Photo
* * * * - 34 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

• Please log in to reply
15989 replies to this topic

#3391 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:59 AM

When does NISA charge?

#3392 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:00 AM

Damn, looks like Neptunia V will be my first Collectors pre-order of the year.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3393 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:02 AM

When does NISA charge?

You get a pending charge at the time of the order, and they'll actually charge a few days before shipping (probably 2?). I'll check my bank account to see when they did it last time.

#3394 Tony Da Tiger

Tony Da Tiger

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:02 AM

Yes, I had one when I purchased mk2.

Alright paypal it is then. Thank you!

#3395 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:03 AM

But PayPal charges immediately always, don't they? Or am I mistake ?

#3396 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:09 AM

Ok mk2 released on Feb 28th. I see the charge dated the 21st. Turns out this was on Paypal so you'll get a pending charge on paypal too. Should drop off after a few days.

Edited by scblueeyedguy, 12 December 2012 - 06:12 AM.
corrected the date

#3397 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:24 AM

Thanks. Locked in a preorder as well!

I'm also curious why is Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 so expensive?!

My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#3398 callmewoof

callmewoof

Really, call me Woof

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:33 AM

Beyond the collector status, can anyone actually recommend this game? Was MK2 any good? Cmon, I can't be the only one who noticed the 'playskool's My First RPG you win every battle zero tactics' of the first game.
Say, "fuzzy pickles."

Posted Image

#3399 Dark_Sage

Dark_Sage

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:46 AM

Beyond the collector status, can anyone actually recommend this game? Was MK2 any good? Cmon, I can't be the only one who noticed the 'playskool's My First RPG you win every battle zero tactics' of the first game.

MK2 is slightly better than the first from what I've heard from everyone who played it (I refuse to waste my time on a game that's merely less bad than terrible though).

I doubt this one is gonna be much better than the rest. I still bought a copy, so we'll see if I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

#3400 Frahps

Frahps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:53 AM

I'm also curious why is Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 so expensive?!

Limited edition, sold out VERY fast. Lots of people waited until the last minute, and then is sold out before the actual cut off date. And yes, some of those people DID buy the "collectors value" on eBay etc. later on... A lesson in always pre-ordering early... just in case.

#3401 mitnosi

mitnosi

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:53 AM

Never opened either one of the first two but made sure to grab the premium edition of them when they were available. Gonna do the same with this one :D

#3402 WhiteLens

WhiteLens

EXP Vortex of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:44 AM

If it's any incentive, apparently Nobuo Uematsu's band did the music:

http://www.siliconer...for-neptunia-v/

#3403 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:48 AM

If it's any incentive, apparently Nobuo Uematsu's band did the music:

http://www.siliconer...for-neptunia-v/

Um.

WHAT. :shock:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Puppeteer [Plat Cleanup]; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/21]:  :ps3: Just Cause 2 (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#3404 Dark_Sage

Dark_Sage

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:01 AM

Desperate times.

#3405 HakaHina

HakaHina

Glasses God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:01 AM

I find it very odd that big name individuals like Inafune and Uematsu are included in such a niche game. Perhaps an indication of its growing success as a series? One can only hope ...
Posted Image

#3406 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:14 AM

Stopped checking in on this thread after the whole Mugen Souls fiasco. The stupid moderator kept deleting any refrence to it, even just a simple link to the developers official statement on what was removed. Figure no point following a thread that gets edited so idiotically for no reason, who knows what kinda info might be getting removed

anyway, that said i figured this is probably the best place to ask about this: Under Defeat: Deluxe Edition. Is that worth picking up? It looks like a SMUP but not really a bullet hell game. What category would this be under? Im also wondering whats so 'delux' about it. Its in my gold box right now so im considering getting it. Not sure if its worth waiting for it to hit $20 or not. Sometimes these niche games drop and other times they just sell out. Any ideas if this one is in the running to drop in price?

I was also curiuos about the cover.. which one is this? I see a generic boring helecopter one, and a more dramatic looking one with actual characters. Whats the difference?
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#3407 Soma_Cruz

Soma_Cruz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:57 AM

Stopped checking in on this thread after the whole Mugen Souls fiasco. The stupid moderator kept deleting any refrence to it, even just a simple link to the developers official statement on what was removed. Figure no point following a thread that gets edited so idiotically for no reason, who knows what kinda info might be getting removed

anyway, that said i figured this is probably the best place to ask about this: Under Defeat: Deluxe Edition. Is that worth picking up? It looks like a SMUP but not really a bullet hell game. What category would this be under? Im also wondering whats so 'delux' about it. Its in my gold box right now so im considering getting it. Not sure if its worth waiting for it to hit $20 or not. Sometimes these niche games drop and other times they just sell out. Any ideas if this one is in the running to drop in price?

I was also curiuos about the cover.. which one is this? I see a generic boring helecopter one, and a more dramatic looking one with actual characters. Whats the difference?

It's a normal shmup, not bullet hell so if you like those kinds of games then it's worth it.

As for deluxe, it comes with a physical soundtrack, all japanese DLC/patches on disc(not sure what this includes), and an extra DLC chopper(not sure if on disc or code yet since I haven't opened it yet). I don't see there being a non-deluxe version though as I kinda doubt this game will get a reprint, so it will either plummet in price or become hard to find after a while.

#3408 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:11 PM

In for 1 on HNV! This will go nicely with the other two LE's... man, NISA sure know how to take my money!!

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Dragon Fantasy book 2, :3ds: Link's Awakening, :360: DDP SDOJ, :ps3: Rocksmith 2014, :ps4: Dynasty Warriors 8

#3409 Dezner

Dezner

Kanetsugu! <3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:15 PM

This will go nicely with the other two LE's... man, NISA sure know how to take my money!!

^This!

Can't wait 'til March! :D

OrangeGouf.png

#3410 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:33 PM

I find it very odd that big name individuals like Inafune and Uematsu are included in such a niche game. Perhaps an indication of its growing success as a series? One can only hope ...

I don't recall exactly what article it was, but they are all friends. I believe inafune helped with mk2 as well.

#3411 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:38 PM

Is the HNV CE exclusive to NISA?

I kept thinking mk2 was going to be available at GS/Amazon (like the first one was)... and needless to say, I regret not reading things more carefully.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Valhalla Knights 3 - :-|

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#3412 Soma_Cruz

Soma_Cruz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:45 PM

Is the HNV CE exclusive to NISA?

I kept thinking mk2 was going to be available at GS/Amazon (like the first one was)... and needless to say, I regret not reading things more carefully.

Probably, all CEs (mk2, Meruru, Mugen Souls) since Disgaea 4 have been exclusive to the NISA store.

#3413 LancerEvoX

LancerEvoX

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:57 PM

I have the original and mk2 LE. Can't say no Neptunia V. Especially with $10 off from credit :-)
PS3: Macross 30
PC: Tomb Raider
Vita (Black): Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
Vita (White): Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus
3DS XL: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Nexus 4: Final Fantasy Dimensions

#3414 Slermy

Slermy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:29 PM

Ugh, lunch boxes? I was hoping for another large box.

#3415 apterous

apterous

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:38 PM

Yeah, seriously considering importing to get the Nendroids now. That's what I did for mkII. And since I don't want to open my US CE, I might even have to get a 2nd US version just to play.

I think somewhere in that logic chain I just talked myself into buying the game 3 times to play it once. That can't be right...
Posted Image

#3416 morrodox

morrodox

Hedonistic Iconoclast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:39 PM

Yeah but it's a lunchbox *within* a lunchbox. Lunchboxception.

#3417 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:47 PM

yo dawg, I heard you like to lunchbox..

Edited by barrit, 12 December 2012 - 07:13 PM.

#3418 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:48 PM

Probably, all CEs (mk2, Meruru, Mugen Souls) since Disgaea 4 have been exclusive to the NISA store.

Didn't even think about that. Good point.

I wonder if these will be as limited as mk2 was though... Mugen Souls is still in stock so I can't help but wonder if they'll mass produce these as well. Or maybe nobody wants Mugen Souls?

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Valhalla Knights 3 - :-|

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#3419 Dark_Sage

Dark_Sage

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:05 PM

Or maybe nobody wants Mugen Souls?

This is the right answer.

#3420 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:18 PM

This is the right answer.

Agreed. With the whole censorship thing and it being a new IP, it seems it didn't sell very well. It's been at that same stock category since like 2 weeks after it was open for preorder. Both the figure set and LE seemed to drop to the 'below 50%' stock around the same time oddly enough.

The only other LE that ended up being discounted on their store was Totori. I'm actually just waiting for the MS LE to drop in price before I get it.

Mugen Souls 2 has already been announced for Japan. I wonder if they are even going to bother localizing that one.