Photo
* * * * - 34 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

• Please log in to reply
15320 replies to this topic

#3181 orcishlad

orcishlad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:41 PM

I got my copy of Ragnarok Odyssey from Newegg today. Standard edition, came in a big box. :lol:

#3182 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:24 AM

Got my Mercenary edition in. Not happy.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3183 Elmacanon

Elmacanon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:23 AM

Mine is still "Packaging", been like that since morning. WTF Newegg, does it takes 1 full day to package it? Get your shit together.

#3184 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:26 AM

My Mercenary Edition also came damaged. I knew this would happen, though, and my Gamestop copy, which will come in a box, will come in on Monday or Tuesday. Problem solved!

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#3185 morrodox

morrodox

Hedonistic Iconoclast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:02 PM

Ouch. That is painful to look at. Hope you're complaining to NewEgg and sending it back for a replacement.

I used a gift card and got it at GameStop, just so I could examine the box condition before I bought. Just had too many experiences like yours with NewEgg and Amazon, so I've decided the tax is worth avoiding the aggravation.

#3186 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:56 PM

Man I really hope mine doesn't come like that. It just shipped from New Jersey so that's why it was probably delayed.
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#3187 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:56 PM

Ouch. That is painful to look at. Hope you're complaining to NewEgg and sending it back for a replacement.

Yep, they authorized an RMA and a label this morning.

#3188 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:50 PM

Yep, they authorized an RMA and a label this morning.

I hope you didn't agree to a replacement as that will likely be shipped in a bubble mailer as well. They are not only as bad as Amazon with replacements, but I have actually gotten things shipped even more poorly the second time (i.e. the first game came in a bubble mailer and the replacement came in a vinyl pouch with zero bubbles or padding at all).

#3189 Donkey132

Donkey132

OldSchool

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:18 PM

I got my copy of Ragnarok Odyssey from Newegg today. Standard edition, came in a big box. :lol:

lol same here. The copy of AC:Liberation I got was in a bubble mailer, but Ragnarok was in a big ol box by itself.

#3190 symphony_noir

symphony_noir

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:03 AM

Code of Princess for 3DS (Atlus) is down to $31.99 on Newegg: http://www.newegg.co...N82E16878116055

I don't know how rare it is, but I know that I haven't been able to find it in the 5 retail stores I went into, and on other forums, it seems to be the same deal for other people that have been looking for it. I figured that with the CD and the art book, 32 bucks is a pretty solid deal on a game that may become fairly difficult to find soon. Anyone played it yet? I can't wait for an excuse to dust off the ol' 3DS!

#3191 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:27 AM

Code of Princess for 3DS (Atlus) is down to $31.99 on Newegg: http://www.newegg.co...N82E16878116055

I don't know how rare it is, but I know that I haven't been able to find it in the 5 retail stores I went into, and on other forums, it seems to be the same deal for other people that have been looking for it. I figured that with the CD and the art book, 32 bucks is a pretty solid deal on a game that may become fairly difficult to find soon. Anyone played it yet? I can't wait for an excuse to dust off the ol' 3DS!

I don't necessarily want to scare people off, but CoP disappointed me with its repetitive combat, uninteresting story, and lackluster humor; it got to the point where I would have to force myself to play it. I got it from Newegg for $29.99 through a preorder promotion and I traded it in to BBY today for $21 after bonuses; I'm happy to keep the artbook and CD for $9.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Velocity 2X

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/31]: :vita: Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus (4.25/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#3192 mrbomb

mrbomb

A Tasty Classic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:55 AM

I don't necessarily want to scare people off, but CoP disappointed me with its repetitive combat, uninteresting story, and lackluster humor; it got to the point where I would have to force myself to play it. I got it from Newegg for $29.99 through a preorder promotion and I traded it in to BBY today for $21 after bonuses; I'm happy to keep the artbook and CD for $9.

Forcing yourself to play a game blows but I thought it was pretty fun. Only thing I was bummed about was the slowdown but playing 4 player coop is a crazy time, so much happening at once. For anybody on the fence if you liked Guardian Heroes you would definitely like this game. Online is great too and didn't have any lag issues (its also surprisingly active). I'm actually still trying to get through campaign and/or level up the main characters, if anybody wants to play online with me just shoot me a pm.
Posted Image

#3193 option.iv

option.iv

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:58 PM

Sine Mora (PC/Steam) is now even cheaper @ GMG. Dropped to $8.99 and with the 25% off coupon/voucher, it's $6.75

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=299254

test.gif

#3194 Nailbunny

Nailbunny

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:10 PM

Sheesh. Newegg sent Ragnarok from New Jersey via DHL. Had they sent it directly with USPS, it would have made its way across the state border to my mailbox by now.

#3195 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:27 PM

Sheesh. Newegg sent Ragnarok from New Jersey via DHL. Had they sent it directly with USPS, it would have made its way across the state border to my mailbox by now.

Same here. It should get here by Tuesday, but I wouldn't be surprised if I don't get it till the end of the week at the rate it's moving.
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#3196 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:33 PM

I will always call CoP "Diet Guardian Heroes: Missing the Point Edition." The voice acting is amazing even if the writing is middling. Music is fantastic. But that's the best praise I can give. The combat takes the basics of Guardian Heroes and never goes to the crazy ends that GH went. Everything feels tame and boring. Without spectacle, GH is worthless. CoP doesn't work.

I'd be willing to offload my copy if you folks are interested.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#3197 Edzo04

Edzo04

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:35 PM

My Merc Edition is coming from newegg since I got it for 38 dollars. I hope it isn't destroyed but im sure it will be and then ill be sending it back.

#3198 lutz

lutz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:14 AM

I will always call CoP "Diet Guardian Heroes: Missing the Point Edition." The voice acting is amazing even if the writing is middling. Music is fantastic. But that's the best praise I can give. The combat takes the basics of Guardian Heroes and never goes to the crazy ends that GH went. Everything feels tame and boring. Without spectacle, GH is worthless. CoP doesn't work.

I'd be willing to offload my copy if you folks are interested.

I agree with you man. It's no Guardian Heroes. I feel like I got a much better deal with GH HD on XBLA for $10 over this game. It's like they took all the variety out of the game and called it a successor. The only thing this game did better then GH was the voice acting...

#3199 hubb

hubb

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:11 AM

Sine Mora (PC/Steam) ...

Thanks for the heads up; got it for $2~ with credit.

#3200 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:59 AM

Ragnarok came in a bubble mailer and the box was all bent out of shape as well. RMA authorized from Newegg and I asked them to place a note to pack in a box. Fingers crossed this time.

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Dragon Fantasy book 2, :3ds: Link's Awakening, :360: DDP SDOJ, :ps3: Rocksmith 2014, :ps4: Dynasty Warriors 8

#3201 zulux21

zulux21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:47 AM

I agree with you man. It's no Guardian Heroes. I feel like I got a much better deal with GH HD on XBLA for $10 over this game. It's like they took all the variety out of the game and called it a successor. The only thing this game did better then GH was the voice acting...

since it was brought up it should be noted the Guardian Heroes is part of the Gold Weekly sales starting this week so starting nov 6th it will be half off at 400 points of $5 instead.

#3202 SeanAmI

SeanAmI

No you cannot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:28 AM

Every Boxed game I have ever ordered from New Egg has been crushed. The just throw it in the box and put paper on top of it so the bottom gets crushed. I would recommend never ordering special editions from them.

#3203 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:51 AM

Not sure if its considered japanese niche, but just bought Lord of Apocalypse for Vita. So far so good.

#3204 3GSid

3GSid

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:59 AM

Enjoying Ragnarok so far pretty good, especially for the fact I got it for free with that promotion with the Sony Card prior haha.

And man....I was excited when they announced Tales of Hearts R........for Japan. Wish they would localize both Innocence R and the upcoming Hearts. That or I could brushed up on some Japanese

My Completed Anime List

http://myanimelist.n...tatus=2&order=4                      

Want 20% off brand new games? I can help you! Check my thread for details!

http://www.cheapassg...ion-animemanga/

#3205 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:01 AM

Every Boxed game I have ever ordered from New Egg has been crushed. The just throw it in the box and put paper on top of it so the bottom gets crushed. I would recommend never ordering special editions from them.

My Mercenaries Edition came in pristine condition from NewEgg. I have yet to have any complaints for them what-so-ever.

#3206 morrodox

morrodox

Hedonistic Iconoclast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:57 PM

Not sure if its considered japanese niche, but just bought Lord of Apocalypse for Vita. So far so good.

How English-friendly is it?

#3207 AFC

AFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:49 PM

Amazon has Akai Katana on sale for $14.99. I'm pretty sure this is the lowest price it's been so far. Any opinions on if the game's worth it if I'm not that into shmups?

http://www.amazon.co...rds=akai katana

#3208 Soma_Cruz

Soma_Cruz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:54 PM

Amazon has Akai Katana on sale for $14.99. I'm pretty sure this is the lowest price it's been so far. Any opinions on if the game's worth it if I'm not that into shmups?

http://www.amazon.co...rds=akai katana

I would say if you're not into shmups, there's no point in buying it.

#3209 AFC

AFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:14 PM

I would say if you're not into shmups, there's no point in buying it.

Okay, thanks. Thought I had heard that there were some gameplay tweaks that made it a bit different from most shmups, but my backlog thanks you :)

Hopefully, someone's interested.

#3210 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:03 PM

All cave shmups have slightly different systems, but they're all still shmups.