Photo
* * * * * 7 votes

Your collection - post a photo - show us what'cha got!

• Please log in to reply
5632 replies to this topic

#4051 dodgeme

dodgeme

Shadow the Hedgehog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:56 AM

I decided to take the advice from earlier to display some of my games a bit better and rearranged the shelves I have so now I can display my Genesis games.

Posted Image

Heres some close-ups.

Posted Image

Posted Image
The NES games blocked by flash are Mario 3, 2 and Trojan.
Posted Image

#4052 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:42 AM

Made my shelves more efficient - now I can fit maybe 50 more blus on there =]

Posted Image

#4053 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:01 AM

^ good use of space. You must be a giant if you can reach the top shelves.
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#4054 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:04 AM

or be stretch armstrong whichever

#4055 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:51 AM

I decided to take the advice from earlier to display some of my games a bit better and rearranged the shelves I have so now I can display my Genesis games.

Man, shelves look so much nicer when they're side by side.

Posted Image

Is that a exhaust or intake on the ceiling? If it's an exhaust, then doesn't that result in issues with dust (not to mention possible issues relating to heat like warped plastic if you live in a cold winter area).

Currently playing:
:psp: Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - :) :bomb:

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#4056 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:14 AM

I see you have a big backlog of movies as well!

#4057 kayne2000

kayne2000

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:42 AM

i thought that went hand in hand with a game backlog??

#4058 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:31 PM

Is that a exhaust or intake on the ceiling? If it's an exhaust, then doesn't that result in issues with dust (not to mention possible issues relating to heat like warped plastic if you live in a cold winter area).

Exhaust. But that's like the last exhaust on the chain so doesn't get too hot anyway - plus i closed it so not much gets through either way. It's not directly over anything too.

#4059 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:32 PM

Exhaust. But that's like the last exhaust on the chain so doesn't get too hot anyway - plus i closed it so not much gets through either way. It's not directly over anything too.

Oh yea. Planning on getting a 100" projector in basement once that is done, so I anticipate lots of movie nights. :D

#4060 aptanor

aptanor

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:55 PM

I've got to get a new projector. Mines completely dead, but it was so cheap to start with it's not really worth repairing. I suppose I could just get a TV for the game room, but after having the projector in there I love how much more room it gives you.

Posted Image

#4061 kayne2000

kayne2000

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:36 AM

Oh yea. Planning on getting a 100" projector in basement once that is done, so I anticipate lots of movie nights. :D

just make sure you save up for the good one. my friend got one of the ones that is a few hundred dollars cheaper and it glitches out(i cant remember why but some features the more expensive one had). so save up for the best one.

its great when it works but sometimes it does get glitchy.

#4062 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:12 AM

I would love to have a projector, I have a plan for it, I just need to get the room better situated.

#4063 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:50 AM

Big Boo eating Mega Man.

That is all.

Love this too :applause:

Are you guys swingers by any chance?

LO fucking L!

Ceiling is actually 4'5" high :P

#4064 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:48 PM

Spoiler

Are those red Bluray cases?

#4065 tooshorty6432168

tooshorty6432168

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:21 PM

Are those red Bluray cases?

How soon we forget about HD-DVD :lol:

#4066 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:36 PM

Haha. I own about 20 HD-DVDs and even I took a doubletake before thinking "oh right." I forgot where I even got them but they were dirt cheap (as was the add-on 360 player).
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#4067 dodgeme

dodgeme

Shadow the Hedgehog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:35 PM

I really only kept them because of how cheap I got them and a standalone player. Figure why get rid of them when they look just fine to me.
Posted Image

#4068 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:59 PM

I really only kept them because of how cheap I got them and a standalone player. Figure why get rid of them when they look just fine to me.

You're right, there is no reason to get rid of them. Plus they're a nice part of a collection since many people forgot about them.
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#4069 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:18 PM

LOL, I was just thinking this. I almost bought an Xbox HD DVD adapter the other day for 10 bucks.

Almost.

Shit, they work, right? I'd keep em too :)

#4070 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:37 AM

Ha ha, silly me. To be honest, I've actually never seen an HD-DVD before. By the time I eventually upgraded to an HD TV, I think Bluray was already the norm for most people. And even then, I didn't have a player until getting my PS3 a year later. And it wasn't even until several months after that when I finally decided to stop being stubborn and give it a try.

#4071 kayne2000

kayne2000

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:15 AM

Ha ha, silly me. To be honest, I've actually never seen an HD-DVD before. By the time I eventually upgraded to an HD TV, I think Bluray was already the norm for most people. And even then, I didn't have a player until getting my PS3 a year later. And it wasn't even until several months after that when I finally decided to stop being stubborn and give it a try.

sounds exactly like me except i bought batman the dark knight with my blu ray but other than that your story is exactly like mine even after that movie i barely used the ps3 for a while too lol.

#4072 aptanor

aptanor

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:07 PM

Sounds like my wife. She insisted she hated blus because she used to work at Best Buy, and seeing them play X-Men all day on TVs that weren't calibrated or set up right made them look weird and fakey, so she thought that's what they always looked like. I finally got her to give it another chance and now she wants to get everything on blu instead of DVD :V

On another note, I know I'm not the first person to bring this up, but I tried it and card sleeves + a soft cover binder is the absolute best way to store loose gameboy games.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#4073 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:04 PM

They also sell magnetic vent covers for like $5 at the Home Depot. It's probably not needed, but it's definitely an option.

LOL, I was just thinking this. I almost bought an Xbox HD DVD adapter the other day for 10 bucks.

Almost.

$10? :hot: I want to find one for $10. :cry:
Posted Image

#4074 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:34 AM

GOOD GOD MAN SAVE THOSE LOOSE DISC PILES!!! Save them...

#4075 Olengie

Olengie

Minato Arisato is the Messiah

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:04 AM

Sounds like my wife. She insisted she hated blus because she used to work at Best Buy, and seeing them play X-Men all day on TVs that weren't calibrated or set up right made them look weird and fakey, so she thought that's what they always looked like. I finally got her to give it another chance and now she wants to get everything on blu instead of DVD :V

On another note, I know I'm not the first person to bring this up, but I tried it and card sleeves + a soft cover binder is the absolute best way to store loose gameboy games.
Posted Image

Seems like a good idea. I think I have to try that this weak. xD

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#4076 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:18 PM

They also sell magnetic vent covers for like $5 at the Home Depot. It's probably not needed, but it's definitely an option.

$10? :hot: I want to find one for $10. :cry:

If you're serious, I can grab one for you.

#4077 mdc921

mdc921

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:45 PM

Been a very long while since I've posted. Thought I would show off my retro consoles. My current gen stuff is downstairs on my HDTV. Games are stored in Ikea boxes on shelves so they're not nearly as cool to look at.

Overall picture:
Spoiler

Closeup of left cabinet:
Spoiler

Closeup beneath TV:
Spoiler

These are 'extra' consoles stored on another shelf:
Spoiler

One thing I'd like some advice on is putting the backing on the left shelf. Do you guys have any advice on the best way to put cord holes in it?

#4078 thepain73

thepain73

Johnny B. Goode

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:00 PM

Invest in a larger TV next!

#4079 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:09 PM

Invest in a larger TV next!

I think he is trying to really keep it old school, you need a 15" or 20" tv!

#4080 mdc921

mdc921

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:12 PM

I've actually been trying to find a cheap flat CRT at yard sales around here, but none to be had. That's what I get for living in a comparatively rural area.