Photo
* * * * * 7 votes

Your collection - post a photo - show us what'cha got!

• Please log in to reply
5632 replies to this topic

#3781 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:53 PM

Talk of pics =/= pics. I call shenanigans.

And just so I'm not contributing to the problem, pic of the "dark side" of my collection (ironically stored in a very light room unlike the rest of my collection). AKA the boneyard, AKA project limbo, AKA extra fucking crap that I don't need.

Posted Image

#3782 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:07 PM

Talk of pics =/= pics. I call shenanigans.

And just so I'm not contributing to the problem, pic of the "dark side" of my collection (ironically stored in a very light room unlike the rest of my collection). AKA the boneyard, AKA project limbo, AKA extra fucking crap that I don't need.

Posted Image

Ill take one of those dreamcasts off your hands :) nice 360s, I had 4 extra laying around in 2006. Worked at a game store, red rings that people couldn't trade in they'd leave, or give to me. Then MS changed the warranty to 3 years, got them all fixed and sold 3 of them :)

#3783 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:14 PM

Only one of those DCs has gutty-wuts, the rest are just shells and I think I need a controller port for the one with guts...

(turns around, grabs DC)

Yup, no working controller port :(

I think I've got 3 of the those Xboxes working just fine, but for some reason I just haven't gotten around to unloading them.

#3784 Gregtastic

Gregtastic

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

:Def didn't come through with the pics like I said lol. 9:30 when I get home again.....

Follow @num1greg
TrueAchievements
XBL: Gregtastic

#3785 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:22 PM

I told you so! :P

#3786 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:24 AM

wiggy needs more 360s....

#3787 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:47 AM

...like I need another hole in my head :P

#3788 kayne2000

kayne2000

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:37 AM

i didn't even think it was still your real head

#3789 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:38 AM

Only one of those DCs has gutty-wuts, the rest are just shells and I think I need a controller port for the one with guts...

(turns around, grabs DC)

Yup, no working controller port :(

I think I've got 3 of the those Xboxes working just fine, but for some reason I just haven't gotten around to unloading them.

Well I'm not looking for a working one, just a shell. Can't find any colored ones anywhere online anymore :(

#3790 kayne2000

kayne2000

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

my friend i've been on the internet since the days of aol 3.0 chatrooms. and this is what truly depresses me is that that photo depresses me far less than the fact ive been on the internet that long. quite frankly i wished such a photo could scare me at this point.

that said why do you know how to find that photo? that one of your stock photos you keep for lonely nights???

that said cool dreamcasts you got there.

#3791 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:32 PM

I'm pretty sure there was someone here that has like 10 PS3s and 10 360s. I'm pretty sure it was ZXT since he keeps having lowballs to import something special edition console or another.:lol:

Currently playing:
:psp: Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - :) :bomb:

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#3792 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

Why do my posts keep going poof? :( I promise I won't post any more moobs.

This little guy gets a home on the shelf today :)

Posted Image

Edited by wiggyx, 25 January 2013 - 09:29 PM.

#3793 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:54 PM

Posted Image

You'll have to tell me how it is. I'm considering getting one myself.
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#3794 Gregtastic

Gregtastic

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:33 PM

I promised pictures of my highly UNIMPRESSIVE collection. As I said a few posts back I used to have A LOT. As of early November I actually had NOTHING but a few things I couldn't sell....

So this basically my collection since November.....I'm not a little kid, or poor, just using my funds for other purposes.

Posted Image

Most of this is Black Friday at Walmart....

Posted Image

Past Rage its Red Faction, Resident Evil 5 and Spec Ops: The Line.

Posted Image

Anybody want to give me a SW: FU2 case? lmao.

Posted Image

Started my collection again from scratch the day I bought this...

I also have a lot of OG Xbox games but I'm in the process of selling them to afford college books. Also have other miscellaneous older gen games sitting around, not a lot of note, and no consoles to play them on. :-(

Follow @num1greg
TrueAchievements
XBL: Gregtastic

#3795 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:23 AM

Posted Image

What's the actual cartridge contacts like? I bought a used English modded Terranigma that was made by the same company and the contacts look really worn out... I don't know if that's because it's used (the item looks new) or if that's how they always are. It works fine though and I'm saving up my pennies to get Bahamut Lagoon.

I also have a lot of OG Xbox games but I'm in the process of selling them to afford college books. Also have other miscellaneous older gen games sitting around, not a lot of note, and no consoles to play them on. :-(

I hate seeing this... people selling games to buy books. It's such a ridiculous scam. And it's only going to get worse when it goes full digital since then, you won't be able to sell your copy. Of course, people always figure out ways to get around DRM.

Currently playing:

fyreboltx.png

#3796 kayne2000

kayne2000

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:30 AM

i agree. college textbooks man....freakin rip off and a half. but i suppose it is what it is. i also can't count the number of times i get a textbook for class then never use it except maybe once 8 weeks into the semester if even that often.

#3797 AugustAPC

AugustAPC

Inebrious Infinitus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:30 AM

Posted Image

Professional photo. Holy crap!
Is that cart painted? What kind of paint did ya use, and how'd you do it? Paint it before you sent it in? What company!?

QUESTIONS QUESTIONS QUESTIONS!

#3798 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:32 AM

^--- I don't know if were allowed to talk about this on CAG, kind of a grey area so probably not.

@Vinny, I always laugh at this story, Sony was beat by a sharpie, always a way!

#3799 AugustAPC

AugustAPC

Inebrious Infinitus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:36 AM

^--- I don't know if were allowed to talk about this on CAG, kind of a grey area so probably not.

@Vinny, I always laugh at this story, Sony was beat by a sharpie, always a way!

About reproductions? Why not?

#3800 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:19 AM

As I mentioned before, I ordered one of these bad boys:
http://www.walmart.c...l-Unit/17325938

It is waiting for me at Walmart right now and I'm going to pick it up in an hour or so (or tomorrow morning). Although I'll have to take down my wall shelves, I'm excited about having more shelving for my games, but I'm not quite sure how I want to organize them. Basically, I'm torn between two options: I don't know if I should maintain my current method of going left to right with games from one system flowing into another...or if I should dedicate one column to Nintendo, one to Microsoft, and one to Sony. I feel like the latter might look better and it will be easier to keep organized, but I'd have to figure out how I want to place my Atari and Sega games. Hmm, I guess I'll just figure out what I want to do once the shelves are actually set up.

And of course, I will take before and after pictures for you filthy savages because I know anything else would be unforgivable.

I hate seeing this... people selling games to buy books. It's such a ridiculous scam. And it's only going to get worse when it goes full digital since then, you won't be able to sell your copy. Of course, people always figure out ways to get around DRM.

Off-topic:
Spoiler

#3801 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:38 AM

Isn't it sorta demented how much excitement we get from just talking about shelving our games? Then of course there's the act of doing so, which is like most satisfying thing I get from my games :D

We are a sick people.

What's the actual cartridge contacts like? I bought a used English modded Terranigma that was made by the same company and the contacts look really worn out... I don't know if that's because it's used (the item looks new) or if that's how they always are. It works fine though and I'm saving up my pennies to get Bahamut Lagoon.

Since repros are all dependent upon donor carts, the condition will vary :/

Professional photo. Holy crap!
Is that cart painted? What kind of paint did ya use, and how'd you do it? Paint it before you sent it in? What company!?

QUESTIONS QUESTIONS QUESTIONS!

Click my sig ;)

About reproductions? Why not?

They're sorta legal gray area. Some places rather not deal with the potential issues with repros (though it seems like none of the big game companies care, most likely because there's really no financial loss for them).

#3802 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:24 AM

Save the games dude.

Unless your major is bleeding edge computer technology stuff or something that absolutely NEEDS the latest version, buy a previous edition of the text book. You'll have to do a little leg work by letting your professor know that you need to cross reference assigned homework to make sure you're doing the right problems (most science/math textbooks don't change very much from one revision to the next, they might add a couple problems or sections, but generally speaking they pretty much just re-order the problems and call it a new book). Spending over $15 for a textbook is for suckers.

Edit: ZombieToast beat me to it.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#3803 kayne2000

kayne2000

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:22 AM

there is also the option of renting textbooks now or finding digital PDF versions of the textbooks also to help.

my advice is go to the school book store to look at the text books you need. write them down and the prices of new, used, and rent(if its an option) then compare online. i say this because strangely enough a couple of times the school book store was the cheapest route because every now and then if the teacher hasnt gone to the newest edition the old one goes out of print and might skyrocket in price. doesnt happen often but it has happened to me a couple of times.

#3804 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:33 AM

Slowdive21's ways to approach college (post #2)

1) Go to lectures
2) Don't buy the book unless it is essential
3) If you need the book, split it with a cute girl in your class (gives an excuse to study together and saves money)
4) Keep games
5) Thank slowdive21

Another option is buying from someone who just took the class. Back in the day we had posting areas on campus and I would buy/sell my books locally. This was before the interweb had trade ins.

Cool Story Bros:
My college actually had 2 bookstores: One that was owned by the university and one that was independent. As you know (just like game trade ins) the price drops as they acquire more copies and eventually the bookstores stop taking them. People used to leave their 'worthless' books in crates to be recycled (as they were in a hurry to get out of town and back home). I would raid the crates, walk to the other independent bookstore (about 1/4 mile) and see if they were still taking the books. I only did it once (my final semester), but I made $180 on junk books and I even kept a couple of the marketing books for myself. 8-)

#3805 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:25 AM

They're sorta legal gray area. Some places rather not deal with the potential issues with repros (though it seems like none of the big game companies care, most likely because there's really no financial loss for them).

I don't think they're in a gray area. Just like watching fansubbed anime that isn't licensed in your region isn't a gray area. Not that I personally care, I'm just saying.

1) Go to lectures
3) If you need the book, split it with a cute girl in your class (gives an excuse to study together and saves money)
4) Keep games
5) Thank slowdive21

5) Find out girl parties all the time, and you can't reach her ever since she took the book one time to study for a test.
6) Kill slowdive21.

#3806 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:29 AM

Slowdive21's Wiggy's way to approach college

1) Go to lectures
4) Keep games
5) Thank slowdive21

This pretty much got me through college, although it was design school, so I didn't have tons of heavy reading to do :P

#3807 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

As I mentioned before, I ordered one of these bad boys:
http://www.walmart.c...l-Unit/17325938

It is waiting for me at Walmart right now and I'm going to pick it up in an hour or so (or tomorrow morning). Although I'll have to take down my wall shelves, I'm excited about having more shelving for my games, but I'm not quite sure how I want to organize them. Basically, I'm torn between two options: I don't know if I should maintain my current method of going left to right with games from one system flowing into another...or if I should dedicate one column to Nintendo, one to Microsoft, and one to Sony. I feel like the latter might look better and it will be easier to keep organized, but I'd have to figure out how I want to place my Atari and Sega games. Hmm, I guess I'll just figure out what I want to do once the shelves are actually set up.

And of course, I will take before and after pictures for you filthy savages because I know anything else would be unforgivable.

I've heard Atlantic shelves are gone down in quality so I look forward to hearing your impressions. Atlantic's shelves always had a solid reputation in the past but it seems like that's not the case anymore... especially because they use the same names but inferior quality material.

Currently playing:

fyreboltx.png

#3808 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:02 PM

I've heard Atlantic shelves are gone down in quality so I look forward to hearing your impressions. Atlantic's shelves always had a solid reputation in the past but it seems like that's not the case anymore... especially because they use the same names but inferior quality material.

The new 1080s have definitely gone considerably down in quality. Thinner material used for each shelf, outer frame is also flimsier, and depth of all pieces seem to be less too so items are more prone to stick out.
Posted Image

#3809 kayne2000

kayne2000

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

I don't think they're in a gray area. Just like watching fansubbed anime that isn't licensed in your region isn't a gray area. Not that I personally care, I'm just saying.

5) Find out girl parties all the time, and you can't reach her ever since she took the book one time to study for a test.
6) Kill slowdive21.

this is a more accurate summary. never ever rely on others in college to do anything for you. also i just want to say i hate group projects with a passion.

#3810 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

Posted Image