Penny Arcade: On the Rain-slick Precipice of Darkness Eps 1 and 2 - $5 each on steam

RustyMune

CAGiversary!
Down from it's price of $14.99- or 1200 Xbox points, Steam is now selling each game from the famous webcomic of the same name for only 5 bucks.

pa.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/browse/under5 - numbers 6 and 7 on the list.

Do battle with such nasty nefarious no-gooders as the Fruit fucker and Deepcrows!

I missed out on the Trine deal, so I made sure I bought this the second I saw it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to make it clear, this isn't a sale, it's a permanent pricedrop, so, if it makes a difference to anyone, there is no rush on this.

i was gonna post this a few hours ago, but decided since it was a price drop not to. hopefully it follows on xbox live. i really want it there.

Hell YES :D... I was waiting for episode 2 to go on sale during their December sale, but it never did... Thanks OP!

Just a warning: The game is episodic and the last two episodes have not been released yet - and might never be released.

Awesome game though from what i played played - the demo

[quote name='aeri']Just a warning: The game is episodic and the last two episodes have not been released yet - and might never be released.

Awesome game though from what i played played - the demo[/QUOTE]

Any idea on why 3 & 4 might not get released?

because they were supposed to be monthly episodes, then quarterly, and now they've been delayed for like 2 years.

and gabe & tycho won't comment about them except once to say "you'll understand why when they finally come out"

edit: still, gonna grab ep2 at that price. $20 was way too much

Damn. Would buy the second but I don't think I have my savegame from the first one and I definitely don't want to play it again.

damn it all steam...they're dropping prices on everything..Fear 2 is down to $20 and Sacred 2 (took forever for this) is down to $30...still not my sweetspot and I already have Fear 2 from Target clearance ($10...score). Bastards keep wanting to rape my wallet :(

[quote name='FiendCameron'] hopefully it follows on xbox live. i really want it there.[/QUOTE]

Same, fingers crossed.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Just to make it clear, this isn't a sale, it's a permanent pricedrop, so, if it makes a difference to anyone, there is no rush on this.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't rush anyway, they're terrible games.

I already own them on Mac, but would buy them again at that price on the 360.

No chance in hell Episodes 3 & 4 come out, although I do not rule out some enthusiastic Penny Arcade fan with too much time and talent doing a homebrew version or strategy RPG that in some ways is better than the originals just to prove a point of some kind. They almost did it with cardboard tube samurai.

I will buy these in a minute as soon as they drop for consoles. Tried the demo and it was really interesting, just thought it was too expensive..

about time

Steam had been charging $20 for Ep1 forever now while it was $15 everywhere else

$5 is even better :D enough reason for me to rebuy them on Steam after already owning on Impulse

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Just to make it clear, this isn't a sale, it's a permanent pricedrop, so, if it makes a difference to anyone, there is no rush on this.[/QUOTE]
How do we know this is permanent?

holy turducken! i played the demo on xbox and thought it was interesting but not enough to drop 15 on......5 now we're talking! nice post

Gah. Bought both Ep1&2 long ago for $15 each and they're still buried in my backlog. If it hits $5 each on 360, I may have to buy it there as well.

EDIT: OK, well, they were gifted to me when they were $15 each. Wasn't my money, but still...

[quote name='vherub']so if you play through 1 and 2, is it going to be disappointing to not have an ending?[/QUOTE]
Nah, it's meant to be episodic, so everything wraps up okay. The battle system is pretty clunky, but they're worth $5 each for the humor. If you dig PA, you'll probably enjoy yourself.

FINALLY! Bought Episode 1 when it came out and decided to wait for an under $10 price for Episode 2. Fun games though! I played the first one in one sitting (about 5-6 hours).

bread's done
Back