Photo
* * * * - 23 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

• Please log in to reply
12888 replies to this topic

#3601 Dezner

Dezner

Kanetsugu! <3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:08 AM

Well this is random, but Vanguard Princess has an official English release.
Its available on Amazon for $5.

Ah, cool! Thanks for the heads-up. Looks fun! ^_^

OrangeGouf.png

#3602 morrodox

morrodox

Hedonistic Iconoclast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:32 PM

Also, I noticed at a couple Gamestops there was a B2G1 free sale just on PS2 and PSP used games. Not sure if that's everywhere, though.

Mine had the PS2 B2G1 last week, but most of the good stuff had already been picked. I didn't see one for PSP but didn't really look, could have missed it.

#3603 Slermy

Slermy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:45 PM

Well this is random, but Vanguard Princess has an official English release.
Its available on Amazon for $5.

Never even heard of this. Can anyone share info about it?

When did the first corpse party go on sale?

October I think?

#3604 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

Geez... took them long enough to announce. Now I wish I hadn't imported the CE since Xseed will likely dish out a better CE than the European one.

It's a pretty good game but probably the worst of the OR games.

I know right. While I typically like the EU CEs better since this a Wii game I would have definitely preferred a NA copy.

#3605 sephiroth61787

sephiroth61787

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

If anybody bought the Pandora's Tower European CE and is looking to sell it, I'd be interested in the steelbook. Looking for the steelbook for The Last Story too.

#3606 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

If anybody bought the Pandora's Tower European CE and is looking to sell it, I'd be interested in the steelbook. Looking for the steelbook for The Last Story too.

You may want to keep an eye out on eBay for these. I bought one around the EU release date and they were going for about $15 shipped, and remained at that price for a while. Same goes for The Last Story steelbook. Very cheap considering the usual steelbook prices. It doesn't look like there are any up for this price anymore, but it may be worth it to check from time to time.

#3607 SolidSnake86

SolidSnake86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

When did the first corpse party go on sale?

Near Halloween, they had a 50% off sale, making it $9.99 to download off PSN. Not sure if that was just for Plus members or not though.

#3608 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:11 PM

Near Halloween, they had a 50% off sale, making it $9.99 to download off PSN. Not sure if that was just for Plus members or not though.

It was for everyone. I got it for $10 and didn't have Plus.

Currently Playing -  :pc: F.E.A.R. 2: Reborn

Recently Completed -   :vita: Persona 4: Golden 5/24   :pc: Game of Thrones 6/29    :pc: Dark Souls PTD (Replay) 7/4  :pc: F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin 7/7

#3609 Kotomine

Kotomine

私は日本人を知らない。

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:35 AM

This was currently unavailable for pre-order on Amazon for a while, it's back up again.

The Witch and the Hundred Knights $39.99 Pre-order [$10 off MSRP]

575x144_2-1.jpg
2011 Completed Games - 36 Games 2012 Completed Games - 29 Games 2013 Completed Games - 14... But it was more than that, I just stopped keeping track. 2014 Completed Games - ???
mfc80x15.png
I support the*Give Us Bikini Anya Movement.

#3610 outerfox

outerfox

Allow Ants Peas

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:55 AM

This was currently unavailable for pre-order on Amazon for a while, it's back up again.

2014?!? I hope that's a placeholder... unless the NIS site has changed, it was still saying Early 2013 ._.

#3611 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

I'm still holding out for a NIS store special edition.

#3612 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:59 AM

http://www.siliconer...ng-to-the-west/

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#3613 integralsmatic

integralsmatic

Everyday should be Harvey Day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:07 AM

Never even heard of this. Can anyone share info about it?

October I think?

Well they can take my money for the ENG version. I have the JP version and for a fighting game from an independent developer, i was impressed. Its def along the lines of any JP Anime fighter like Arcana Heart. The combos are pretty simple, supers are flashy, and the characters models and movements are done really well. Its worth the 5 bucks if you like games like Arcana Heart.
Posted Image
Signature by Banshee350
Avatar(or Bust shot) done by Jeffery "CHAMBA" Cruz
R.I.P Nujabes aka Jun Seba (1974-2010) Another great musical mind ripped from our hands.
R.I.P Pat Carlucci- Rest easy my friend. You're with all of us in our hearts.

#3614 YellowGameboyColor

YellowGameboyColor

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:47 AM

Aw damn so to find any deals I have to look at all 181 of these pages?!

#3615 Soma_Cruz

Soma_Cruz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:58 AM

G.Rev sold me on anything they make with Under Defeat so I'll buy this so long as we get the PS3 version.

#3616 wasurenai

wasurenai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:13 AM

2014?!? I hope that's a placeholder... unless the NIS site has changed, it was still saying Early 2013 ._.

The game is on indefinite hiatus. NIS is focusing on other projects at the moment (specifically God & Fate Revolution Paradox and Disgaea D2) and put Witch and the 100 Knights on the backburner.

Since the game won't even be worked on further until April at the absolute earliest, it probably won't be released in Japan until mid-late this year. 2014 is a realistic release date in the US.

#3617 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:26 AM

I reaaaaaaallllllly want God & Fate. My phone's wallpaper has been it since the day it was announced.

<3 Noizi Ito

#3618 outerfox

outerfox

Allow Ants Peas

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:52 AM

The game is on indefinite hiatus. NIS is focusing on other projects at the moment (specifically God & Fate Revolution Paradox and Disgaea D2) and put Witch and the 100 Knights on the backburner.

Since the game won't even be worked on further until April at the absolute earliest, it probably won't be released in Japan until mid-late this year. 2014 is a realistic release date in the US.

Bah that sucks. But I guess it is a blessing as that's one game I won't have to worry about getting right now. I can focus on Dragon's Crown!

#3619 AugustAPC

AugustAPC

Not For Sale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:55 AM

Oooh. This looks fun. I wonder if the Xbox release over here will come with all the Japanese PS3 features.

#3620 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:36 AM

Pre-order SMT: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers at select retailers and get an arranged soundtrack CD.

Basically pre-order it from GameStop or Amazon if you're in the US to get it.

#3621 AugustAPC

AugustAPC

Not For Sale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:23 AM

I love this thread. I'd be missing out on so many games if it weren't for it. I just looked up God and the Fate. It looks awesome.

#3622 MulderYuffie

MulderYuffie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:33 PM

Pre-order SMT: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers at select retailers and get an arranged soundtrack CD.

Basically pre-order it from GameStop or Amazon if you're in the US to get it.

Welp guess i'm pre-ordering on Amazon then can't wait for this game! :)

#3623 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:38 PM

Can't wait for SMT x Persona. Wonder if there will be a special edition, it being Atlus and all.

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#3624 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:58 PM

Anyone know of any deals for Fire Emblem? Gonna go ahead and grab it when it comes out, just looking for the best price I can get.

Should have Ni No Kuni here by Monday. USPS doesn't have any more tracking info than philly for yesterday. My guide for the game is also claiming a Saturday arrival which is odd because I never had UPS ship to me on Saturday but I am hopeful so I can start playing this game on Sunday (waiting to get my guide in before I start)
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#3625 AugustAPC

AugustAPC

Not For Sale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:17 PM

Can't wait for SMT x Persona. Wonder if there will be a special edition, it being Atlus and all.

You mean SMT x Fire Emblem?

#3626 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:44 PM

This isn't really 'niche' since it is Resident Evil Revelations, but wanted to share anyway since it is the upcoming Japanese special edition:
http://www.siliconer...-edition-items/

Posted Image

$465! I used to think the Zero Escape watches were 'expensive'...

Dill The Noise.

471350.png champloo4.png

#3627 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:22 PM

Is Soul Hackers a good game? Is it a good starting point for someone who has never played a dungeon crawler before?

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#3628 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

You mean SMT x Fire Emblem?

Oops, and yes. lol >_>;;

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#3629 nnthomas

nnthomas

meeble meeble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:41 PM

Is Soul Hackers a good game? Is it a good starting point for someone who has never played a dungeon crawler before?

Yes, and probably not. Try the Etrian Odyssey 4 demo coming in February.
Posted Image

#3630 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

Anyone know of any deals for Fire Emblem? Gonna go ahead and grab it when it comes out, just looking for the best price I can get.

The only thing you could consider a "deal" is the artbook Gamestop is supposed to provide with preordered copies, but AFAIK, you can't preorder it anymore, at least not in-store. I could be wrong, though.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Bulletstorm; MGS2 HD [Snake Tales]  :vita: Limbo; Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale; Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [6/25]: :vita: Mutant Mudds Deluxe (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [7/4]: How to Train Your Dragon 2 (better than the first film)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi