Photo
* * * * * 7 votes

Your collection - post a photo - show us what'cha got!

• Please log in to reply
5632 replies to this topic

#4501 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:55 PM

Gotta say I really like the look of the NES games. They have that simple minimalistic feel. The more you show these UGC's and your printed covers, the more I wanna join and do it myself haha.

Found your post on thecoverproject. I like the pixelated characters on the front as well. Very nice idea.

Thanks!

Yeah, do it! There's something really satisfying about casing games up like this IMO. Plus, toss in a silica gel packet and you've got a great way to really help preserve your games ;)

Hm... I guess I feel the opposite way. I like the consistency of the other backgrounds, rather than having a different color for each game.

Being that these are SO minimal, I really needed to have something else to help differentiate each game from the next. Plus, it apes original NES covers in that there was no sort of template save for the original black box games.

I can totally understand people not digging it though. I got really mixed opinions on TCP (which was expected).

They kind of remind me of the Criterion Collection... I like.

Thanks! Going for more of a book-look ;)

those NES games look NIIICE!!!

Makes me wish I had a NES collection

Thank you!

Honestly, a big part of why I grabbed some NES games was so that could make covers. I've had this minimalist template floating around in my head for a while and have been just dying to put it to use :)

#4502 biblioman

biblioman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:22 PM

Guess who just hit 100 games!
See below for recent pickup list, collection's at the bottom.
Spoiler

The collection:
Posted Image
See my list!

#4503 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:34 PM

Being that these are SO minimal, I really needed to have something else to help differentiate each game from the next. Plus, it apes original NES covers in that there was no sort of template save for the original black box games.

I can totally understand people not digging it though. I got really mixed opinions on TCP (which was expected).

Well, I meant that I think it would have looked better if you stay with an overall uniformed design. Like... have have all the backgrounds be grey (NES grey... or whatever you want) and then make the text/names different colors based on the games themselves, like have "Legend of Zelda" in gold and "Super Mario Bros." in red, etc.

These actually remind me more of the old Atari boxes, due to the color/font use.

Of course, none of this is to say they look bad in any way.:D

Currently playing:
:psp: Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - :) :bomb:

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#4504 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:59 PM

I think I'm gonna order some UGCs soon.
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#4505 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:48 PM

Guess who just hit 100 games!
See below for recent pickup list, collection's at the bottom.

Spoiler

The collection:

Nice! PLanning on casing any of them up, or do you like them loose?

Well, I meant that I think it would have looked better if you stay with an overall uniformed design. Like... have have all the backgrounds be grey (NES grey... or whatever you want) and then make the text/names different colors based on the games themselves, like have "Legend of Zelda" in gold and "Super Mario Bros." in red, etc.

These actually remind me more of the old Atari boxes, due to the color/font use.

Of course, none of this is to say they look bad in any way.:D

Well the design is completely uniform, just not the color ;)

Like I was saying, it's not for everyone, and really, that's a good thing. If we all liked the exact same shit, then it'd be a pretty boring world!

I think I'm gonna order some UGCs soon.

Careful, it can be seriously addictive!

#4506 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:59 AM

Nice! PLanning on casing any of them up, or do you like them loose?

Well the design is completely uniform, just not the color ;)

Like I was saying, it's not for everyone, and really, that's a good thing. If we all liked the exact same shit, then it'd be a pretty boring world!

Careful, it can be seriously addictive!

Didnt you have a guide for UGCs? Like what kind of paper and printer etc? Thanks!

#4507 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:13 AM

I don't specifically have one of my own, but there are lots of guides and whatnot on TCP.

I personally use this paper:

Epson Enhanced Mattre Paper CHEAP

You get 2 UGCs and 3 DS cases from each sheet when trimmed down to 8.5x13 and 6x13 respectively. People often complain that the Epson paper I use is pricey, but when you do the math, it's often cheaper than the middle of the road legal-sized stuff that a lot of folks on TCP use but it's a 5 star paper ;)

My printer is nothing special. It was like 400 bucks when it came out 5 or so years ago, but you can get me for cheap on Amazon at this point.

Canon ip4300 on Amazon

Rock solid little printer and can also print on CDs/DVDs with a little tinkering (US model doesn't out of the box, but with a quick flash of the EU firmware you're good to go!)

#4508 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

I am mad scientist, it so cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:09 AM

wow, $60 for 100 sheets!:hot:
This is the incarnation of my idiot blood.

#4509 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:57 AM

I don't specifically have one of my own, but there are lots of guides and whatnot on TCP.

I personally use this paper:

Epson Enhanced Mattre Paper CHEAP

You get 2 UGCs and 3 DS cases from each sheet when trimmed down to 8.5x13 and 6x13 respectively. People often complain that the Epson paper I use is pricey, but when you do the math, it's often cheaper than the middle of the road legal-sized stuff that a lot of folks on TCP use but it's a 5 star paper ;)

My printer is nothing special. It was like 400 bucks when it came out 5 or so years ago, but you can get me for cheap on Amazon at this point.

Canon ip4300 on Amazon

Rock solid little printer and can also print on CDs/DVDs with a little tinkering (US model doesn't out of the box, but with a quick flash of the EU firmware you're good to go!)

Thanks! Oh yeah do you use scissors or a paper trimmer?

#4510 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:11 AM

Hm... I guess I feel the opposite way. I like the consistency of the other backgrounds, rather than having a different color for each game.

Most people on here would most likely agree with you. Everyone seems to have such raging hard-ons for uniformity whereas I think collections look a lot better if there's some variety in the colors. But hey, we all gotta do what makes us happy.

#4511 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:33 PM

I'm on both sides really. The rest of my cased games use a single template color scheme. My Geneiss games are super homogenized. All red spine, all white titles. In fact, the diagonal stripes on the spine are designed so that they all line up when placed together. I just gotta mix it up sometimes ;)

Posted Image

wow, $60 for 100 sheets!:hot:

Well, it's 5 star paper. Plus, think of it as 60 for 200 sheets, since that's effectively what you're getting (since each 13x19 sheet will yield 2 printouts).

Xacto knife, straight edge, cutting matte. Scissors will get you uneven edges and it'll take you forever. You can grab a .99 box cutter, use any straight edge you can find, and then a sheet of non-corrugated board to cut on if you wanna do it on the super cheap.

Edited by wiggyx, 04 April 2013 - 12:46 PM.

#4512 Mirpkered

Mirpkered

Dyslexic GAC

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:51 PM

Since I've started on my casing kick, I really prefer the guillotine style paper cutter. I have a nice one at work that I can use to do all my cutting.

#4513 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:19 PM

Yup, that's the easiest way to go, for sure! I finally picked one up about a month ago to help me get all my packaging done faster (since it's all done by hand). So helpful, but not an investment that's justifiable for everyone.

#4514 zlatour

zlatour

Shredaholic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:27 PM

Yup, that's the easiest way to go, for sure! I finally picked one up about a month ago to help me get all my packaging done faster (since it's all done by hand). So helpful, but not an investment that's justifiable for everyone.

Do you own any CIB SNES or GENESIS games?

#4515 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:16 PM

I have a LOT of CIB SNES and a few Genesis. I don't really hunt for CIB. What I have is mostly from when I was buying SNES games new. If I can get a great deal on one then I'll buy CIB, otherwise loose is preferred at this point.

#4516 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:35 PM

Most people on here would most likely agree with you. Everyone seems to have such raging hard-ons for uniformity whereas I think collections look a lot better if there's some variety in the colors. But hey, we all gotta do what makes us happy.

No, what everyone else does is wrong. Only I'm right. Me.

Paper trimmers might work for people who don't want to make that investment. I have a cheap one (~$12) from WalMart and it's pretty decent for making straight cuts. Mine is something like this one:
http://www.walmart.c...rimmer/22875643

I have a LOT of CIB SNES and a few Genesis. I don't really hunt for CIB. What I have is mostly from when I was buying SNES games new. If I can get a great deal on one then I'll buy CIB, otherwise loose is preferred at this point.

You do? I don't remember ever seeing those...:-k

Currently playing:

fyreboltx.png

#4517 dodgeme

dodgeme

Shadow the Hedgehog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:57 PM

I don't think I realized those Guillotine paper cutters were so expensive. My grandpa has quite a few from his years of working at a printing press company. Took them as they updated to newer stuff.
Posted Image

#4518 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:16 AM

Paper trimmers might work for people who don't want to make that investment. I have a cheap one (~$12) from WalMart and it's pretty decent for making straight cuts. Mine is something like this one:
http://www.walmart.c...rimmer/22875643

You do? I don't remember ever seeing those...:-k

That cutter would prolly do the job just fine for the covers :)

I don't think I ever posted pics of them here. I think I have pics of some in bins...

Yup, found an old one in my photobucket acct.

Posted Image

There are a bunch more, but the bins are buried in the storage upstairs and are sort of a PITA to get to :/

I don't think I realized those Guillotine paper cutters were so expensive. My grandpa has quite a few from his years of working at a printing press company. Took them as they updated to newer stuff.

Yeah, that's why I didn't suggest one :/ Sorta serious equipment made of a giant chunk of steel LOL!

#4519 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:52 AM

I don't think I ever posted pics of them here. I think I have pics of some in bins...

Yup, found an old one in my photobucket acct.

Posted Image

There are a bunch more, but the bins are buried in the storage upstairs and are sort of a PITA to get to :/

Damn... that's gorgeous. I wish my SNES collection looked that nice.

Currently playing:

fyreboltx.png

#4520 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:50 AM

Slowly bringing up my old school collection.

I have acquired a CIB Actraiser, FF: Mystic Quest, and Roger Rabbit :)

Too bad all ones I REALLY want are expensive as hell.

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#4521 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:02 PM

Damn... that's gorgeous. I wish my SNES collection looked that nice.

Thanks! That's me being an OCD box keeper even as a 12 year old kid :P

Slowly bringing up my old school collection.

I have acquired a CIB Actraiser, FF: Mystic Quest, and Roger Rabbit :)

Too bad all ones I REALLY want are expensive as hell.

Yeah, SNES is killer pricey anymore :(

#4522 centarian07

centarian07

Sheep Port

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:12 PM

Yes they are... I was able to buy Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy 3 complete on this site a year or so ago for like $180. And I just saw a complete CT go for over $215 on ebay recently. It's pretty crazy.

#4523 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:53 PM

Yes they are... I was able to buy Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy 3 complete on this site a year or so ago for like $180. And I just saw a complete CT go for over $215 on ebay recently. It's pretty crazy.

Yeah, I should probably count my stars that I bought some of the last year. I paid way more than you did but they're all going for a lot more now. There's still a dozen or so that I want that I put off because they weren't that expensive but even their prices are ridiculous now.

Currently playing:

fyreboltx.png

#4524 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:35 PM

I'm pretty much down to $50+ games on my must-have SNES list now. Kills me :(

#4525 Mirpkered

Mirpkered

Dyslexic GAC

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:26 PM

I'm pretty much down to $50+ games on my must-have SNES list now. Kills me :(

If you don't mind me asking, what's left on your must have list?

#4526 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:55 AM

Not at all!

I guess they're not ALL quite 50+, but pretty damned close :/

Adventures of Batman & Robin
Aero fighters
Battletoads
Battletoads & Double Dragon
Breath of Fire 2
Captain Commando
Contra 3
Demon's Crest
Double Dragon 5
EVO
Final Fight 3
Imperium
Joe & Mac 2
Lufia 1 & 2
Metal Warriors
Mr. Do
Ogre Battle
Oscar
Pocky & Rocky 1 & 2
Return of Superman
Sim City 2000
Sonic Blast Man 2
Soul Blazer
Sparkster
Sunset Riders
Super Double Dragon
Super Smash TV
Top Gear 3000
War of the Gems
Wild guns

#4527 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:09 AM

Some of those are on my list too, I need to compile what I have. I used to buy so many dupes because I didn't know what I had.

wtf.... Aero Fighters got crazy expensive.

#4528 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:18 AM

Sim City 2000 for $50? I paid like $10 2 years ago, and that was market price. I can't fathom it having gone up that much.

Edit: Lol, even my Doom complele that I paid a few bucks for is now close to $50. What's with the massive hikes?

#4529 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:20 AM

Sim City 2000 for $50? I paid like $10 2 years ago, and that was market price. I can't fathom it having gone up that much.

That's probably why he said "I guess they're not ALL quite 50+".;)

Welp... I've run out of room again. I'm cleaning things up a bit but will have some pics posted soon.

Currently playing:

fyreboltx.png

#4530 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:28 AM

^^^ yes, this.

There are others I want as well, but that's pretty much the "need" list as of now.

I'm never gonna own a copy of Aero Fighters again (sold my old copy in college) unless I find one at a garage sale or something. No way I'm paying 400+ for a loose cart. 100* is already beyond my sensibilities.