Photo
* * * * * 21 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

• Please log in to reply
10536 replies to this topic

#3631 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

The only thing you could consider a "deal" is the artbook Gamestop is supposed to provide with preordered copies, but AFAIK, you can't preorder it anymore, at least not in-store. I could be wrong, though.

I tried preordering it in-store two days ago and was denied.
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#3632 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

The only thing you could consider a "deal" is the artbook Gamestop is supposed to provide with preordered copies, but AFAIK, you can't preorder it anymore, at least not in-store. I could be wrong, though.

No worries then. I grabbed it off Amazon. It's not in my I must play it ASAP backlog because I have Ni No Kuni, Dragon's Dogma and Lego LOTR to go through :lol:. Not to mention Sim City in March. Just want to grab a copy in case it goes out of stock.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#3633 MrBubbles

MrBubbles

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

This was currently unavailable for pre-order on Amazon for a while, it's back up again.

The Witch and the Hundred Knights $39.99 Pre-order [$10 off MSRP]

This looks good, what's the word on the street? Is it confusing as Disgaea?

#3634 Zbornak

Zbornak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

I tried preordering it [Fire Emblem : Awakening] in-store two days ago and was denied.

Did they not let you preorder the game or just the artbook?
Posted Image

#3635 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:55 PM

The game is out of the GS preorder system. Only way you can get it now from GS is the system bundle or buying someone's preordered copy that doesn't pick it up no earlier than 48 hours later.

#3636 doodofdoods

doodofdoods

Prinny Powered

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:01 AM

Can't wait for SMT x Persona. Wonder if there will be a special edition, it being Atlus and all.

Curious to see if that special edition will be available at amazon. They got stiffed on the artbook for fire emblem. Maybe Atlus USA can clear the bad blood between NoA and Amazon.
Posted Image

#3637 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:23 AM

Yes, and probably not. Try the Etrian Odyssey 4 demo coming in February.

i would say for a starter Unchain blades is a great game... download only for 30 bucks will turn many people off BUT its a 60+ hour game
WOOOO I STINK

#3638 seraph011

seraph011

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:24 AM

Preorders for Soul Hackers with the soundtrack are already up on Amazon!

#3639 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:18 AM

You mean SMT x Fire Emblem?

Aw crap, I was hoping it would be a good long time until I had to have the debate with myself over whether to buy a Wii U or not. :roll:

Much as I'm happy to have anything SMT, I really wish Atlus would stop wasting their time on all of these remakes and spin-offs and just get Persona 5 done already...

#3640 storino03

storino03

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:11 AM

Yeah, it seems like everyone and their mother are doing the cross-over titles. What's next, Barbie X Pokemon?
Game Grabs! www.youtube.com/storino03

Posted Image

#3641 kyo645

kyo645

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:34 AM

Posted Image

There is a reason why Pokemon X is being created :D

#3642 storino03

storino03

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:47 AM

:D ha!
Game Grabs! www.youtube.com/storino03

Posted Image

#3643 Olengie

Olengie

Minato Arisato is the Messiah

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:42 AM

Aw crap, I was hoping it would be a good long time until I had to have the debate with myself over whether to buy a Wii U or not. :roll:

Much as I'm happy to have anything SMT, I really wish Atlus would stop wasting their time on all of these remakes and spin-offs and just get Persona 5 done already...

Persona 5 has been in development since August 2011 and will be using a new engine and themes. When it will release, who knows, maybe 2014 or 2015. I just hope that they try to rescue the Persona 3 Protagonist.

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#3644 kermit036

kermit036

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

That's kind of funny. Being that the Persona series is a spin-off itself.

#3645 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

Persona 5 has been in development since August 2011 and will be using a new engine and themes. When it will release, who knows, maybe 2014 or 2015. I just hope that they try to rescue the Persona 3 Protagonist.

Yeah, I know that they're working on it. Just seems to be taking forever. At this rate, they're going to completely miss the current generation of consoles.

That's kind of funny. Being that the Persona series is a spin-off itself.

Haha, true... :lol: Though by "spin-off" I really meant things more along the lines of Persona 4 Arena and this SMT x Fire Emblem business. I know that a lot of the effort on those is coming from other studios, but still, the story/characters/artwork/etc. are likely taking up a fair amount of Atlus time and resources.

I am happy to see SMT IV coming. Though I wish it were a console game rather than another 3DS title...

SMT x Fire Emblem, though, just confuses me... I wouldn't think any SMT series characters (other than maybe the Persona 3/4 characters to some extent) would be recognizable enough to the mainstream audience for Nintendo to bother with them. The average Wii U buyer is going to have no idea who you're talking about if you mention Raidou Kuzunoha, for example. I would guess that some of the demons/personas (i.e. Jack Frost) would be more recognizable, but even then... It'll be interesting to see where they go with it, I guess...

#3646 Olengie

Olengie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

Yeah, I know that they're working on it. Just seems to be taking forever. At this rate, they're going to completely miss the current generation of consoles.

Haha, true... :lol: Though by "spin-off" I really meant things more along the lines of Persona 4 Arena and this SMT x Fire Emblem business. I know that a lot of the effort on those is coming from other studios, but still, the story/characters/artwork/etc. are likely taking up a fair amount of Atlus time and resources.

I am happy to see SMT IV coming. Though I wish it were a console game rather than another 3DS title...

SMT x Fire Emblem, though, just confuses me... I wouldn't think any SMT series characters (other than maybe the Persona 3/4 characters to some extent) would be recognizable enough to the mainstream audience for Nintendo to bother with them. The average Wii U buyer is going to have no idea who you're talking about if you mention Raidou Kuzunoha, for example. I would guess that some of the demons/personas (i.e. Jack Frost) would be more recognizable, but even then... It'll be interesting to see where they go with it, I guess...

P4A did expand on the story for a little bit and makes way for a possible sequel, which may even foreshadow P5. And added Labrys as a character. :lol: I agree with you; I prefer to have SMT x Fire Emblem on the Consoles for all the points you listed. And if its good, it gives me another reason to go ahead and buy a 3DS. Haha

P5 probably won't make it to current consoles, given that the new generation will released this year or the next. If not, P5 will be released at the very very end of the PS3 and 360s life cycle.

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#3647 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

P4A did expand on the story for a little bit and makes way for a possible sequel, which may even foreshadow P5. And added Labrys as a character. :lol: I agree with you; I prefer to have SMT x Fire Emblem on the Consoles for all the points you listed. And if its good, it gives me another reason to go ahead and buy a 3DS. Haha

P5 probably won't make it to current consoles, given that the new generation will released this year or the next. If not, P5 will be released at the very very end of the PS3 and 360s life cycle.

Persona 4 was released 2 years after the release of PS3.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#3648 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

PS3 had BC and PS4 might not. I'm not saying it won't be a PS3 game but it isn't the same situation.

Currently Playing -   :pc: Dark Souls (Replay)   :3ds: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy   :ps3: Jurassic Park: The Game

Recently Completed -  :3ds: The Starship Damrey 3/2   :psp: Ys: The Oath in Felghana 3/8   :psp: Valkyria Chronicles II 4/22

Selling  :psp: Class of Heroes II PSN Codes $10 

#3649 Olengie

Olengie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:01 PM

True, but Sony removed the BC of all PS3s afterwards. Hopefully, the PS4 does have BC of PS3 games

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#3650 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

Well, it's SMT IV that will be a 3DS game. SMT x Fire Emblem will be a Wii U game. Which begs the question of why Atlus has to sprinkle these a few to each system, so that to keep up we have to buy every damn console. :bomb: I miss the PS2 days, when pretty much every SMT release was a PS2 game.

Yeah, but the original Playstation got Revelations: Persona and the two Persona 2 games. PS2 got Persona 3 and Persona 4. At this rate, the PS3 will only get Persona 5 at best (I'm still holding out hope for P5 to be a PS3 game, perhaps foolishly since Atlus seems to have gone mostly over to handhelds for other SMT development), maybe none at all.

#3651 sherlock2g

sherlock2g

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

I wonder will Atlus re-release the other SMT titles either as classics on PSN or HD remastered titles.

#3652 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:39 PM

True, but Sony removed the BC of all PS3s afterwards. Hopefully, the PS4 does have BC of PS3 games

I wouldn't count on it, since Sony is likely abandoning the cell processor architecture. They would either have to include all of the PS3 hardware in the console (probably not cost effective), or the PS4 would have to be very powerful in order to emulate it. Unlikely.

#3653 lurkingsalt

lurkingsalt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

Since the install base is the largest at the end of a consoles life cycle I'm thinking they will want to get P5 released on PS3/360. You have the best potential of sales on this gen the going next gen. My guess the PS3/360 still has 2-3 years of support from publisher until the install base of next gen consoles gets high enough that it no longer is necessary for a current gen port.

I wouldn't count on it, since Sony is likely abandoning the cell processor architecture. They would either have to include all of the PS3 hardware in the console (probably not cost effective), or the PS4 would have to be very powerful in order to emulate it. Unlikely.

Remember that Sony bought out Gaikai (Online Game Streaming Service). They will try their hand at streaming PS3 games to the PS4, It might take a while for things to get worked out but I believe it's the future of BC.

#3654 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:44 PM

Since the install base is the largest at the end of a consoles life cycle I'm thinking they will want to get P5 released on PS3/360. You have the best potential of sales on this gen the going next gen. My guess the PS3/360 still has 2-3 years of support from publisher until the install base of next gen consoles gets high enough that it no longer is necessary for a current gen port.

Remember that Sony bought out Gaikai (Online Game Streaming Service). They will try their hand at streaming PS3 games to the PS4, It might take a while for things to get worked out but I believe it's the future of BC.

That will be awesome. It can be just like re-buying all my PSP games--the ones that are even on the store, at least--at stupidly high prices to play them on Vita. The disc really needs to work when I put it in the box. lol

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#3655 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:29 PM

http://www.joystiq.c...pecial-edition/

:cry:

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Lightning Returns :xb1: Madden 25, Dead Rising 3

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, :360: & :xb1: Halo:Spartan Assault

#3656 AugustAPC

AugustAPC

Inebrious Infinitus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:35 PM

Atelier Ayesha up for pre-order. Sorry if this was already posted.
http://www.amazon.co...duct/B00ANGVX9I
Gorgeous cover art, IMO.

#3657 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:43 PM

Muramasa port for Vita got picked up by Aksys! http://www.siliconer...rtesy-of-aksys/

#3658 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

Yes!

Amazon will have preorder bonus

http://www.amazon.co...59483792&sr=1-5

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#3659 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:11 PM

Sweet! I put in my preorder, unless aksys store offers some exclusive bonus.

#3660 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:15 PM

Very cool. I've heard a lot about this game and was hoping it would come over since I never played it before.

I'm guess there aren't any announcements on the bonus yet? I figure it'll probably be the usual soundtrack/mini artbook like Code of Princess.