Photo
* * * * * 8 votes

Your collection - post a photo - show us what'cha got!

• Please log in to reply
5944 replies to this topic

#4111 coolrust

coolrust

Kupalizm Mode

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:10 AM

it from the preorders, sold the extra copies to some of friends and kept the stellbook for all the "hard work".
sorry about the enlarged pic, i did it on my iphone.

#4112 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:59 AM

Something's up with CAG's image resizing thing. Pictures are supposed to automatically re-size to some resolution (not sure if it's a fixed number or if it depends on your computer's resolution) but it doesn't always work right. If you reload the page, it'll usually fixes the issue.

CAG did re-size 'em, but the source file size remains, and they took FOREVER to load from imageshack or wherever they were upped :(

Those are only empty steel cases - you get them for pre-ordering the movie from Best Buy. So that just means he preordered multiples and may or may not have actually picked up the movie later ;)

So they're paperclip storage? I guess I just don't get the point in keeping stuff like that. Is it useful? No. Is it valuable? No, not really. Looks like .25 worth of scrap steel to me :P

#4113 cager

cager

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:33 AM

CAG did re-size 'em, but the source file size remains, and they took FOREVER to load from imageshack or wherever they were upped :(

So they're paperclip storage? I guess I just don't get the point in keeping stuff like that. Is it useful? No. Is it valuable? No, not really. Looks like .25 worth of scrap steel to me :P

Umm look them up on ebay, the cases recently sold for way more than the $7.50 each that was paid assuming even that much was paid since you could cancel the pre order get your money back and keep the case.

#4114 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:59 AM

Looks like 15 bucks typically. Meh. I don't call that "way" more. I call that "not worth my time to even list the thing, let alone pack it up, put a label on it, and take it to the post office."

Plus, it's not like keeping them is gonna help. Movie media doesn't typically gain or even retain value.

But if you like em on your shelf, then I guess you like em on your shelf. Plenty of people don't like the whole UGC thing, but I quite obviously embrace it. I really just wondered why anyone would have 4 or more copies of something like that.

#4115 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:12 AM

Looks like 15 bucks typically. Meh. I don't call that "way" more. I call that "not worth my time to even list the thing, let alone pack it up, put a label on it, and take it to the post office."

Plus, it's not like keeping them is gonna help. Movie media doesn't typically gain or even retain value.

But if you like em on your shelf, then I guess you like em on your shelf. Plenty of people don't like the whole UGC thing, but I quite obviously embrace it. I really just wondered why anyone would have 4 or more copies of something like that.

im still wondering about why i have 4 copies of bloodrayne 1 and my parents have 5 copies of the movie Ghost.

#4116 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:10 PM

Umm look them up on ebay, the cases recently sold for way more than the $7.50 each that was paid assuming even that much was paid since you could cancel the pre order get your money back and keep the case.

Sure you did :-\", I'm sure you didn't go get your money back after release date and kept the cases.

#4117 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:52 AM

Will post a pic soon, it's all in different sections, so it'll take a moment. Plus 1 to the gamecube collection on page 1:D

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#4118 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:22 AM

Don't want to post a billion pics, so heres a link to the album: http://s1305.beta.ph...uirell/library/

It's decent enough, for what it's worth. Sadly, I haven't played quite a few of these, but I hope to one day8-)great idea for a thread btw OP:applause:

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#4119 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:41 AM

Most people here have backlogs that are bigger than the average person's entire collection. You'll find out what a backlog is after you've been on CAG for a few years.:lol: And you need to do some dusting and buy some compressed air cans... for a second there, I thought your GC had a white fan.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Valhalla Knights 3 - :-|

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#4120 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:57 AM

And you need to do some dusting and buy some compressed air cans... for a second there, I thought your GC had a white fan.

I dust once a week because I can't stand dust on my shelves.

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#4121 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:07 AM

Most people here have backlogs that are bigger than the average person's entire collection. You'll find out what a backlog is after you've been on CAG for a few years.:lol: And you need to do some dusting and buy some compressed air cans... for a second there, I thought your GC had a white fan.

Not sure if your replying to me, but that GC isn't actually being used. Somehow it won't read games anymore, so I just use my wii. I dust like crazy, but it just keeps pilling up:cold:and I've found that out, after much berating in a backlog thread I started:drool:

#4122 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:03 AM

Thanks to this site, my backlog has a backlog.

#4123 kayne2000

kayne2000

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:35 AM

yea well my backlogs backlog has children

#4124 aptanor

aptanor

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:49 PM

Just a small update:
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

I keep meaning to clean up the living room where our current gen consoles and TV are, but every time I get it ready to take pics something happens :I

Posted Image

#4125 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:56 PM

You looked fully settled in now, laziness to clean and all. ^__^

#4126 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:57 PM

Just a small update:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

I keep meaning to clean up the living room where our current gen consoles and TV are, but every time I get it ready something happens :I

Holly cow, I am envious of your GameCube collection:applause:and I say let the shrine grow!

#4127 aptanor

aptanor

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:00 PM

I collect mainly GC, PS2, and Genesis, but I've focused a lot on getting the Gamecube rarities.

And it's clean! ish... The boxes in the corner are my NES games, and some shipping supplies and stuff that needs to be put up for sale and such. There's just nowhere to put them.

Posted Image

#4128 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:17 PM

yea well my backlogs backlog has children

Looks good, but needs MOAR shelves! ;)

#4129 Ironman8

Ironman8

Nuka-Cola drinker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:17 PM

Does anyone have all the colors of the N64 console Funtastic series? Somebody here has to have all the main 6 color variants. Would love to see the photo of these together in the wild. In the last 6 months I have picked up the Green and Ice Blue. Orange is the next one I am after.

Any information on production numbers and if any of them were bundle deals?

#4130 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:24 PM

I always need "MOAR shelves". Never enough...NEVAR!

#4131 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:50 PM

Not sure if your replying to me, but that GC isn't actually being used. Somehow it won't read games anymore, so I just use my wii. I dust like crazy, but it just keeps pilling up:cold:and I've found that out, after much berating in a backlog thread I started:drool:

It might be something to do with your home's ventilation system then... my room gets much dustier than any other room in the house.

I collect mainly GC, PS2, and Genesis, but I've focused a lot on getting the Gamecube rarities.

How's that going for you? It seems like ever since GS cleared out their GC games, prices on eBay skyrocketed (instead of dip). I'm glad I have most of the rarities, but I missed out on some stuff.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Valhalla Knights 3 - :-|

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#4132 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:29 PM

It might be something to do with your home's ventilation system then... my room gets much dustier than any other room in the house.

Yeah, our ventilation SUCKS! We don't even have heat most of the time, and the our cat seems to like to explore the vents alien style:-#Not really a surprise I suppose that it's so bad, but really annoying anyway

How's that going for you? It seems like ever since GS cleared out their GC games, prices on eBay skyrocketed (instead of dip). I'm glad I have most of the rarities, but I missed out on some stuff.

I'm still kicking myself for trading in Double Dash, Paper Mario, Air Ride, Pikmin, Jungle Beat, Party 4&7, and so so many more gems, for pennies at gamestop. Been rebuying them lately at a used media store. You can find games in the "very scratched" that look and play great for $4.50 a piece (Pikmin 2 for five bucks!). Definitely has been rather barren though lately. Would like to know where everyone is finding this stuff:)

#4133 elgato11x

elgato11x

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:45 PM

Does anyone have all the colors of the N64 console Funtastic series? Somebody here has to have all the main 6 color variants. Would love to see the photo of these together in the wild. In the last 6 months I have picked up the Green and Ice Blue. Orange is the next one I am after.

Any information on production numbers and if any of them were bundle deals?

The green was originally bundled with Donkey Kong 64 (I got that bundle for xmas as a kid), but I don't think any of the other colors were ever part of a bundle.

I found this video on Youtube:

#4134 kayne2000

kayne2000

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:25 PM

well a large chunk of my collection is at my parents house while i do the school thing because thats what im told i need to do. so i cant have MOAR shelves yet sadly.

#4135 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:32 PM

The green was originally bundled with Donkey Kong 64 (I got that bundle for xmas as a kid), but I don't think any of the other colors were ever part of a bundle.

I found this video on Youtube:

Why do people so often assume that the funtastic colors were each produced in different quantities? As in "the next most rare one in my collection..."

For all we know they made 200K of each color.

#4136 aptanor

aptanor

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:00 AM

I'm kinda in the same boat. I've got a lot of the basic stuff, all the Zeldas, Pokemons, SSBM, Double Dash, etc, and a few of the really rare titles, like Skies of Arcadia and Pikmin 2 but there are a couple major holes. Right now I'm really after Phantasy Star Online 1&2+ and Cubivore.

Posted Image

#4137 kayne2000

kayne2000

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:15 AM

I'm kinda in the same boat. I've got a lot of the basic stuff, all the Zeldas, Pokemons, SSBM, Double Dash, etc, and a few of the really rare titles, like Skies of Arcadia and Pikmin 2 but there are a couple major holes. Right now I'm really after Phantasy Star Online 1&2+ and Cubivore.

lol i have those last three. i am kicking myself for giving up skies for free to someone ages ago but i did it cause i hated the game.

#4138 Olengie

Olengie

Yukari & Rise are the Best Girls.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:29 AM

Yeah, our ventilation SUCKS! We don't even have heat most of the time, and the our cat seems to like to explore the vents alien style:-#Not really a surprise I suppose that it's so bad, but really annoying anyway

I'm still kicking myself for trading in Double Dash, Paper Mario, Air Ride, Pikmin, Jungle Beat, Party 4&7, and so so many more gems, for pennies at gamestop. Been rebuying them lately at a used media store. You can find games in the "very scratched" that look and play great for $4.50 a piece (Pikmin 2 for five bucks!). Definitely has been rather barren though lately. Would like to know where everyone is finding this stuff:)

I know how you feel. I hate myself for trading in many of my games to Gamestop long ago.

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#4139 dodgeme

dodgeme

Shadow the Hedgehog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:33 AM

I share the same pain with the Gamecube games. Have sold off and rebought my collection I think three times now. Only have about 15 games this time around and then the prices skyrocketed on ebay. Was hoping to pick up Windwaker and Twilight Princess but they are way over what I want to pay. Glad I rebought Tales of Symphonia for a decent price.
Posted Image

#4140 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:05 AM

I share the same pain with the Gamecube games. Have sold off and rebought my collection I think three times now. Only have about 15 games this time around and then the prices skyrocketed on ebay. Was hoping to pick up Windwaker and Twilight Princess but they are way over what I want to pay. Glad I rebought Tales of Symphonia for a decent price.

The only reason I have WW again is because I found it in the $5 bin. If I ever find another, I'm gonna try and flip it. Will try and remember to look you up if I do, wouldn't mind selling it cheap to a fellow CAG (WW are pretty easy to find, though I've never seen TP). The ones I really want are Double Dash and Paper Mario, but those go for around 30 on ebay, and that's crazy IMO for a gamecube game. Anyone know if gamestop is doing their 75% off still?