Jaffe but t least I didn't plug/shoutout. Then again, I couldn't hear the crew so I just got off the phone so I wouldn't be wasting time.

-FrankCastleAZ[/QUOTE]

Haha. I forgot about you Frank. I guess all the plugging put a stain on the normal callers. You were cool. I liked your joke. :lol:

she was a great guest. the fact that she's a CAGcast listener was pretty awesome. i just wish Cheapy or Wombat asked her some of my burning questions! but noooo....

This is a pretty rough listen. Couldn't you still record yourselves separately and then assemble them later even while doing the live broadcast? I know that means more work for Cheapy, but the results would be a lot better.

Great show as always guys.

[quote name='Blackout']The show was OK. I really enjoyed the interview. Christina was great. Everything else sucked though.

The sound quality was garbage, as were the callers (except Thomas)[/QUOTE]

:lol: Thomas was awesome.

I've got to say despite the great interview, this was the weakest CAGcast in a long time. The audio platform is broken. Shipwreck was subdued and Wombat was fussy in a toddler kind of way and on a countdown to get his ass in bed. I don't know what got into Cheapy when he let the "shout out" caller go on and on without cutting him off. It reminds me of the "man on the street" guy from the local news giving his microphone to the jackass behind him saying "hi" to his mother. Cheapy is supposed to be an assho...er... renegade, right? This was a perfect opportunity.

Anyway, stop with the live CAGcasts, they just don't work. Please. I know it's easier for you, but it's not about you. It's about the listeners.

Cheapy, good luck with the move. Did you have to pay key money? That practice would be a great "your man in Japan" topic as it's pretty much extortion to keep you from moving out. Ever.

[quote name='Blackout']The show was OK. I really enjoyed the interview. Christina was great. Everything else sucked though.

The sound quality was garbage, as were the callers (except Thomas). Please don't do another live show for a long time. The sound quality is always poor and the callers are extremely dumb. Seriously, callers plugging themselves, "friends", and their websites? Cheapy, you should have hanged up on those clowns immediately.[/QUOTE]
Agreed, terrible callers, except for a select few. Plug,plug,plug.

Also had to note-

I was outside having a smoke already laughing at the "Shout out to Kankles" comment when Wombat said "We gotta give a shout out to Bulbasaur".
That put me over the edge laughing.
I'm fucking busting out laughing/choking prolly making my neighbors wonder WTF is wrong with this guy when then Cheapy says my area code and asks if I'm on the line.

Best laugh of the day at the worst time.

I love you fuckers.

-FrankCastleAZ

bread's done
Back