Posted 04 February 2010 - 02:07 AM

loving the show you guys rock!
Posted Image

#33 Alex2290

Alex2290

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2010 - 03:14 AM

I listened in for about half an hour.. cool show.

One question I had.. Should I pick up ME2 if I've never play ME1?

#34 Fjordson

Fjordson

Posted 04 February 2010 - 03:18 AM

Just pick up ME 1 for cheap, it's worth a playthrough and makes ME 2 all that much better.

Anyways, loved the show guys. The audio quality was pretty rough at a couple spots, and some of the calls were...odd, to say the least, but a cool episode nonetheless. Christina and ME 2 are both awesome.

#35 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 04 February 2010 - 03:56 AM

Show is now available via iTunes, download, etc... Info in 1st post.

#36 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2010 - 03:57 AM

That's a really long show title
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#37 Droogs

Droogs

Posted 04 February 2010 - 04:34 AM

I really hope there are not live cagcasts anymore. I just listened to the first 5 minutes of the recording and it sounds like everybody is either talking while under water or talking through fans.

Hopefully the horrible quality won't last through the entire episode.

#38 F8X

F8X

CAG app for the Android!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2010 - 04:50 AM

audio quality is really bad :(

464374.png

#39 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2010 - 04:54 AM

The show was OK. I really enjoyed the interview. Christina was great. Everything else sucked though.

The sound quality was garbage, as were the callers (except Thomas). Please don't do another live show for a long time. The sound quality is always poor and the callers are extremely dumb. Seriously, callers plugging themselves, "friends", and their websites? Cheapy, you should have hanged up on those clowns immediately.

#40 FrankCastleAZ

FrankCastleAZ

AZHP Gaming Founder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2010 - 05:01 AM

Hated the crap audio quality, but what can you do, sometimes it happens.
Loved the interview, fantastic job and Christina was fantastic!

The sound quality was garbage, as were the callers (except Thomas). Please don't do another live show for a long time. The sound quality is always poor and the callers are extremely dumb. Seriously, callers plugging themselves, "friends", and their websites? Cheapy, you should have hanged up on those clowns immediately.

I wasn't garbage. :-P
Sure I made a lame joke on David Jaffe but t least I didn't plug/shoutout. Then again, I couldn't hear the crew so I just got off the phone so I wouldn't be wasting time.

-FrankCastleAZ
Posted Image
AZHP Gaming - Website - Facebook - Twitter - Google Plus -

#41 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2010 - 05:02 AM

Hated the crap audio quality, but what can you do, sometimes it happens.
Loved the interview, fantastic job and Christina was fantastic!

I wasn't garbage. :-P
Sure I made a lame joke on David Jaffe but t least I didn't plug/shoutout. Then again, I couldn't hear the crew so I just got off the phone so I wouldn't be wasting time.

-FrankCastleAZ

Haha. I forgot about you Frank. I guess all the plugging put a stain on the normal callers. You were cool. I liked your joke. :lol:

#42 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2010 - 05:19 AM

she was a great guest. the fact that she's a CAGcast listener was pretty awesome. i just wish Cheapy or Wombat asked her some of my burning questions! but noooo....
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#43 spineynorman

spineynorman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2010 - 05:43 AM

This is a pretty rough listen. Couldn't you still record yourselves separately and then assemble them later even while doing the live broadcast? I know that means more work for Cheapy, but the results would be a lot better.

Great show as always guys.

#44 Fjordson

Fjordson

Posted 04 February 2010 - 06:18 AM

The show was OK. I really enjoyed the interview. Christina was great. Everything else sucked though.

The sound quality was garbage, as were the callers (except Thomas)

:lol: Thomas was awesome.

#45 Cursor

Cursor

Livin' a CAG paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2010 - 06:23 AM

I've got to say despite the great interview, this was the weakest CAGcast in a long time. The audio platform is broken. Shipwreck was subdued and Wombat was fussy in a toddler kind of way and on a countdown to get his ass in bed. I don't know what got into Cheapy when he let the "shout out" caller go on and on without cutting him off. It reminds me of the "man on the street" guy from the local news giving his microphone to the jackass behind him saying "hi" to his mother. Cheapy is supposed to be an assho...er... renegade, right? This was a perfect opportunity.

Anyway, stop with the live CAGcasts, they just don't work. Please. I know it's easier for you, but it's not about you. It's about the listeners.

Cheapy, good luck with the move. Did you have to pay key money? That practice would be a great "your man in Japan" topic as it's pretty much extortion to keep you from moving out. Ever.

#46 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2010 - 07:14 AM

Agreed, terrible callers, except for a select few. Plug,plug,plug.

CAGFL: (187-31)

Doomtime1.png

#47 FrankCastleAZ

FrankCastleAZ

AZHP Gaming Founder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2010 - 09:28 AM

Also had to note-

I was outside having a smoke already laughing at the "Shout out to Kankles" comment when Wombat said "We gotta give a shout out to Bulbasaur".
That put me over the edge laughing.
I'm fucking busting out laughing/choking prolly making my neighbors wonder WTF is wrong with this guy when then Cheapy says my area code and asks if I'm on the line.

Best laugh of the day at the worst time.

I love you fuckers.

-FrankCastleAZ
Posted Image
AZHP Gaming - Website - Facebook - Twitter - Google Plus -

#48 McWeen

McWeen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2010 - 11:52 AM

Did a boat actually crash and force you guys to record under the ocean?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
George W Bush: "I promise you that the terrorists will suffer like G did."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#49 bsesb2003

bsesb2003

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2010 - 12:15 PM

Wow, actually some gaming talk LOL - great guest! Thanks!
[cp][/cp]

#50 kPod

kPod

.hack//ADDICTION

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2010 - 12:48 PM

Unlistenable due to audio quality. A conference call is more bearable than this. Dx

Posted Image

Posted Image

UK Gamer
and Proud of it!

#51 SpazX

SpazX

13 Billion Years in the Making

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:33 PM

Damn, a bit too choppy (and I'm only like 15 mins in now). I don't remember the last live show being nearly this bad. I blame shipwreck.

Posted Image

#52 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:50 PM

As someone who grew up on AM talk radio, I don't think it sounds as awful as some make it out to be. But then again people on forums have never overeacted ever in the history of the internet, so I must be wrong.

#53 Nightskyre

Nightskyre

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:58 PM

Man, I'm really bummed by the audio quality of this show. I realize it's because it's a live show, but honestly, I could barely listen to it. I only stuck on because I made a comment on last week's show I was hoping might get brought up.

It was really hard to listen - and usually the production quality is excellent. Is there any way you can double/triple end the live show too and just put the calls into it from the live feed?

Weird how the quality cleaned up when taking a call. That was odd.

#54 Falion

Falion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2010 - 02:17 PM

My God... this week's CAGcast is an audio boat crash!

#55 firehawk12

firehawk12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2010 - 02:28 PM

As someone who grew up on AM talk radio, I don't think it sounds as awful as some make it out to be. But then again people on forums have never overeacted ever in the history of the internet, so I must be wrong.

Love the show and all that, but really, this episode sounded like a cellphone conversation where one dude was going through a series of tunnels.

It was fine last time though, so it must be a bandwidth issue somewhere.

Edit: Star Trek Online is decent, but like any MMO, starts feeling like a grind pretty fast.

#56 Microshock

Microshock

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2010 - 02:53 PM

Pretty good show until you got to me. Now I always love my name being mentioned but I hate when I can't respond back during your statements.

If I were to look at CheapyD's gamerscore versus his trophies like he did to me, his gamerscore would be at least 10x the amount, but I don't label him a 360 fanboy do i? I don't go out of my way for trophies, i've had my ps3 for 2 years and they've naturally accumulated.

I was just pointing out the fact that Shipwreck likes to review so much crap out but when it comes to showcasing great PS3 exclusives, there's always an excuse. I don't care that you review multiplatforms on the 360, just have some more support for the PS3 owners on this site that want to hear your take on the newest exclusives. Why is UC2 automatically unreviewable because it came late for you?

And yeah, the fact that other reviewers don't write they dont finish the game doesn't make it alright for you. You don't have deadlines, you don't need to put it up in a timely manner because 80 other reviews went up before you. People don't come to your reviews to see a first look, but rather to see your opinion. Remember that next time.

I remember 2 years ago, when I said that GFW could be a great system, you called me a Microsoft fanboy. The irony right? Stop with your random labeling and just look at the facts. You've reviewed 1-3 exclusives for the PS3 in the course of a year or two. That's wrong.

#57 gorgo

gorgo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2010 - 03:06 PM

Interesting CagCast, the interview was really cool.

Downside... whatever you did for audio on this, please NEVER AGAIN. It was killing my ears.

Regarding the Ship-slam: I really appreciate what Ship brings to the podcast; especially since he's the only one who actually researches and reviews games, you slackers ;)

I consider Ship an integral part of the cast, esp. since his old podcast is dead. In fact, you should bring back. Mrs. Ship as a guest once in a while.

#58 Morbid

Morbid

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2010 - 03:54 PM

Unlistenable. If you guys are too busy/lazy to do a regular show, then don't do one and wait until the next week. I would rather wait an extra week than miss a show because of poor audio quality. No more live shows please!

#59 jeffpm

jeffpm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2010 - 04:00 PM

Please find a way to get some decent audio quality on these live shows. So many podcasts are able to do it, it can't be that hard. I don't think I'll be able to listen to any more of these live shows if something doesn't change.

#60 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2010 - 04:04 PM

Does anyone have anything to say about the show? We get it the live quality wasn't very good. No one cares if you are 5th or 6th person to make the same comment. Your posts about it are unreadable. If you are too lazy to write something constructive maybe you should come back next week with something better to say.