Photo
* * * * - 25 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

• Please log in to reply
13387 replies to this topic

#3301 Slermy

Slermy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:46 AM

Akai Katana is a bullet hell shooter by Cave. Very good and very much worth the money if you like "shmups".

#3302 Midori Monkey

Midori Monkey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:04 AM

Akai Katana is a quality shmup imo. But I think Gamestop has it for 9.99... that's what I just bought it for last week, even tho the sticker still said like 29.99 or something.
Posted Image

#3303 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:07 AM

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how long Aksys takes to ship?

Currently playing:

:3ds: Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds - :) 
:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#3304 ケネディ (KNDY)

ケネディ (KNDY)

Fan of Japanese Import Games!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:42 AM

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how long Aksys takes to ship?

It took about a week I think. They were delivered via USPS if I recall and I received them quickly. Also, very good customer service.

Akai Katana is a quality shmup imo. But I think Gamestop has it for 9.99... that's what I just bought it for last week, even tho the sticker still said like 29.99 or something.

Thanks! Gamestop shows at $24.99 new and $9.99 used. But I'll stop by there and hopefully find a complete, non-thrashed copy. I enjoy shmups but I have been so out of the loop in the past few years since I have been focusing on RPG's it seems.

Feel Free to Add me:
XB360/PSN: kndynt2099 | Wii CODE: 8397 9641 9718 7362 | 3DS CODE: 4141-2473-3225 | Steam

CHECK IT OUT -> J!-ENT 20TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL ISSUE (2013) (58MB/PDF)

#3305 orcishlad

orcishlad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:45 AM

It took about a week I think. They were delivered via USPS if I recall and I received them quickly. Also, very good customer service.

Not to mention they'll throw in random goodies occasionally. :D

#3306 Midori Monkey

Midori Monkey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:28 AM

Thanks! Gamestop shows at $24.99 new and $9.99 used. But I'll stop by there and hopefully find a complete, non-thrashed copy. I enjoy shmups but I have been so out of the loop in the past few years since I have been focusing on RPG's it seems.

I think I read they converted all the new copies to used in store... So have the clerk scan it if you see a new copy :)
Posted Image

#3307 storino03

storino03

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:16 PM

It's about around $17 new on Amazon (Akai Katana). Kind of weird how it dropped in price so quickly from its MSRP of $39.99 within a few months of release. Must not have done well?
Game Grabs! www.youtube.com/storino03

Posted Image

#3308 keine

keine

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:36 PM

Gran Turismo 5 XL is back to $10 (Free Shipping) - PS3 - Amazon

http://www.amazon.co...=gran turismo 5

Awesome stuff. I thought that I might have missed out on this deal. Thanks. 8-)
Posted Image "I want me some glory hole." -The Great Jerry Jones

#3309 ケネディ (KNDY)

ケネディ (KNDY)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:20 AM

Yakuza Dead Souls - PS3 - $17.50 on Amazon
http://www.amazon.co...op chainsaw ps3

Hmm...Atlus Game of Thrones Artbook Bundle is on sale for PS3 and XB360 for $19.99 on Amazon
http://www.amazon.co...rds=atlus games

NIS Store sale
http://store.nisamer...?range=17,29,29

Edited by kndy, 27 November 2012 - 02:21 AM.

Feel Free to Add me:
XB360/PSN: kndynt2099 | Wii CODE: 8397 9641 9718 7362 | 3DS CODE: 4141-2473-3225 | Steam

#3310 ケネディ (KNDY)

ケネディ (KNDY)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:21 AM

I just came back from Gamestop and you're right. I brought a new copy of "Akai Katana" up to the register and he put a used sticker on top of the new and charged me the used copy price of $9.99.

Feel Free to Add me:

#3311 morrodox

morrodox

Hedonistic Iconoclast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:40 PM

It's about around $17 new on Amazon (Akai Katana). Kind of weird how it dropped in price so quickly from its MSRP of $39.99 within a few months of release. Must not have done well?

People who don't appreciate a good 2D shooter will take one look at games like Akai Katana and say "Oh, this looks like a 400-point XBLA game. You can play through the whole thing in about 45 minutes. No way I'm paying $40 for it." Completely missing the point that you're supposed to replay it over and over until you actually get good at it. In Japan there seems to be a lot more respect for this type of game, and the craftsmanship that goes into it.

#3312 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:41 PM

People who don't appreciate a good 2D shooter will take one look at games like Akai Katana and say "Oh, this looks like a 400-point XBLA game. You can play through the whole thing in about 45 minutes. No way I'm paying $40 for it." Completely missing the point that you're supposed to replay it over and over until you actually get good at it. In Japan there seems to be a lot more respect for this type of game, and the craftsmanship that goes into it.

Haha, so true. Just wait until Lightning Returns FF13, that sounds doomed to failure already with that same game type.

#3313 LawLessChaoz

LawLessChaoz

Threatened

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:54 PM

What's the cheapest I can get Ragnarok Odyssey: Mercenary Edition for? Or the normal edition for a really good price?
Posted Image

#3314 Soma_Cruz

Soma_Cruz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:59 PM

Growlanser IV is $15 on PSN right now.

#3315 Sophrosync

Sophrosync

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:06 AM

Dynasty Warriors 7: Xtreme Legends is currently down to 24.99 from 39.99 on Newegg.

That's the best price I've seen except for a brief period when Best Buy had it for 19.99, but of course no stores within 100 miles had any stock nor was it available online. Considering the game's relative scarcity and the fact that Newegg discontinued Atelier Meruru after dropping it to 29.99, I went ahead and bit.

Can't say no to more Lu Bu. :D

#3316 morrodox

morrodox

Hedonistic Iconoclast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:22 PM

What's the cheapest I can get Ragnarok Odyssey: Mercenary Edition for? Or the normal edition for a really good price?

There haven't really been any good price drops yet. It's a niche RPG that just came out on a system which doesn't have many games of that type yet. It'll probably be awhile.

Cheapest I've seen is $34.99 for the regular edition at NewEgg, with free shipping. Family Video has the Mercenary Edition for $46.99 but shipping probably puts it over $50 and I'm not sure what their packaging is like. (The box for the Merc Ed is highly crushable.)

#3317 Kotomine

Kotomine

私は日本人を知らない。

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:47 PM

I figured this would be the best place to post this. For anyone in the market for this game, there's a listing for Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F from a 3rd party seller on Amazon. Used/like new $48 + $3.99 shipping, best price I've seen thus far. I picked up a copy, 5 copies left as of this posting.

575x144_2-1.jpg
2011 Completed Games - 36 Games 2012 Completed Games - 29 Games 2013 Completed Games - 14... But it was more than that, I just stopped keeping track. 2014 Completed Games - ???
mfc80x15.png
I support the*Give Us Bikini Anya Movement.

#3318 LawLessChaoz

LawLessChaoz

Threatened

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:52 PM

There haven't really been any good price drops yet. It's a niche RPG that just came out on a system which doesn't have many games of that type yet. It'll probably be awhile.

Cheapest I've seen is $34.99 for the regular edition at NewEgg, with free shipping. Family Video has the Mercenary Edition for $46.99 but shipping probably puts it over $50 and I'm not sure what their packaging is like. (The box for the Merc Ed is highly crushable.)

Thanks. I bought the Mercenary Edition for $50 from amazon.
Posted Image

#3319 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:57 PM

I figured this would be the best place to post this. For anyone in the market for this game, there's a listing for Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F from a 3rd party seller on Amazon. Used/like new $48 + $3.99 shipping, best price I've seen thus far. I picked up a copy, 5 copies left as of this posting.

I've heard some things about this, but is it worth owning if I've never even heard of Hatsune Miku before (though the name is familiar)? It looks like a rhythm game, so how does it compare to the likes of the Ouendan/Elite Beat Agents games?

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle; MGS2 HD [Dogtags]  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/26]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Hard] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#3320 LawLessChaoz

LawLessChaoz

Threatened

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:00 PM

Is this the cheapest an import of this has been? Wondering if I should get it.
Posted Image

#3321 Kotomine

Kotomine

私は日本人を知らない。

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:15 PM

I've heard some things about this, but is it worth owning if I've never even heard of Hatsune Miku before (though the name is familiar)? It looks like a rhythm game, so how does it compare to the likes of the Ouendan/Elite Beat Agents games?

I've only played the demo and I really enjoyed it. It's a pretty fun rhythm game and if you like J-pop even a little bit, you'll most likely enjoy this game.

Here's a couple of reviews to check out also:

http://www.playstati...ew-vita-import/

http://www.justpushs...-diva-f-review/

Is this the cheapest an import of this has been? Wondering if I should get it.

Cheapest I've seen it.

575x144_2-1.jpg
2011 Completed Games - 36 Games 2012 Completed Games - 29 Games 2013 Completed Games - 14... But it was more than that, I just stopped keeping track. 2014 Completed Games - ???
mfc80x15.png

#3322 GunstarRed

GunstarRed

The Rated 'G' Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:42 PM

*sigh* My Hakuoki Limited Edition I ordered from Amazon came in today and was shipped in a barely padded envelope and was crushed. Haven't they had years of complaints about LE boxes getting crushed, and yet they STILL do it time after time? Time to send off some complaint e-mails.

What's even dumber is that in the same order, they shipped my two Nintendogs 3DS games in a separate box that was HUGE and had several air pillows in it! They couldn't have switched around the packages? Ridiculous.

#3323 spatenfloot

spatenfloot

Don't read this!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:16 AM

*sigh* My Hakuoki Limited Edition I ordered from Amazon came in today and was shipped in a barely padded envelope and was crushed. Haven't they had years of complaints about LE boxes getting crushed, and yet they STILL do it time after time? Time to send off some complaint e-mails.

What's even dumber is that in the same order, they shipped my two Nintendogs 3DS games in a separate box that was HUGE and had several air pillows in it! They couldn't have switched around the packages? Ridiculous.

Mine was in a box with Brave. I think the key to LE ordering is to add items to the order so they will use a box.

#3324 GunstarRed

GunstarRed

The Rated 'G' Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:28 AM

Mine was in a box with Brave. I think the key to LE ordering is to add items to the order so they will use a box.

That's what I did do, and they shipped the rest of the items in a massive oversized box, but my LE in a separate envelope, so that trick doesn't necessarily work. There was plenty of room in that box to fit about 20 more DVDs. I think all the LEs are in a separate warehouse that only has a stack of envelopes to mail things in.

#3325 LawLessChaoz

LawLessChaoz

Threatened

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:48 AM

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F is no longer available for $48.00. Sadly, I wasn't able to get one.
Posted Image

#3326 Jon7

Jon7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:00 AM

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F is no longer available for $48.00. Sadly, I wasn't able to get one.

If you have a PS3 you might want to wait for that version anyway.

#3327 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:00 AM

I've only played the demo and I really enjoyed it. It's a pretty fun rhythm game and if you like J-pop even a little bit, you'll most likely enjoy this game.

Here's a couple of reviews to check out also:

http://www.playstati...ew-vita-import/

http://www.justpushs...-diva-f-review/

Aw, poop. They're gone now. :cry: I'll just have to keep a sharp eye out from now on...Thanks for the reviews, though.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle; MGS2 HD [Dogtags]  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/26]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Hard] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#3328 Kotomine

Kotomine

私は日本人を知らない。

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:10 AM

Aw, poop. They're gone now. :cry: I'll just have to keep a sharp eye out from now on...Thanks for the reviews, though.

No problem. I'll keep an eye out on it as well and will update in this thread if I find more at a good price.

575x144_2-1.jpg
mfc80x15.png

#3329 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:26 AM

That really is depended on the wherehouse and the person who is packing your stuff.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#3330 bruceg

bruceg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:02 AM

If you have a PS3 you might want to wait for that version anyway.

Yeah, 6 more songs as well. Hoping it's not just a straight port, and they improve the graphics as well, like Project Diva arcade did (which looks way better in my opinion than the Dreamy Theater versions)