Photo
- - - - -

50 McNuggets for $10 @ McDonalds [2/5 - 2/7] YMMV!

• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

#31 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2010 - 04:58 PM

Maybe I'll show up with a couple buckets for the Super Bowl party I'm headed to...

#32 iambeaker

iambeaker

Right Wing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2010 - 05:48 PM

Just checked with the Kansas City McDonalds and it is not happening in KCMO

#33 Vulgarism

Vulgarism

A living, breathing piece of defecating meat.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2010 - 05:55 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

I'm ready.

ColonCatastrophe.png

#34 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2010 - 05:58 PM

Vulgarism trains for this. McNugget Karate Kid up ins. Legs will be swept, nuggets will be dipped. Watch out for his dangerous Dragondip Style, well honed from years of deep meditation and tireless practice. Bear witness to inhuman inhumanity!

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#35 SteveMcQ

SteveMcQ

I love Panda!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2010 - 06:00 PM

In for a bucket plus a Diet Coke!

#36 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2010 - 06:01 PM

dang...i wonder what my nugget limit is. mcdonald's food is good until it reaches a certain temperature then you don't want anything to do with it.

#37 Vulgarism

Vulgarism

A living, breathing piece of defecating meat.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2010 - 06:08 PM

Vulgarism trains for this. McNugget Karate Kid up ins. Legs will be swept, nuggets will be dipped. Watch out for his dangerous Dragondip Style, well honed from years of deep meditation and tireless practice. Bear witness to inhuman inhumanity!

Strell is my Miyagi in this battle against the nuggs. One day, I'll be able to down 80 in one sitting. I'll just have to have Darkslime teach me the ways of sloth!

ColonCatastrophe.png

#38 coolsteel

coolsteel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2010 - 06:10 PM

dang...i wonder what my nugget limit is. mcdonald's food is good until it reaches a certain temperature then you don't want anything to do with it.

I hit 54 once and gotta say those last few were rough. Had I eaten probably 2 more I would have thrown up on my friend's pool table

#39 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2010 - 06:13 PM

I break sauces midair with toothpicks, coating several nuggets evenly. McYagi Sensei.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#40 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2010 - 06:24 PM

McHeart attack waiting to happen, and a Mcnugget can barely be considered chicken let alone a chicken nugget.

:roll: You mean these aren't made by hand from freshly slaughtered chickens that led pastoral lives roaming around the countryside?

It's McDonalds - no fucking shit. Even their apples are suspect and preserved.

Next thing you know you'll be telling me more informative news, like McDonald's has things called "Drive-thrus."
Posted Image

#41 intoxicated662

intoxicated662

Posted 05 February 2010 - 06:30 PM

that's not even a deal for me, wendy's has this deal year round of 50 nuggets for $10 or 2 medium fries and 2 medium cokes added to the 50 nuggets for $14.99+tax. but mcdonald's nuggets taste better. hmm

#42 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 05 February 2010 - 06:31 PM

now im sitting at work for the next 4 hours thinking about nuggets. argh.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#43 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2010 - 07:34 PM

:roll: You mean these aren't made by hand from freshly slaughtered chickens that led pastoral lives roaming around the countryside?

It's McDonalds - no fucking shit. Even their apples are suspect and preserved.

Next thing you know you'll be telling me more informative news, like McDonald's has things called "Drive-thrus."

:shock:

McDonalds has a "Drive-Thru" where I can get 50 McNuggets without even getting out of my own car?

Say you're kidding. That sounds like I've died and gone to heaven, if that's really true.

:lol:

#44 cRodz

cRodz

Lead Chimp Ass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2010 - 07:38 PM

i really dont like mcdonalds

mcdonalds have terrible suppliers.
Burger king all the way

Then again, 50 mcnuggets for 10 aint bad :D

#45 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2010 - 07:52 PM

"only at participating mcdonalds" i got denied at my local McD's in NYC.

#46 Blade

Blade

Butt Blamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2010 - 07:59 PM

Considering I'm not fat and not at risk of having a heart attack from eating 10 pieces of chicken, I'm in for 5.
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#47 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2010 - 08:02 PM

:shock:

McDonalds has a "Drive-Thru" where I can get 50 McNuggets without even getting out of my own car?

Say you're kidding. That sounds like I've died and gone to heaven, if that's really true.

:lol:

Indeed. It doesn't work with roller skates though.
Posted Image

#48 MikeBastard

MikeBastard

Buffo Manipulator

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2010 - 08:06 PM

Not to be preachy, but people, especially Americans, really don't care what they put into their body. This country is brainwashed into diseasing themselves because it's convenient and cheap.

Everything is about getting the best deal, even with food. More is better, even if you don't need it. :-/
"Don't count your chickens before they're turkeys." ~ Me

#49 helluvagood

helluvagood

HURRICANE VENUS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2010 - 08:10 PM

ew no wonder obesity is such a big problem in america.
Posted Image

#50 MikeBastard

MikeBastard

Buffo Manipulator

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2010 - 08:16 PM

ew no wonder obesity is such a big problem in america.

Like I said, it's the deal mentality. People want as much as they can get for their money; it's sad that this greedy philosophy applies to food that contributes in ending their life sooner.

Even if you split it four ways, it's still 575 calories just for the nuggets and basically all of the fat a normal human needs on a daily basis. Plus all of the sauces offered, or a least the ones listed on the nutritional site, have at least 50 calories per serving.

I used to eat pretty unhealthy, then I grew up and realized I don't need to be taken advantage of by manipulative advertising and I don't need more of something just because it's a "good deal."

#51 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 05 February 2010 - 08:34 PM

if someone wants to eat something, who cares. no one made you the fat police.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

#52 MikeBastard

MikeBastard

Buffo Manipulator

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2010 - 08:35 PM

if someone wants to eat something, who cares. no one made you the fat police.

People can do whatever they want. My factual information is indisputable, though. I wish something like fat police did exist; we need it.

#53 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2010 - 08:43 PM

Like I said, it's the deal mentality. People want as much as they can get for their money; it's sad that this greedy philosophy applies to food that contributes in ending their life sooner.

Take $20 and see how much food you can get in produce and lean meat compared to $1 bullshit frozen pizzas. It goes far beyond simple "greed" as an explanation.

Even if you split it four ways, it's still 575 calories just for the nuggets and basically all of the fat a normal human needs on a daily basis. Plus all of the sauces offered, or a least the ones listed on the nutritional site, have at least 50 calories per serving.

Why would I just give away 1725 calories to other people? Sheesh.

Let me ask you: is it a bit uncomfortable to realize that the high horse you're sitting on is also the dead one you're beating?

I used to eat pretty unhealthy, then I grew up and realized I don't need to be taken advantage of by manipulative advertising and I don't need more of something just because it's a "good deal."

You're a hero. Everyone who dines at McDonald's is a fat, slovenly pig. Guess what? People know McD's is bad. There are a number of people who dine there several times per day/week, and no number of self-deluding diet cokes w/ the big mac meal will salvage their arteries.

And some people lift and do cardio six days a week and want to eat a fucking McNugget without some pious cockhorse reminding them that it's bad. WE KNOW IT'S BAD. THEY'RE NOT CALLED CHEAT DAYS BECAUSE WE'RE EATING BEAN SPROUTS, HOMBRE.

Go preach it to someone who needs saving.
Posted Image

#54 MikeBastard

MikeBastard

Buffo Manipulator

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2010 - 08:52 PM

Take $20 and see how much food you can get in produce and lean meat compared to $1 bullshit frozen pizzas. It goes far beyond simple "greed" as an explanation.

Why would I just give away 1725 calories to other people? Sheesh.

Let me ask you: is it a bit uncomfortable to realize that the high horse you're sitting on is also the dead one you're beating?

You're a hero. Everyone who dines at McDonald's is a fat, slovenly pig. Guess what? People know McD's is bad. There are a number of people who dine there several times per day/week, and no number of self-deluding diet cokes w/ the big mac meal will salvage their arteries.

And some people lift and do cardio six days a week and want to eat a fucking McNugget without some pious cockhorse reminding them that it's bad. WE KNOW IT'S BAD. THEY'RE NOT CALLED CHEAT DAYS BECAUSE WE'RE EATING BEAN SPROUTS, HOMBRE.

Go preach it to someone who needs saving.

You're right. Mcdonalds isn't a greedy corporation that alters food to taste a certain way to sell as much as their garbage product as possible.

Your example of some people needing more calories per day because they lift and do mega cardio. That is a great example because that obviously fits the mold of most American's.

You're also right about giving away 1725 calories. You should eat them all because you need them more than others do. You must engage in weight lifting and cardio. Take a look at the people at your local grocery market. Judging by their average appearance, they need extra calories to support their rigorous workout regimen. The average person needs many more calories than they get which is why obesity is not a major issue in both adults and children.

Everyone has enough food so there's enough for you to have more than you need because, well, you need it. As you said, why would you give away those valuable calories that are so hard to come by?

I have nothing to say in my defense; you're just right.

#55 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 05 February 2010 - 08:56 PM

Shhh, people that exercise don't exist.

#56 MikeBastard

MikeBastard

Buffo Manipulator

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2010 - 09:00 PM

Shhh, people that exercise don't exist.

I agree. Most American's eat right and don't get much more calories than they need on a daily basis. There is no evidence to support my claim so I won't bother posting any sort of proof because it's not there.

As I said, obesity and overindulgence is not a dangerous, rampant issue in American. As you said with your sarcasm, enough people exercise and our culture is definitely headed in the right direction. Kudos to you for being realistic about life.

We should encourage our children to exercise and be sure to get them hooked on a dangerous food early in life so they can continue their healthy eating habits. People should be allowed to do whatever they want and just because eating a certain way is proven to shorten life and highly increase the risk of certain diseases is no reason to make any sort of change. Who cares about progression and living longer; I want McDonalds!

#57 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2010 - 09:02 PM

'bout time people start recognizing that about me.

Look. I get your plight. Americans are fat, uneducated pigs. Corporatons are corrupt. Anti-Flag is a profound band. Insert some banal "Crass" stencil here.

You don't give individuals enough credit for the choices they make, plain and simple. One broad brush and one color of paint is all you need to get your point across. All Americans are alike, aren't they? Except you, you're an individual. You know the real story.

Look, kid, I was on your side for a long while. McDonald's reacted to the pressures of the vocal minority who said "MOAR APPLES AND MILK" to McDonald's. They're there. They also expose the absolute *absurdity* of people who did that preaching to McDonald's, because who the Fuck goes to McDonald's for apples? You're going to eat apples or you're not, and McDonald's carrying them doesn't change the underlying mathematics of that very much.

Should people eat *out* less (irrespective of restaurant)? Yes. Should they buy fewer frozen meals and sodas and presevative laden foods? Yes. Is the modern American diet an epidemic? Yes. You're right. But you're also picking the wrong fight; it's not the *existence* of these foods, it's the perpetual consumption of these foods (and economy of these foods, and the pace of the average life, and people's lack of ability to cook, and the invention of the microwave, and HFCS, and blah blah blah).

You're taking one company to task for monumental institutional/national issues, and you're still unable to reconcile that, barring few people in America (urban residents without cars and only access to shitty corner markets that don't sell decent food), this is a widely patterned instance of individual choice, and not structural restriction.
Posted Image

#58 MikeBastard

MikeBastard

Buffo Manipulator

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2010 - 09:07 PM

'bout time people start recognizing that about me.

Look. I get your plight. Americans are fat, uneducated pigs. Corporatons are corrupt. Anti-Flag is a profound band. Insert some banal "Crass" stencil here.

You don't give individuals enough credit for the choices they make, plain and simple. One broad brush and one color of paint is all you need to get your point across. All Americans are alike, aren't they? Except you, you're an individual. You know the real story.

Look, kid, I was on your side for a long while. McDonald's reacted to the pressures of the vocal minority who said "MOAR APPLES AND MILK" to McDonald's. They're there. They also expose the absolute *absurdity* of people who did that preaching to McDonald's, because who the Fuck goes to McDonald's for apples? You're going to eat apples or you're not, and McDonald's carrying them doesn't change the underlying mathematics of that very much.

Should people eat *out* less (irrespective of restaurant)? Yes. Should they buy fewer frozen meals and sodas and presevative laden foods? Yes. Is the modern American diet an epidemic? Yes. You're right. But you're also picking the wrong fight; it's not the *existence* of these foods, it's the perpetual consumption of these foods (and economy of these foods, and the pace of the average life, and people's lack of ability to cook, and the invention of the microwave, and HFCS, and blah blah blah).

You're taking one company to task for monumental institutional/national issues, and you're still unable to reconcile that, barring few people in America (urban residents without cars and only access to shitty corner markets that don't sell decent food), this is a widely patterned instance of individual choice, and not structural restriction.

I know what you're saying and I've researched these issues immensely. I do make a lot of generalization because, quite frankly, this is such a huge issue that most people happen to fall under the picture I paint. As I said before, America is a nation that prides itself on convenience and things that are cheap. I understand that poverty and lack of education are both huge contributing factors, but those who have an education and know what they're doing have no excuse. It's just pure laziness on their part for not wanting to give up the convenience they're used to.

I wouldn't even use the word choice in a lot of instances. Human's are brainwashed at an early age to like fast food. You understand that a job exists to modify food a certain way in order to be the most appealing to the human taste buds, right? Couple that with advertising, lack of education, and poverty you have one successful business and people living a shorter, more diseased life.

I'm bored, though. I'm gonna go lift weights and run until I pass out so I can wake up and drink my carrot juice and eat my broccoli.

#59 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 05 February 2010 - 09:12 PM

Except for the average lifespan continues to go up.

#60 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2010 - 09:22 PM

Human's are brainwashed

Oh, FFS. Stop.
Posted Image