Photo
* * * * * 8 votes

Your collection - post a photo - show us what'cha got!

• Please log in to reply
5944 replies to this topic

#3871 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:50 AM

LOL I remember when I was super organized with my collection. Now, I just put my games wherever I can find room.

^

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#3872 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:56 AM

Unity, is my issue. If every game came in a red case, it'd be ok by me. A clearly labeled spine title is just fine to differentiate the games to me. What if your blu-rays came in all sorts of colors besides blue, that'd be rainbow vomit on the shelf.

It's a little picky I admit, but it makes the collection look much neater as a whole, instead of being drawn to the 1-5 odd ball games that stick out because they are different color.

Well, at least you don't just flat-out hate the red like a lot of people. Heh. I still don't really get it, though. Just a matter of perspective, I guess. Personally, I would prefer it if Blurays came in different colors. I get tired of all the blue cases, although it does make it easier for my wife when she's trying to pick up a new movie at the store.

Would you stick Metal Gear Solid 2+3 PS2 next to Metal Gear Solid 4 on your PS3 shelf?

Not me, no. I've been tempted to do something like that a few times, but it's less confusing to me if each console is separate.

#3873 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:59 AM

Alright, so I thought I'd go ahead and share some pictures of our redecoration process. This is going to be a big post, by the way. Just keep in mind that this is very much a work in progress, so the house is currently a huge mess and our walls are pretty bare. As of last week, here's what my gaming section and the surrounding area looked like (sorry about the blurriness):

Posted Image

A couple of close-ups:
Spoiler

My portable games along with a few PC games, all next to a portion of our movie collection:
Posted Image

A little hard to see because of our bad lighting, but here's the new shelving unit all put together:
Posted Image

And now full of games:
Posted Image

Here are some close-ups:
Spoiler

It's so nice to finally have all of my games in one place! This is the first time I've had my retro games out in about 5 years or so. I need to make some cases and covers for them, but it's still nice to see them. Right now, the only games not on the new shelves are my big collector's editions that won't fit...oh, and my jewel-case PC games 'cause I'm still figuring out which ones I want to keep.

Now our movies also have a better place to live (my previous game shelves). Quite a few of them were boxed away because we didn't have room, but now they're all on display:
Posted Image

And in place of where the movies previously were, we now have a nice big cabinet housing just a small portion of our board games. We're waiting on two more [slightly smaller] cabinets that will go on the other side (I'm not going to organize the games until then). I really, really hope that all three cabinets will be able to contain our entire collection. If we're really lucky, maybe we can have enough space for our vinyl records.
Posted Image

Just for the heck of it, I'll also show off my new chair:
Spoiler

The next phase of redecorating will be the replacement of my beloved old desk that I have had for about 15 years:
Posted Image

#3874 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:07 AM

I should post a photo of my collection but it would be comical at best, my mountain of doom has been reduced to a mountain of boxes after the move. I'm still trying to find some good shelving which is proving to be a quest on it's own. The estimate I received for the custom shelving was a bit steep and he scaled it down from what I wanted.

#3875 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:34 PM

yay for zombie's collection. also i've never heard of people hating the red cases thats new to me?

#3876 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:38 PM

yay for zombie's collection. also i've never heard of people hating the red cases thats new to me?

Red cases are literally the bane of my existence, I may very well get cancer from them.

#3877 kayne2000

kayne2000

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:38 PM

and what did the poor red cases ever do to you???

#3878 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:04 PM

They made my collection look like hell making everything look un-uniform!

#3879 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:48 PM

Like I said, I'll never understand.

#3880 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:53 PM

As much as I hate Greatest Hits, Player's Choice, Platinum Hits, and Nintendo Selects versions, I've never been bothered with the PS3 logo change.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Valhalla Knights 3 - :-|

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#3881 aptanor

aptanor

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

Just don't buy any gh games and there will be no red cases! The logo change isn't a big deal for me, at once point I put the different logo types together but then different series were separated and I decided it didn't work.

Posted Image

#3882 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

Or just buy clear cases and swap em out.

#3883 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

I want to post a pic update, especially since I just got noo shelf, but waiting on a ton of stuff that should arrive some time this weekend, so going to hold off until then.

#3884 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

Or just buy clear cases and swap em out.

Assuming you open them.

#3885 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:33 PM

If you don't open them, well, then that's a problem in itself.

#3886 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:09 AM

There's no point in keeping a greatest hits game sealed (at least from this generation) none of them hold any value !

#3887 page305

page305

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:34 AM

I think I buy too many games, I took these pictures back in early September last year,

and I decided to take a few more pics of my mess.

Posted Image
Posted Image

2 Words: DVD Binder! :D

#3888 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:53 AM

Ew.

elessar123.png

#3889 Olengie

Olengie

Yukari & Rise are the Best Girls.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:08 AM

Ew.

This. Then there's no point in shelves! :lol:

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#3890 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:23 AM

I hope you burn in hell.

#3891 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:29 AM

kill yo self!

Man you people are cheap.

#3892 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:35 AM

I didn't recall skiizim posting his collection recently... then I saw that the quoted post was from 2 years ago.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Valhalla Knights 3 - :-|

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#3893 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:38 AM

lmao, I think he realizes that he's in the wrong thread now.

elessar123.png

#3894 kayne2000

kayne2000

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:47 AM

hey dvd binders are good for transporting it was either that or have no games to play while at school instead of doing homework(i admit this was a poor decision in hindsight should study far more often than i do)

#3895 page305

page305

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:50 AM

I didn't recall skiizim posting his collection recently... then I saw that the quoted post was from 2 years ago.

Yeah, I followed his link on a different thread.

lmao, I think he realizes that he's in the wrong thread now.

I knew it wouldn't go over well... hence the ":D".

My "CML" would give you guys nightmares (all disc only). lol

#3896 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:15 AM

I use a binder for my ps1 and dreamcast stuff due to lack of space. The cases are all boxed away in a closet. I bring shame upon us all :'(

#3897 page305

page305

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:21 AM

I use a binder for my ps1 and dreamcast stuff due to lack of space. The cases are all boxed away in a closet. I bring shame upon us all :'(

I did the same for years. Had 4 large rubbermaids in the closet. Then I got tired of them eating space... a bunch of plastic boxes in another plastic box packed away in a drywall box with a door on it.

I have a friend that has the boxes to everything in his house stored in the attic. His attic is almost 100% empty boxes :D

#3898 page305

page305

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:28 AM

A little hard to see because of our bad lighting, but here's the new shelving unit all put together:
Posted Image

Where did you get this shelf? I need one like this for my game collectables... that's my weakness.

#3899 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:34 AM

Where did you get this shelf? I need one like this for my game collectables... that's my weakness.

That's the Atlantic 1080 Oskar shelf which can be found in many places. Not sure exactly where he got it from, but places such as Best Buy, Target, and other retailers should carry them pretty regularly.

#3900 page305

page305

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:41 AM

That's the Atlantic 1080 Oskar shelf which can be found in many places. Not sure exactly where he got it from, but places such as Best Buy, Target, and other retailers should carry them pretty regularly.

Thanks a bunch... I searched and they're all over Amazon as well.

I'll be searching for the same just a little deeper. Damn Gears 3 and Halo Reach statues are bulky.

On another note:
Might as well join the collection topic. I know it isn't on par with what this thread is about but...

Here's my gaming area until my entertainment center is done (needs spackle and paint still).

My evil disc binder and laptop opened to my steam library! Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic... will update when I have access to a digital camera.

Posted Image

Edited by page305, 01 February 2013 - 05:38 AM.