Cancelling an order with Amazon Gift Cards applied?

Dahk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
105 (100%)
If I cancel an order with an Amazon gift card applied, will I be reimbursed the amount of the order? I have an order with God of War 3, Dante's Inferno and Final Fantasy 13 all paid off by Gift Cards/Trade Ins. I'm thinking about cancelling Dante's Inferno due to the poor reviews and the fact that I probably wont have much time to play it.

Before I cancel the one game though, I'd like to safely know I'll get my gift card money back without having to jump through hoops. Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks in advance.

To be honest, I've never cancelled an order since I usually deal with marketplace sellers. But I would be confident that Amazon of all places would have this type of thing worked out already so your GC and points should be safe.

I recently got a refund on ebay for a bad CD and they returned my ebay bucks I had used to my account with no problem.

The only GC I ever used on amazon are the coinstar codes and I just typed them in once and the system kept track of them like if I had another CC on file so I would not worry about it.

From Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_navbox_center_ret?nodeId=901888

How Refunds are Issued
If you paid by ... Your refund will go to ... after your return is processed
- Credit card ... Credit card ... 3-5 business days
- Bank account ... Bank account ...Up to 10 business days
- Amazon.com gift card* ...Gift card balance ...1-2 business days
- Credit card and gift card ...Credit card first, then gift card balance ...3-5 business days
- Promotional certificate ...No refund issued ...N/A

* If you used an Amazon.com gift card to pay for all or part of an item you want to return, that part of your refund will be credited to your account for use on a future purchase.

I've canceled a few orders paid by gift certificate, and as long as the item was not shipping, the funds were instantly credited back to my account. It couldn't have been easier.

So weird, I just had to cancel a book order from a gift card (been out of stock since christmas) and I just found out the answer like 10 seconds before I saw this thread

Actual gift card, you're fine. The only potential wrinkle is those new video game credits they've been issuing-- if you cancel an order with one of those applied and it's past the credit's expiration, it's gone. And the expiration periods are short, like a matter of weeks after they're issued.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Actual gift card, you're fine. The only potential wrinkle is those new video game credits they've been issuing-- if you cancel an order with one of those applied and it's past the credit's expiration, it's gone. And the expiration periods are short, like a matter of weeks after they're issued.[/QUOTE]

I was actually just looking for an answer to this question. So basically I'll be fine if I cancel a preorder with the video game credits as long as they haven't expired? I'm assuming it will just get applied back to my account.

I've canceled plenty of orders with gift cards applied to them. You get it instantly back.

The same goes for if you have any promotions applied; they will automatically return into your account, and be ready to re-use right away.

bread's done
Back