Photo
* * * * * 8 votes

Your collection - post a photo - show us what'cha got!

• Please log in to reply
5970 replies to this topic

#3031 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:53 AM

I thought we all agreed you weren't allowed to post anymore until you finished your shelf.

now we need a proper punishment

#3032 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:17 AM

I hate all of you.

#3033 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:23 AM

I hate all of you.

Posted Image

Get to work! :D

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#3034 Olengie

Olengie

Yukari & Rise are the Best Girls.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:41 AM

I hate all of you.

Love you too.

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#3035 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:49 AM

Give him a temp ban or something until he is done lol

#3036 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:17 AM

Posted Image

#3037 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:18 PM

I'm opting to be nice to Wiggy 'cause I want him to build me stuff.

#3038 Blank Earth

Blank Earth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:52 AM

Here's kind of a strange question. Does anyone know of a display stand I could use to prop up a single game (with a DVD or Blu-ray size case)?

#3039 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:09 AM

Here's kind of a strange question. Does anyone know of a display stand I could use to prop up a single game (with a DVD or Blu-ray size case)?

Usually trading card stores will have something like that.

#3040 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:50 AM

I worked at a used CD & Game store for years. We had these cool little plastic props to display new releases with. I had about a dozen of them at one point, but I think they may have been tossed out last time I moved :/

#3041 Blank Earth

Blank Earth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:04 AM

Yep, that's exactly the sort of thing I'm looking for. I'd like to separately display one game at a time, sort of like a "now playing" feature.

#3042 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:01 AM

Yep, that's exactly the sort of thing I'm looking for. I'd like to separately display one game at a time, sort of like a "now playing" feature.

I bought something like that years ago at Walmart. Can't remember if it was where the frames are or in the arts & craft section, but it is a simple wire frame stand that was intended for a picture or plate. I used it as a desk stand for my psp to watch movies. Which I never did.

I'm sure you could find something simple and cheap at Target or a craft store, too.
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#3043 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:05 AM

Are you looking for a particular style? As mentioned, you could use a small stand for a picture frame or plate. Or you could go all out and get something fancy like this:
Posted Image
http://www.stargatec...vd-marquee.html

Of course, something like this would be a bit more practical:
Posted Image
http://www.htmart.co...p?productid=725

Or you could just make something yourself:
http://www.avsforum....0#post_22391622
http://www.avsforum....0#post_22422944
http://www.avsforum....s#post_13344238

Additional resources:
http://www.avsforum....ts#post_1633347

#3044 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:36 PM

You could use those plate holder... things. Not sure what they're called but here's what they look like...
https://www.google.c...chrome&ie=UTF-8

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Valhalla Knights 3 - :-|

:ps3: Zone of the Enders 2nd Runner HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#3045 Br0keAssGamer

Br0keAssGamer

BrokeAssGamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:50 AM

Man, I've been trolling around this forum for about 2 years now. I'm beginning to feel like I should post a picture or 2....

Make $$ on your iOS or Android device using FeaturePoints! 

Use the code G8KHP9 for 50 FREE POINTS when you start!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't care if it's another fucking Mario/Duck Hunt. It's the only thing I've found today so I'm buying it!"
My eBay Page http://myworld.ebay....jabberwocky2600

#3046 thepain73

thepain73

Johnny B. Goode

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:28 PM

Do iiiiiiiit. I am going to post photos of my new place soon. It's fun to hear what people halfway across the country think of your stuff.

#3047 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:44 PM

Do iiiiiiiit. I am going to post photos of my new place soon. It's fun to hear what people halfway across the country think of your stuff.

Yeah, it is fun. It's much better than hearing what people halfway across the country think of your mom. Those jerks...

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Valhalla Knights 3 - :-|

:ps3: Zone of the Enders 2nd Runner HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#3048 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:24 PM

Picture! Picture!

#3049 dan13l858

dan13l858

R.I.P. Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:41 AM

For anyone who doesn't know what those are, they're the Dead Space Ultra Limited Editions (only 1000 made). New copies sell for about $1000-1200 each.

And I have to ask, how did you manage to get so many of them?

I've always wanted a copy of the Ultra edition. I'm truly jealous of this picture and I'm usually never jealous on these boards. Props to him

#3050 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:20 AM

I remember being on the order page for the Dead Space UE and debating whether to buy it. I decided against it because it was a new IP and didnt think it'd do well. Needless to say, I regret it because not only did it do well, it was my 2nd favorite game of the year (Fallout 3 being #1).

I want a UE for my collection but I am waay to jewish to be spending that much on a single game.

538822.png

#3051 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:27 AM

Bought two of these shelves for under $200 shipped (B1G1 50% off, 5% and free shipping from Red Card). Ordered on Sunday, got them today.

It replaced two cheap $30 shelves that were busted up. These are supposedly wood, and not particle board. Each shelf holds up to 75lbs, which is about how much each shelf of guides weigh.

Spoiler

Yeah I had a TV stand from that same collection. It is basically Particle Board, painted a glossed over. If it isn't exactly Particle Board, then it is the tiniest step above that, lol.

#3052 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:14 PM

Pretty much any shelving that you buy at places like Wal-Mart, Target, Ikea, etc is gonna be chip board, particle board, MDF, or some other manufactured wood product :/

Making your own or paying out the ass is sort of the only way to get actual wood shelving these days (for the most part) :(

#3053 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:48 PM

Yeah I had a TV stand from that same collection. It is basically Particle Board, painted a glossed over. If it isn't exactly Particle Board, then it is the tiniest step above that, lol.

No, this one has least wood laminate / plywood. It's definitely not particle board. I know cause one shelf has a small chunk missing from shipping.

#3054 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:56 PM

Pretty much any shelving that you buy at places like Wal-Mart, Target, Ikea, etc is gonna be chip board, particle board, MDF, or some other manufactured wood product :/

Making your own or paying out the ass is sort of the only way to get actual wood shelving these days (for the most part) :(

The Oskar ones aren't too bad. I add a couple of "T" brackets to make them more ridged and they hold up pretty well. They don't have much weight on them though and the shorter shelves prevent bowing.

I'm going to have to go with real wood/short shelves for my guides though.

#3055 aptanor

aptanor

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:28 PM

Hooray for shelves!
Posted Image
Just two chairs in the corner there now, but we're getting a new couch for the living room, and moving the old one in here.
Posted Image
Containers here have my loose snes/n64/genesis games, controllers, and a few NES games.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#3056 thepain73

thepain73

Johnny B. Goode

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:35 PM

Love the posters and Uncharted 3 special edition.

Looks very cool. Lots of good stuff.

#3057 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:48 PM

Does anyone know where I can get cheap display stands for single DVDs/games? I have quite a few that are signed and I'd like to display them. I found this but they're $4 a piece http://www.designacr...stand-558-p.asp

#3058 OrangeArmy

OrangeArmy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:21 PM

Very nice collection, aptanor. The lack of shovel ware and EA sports titles makes me happy.

#3059 aptanor

aptanor

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:27 PM

I can honestly say I've never had even the faintest desire to buy a sports game :V

Posted Image

#3060 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:31 PM

Does anyone know where I can get cheap display stands for single DVDs/games? I have quite a few that are signed and I'd like to display them. I found this but they're $4 a piece http://www.designacr...stand-558-p.asp

That's one of the cheaper things you'll be able to find. You can look out for wood or wire plate stands, but they cost almost as much and they're usually kinda ugly. But if you don't mind using them, you can find them at your local Walmart/Target and maybe even at a dollar store.