Halo Wars Platnium Hits $19.99 at BB

[quote name='Fighterspledge']Platinum Hits comes with one time use codes for both DLC packs, saving you another 20 dollars.[/QUOTE]

Since when?

this game is absolutely terrible. you guys need to get command and conquer : kane's wrath. Infinitely better

9 factions, unlimited number of bases, way more units, a ton of multiplayer maps, and most importantly, the BEST controls ever concocted for an RTS on a console.

seriously. if you buy this and don't have C&C you are obviously a retarded Halo fan boy (emphasis on the retarded)

[quote name='kurrptsenate']this game is absolutely terrible. you guys need to get command and conquer : kane's wrath. Infinitely better

9 factions, unlimited number of bases, way more units, a ton of multiplayer maps, and most importantly, the BEST controls ever concocted for an RTS on a console.

seriously. if you buy this and don't have C&C you are obviously a retarded Halo fan boy (emphasis on the retarded)[/QUOTE]

Buck up, little camper; one day a girl will agree to hold your hand. Until then, try not to vent your angst in inappropriate venues.

i'm married and have a kid...

but it's true. also, when you think about it, one company has been making RTS games for 15+ years, another has no history of doing so and only releases it with a Halo name on the cover so people that know nothing about RTS games will buy it.

Sorry but I disliked the halo franchise, way over-rated, but halo wars was fun.. you're just a hater. Have you even played this game?

[quote name='kurrptsenate']i'm married and have a kid...

but it's true. also, when you think about it, one company has been making RTS games for 15+ years, another has no history of doing so and only releases it with a Halo name on the cover so people that know nothing about RTS games will buy it.[/QUOTE]

What is this game you speak of? Ensemble Studios made RTS games for at least 13 years.

I had every RTS that was ever made on the 360 at one point. Beat campaign mode and played about 30 online matches, of which I won about 95% of because people that play halo wars blow at RTS games.

well, you assumed I haven't played the game, of which I played more than probably the last 5 posters combined.

that being said, again, based on controls ALONE (not all the other obvious points mentioned) C&C is vastly superior for a console RTS. If you had a larger background on the subject, you'd realize its an objective fact as opposed to a subjective opinion.

I didn't assume anything, nor do I care what you do with your time. The fact that you came here solely to bash the game and whoever plays the game is annoying.

I'm trying to do people a favor and put their money towards something greater. It's obviously their choice, but if they'd try the game I mentioned I'm sure they would arrive at the same conclusion

[quote name='kurrptsenate']I'm trying to do people a favor and put their money towards something greater. It's obviously their choice, but if they'd try the game I mentioned I'm sure they would arrive at the same conclusion[/QUOTE]

Okay. Well you come off very strong.

*tried command and conquer on pc, didn't like.

I thought Red Alert 3 was a step backwards from Kane's Wrath. I'm hoping command and conquer 4 is in the same vein as Kane's Wrath. I'm convinced they'll keep the console controls the same, which is truly unmatched.

Halo Wars wouldn't allow you to really micromanage attacking armies while cuing up units and setting way points without making you screen jump like 4-5 times. Clicking on individual structures for specific units at separate bases is just ludicrous, especially during heavy fire fights with little room for error

Just finished co-oping through this over the weekend. I enjoyed it but it does suffer from some of the usual problems you get playing RTS's on a console.

Mind you at least there's no resource gathering.

[quote name='Alex2290']How would you micromanage a game like that on a console at all...[/QUOTE]

and thats exactly the point I'm trying to make. EA enacted a radial menu that allows you to access anything without screen changing or individually clicking on any structure, or any base for that matter. It takes probably 10 minutes to learn, and is extremely fast and intuitive. I'm convinced that when I played competitively on xbox live ranked, I could easily compete with people on PC based on the vast improvements they made to the controls on a console.

as far as not gathering resources, I personally think thats a draw back to Halo wars. Managing your resources and board control is a huge factor in RTS games and should remain a factor. This gets more and more important as the battle progress from early to mid-late game. If you control the board/resources and reached that point, its really hard to lose if you are aware of your enemy.

But yea, seriously, do yourself a favor and get the game used from GS. Its like 17 bucks and worth every penny. If you give the game a chance it will raise the bar so much for an RTS on a console that you will compare everything else, as least the controls, to it and it will become the bench mark

Wow, didn't know this came with the DLC and is now 20 bucks. I'm now going to pass on the CE and go for this one. :]

So the PH does come with the DLC included, huh? Good to know. Fortunately for me Amazon has been unusually slow in sending me the regular edition I bought several days ago, so I obviously didn't open/play it yet. Return that as soon as it gets here.

Unless the delay was them waiting on shipping me a PH version.

[quote name='gorilladust']What is this game you speak of? Ensemble Studios made RTS games for at least 13 years.[/QUOTE]

Who created the incredibly awesome Age games then?! Surely it wasn't Blizzard.

bread's done
Back