Photo
* * * * * 8 votes

Your collection - post a photo - show us what'cha got!

• Please log in to reply
5944 replies to this topic

#4831 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:58 AM

do you guys print covers with your own printers?

Yup.

I use a Canon ip4300. Can be had for relatively cheap at this point and does a great job when paired with good papers.

#4832 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:11 PM

In general, I prefer manga, but two of my favorite series (One Piece and Cowboy Bebop) are better in anime format. One Piece anime slows down to 1 episode per chapter at Fishman Island Arc though...

Kind of surprised to hear you say this. Most One Piece fans would agree unanimously that the manga is better. Personally I think the anime is flawed but still extremely enjoyable, as long as you have a fast-forward button and a tolerance for occasionally cringe-worthy animation. But it can't compare to the manga which is a true masterpiece. But hey, opinions. At least we can agree on Battlefront.
76561197996844513.png

#4833 FlyingAce39

FlyingAce39

Flyin' High Again

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:49 PM

OK guys, not a whole lot has changed as far as arrangement goes, but I found a place for my boxes for some of my consoles. Also added a new console (OG Xbox) and picked up a few games since my last update.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

660090.png 660091.png

#4834 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:50 PM

but readings for losers dont you know that? although my manga collection is tiny but random. all of hellsing(no idea why), the first naruto, sandland, a few ghost in the shell novels and probably a couple of other random things. although i do have the first 40 books of garfield lol

Garfield is awesome.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#4835 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:06 PM

Garfield is awesome.

Garfield is amazing.

#4836 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:12 PM

Garfield is amazing.

Yeah, Garfield is awesome!

Posted Image

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#4837 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:19 PM

Posted Image[/URL]

Probably shouldn't leave them all on at the same time;)

Glad I'm not the only one with a moderate collection, though it does seem a little dumb to have a gamecube with no games:lol:

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#4838 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:58 PM

Kind of surprised to hear you say this. Most One Piece fans would agree unanimously that the manga is better. Personally I think the anime is flawed but still extremely enjoyable, as long as you have a fast-forward button and a tolerance for occasionally cringe-worthy animation. But it can't compare to the manga which is a true masterpiece. But hey, opinions. At least we can agree on Battlefront.

I think the voices (original Japanese, of course) and music contribute a lot to the atmosphere of One Piece, which can only be imagined while reading the manga. And the animation quality gets much better somewhere around Thriller Bark. IMO, the series does well in keeping the epic parts epic, and the filler is actually in theme with the show, not like that "let me use the same technique without any character growth for 80 filler episodes" crap Naruto pulls. The movies are all pretty good, too:
Spoiler

Because Squarehard asked, here's my manga. Used my phone to take the pictures. I removed some so you can see that they are stacked (read: crammed) into that cheap bookshelf, all lined on the outside and shoved into the top crevices... (~220-230 volumes total, and I just bought all of Love Hina in a lowball lol)

Spoiler

Includes:

Spoiler

Then I have some 60 issues of Shonen Jump USA stored in a box in my closet.

Edited by Blade, 03 May 2013 - 10:20 PM.

Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#4839 kayne2000

kayne2000

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:24 PM

Yeah, Garfield is awesome!

Posted Image

indeed. i wish the TV cartoon would of followed the humor of the comics a lot more.

one of these days ill get the ones im missing which is any of the ones from 2005 on wards.

#4840 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:28 PM

Because Squarehard asked, here's my manga. Used my phone to take the pictures. I removed some so you can see that they are stacked (read: crammed) into that cheap bookshelf, all lined on the outside and shoved into the top crevices... (~220-230 volumes total, and I just bought all of Love Hina in a lowball lol)

Mmmmm...manga...

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#4841 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:32 PM

You need to check out School Rumble, Blade. Only Manga I own (because I loved the anime), but I think it's pretty good, and is really funny:lol:

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#4842 Olengie

Olengie

Yukari & Rise are the Best Girls.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:33 PM

Glad I'm not the only one with a moderate collection, though it does seem a little dumb to have a gamecube with no games:lol:

You should go ahead and post pictures so I can know what you have. :lol:

I think the voices (original Japanese, of course) and music contribute a lot to the atmosphere of One Piece, which can only be imagined while reading the manga. And the animation quality gets much better somewhere around Thriller Bark. IMO, the series does well in keeping the epic parts epic, and the filler is actually in theme with the show, not like that "let me use the same technique without any character growth for 80 filler episodes" crap Naruto pulls. The movies are all pretty good, too:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Includes:

Spoiler

Then I have some 60 issues of Shonen Jump USA stored in a box in my closet.

My Manga Collection is quite small, I'm more interested in Light Novels. Haha. I don't have any series completed at all. :lol: And just have the ones that catch my fancy or I can get really cheap. However, I do plan on having all the volumes of Kimikiss and Rosario + Vampire, and maybe Dance in the Vampire Bund since those are my favorites. The other one is Stand By Youth, which only has 3 Volumes before it was discontinued. (I really enjoyed that one. >:/)

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#4843 FlyingAce39

FlyingAce39

Flyin' High Again

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:27 AM

Original Xbox = On
Xbox 360 = Off
PS3 = On
PS2 = On
Gamecube = On
Wii = Off (It's lighting up is all.)

I was actually only using the PS3, but I just turned the others on for show/pictures.

As far as my Gamecube collection goes, I'm doing the best I can. I'm trying to track down AFFORDABLE complete games. I don't generally do disc-only's.#-o

660090.png 660091.png

#4844 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:10 AM

Original Xbox = On
Xbox 360 = Off
PS3 = On
PS2 = On
Gamecube = On
Wii = Off (It's lighting up is all.)

I was actually only using the PS3, but I just turned the others on for show/pictures.

As far as my Gamecube collection goes, I'm doing the best I can. I'm trying to track down AFFORDABLE complete games. I don't generally do disc-only's.#-o

haha only joshing you. I get you with the gamecube games. I've been lucky enough to store a bunch of bargains from a local store, but otherwise it's been slow going finishing off my collection. Prices have gone through the roof like crazy, which is really a shame as so many have yet to play these awesome games. If you only buy one titles, get Wind Waker. Nothing more to be said, just, get it;)

#4845 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:53 PM

If you think think that opinion is surprising...I don't like One Piece in either form. Educate yourself to this reality!

#4846 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:16 PM

If you think think that opinion is surprising...I don't like One Piece in either form. Educate yourself to this reality!

Not really surprised by that at all actually. I was specifically talking about opinions among people who do like it. And even then I think I made it pretty clear I'm not going to get riled over anyone's opinion.
Spoiler

#4847 kayne2000

kayne2000

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:46 PM

i agree one piece is terrible

#4848 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:30 AM

i agree one piece is terrible

You've both obviously only watched the dubbed version of the show. And I'm pretty sure you've never read the manga, as that would require more effort into something you didn't like...

Oh well. I generally dislike any Funimation dubs. Naruto has an intolerable English dub, and the fillers are absolutely shit and ruin anything good about the show, so to each his own.
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#4849 kayne2000

kayne2000

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:42 AM

You've both obviously only watched the dubbed version of the show. And I'm pretty sure you've never read the manga, as that would require more effort into something you didn't like...

Oh well. I generally dislike any Funimation dubs. Naruto has an intolerable English dub, and the fillers are absolutely shit and ruin anything good about the show, so to each his own.

yes but even the terribly butchered american naruto still had its charm. one piece did not.

whether id like the uncut or manga versions who knows. im not in the business for a show that is 5445645 episodes long with no end in sight last i heard. sort of why i gave up on naruto and bleach. i swear those three shows saw the entire dragoball series and said we need more episodes than that series and set out to do it. although bleach hasnt topped it im sure naruto and one piece have by now but i maybe wrong.

#4850 The Lord of Awesome

The Lord of Awesome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:19 AM

You guys know any sites that I can keep track of my game collection besides Backloggery?

#4851 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:03 AM

You guys know any sites that I can keep track of my game collection besides Backloggery?

could try here:)

http://vgcollect.com/

#4852 wasabi5858

wasabi5858

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:55 AM

wow, don't know how you guys do it, this taking pic of collection thing is certainly taxing... almost done. should be ready tonight/tomorrow morning...

#4853 wasabi5858

wasabi5858

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:34 AM

Took me a while and I keep forgetting to include stuff as I have them all over the place. Some stuff I just don't know where it is and I will note what I have.

My TV and Desk

Spoiler

Final Fantasy XIII/XIII-2 stuff (from before,)

Spoiler

Controller

Spoiler

Portables

Spoiler

Games 1 (mostly PS3)

Spoiler

Games 2 (PS2)

Spoiler

Games 3 ( Misc)

Spoiler

Games 4 (Wii + Xbox)

Spoiler

Games Portable 1

Spoiler

Games Portable 2

Spoiler

Games Portable 3

Spoiler

Blizzard CE

Spoiler

Guides and artbook etc

Spoiler

Anime, Blu and Misc.

Spoiler

Figures

Ok, we are starting to get to the meat of my "collection". I care about these way more than anything above :)

This is just what I have in my place right now. I have a lot more in storage which I may get to taking pics of someday... Also have about 20-30 various figures just about, didn't bother taking pics of them like Momohime.

Spoiler

Scaled figure 1

Spoiler

Scaled figure 2

Spoiler

Figma / nendo etc

Spoiler

Gundam (various)

Didn't bother to take pics of my Gunpla. I have lots of PG/MG/HB and my favorite, RG.

Here are some Metal Build/Metal Composite.
Spoiler

Gathering figures...

Ok, gathering are recast of garage kit you can buy in Japan which is very hard to get for us not living there since you have to know someone going to one of the fest. Oh well... I wish I can get my hands on the original, but they are so limited that I won't be able to give my money to the rightful people anyway. Anyway, I actually like them quite a bit. Very detail, much better in many cases than the machine paint of PVC figures.

Spoiler

Misc. mostly cuz I forgot...

Spoiler

My storage

I have a little space in a climate controlled public storage location to store my stuff so the figure's face won't melt.

Spoiler

This sort of leads me to the real meat of my collection since you see their boxes in the above pic....

Dollfie Dreams/pure neemo / etc

No, I do not give them personality and arrange marraige etc like Chu. They are just like supersized figma :)

Pic I took of Asuka from Evagelion. This will be the only pic you actually see it. It's safe but I understand some people are freaked out by them.
Spoiler

Edited by wasabi5858, 06 May 2013 - 08:59 AM.

#4854 dodgeme

dodgeme

Shadow the Hedgehog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:54 AM

Nice stuff man. I really like the keyboard you've got. Been meaning to get a nice gaming one sometime.
Posted Image

#4855 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:58 AM

I mean, that's a superb collection (more insane than Square's) but am I the only one who really, really hates wire racks? They make everything look so tacky...

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Valhalla Knights 3 - :-|

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#4856 wasabi5858

wasabi5858

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:59 AM

I mean, that's a superb collection (more insane than Square's) but am I the only one who really, really hates wire racks? They make everything look so tacky...

I do too. It is just easier to move. Once I am settled, I intend to have some custom wood shelving done.

and oh, I don't think any part of my game collection is really impressive. I have my interests spread too far apart. I think I do have most of the games that I want to (even remotely) play. Like most of us, I am severely limited by time thus most are still sealed.

Edited by wasabi5858, 06 May 2013 - 06:08 AM.

#4857 wasabi5858

wasabi5858

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:08 AM

Nice stuff man. I really like the keyboard you've got. Been meaning to get a nice gaming one sometime.

It is from WASD keyboard. it doesn't have all the fancy backlight etc like most "gaming keyboard" but it is mechanical and customizable. I have other gaming keyboards like the razer black widow but the wasd keyboard is so much cooler :)

#4858 LXL_Guy

LXL_Guy

Oathkeeper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:17 AM

That's insane wasabi5858...a storage unit. Impressive collection none the less.

#4859 kayne2000

kayne2000

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:42 AM

Took me a while and I keep forgetting to include stuff as I have them all over the place. Some stuff I just don't know where it is and I will note what I have.

My TV and Desk

Spoiler

Final Fantasy XIII/XIII-2 stuff (from before,)

Spoiler

Controller

Spoiler

Portables

Spoiler

Games 1 (mostly PS3)

Spoiler

Games 2 (PS2)

Spoiler

Games 3 ( Misc)

Spoiler

Games 4 (Wii + Xbox)

Spoiler

Games Portable 1

Spoiler

Games Portable 2

Spoiler

Games Portable 3

Spoiler

Blizzard CE

Spoiler

Guides and artbook etc

Spoiler

Anime, Blu and Misc.

Spoiler

Figures

Ok, we are starting to get to the meat of my "collection". I care about these way more than anything above :)

This is just what I have in my place right now. I have a lot more in storage which I may get to taking pics of someday... Also have about 20-30 various figures just about, didn't bother taking pics of them like Momohime.

Spoiler

Scaled figure 1

Spoiler

Scaled figure 2

Spoiler

Figma / nendo etc

Spoiler

Gundam (various)

Didn't bother to take pics of my Gunpla. I have lots of PG/MG/HB and my favorite, RG.

Here are some Metal Build/Metal Composite.
Spoiler

Gathering figures...

Ok, gathering are recast of garage kit you can buy in Japan which is very hard to get for us not living there since you have to know someone going to one of the fest. Oh well... I wish I can get my hands on the original, but they are so limited that I won't be able to give my money to the rightful people anyway. Anyway, I actually like them quite a bit. Very detail, much better in many cases than the machine paint of PVC figures.

Spoiler

Misc. mostly cuz I forgot...

Spoiler

My storage

I have a little space in a climate controlled public storage location to store my stuff so the figure's face won't melt.

Spoiler

This sort of leads me to the real meat of my collection since you see their boxes in the above pic....

Dollfie Dreams/pure neemo / etc

No, I do not give them personality and arrange marraige etc like Chu. They are just like supersized figma :)

Pic I took of Asuka from Evagelion. This will be the only pic you actually see it. It's safe but I understand some people are freaked out by them.
Spoiler

need moar pics of evangelion

i should ask where is that pic from anyway???

#4860 wasabi5858

wasabi5858

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:11 AM

need moar pics of evangelion

i should ask where is that pic from anyway???

All pics are mine except that link to Asuka on bike. If you are talking about the last pic, that 's Dollfie Dreams Asuka. I took the pic when I went to the Volks store and decided to take some pic around the office complex.

Pics of my DollfieDreams Asuka, do not click if you get freaked out about dolls :)

http://site.volksusa...ry-m-p-s-asuka/