• Please log in to reply
264 replies to this topic

#241 Ashwood

Ashwood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 08:10 AM

A newbie question:

I only recently signed up for Xbox Live, and I was wondering if the price for XBLA games eventually goes down? I've noticed that sometimes when a new game is released, there's a deal and then the price goes back up. Would the same game ever be on offer again?

There are a few that I'd like to download, Limbo for example, that I've missed my chance to get cheaper. Is there any point waiting to see if prices go down, or do they just stick?

I realise I probably sound like an idiot, but cheers in advance.

#242 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:58 PM

Some games have gone on sale multiple times (Risk: Factions only came out last year and has been on sale AT LEAST 3 times so far), while other games have never been on sale and they've been released years ago.

As far as waiting, most would probably say to do so, but I'd say it depends on the game and if you think it will go on sale or not.

card.png

#243 Ashwood

Ashwood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 02:25 PM

Ah ok, thanks.

Will just wait and see then. One of the reasons I didn't join LIVE straight away was because I worried that I'd spend shit loads of money on it. And it is tempting. I have played loads of trials and can see there are some worthwhile games, though to be honest most of them seem rubbish, but you're tricked into wanting a lot of them anyway because of the appealing set up of Marketplace! :)

#244 ONESTARv2

ONESTARv2

Dreamcast Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 05:05 PM

some things have had actual price drops and not just "deal of the week," but VERY VERY VERY few marketplace items do this.
*The Cadillac of signatures*

#245 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 03 February 2011 - 03:17 AM

Does anyone know how to get this gamerpic? Its bellatrix from Harry Potter. My sister downloaded the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows gamerpics but she wasnt in it. Can you unlock it by playing the game? Or maybe its free somewhere, or was a limited time thing? Any ideas?

http://image.xboxliv...fb/tile/0/20406

TwitterIcon2.pngThe7thNumber.png

#246 TurboNerd

TurboNerd

I'm looking for co-op buddies! PM me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2011 - 07:20 AM

Does anyone know how to get this gamerpic? Its bellatrix from Harry Potter. My sister downloaded the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows gamerpics but she wasnt in it. Can you unlock it by playing the game? Or maybe its free somewhere, or was a limited time thing? Any ideas?

http://image.xboxliv...fb/tile/0/20406

You may have to play the Potter games. One of them. I don't know which.

Actually, does anyone know if there is a way to see what games give what items for achievements? I can find achievements but not rewards. :bomb:

fs_pc.png fs_xbox.png
I'm looking for co-op buddies on XBOX Live and Steam! PM me!

#247 freshzen

freshzen

Posted 18 March 2011 - 02:45 AM

lol @ Last edited by reddjoey; 11-02-2010 at 06:16 PM
Posted ImagePosted Image

#248 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2011 - 05:30 PM

Well I did put this in the OP.

Some of you may have noticed a lack of updates on this post. Since Xbox.com was redesigned, the RSS feed I monitored for changes has become a complete waste of time. I have to hunt and peck around the buggy Xbox.com to find what is new, so I am missing lots of things. I have emailed MS asking if they intended to fix it. Until they do, please bear with me as I try and get as much here as I humanly can in what little spare time I have

And then this post a bit later as the RSS never came back to its former glory.

Well guys, I have put off putting up this post to see if I could change my mind, but I don't think it's going to happen. I have decided that I can't continue running this thread. With school, my personal life (family stuff, new dog), I just can't keep up.

When I started it was easy to find what came out with a New-Content feed from Xbox.com and I could just basically copy, paste, edit, copy paste, edit, format, and update. I could check that against other sites and be happy I got almost everything. It took maybe an hour to and hour half to update and and 45 minutes to look through the news blogs for upcoming info (which I was doing anyway) - 2-3 hours a day doing something "productive" with all the time I waste on CAG and Joystiq/Kotaku/Ars/Shack/etc. I know it sounds dumb, but I had fun keeping this updated. - Then MS updated Xbox.com and changed the way they posted content to Xbox.com and broke the New-Content feed I was using. I emailed and tweeted MS. Not much has happened since then to fix the problem. Now a feed that had 20-50 items a day (sometimes 100+ on big Avatar days) was 100-150 items of repeat items, with 5-10 actual new items. So I had to then go to Xbox.com which only lists the last 10-15 items in each category, then check through the Xbox360 to see if I missed anything, then hunt down any items on Xbox.com. This was way more time consuming and even less accurate at best.

I will still run the Xbox-DotW thread as that is far less labor-intensive. Let me say thanks to all the CAGS who followed this thread and even PM'd me with appreciation. It really meant something to know it was appreciated. In fact, that's what made it so hard to just leave this thread. If anyone wants to take over, I will gladly give you tips, links, or whatever advice you need so you can carry the thread on.

I just checked the RSS feed from Xbox.com and the Halo: Reach - Defiant Map Pack still hasn't hit the feed. This means it's still hard to guarantee that you are posting a large percentage if big items like that are missing. One could cross-reference the dashboard, xbox.com, and the RSS feed, but that is very labor intensive. Before you could code a tool to scrape the RSS and to post what's new. Now that functionality seems impossible. As further evidence that this type of thing isn't being done" Xboxindex.com (a site similar to this thread) shutdown, and MajorNelson's blog no longer tracks the marketplace feed.

Edited by reddjoey, 19 March 2011 - 05:44 PM.

Posted Image
Feel free to add me: Just send a msg saying you are from CAG after the FR
| Xbox Deal of the Week |

#249 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2011 - 03:37 AM

I made the OP a wiki, so anyone who wants to edit and take over can do it now
Posted Image
Feel free to add me: Just send a msg saying you are from CAG after the FR
| Xbox Deal of the Week |

#250 luxuria

luxuria

Don't Forget Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:12 PM

Don't know if this has been posted, but Tales of Vesperia is on Games on Demand for $30 now.

#251 jughead

jughead

Beersport Champion!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2011 - 04:23 PM

I'm not sure if this is right forum so correct me if I'm wrong-

Does anyone know of a place where I can find the schedule for programming that will be available on ESPN 360 for XBL? If there isn't one, is there some sort of "behind the scenes" way of figuring out that information? Just curious....

#252 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2011 - 06:07 AM

I'm not sure if this is right forum so correct me if I'm wrong-

Does anyone know of a place where I can find the schedule for programming that will be available on ESPN 360 for XBL? If there isn't one, is there some sort of "behind the scenes" way of figuring out that information? Just curious....

http://espn.go.com/espn3/index

Look, there's no easy way to ask this so I'm just gonna do it...

Does anyone want to be gay lovers with me in Fable 3?

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#253 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2011 - 06:08 AM

You may have to play the Potter games. One of them. I don't know which.

Actually, does anyone know if there is a way to see what games give what items for achievements? I can find achievements but not rewards. :bomb:

http://avatarawards.ninjasfate.com/

Look, there's no easy way to ask this so I'm just gonna do it...

Does anyone want to be gay lovers with me in Fable 3?

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#254 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2011 - 02:36 AM

anyone buy those gamerpics from marvel? They don't have a preview and am curious whats in them

#255 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2011 - 09:58 PM

Do older DLC ever go on sale? I'd like to get the Tomb Raider Underworld and PoP DLC but not at $10 each...

Currently playing:
:ps3: God of War: Ascension - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#256 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 02:23 PM

asura's wrath demo is out but I can't download no more gold

#257 Stimes

Stimes

Posted 10 March 2012 - 04:24 PM

Does anyone know when pending Microsoft points from xbl rewards usually get added to your account? Thanks in advance.

#258 LondonGaijin

LondonGaijin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:35 AM

Does anyone know when pending Microsoft points from xbl rewards usually get added to your account? Thanks in advance.

No later than the 15th of each month.

Also Trading:
>>>

Spoiler
<<<

#259 JPLS

JPLS

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:42 AM

Any word on when we'll get that 5% MSP back from purchases made in February?

#260 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 01:18 PM

Check your live rewards. I've gotten mine back already, but in order to "cash out", you need a minimum of 100 pending points (which are distributed around the 15th of each month).

Of course, if you aren't a live rewards member, then you don't get the 5% back.

card.png

#261 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:20 AM

Does anybody else have a problem with Zune or is it just me? Sometimes it downloads the app over and over, or when I do see Zune downloaded, I go to play and it just hangs on Launching Zune Marketplace.

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 23 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#262 JPLS

JPLS

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:37 AM

Check your live rewards. I've gotten mine back already, but in order to "cash out", you need a minimum of 100 pending points (which are distributed around the 15th of each month).

Of course, if you aren't a live rewards member, then you don't get the 5% back.

I'm a rewards member and my Gold lasted until the 11th of this month, but I never saw any points coming back my way.

#263 thedolphinsrule

thedolphinsrule

It's Morphin Time!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:56 PM

I decided to buy the MGS HD Collection since its 5 bucks cheaper on Xbox Live

334204.png
12.pngufz.gif

#264 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:22 PM

I decided to buy the MGS HD Collection since its 5 bucks cheaper on Xbox Live

But doesn't include Peace Walker, that $24.99 thing in XBL is disc 1 only!

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#265 thedolphinsrule

thedolphinsrule

It's Morphin Time!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:10 PM

But doesn't include Peace Walker, that $24.99 thing in XBL is disc 1 only!

Its not on the PSN either. MGS2 and MGS3 are $15 each on the PSN. I want Peace Walker for the PS3 whenever they decide to put that on the PSN.

334204.png
12.pngufz.gif