Photo
* * * * - 26 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

• Please log in to reply
13414 replies to this topic

#3031 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:59 AM

This is going to be deleted anyway because the thread was cleaned, buuuut:

The US was built on Christian principles. With that in mind, this makes a fair amount of sense. Other countries are built on other principles, and that's perfectly fine. Also, the man/woman definition has nothing to do with why polygamy is illegal. After all, polygamy could be man/woman/woman/woman, eh? Gays can get all the marriage rights they want, polygamy is still not going to be legal. Why is that specific instance even being brought up by you so often? Can you not decide between two potential spouses and this is how it manifests? =P

The U.S. also supposedly allows for freedom of religion and supposedly believes in the separation between religion and state. At least, that was the idea.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#3032 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:07 AM

Separation of church and state refers to the church not running the government. That doesn't mean that the people that make the laws must all be atheist and agnostic, so that those things don't make their way in. lol

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#3033 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:13 AM

My post about $100 CE's was legit, why was it deleted?

#3034 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:14 AM

Separation of church and state refers to the church not running the government. That doesn't mean that the people that make the laws must all be atheist and agnostic, so that those things don't make their way in. lol

It means we don't make laws based on religious beliefs/arguments.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#3035 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:21 AM

It really specifically means that the church is not running the government. People take that term to mean all sorts of things to be used in arguments, but it specifically refers to the church not running the government.

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

#3036 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:24 AM

My post about $100 CE's was legit, why was it deleted?

Idk. But they do have a CE without figures for a reasonable price. The legitimate Nendoroid Petites is worth it for collectors.

#3037 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:34 AM

Damnit. Anyone got their Code of Princess in yet? I got a padded envelope in today and to my dread it had code of princess in. With the cover ripped and smashed to hell.

I think im just going to stop buying from Amazon. Their only bonus was lack of tax ans they dont even have that anymore. I dont know what their problem is but they have been shipping collectors editions in completely inadequate packaging far too often lately.

^_^x KD
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#3038 orcishlad

orcishlad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:43 AM

Damnit. Anyone got their Code of Princess in yet? I got a padded envelope in today and to my dread it had code of princess in. With the cover ripped and smashed to hell.

I think im just going to stop buying from Amazon. Their only bonus was lack of tax ans they dont even have that anymore. I dont know what their problem is but they have been shipping collectors editions in completely inadequate packaging far too often lately.

^_^x KD

I got my copy today from Newegg, which also came in a padded envelope. Luckily it was perfectly fine.

#3039 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:51 AM

I got my copy today from Newegg, which also came in a padded envelope. Luckily it was perfectly fine.

Mine came yesterday from Newegg. It looked like an elephant stepped on it*.

*Ok, it wasn't that bad, but it was creased on all four sides. I fired them off an email yesterday about a replacement, but I've heard nothing back yet. It was actually crushed enough that the sticker sealing the box is flapping around.

#3040 keine

keine

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:53 AM

I had the same exact experience. The only noticeable imperfection was that the tape on one side lost its adhesiveness.

I fired them off an email yesterday about a replacement, but I've heard nothing back yet.

It would probably be quicker and easier to just contact customer service via their telephone number.
Posted Image "I want me some glory hole." -The Great Jerry Jones

#3041 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:06 AM

Idk. But they do have a CE without figures for a reasonable price. The legitimate Nendoroid Petites is worth it for collectors.

Where? I only see Standard Edition for $50 and it has soundtrack, but no artbook, and $100 one with everything

#3042 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:08 AM

Where? I only see Standard Edition for $50 and it has soundtrack, but no artbook, and $100 one with everything

http://store.nisamer...Limited-Edition

#3043 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:28 AM

Anybody that's ordering a boxed game from Newegg with a discount should order a spare from Gamestop. That way you get a copy in perfect condition (Gamestop packs things brilliantly) and you can return the beat up one to Gamestop. If you don't agree with it, don't do it, but it certainly works well for me.

#3044 Ragnorok64

Ragnorok64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:34 AM

Ragnorok64-

I think the plotline for Etrian Odyssey IV has to do with selectively imposing one's own hypocritical values on another group while at the same time scapegoating that group for personal deviant inadequacies and emotional baggage.

And there will be mapping.

That didn't really answer anything for me. I tried google and came up with nothing as well.

As far as my Code of Princess, I ordered from New Egg. It came in a padded envelope but it was fine.

#3045 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:35 AM

Didnt see it posted, but according to Xseed Ragnarok Oddysey has a confirmed release date on the 30th now.

http://www.joystiq.c...-on-october-30/

I stopped by Gamestop earlier and pre-ordered the Collectors Edition. Also on a side note, I still cant decide if I want Mugen Soul's or not....
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3046 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:37 AM

Anybody that's ordering a boxed game from Newegg with a discount should order a spare from Gamestop. That way you get a copy in perfect condition (Gamestop packs things brilliantly) and you can return the beat up one to Gamestop. If you don't agree with it, don't do it, but it certainly works well for me.

The only problem with that plan is that unless you get free shipping on the copy from Gamestop.com, you won't get the shipping cost refunded; trust me, I know. :-#

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Rogue Legacy
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/28]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Extreme] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#3047 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:25 AM

Saver still works for me most of the time.

#3048 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:30 AM

It's hard to say. I'm guessing it will NOT be a low print, because of the stupid censor backlash everyone is in an uproar over. I, however, will be getting it regardless.

hmm well thanks for the reply at least someone tried to answer lol.

basically this and as paul ryan and joe biden said in the debate tonight someones religion will always influence them. and this is true but again let us stress the point this basically means the pope or any other head of church cannot run the government unless elected by the people as the president....even then that is only 1/3 of the power at least thats how it should be though thats not how it is now. of course the separation of church and state isnt actually found in the constitution as least not worded directly it is an implied concept brought about by the entire constitution itself more specifically the first amendment.

#3049 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:38 AM

http://store.nisamer...Limited-Edition

I completely forgot about this game. I was at Gamestop yesterday as well! I kind of want this game just because of the controversy.

#3050 AFC

AFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:05 AM

Does anyone know how large XSeed's print runs usually are for CE's? I have the Ragnarok Odyssey Mercenary Edition pre-ordered at Newegg right now, but I see that it's still in stock at Gamestop, Amazon, and Newegg. If there's going to be a decent amount of copies floating around, I might just cancel and hold off for a $30 price point.

#3051 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:24 AM

Does anyone know how large XSeed's print runs usually are for CE's? I have the Ragnarok Odyssey Mercenary Edition pre-ordered at Newegg right now, but I see that it's still in stock at Gamestop, Amazon, and Newegg. If there's going to be a decent amount of copies floating around, I might just cancel and hold off for a $30 price point.

Thats kinda a tough one. Some of them droped in price pretty good (solotobro and some of the Y's ones hit about 20 bucks i think) and others dont really drop that much. I think Y's I+II collectors edition is kinda expensive new these days, and some of their regular games like Avalon code go for a decent ammount sealed.

Kinda a gamble if you want to throw the dice, but it seems more often than not they do drop in price. This may be one of the games that dont though so its really up to you on if you want to bet on that or not. I got it when they had the $15 off promo at newegg so im all set. I dont even own a vita, hah.

^_^x KD
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#3052 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:28 PM

Well IGN gave Mugen Souls a 3.9. Good thing I cancelled my preorder.

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#3053 sterlingice

sterlingice

Former KS Deal Lackey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:34 PM

I completely forgot about this game. I was at Gamestop yesterday as well! I kind of want this game just because of the controversy.

Controversy?

SI

#3054 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:42 PM

Doesn't IGN always rate NISA games really low? I wouldn't pay attention to that if you usually like NISA games. I cancelled my preorder too though. Not for that reason, but going by the level readings on their site, the CE doesn't seem to be flying off the shelves so ill pick it up later in hopes of price drop by then.

#3055 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:46 PM

Well IGN

stopped reading there

#3056 Yggy87

Yggy87

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:07 PM

IGN's reviews are a pretty bad representative of all games that are not sports or shooters. It's clear that the reviewer was not the demographic that this game is for, which is basically everyone who has posted in this thread.

Some people are good at games like this, and some are not. I suck at shooters, while my roommate is pretty good. On the other hand, I was letting my roommate play with my FF Tactics for the first time ever, and it was really tough to watch him play. A guy who plays only a little bit of every game will not be able to give this game a full review. If Disgaea's post-story gameplay is any indication (main story = 25% vs. post game = 75%), then Mugen Souls will have massive replay value for those who are used to games like this, and will get over the "crappy visuals" and "deep and complex systems" this game offers.

In my opinion, this game is for those who think that a game like Dyad should not get a higher score on Metacritic (83) than Disgaea 4 (80).

#3057 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:12 PM

stopped reading there

haha yeah. But I didn't have really high hopes for this game in the first place. I may pick it up at like $15 if it drops that far.

Playing:
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#3058 C_A

C_A

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:58 PM

Have a damn opinion, man! Could've at least rented the game. Game$pot gave Wild Arms 2 a 5.4/10, but did that stop me from liking the game a ton? Hell no. Didn't one guy in EGM give Final Fantasy III (6j) for SNES a freakin 6.0 when the game came out? Scores are completely useless when it comes to video games, where average is 8.8 and garbage is 7.0. Mugen Souls looks like one of those either "love it or hate it" games, with scores as low as 1/5 and two scores of 86 and 87/100 and one 7/10.

I can't STAND Wild Arms 4, and IGN gave it a 7.8. I think the Xbox 360 version of Sonic Unleashed is tolerable, but the Wii version is a piece of crap. What does IGN say? Xbox 360, 4.5/10. Wii, 7.2/10. What the entire hell.

tl;dr Don't ever trust a score from IGN, or any other site for that matter, unless there's a huge consensus on metacritic or gamerankings that it's just a giant turd like Haze or Ninja Gaiden 3 any other "next AAA title" that every stupid child flamed critics over for daring to give a low score to on a game that wasn't even released to the public yet. Canceling a preorder because of IGNorant makes you no better than them.

#3059 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:07 PM

Have a damn opinion, man! Could've at least rented the game. Game$pot gave Wild Arms 2 a 5.4/10, but did that stop me from liking the game a ton? Hell no. Didn't one guy in EGM give Final Fantasy III (6j) for SNES a freakin 6.0 when the game came out? Scores are completely useless when it comes to video games, where average is 8.8 and garbage is 7.0. Mugen Souls looks like one of those either "love it or hate it" games, with scores as low as 1/5 and two scores of 86 and 87/100 and one 7/10.

I can't STAND Wild Arms 4, and IGN gave it a 7.8. I think the Xbox 360 version of Sonic Unleashed is tolerable, but the Wii version is a piece of crap. What does IGN say? Xbox 360, 4.5/10. Wii, 7.2/10. What the entire hell.

tl;dr Don't ever trust a score from IGN, or any other site for that matter, unless there's a huge consensus on metacritic or gamerankings that it's just a giant turd like Haze or Ninja Gaiden 3 any other "next AAA title" that every stupid child flamed critics over for daring to give a low score to on a game that wasn't even released to the public yet. Canceling a preorder because of IGNorant makes you no better than them.

Well to be honest I cancelled my preorder like a month ago, and the review just made me glad I didn't get it. I know sometimes reviews can be unfair but I thought this game would be much better then it was reviewed. Especially the technical aspects brought up in the review.

Playing:
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#3060 Dark_Sage

Dark_Sage

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:30 PM

IGN sucks, sure, but let's save the venom for a game that's actually good and gets an unfair rep.