Photo
* * * * * 8 votes

Your collection - post a photo - show us what'cha got!

• Please log in to reply
5967 replies to this topic

#811 tooshorty6432168

tooshorty6432168

Posted 20 December 2010 - 06:30 PM

Yea I will definitely have to once I find some more shelf space since those take up a TON more space it seems like.

#812 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2010 - 06:33 PM

They're about twice as thick as a standard dvd-sized case, yeah. Their width is comparable to an actual SNES/N64 box.

33126.png

#813 Nogib

Nogib

*squeezing* the *juice*

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:19 PM

Where'd you get those cases and artwork for them?
End of line.

#814 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:22 PM

Recently sold more then 100 games off. Just came to the conclution that I was buying games to have them, but never playing them. So here is my awesome collection now lol :roll:

Posted Image

Nice. That's my goal. I have so many games I know I bought just because they're cheap. I'm selling pretty much everything aside from maybe 5-10 games and I'm giong to try adn keep it around that number.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#815 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2010 - 08:00 PM

Where'd you get those cases and artwork for them?

http://www.thecoverproject.net/

UGCs can be somewhat hard to come by, especially since they're really only sold in bulk. I got mine from mediashelving.com:

http://www.mediashel...oduct_Code=USCG

They're often backordered though, not sure about now.

33126.png

#816 Indigo_Streetlight

Indigo_Streetlight

East Coast Scum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2010 - 04:18 AM

Those are some pretty snazzy looking cases... I should do that with my SNES/64 games...

I'm somewhat on the fence about UGCs, on the one hand they're a decent storage option if you have just cartridge and manual, but now and then I'll find Complete in Box games in the wild (which defeats the purpose of having a Universal Game Case.)

Since I don't know what my collection will mature into, my inner cheapass tells me to wait and look for other storage options. Plus chances are if a local collector falls on hard times I'll be able to get the case with a game purchase at no extra cost.
The Asylum leads the eyes of those pursued by gaming madness...

#817 TiKi2

TiKi2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2010 - 04:33 AM

I was going to do the case setup for my snes stuff a few months back, but passed on it since they no longer make the black cases.

Ash Your printer must hate you.

#818 Indigo_Streetlight

Indigo_Streetlight

East Coast Scum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2010 - 05:51 AM

I was going to do the case setup for my snes stuff a few months back, but passed on it since they no longer make the black cases.

Ash Your printer must hate you.

I have my suspicions that Office Depot is the way to go on the prints; I'd rather bring the JPEGs in on CD and pay 37 cents each than print three at home and blow out a $20 black ink cartridge.

#819 DarkRider23

DarkRider23

hates hoarders

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2010 - 09:52 AM

I have my suspicions that Office Depot is the way to go on the prints; I'd rather bring the JPEGs in on CD and pay 37 cents each than print three at home and blow out a $20 black ink cartridge.

So true. Ink Jets seem to bleed ink onto the paper. I think I printed something like 12 4"x6" pictures at medium DPI once and my color inkjet cartridge was running low. It is absolutely ridiculous.

#820 Ash Burton

Ash Burton

Hail to the King, Baby

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2010 - 06:34 PM

Correct. I went to Staples.

#821 Gears24

Gears24

Posted 31 December 2010 - 02:35 AM

bump

#822 CaptainKirk

CaptainKirk

Posted 31 December 2010 - 06:13 AM

ha I was going to bump because no one posted in a while

#823 StripesOrBars

StripesOrBars

Posted 31 December 2010 - 08:40 AM

in 10 years youll most likely regret selling all the games you have/had now(unless they were all 360).

i know i did.

i had a job in 8th grade and i stayed buying games weekly(getting cash at the end of every night plus a check every friday in 8th grade with absolutely nothing to spend your money on but games and weed is pretty sweet).

i eventually traded the majority to different Game Stop type stores(babages, EB, FYE at the time) for the same reason you did.

ugh, so many games i wish i woulda kept(a few ps1 and snes games come to mind).

i still have a few ps1 games that have price stickers on em too(persona 2 $30 EB, ha).

(by the way gc/xbox came out like 9th grade year for me, ps2 8th grade)

Posted ImagePosted Image

#824 Edwin29

Edwin29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2011 - 03:49 PM

in 10 years youll most likely regret selling all the games you have/had now(unless they were all 360).

i know i did.

i had a job in 8th grade and i stayed buying games weekly(getting cash at the end of every night plus a check every friday in 8th grade with absolutely nothing to spend your money on but games and weed is pretty sweet).

i eventually traded the majority to different Game Stop type stores(babages, EB, FYE at the time) for the same reason you did.

ugh, so many games i wish i woulda kept(a few ps1 and snes games come to mind).

i still have a few ps1 games that have price stickers on em too(persona 2 $30 EB, ha).

(by the way gc/xbox came out like 9th grade year for me, ps2 8th grade)

1 - go back in time
2 - buy 10 copies of every PS1 - SNES RPG when they were cheap
3 - come back to 2011
4 - profit

:D

#825 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2011 - 03:53 PM

I'm somewhat on the fence about UGCs, on the one hand they're a decent storage option if you have just cartridge and manual, but now and then I'll find Complete in Box games in the wild (which defeats the purpose of having a Universal Game Case.)

Since I don't know what my collection will mature into, my inner cheapass tells me to wait and look for other storage options. Plus chances are if a local collector falls on hard times I'll be able to get the case with a game purchase at no extra cost.

I know this post is from a couple weeks ago, but oh well..

SNES and N64 boxes don't look terrible at all on the shelf next to UGCs since they're around the same size, so it's not an either/or thing:

http://www.cheapassg...pictureid=15665

33126.png

#826 StripesOrBars

StripesOrBars

Posted 02 January 2011 - 09:35 PM

wow.

those boxes are not for me.

they do look really cool though.

also, my time machine isnt finished yet Edwin.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#827 Indigo_Streetlight

Indigo_Streetlight

East Coast Scum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2011 - 10:55 PM

I know this post is from a couple weeks ago, but oh well..

SNES and N64 boxes don't look terrible at all on the shelf next to UGCs since they're around the same size, so it's not an either/or thing:

That's okay, my lurking powers are strong!

You're right, the boxes and UGCs do look okay together for display purposes. The only thing--I hate to say it--is that I'm starting to get paranoid about things like DUST. With UGCs and Playstation cases you can always switch them out if they get too gnarly-looking due to exposure from the elements. On the other hand, a fresh-looking SNES box can be hard to replace. For now I'll be keeping my boxes within other boxes...

#828 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 02 January 2011 - 11:11 PM

1 - go back in time
3 - come back to 2011
4 - profit

Correction in step 2:

2 - buy EVERY copy you can find of modern high value PS1, SNES, NES etc. RPGs and other rarities when they were cheap. Also buy prime real estate, stocks, antiques, paintings, etc. at their cheapest. Buy low sell high.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#829 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2011 - 11:22 PM

The only thing--I hate to say it--is that I'm starting to get paranoid about things like DUST. With UGCs and Playstation cases you can always switch them out if they get too gnarly-looking due to exposure from the elements. On the other hand, a fresh-looking SNES box can be hard to replace. For now I'll be keeping my boxes within other boxes...

What kind of toxic dust do you have that causes SNES boxes to become gnarly? ;) Seriously, though, I understand what you're saying.

I like seeing the pictures here for inspiration. When I get around to it, I'm going to put my Saturn and Sega CD games in custom DVD cases and put all my original cases in a box in storage. I swear those things crack just by looking at them.
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#830 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2011 - 05:22 AM

Correction in step 2:

2 - buy EVERY copy you can find of modern high value PS1, SNES, NES etc. RPGs and other rarities when they were cheap. Also buy prime real estate, stocks, antiques, paintings, etc. at their cheapest. Buy low sell high.

You must also use coins from that time period or they will know you are from the future!

#831 Indigo_Streetlight

Indigo_Streetlight

East Coast Scum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2011 - 05:52 AM

What kind of toxic dust do you have that causes SNES boxes to become gnarly? ;) Seriously, though, I understand what you're saying.

I like seeing the pictures here for inspiration. When I get around to it, I'm going to put my Saturn and Sega CD games in custom DVD cases and put all my original cases in a box in storage. I swear those things crack just by looking at them.

My father's house was filled to the brim with antique radios, old and disintegrating bookstuffs, piles of newspapers, etc. There was even dust on toy cars and figures inside the china cabinet, dust in the joints, ugh...there was just so many collectibles I had to toss due to dust damage, mildew damage, being in the attic with rats and temperature change damage.

I used to have HESS trucks in box up on my shelf for a number of years; I swear they each started getting this brown horizontal line across the top... the life-bringing sun only brought death to them. Now the only game-related items I have up on my bookshelf are two PC large boxes, FAR from the window, and getting dry washcloth wipe-downs monthly.

Btw, what do you think about having a game storage chant? XD

* * * Rotation * * *
* * * Protection * * *
* * * Mastery * * *

#832 Indigo_Streetlight

Indigo_Streetlight

East Coast Scum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2011 - 06:01 AM

You must also use coins from that time period or they will know you are from the future!

Sealed copies of Valkyrie Profile for $28...I saw them...I remember them being everywhere :drool: It sort of goes with this dream sequence where I'm at a college flea market and see Final Fantasy 7 for $7 and I'm laughing in slow-motion, saying that won't be worth anything because they made millions of copies. Then I walk over to a table and buy a small case of cassettes for $20.

#833 iKilledChewbacca

iKilledChewbacca

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 03 January 2011 - 06:55 AM

Damn that is the absolute BIGGEST picture I have EVER seen !!! Please for God's sake make it smaller

EDIT: lol nevermind.

#834 henrylin22

henrylin22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2011 - 08:42 AM

Alright, so i'm a mostly PC gamer (recently iPod gaming :D) so here's most of my stuff. Most of my games are digital via STEAM or Direct2Drive, steam account has about 250 games, EA has 30 and Direct2Drive has about 80. Proud to say I have never pirated a game in my entire life. Just saved up enough cash for a new gaming pc, parts will arrive tomorrow. Will post pics. :)

PC Games
Spoiler

More PC Games
Spoiler

Even more
Spoiler

And more...
Spoiler

And more....
Spoiler

And more.....
Spoiler

Jewel Case Stuff
Spoiler

Olde stuff
Spoiler

More
Spoiler

Baldur's Gate(got all this for $21)
Spoiler

Got this lot of ebay for $11
Spoiler

Free from OnLive
Spoiler

PSP
Spoiler

Gamecube
Spoiler

Man Cave
Spoiler

iPods(images kinda bad, taken with my backup ipod)
Spoiler

#835 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 03 January 2011 - 07:24 PM

LOL indeed. I forgot to mention that. Basically, you should go back with a pile of gold/silver (preferably bought/pilfered from an even earlier era) and change that into the currency of that time period. Of course if time travel were really a viable option, there would be far greater goals than buying up all the collectibles etc. our little hearts desired...mainly world domination, control of the central banks, etc. but I digress.

I dig the repro-label/coverproject UGC's even when mixed with complete boxed games, although I'd rather keep the complete boxed games for display purposes only, and not mixed in with the UGCs for everyday play/wear. I ended up using the cover project to get inserts for tons of GBA and GBC/original GB games that I had and put them in DS cases, just to align everything. Very cool having uniform Fire Emblems, Zelda GB/GBC/GBA/DS games etc.

Sealed copies of Valkyrie Profile for $28...I saw them...I remember them being everywhere :drool: It sort of goes with this dream sequence where I'm at a college flea market and see Final Fantasy 7 for $7 and I'm laughing in slow-motion, saying that won't be worth anything because they made millions of copies. Then I walk over to a table and buy a small case of cassettes for $20.

FLOL, I've had some pretty vivid dreams where I'm at some random stores that are selling classic stuff, games toys comics etc. from my childhood for insanely cheap, and I'm just buying out the entire store just CRAZY excited, holding bags and bags of loot running to the car laughing like a madman...then I wake up choking a couple pillows wedged under each arm :-(

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#836 lmz00

lmz00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2011 - 08:42 PM

I've had dreams like those, too. I'll be at a store like Walmart and find sealed SNES stuff hidden in a corner and get all excited. Then wake up disappointed. :[

#837 dan13l858

dan13l858

R.I.P. Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2011 - 10:36 PM

1 - go back in time
3 - come back to 2011
4 - profit

You guys have it all wrong. I would go back in time and buy every Neo Geo USA AES game. I would finish my Neo Geo Aes collection and then i can retire. Also, your uncommon Neo Geo USA AES game is pretty much worth more than your rarest PS1 RPG game.

#838 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 03 January 2011 - 11:55 PM

You guys have it all wrong. I would go back in time and buy every Neo Geo USA AES game. I would finish my Neo Geo Aes collection and then i can retire. Also, your uncommon Neo Geo USA AES game is pretty much worth more than your rarest PS1 RPG game.

I see your Neo geo US AES games and raise you a full boat of Stadium Events (sealed). LOL could you imagine? Tracking down every store that was shipped the US Bandai release and buying every copy before they could get recalled?

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#839 S0DA POPINSKI

S0DA POPINSKI

Cagasaurus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2011 - 05:01 AM

Posted Image

Still liking my mini-collection. Need to get a fighting game and I think I'm good to go ;)

Edit: My copy of Super Mario All Stars is tucked away ;)

Looking for Complete and Very Good - Mint Original Xbox games and Accessories. Please take a look at my list for trades :)

http://www.cheapassg...-original-xbox/

#840 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 04 January 2011 - 05:09 AM

Still liking my mini-collection. Need to get a fighting game and I think I'm good to go ;)

Edit: My copy of Super Mario All Stars is tucked away ;)

DOH! Monster pic.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif