Photo
* * * * * 37 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

• Please log in to reply
16979 replies to this topic

#3691 keine

keine

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:18 PM

The PSP continues to live. Class of Heroes 2 may still get a physical release. Even though the kickstarter was unsuccessful it looks like they still may do a preorder only physical release of the game if enough people commit (with an alternate version exclusive to people who backed the Kickstarter).

Kickstarter link for better details:
LINK

That's cool. I still would've preferred the CE they were shooting for, so I don't know if a standard UMD would be something truly special.
Posted Image "I want me some glory hole." -The Great Jerry Jones

#3692 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:14 PM

The PSP continues to live. Class of Heroes 2 may still get a physical release. Even though the kickstarter was unsuccessful it looks like they still may do a preorder only physical release of the game if enough people commit (with an alternate version exclusive to people who backed the Kickstarter).

LINK

That's cool. I still would've preferred the CE they were shooting for, so I don't know if a standard UMD would be something truly special.

I'd be all over this if Amazon or Gamestop was doing a pre-order for this. I want to continue to support the PSP.

#3693 morrodox

morrodox

Hedonistic Iconoclast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:17 PM

LINK

I got an email this morning from them confirming this. It's unfortunate that the KS didn't meet its goal, but at least there's still a chance of a physical release.

Like others here, I want to continue to buy PSP games, but won't touch non-physical releases.

#3694 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:32 PM

Class of heroes 2 won't be on amazon or gamtop. It would just be on monkeypaw website with a limited release

#3695 LawLessChaoz

LawLessChaoz

Threatened

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:11 AM

I have a question about international shipping.

How are sites like YesAsia able to offer free shipping? I sent them a return and the shipping cost was $24. That was the cheapest available. Also how are international sellers on ebay able to offer $2.99 and free shipping on items? Is there a certain method they are using?
Posted Image

#3696 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:24 AM

I have a question about international shipping.

How are sites like YesAsia able to offer free shipping? I sent them a return and the shipping cost was $24. That was the cheapest available. Also how are international sellers on ebay able to offer $2.99 and free shipping on items? Is there a certain method they are using?

The postal service in those countries charge less than USPS for international shipping. The recent price increase for USPS increase domestic by 10 cent, but increased international mailing by A LOT.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#3697 outerfox

outerfox

Allow Ants Peas

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:03 AM

Vic will probably produce the physical copies to have different disc art. Kinda like how he did for the original Lunar: The Silver Star and the Playstation remakes of Lunar 1 and 2.

A majority of the discs will have the same art, with a select few having the more rare artworks shown.

#3698 MulderYuffie

MulderYuffie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:48 AM

where the email address I need to email in order to tell them i'm interested in a pre-order. Any idea how much...?

#3699 Callidus

Callidus

Collectaholic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:15 AM

The Class of Heroes 2 pre-order interest gauging email address isn't being announced until Monday. This is the most recent message they sent to those of us who signed up to fund the unsuccessful Kickstarter CE project:

"The complete informaiton regarding the Class of Heroes 2 physical+digital combo release will be posted on http://www.gaijinworks.com at 10am Monday, 2/4. If you're interested in micro-updates on Class of Heroes 2 and other Gaijinworks information, my official twitter is @gaijin4life Thanks!"

#3700 MulderYuffie

MulderYuffie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:39 AM

The Class of Heroes 2 pre-order interest gauging email address isn't being announced until Monday. This is the most recent message they sent to those of us who signed up to fund the unsuccessful Kickstarter CE project:

"The complete informaiton regarding the Class of Heroes 2 physical+digital combo release will be posted on http://www.gaijinworks.com at 10am Monday, 2/4. If you're interested in micro-updates on Class of Heroes 2 and other Gaijinworks information, my official twitter is @gaijin4life Thanks!"

Thanks! Will keep track of this.

#3701 Jedi_Amara

Jedi_Amara

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:56 AM

The postal service in those countries charge less than USPS for international shipping. The recent price increase for USPS increase domestic by 10 cent, but increased international mailing by A LOT.

Also, they increase the prices of the actual items a bit to absorb the extra shipping cost. If you compare Play-Asia prices to Yes-Asia prices (I picked P-A because it's a similar Asian import store aimed at Westerners) you'll see that Y-A costs more for the same items. P-A also has free shipping now but there's a minimum order and it's only for small/light/flat things, so they don't have to pay much for the small packets and they make enough profit off the order to cover it.

#3702 Callidus

Callidus

Collectaholic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:50 PM

The biggest factor is the economy of scale at work. E-tailers (whether domestic or export) have bulk shipping contracts with their providers of choice, they don't pay anywhere close to the same rates you and I would. What would cost you or me $10 to ship on a one-off transaction only costs an e-tailer a fraction of that because they ship in such bulk.

I used to work for a major US e-commerce provider and it would cost us on average about 25% of the normal retail shipping charge to send something out. That discount rate was pretty much the same whether domestic or international.

#3703 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:08 PM

game will never see light of day.. says they need 2500 orders they only got like 900 kickstarter people
WOOOO I STINK

#3704 hubb

hubb

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:34 PM

The game is being released; that 2500 orders is for a limited physical edition.

#3705 rockykai

rockykai

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:52 PM

game will never see light of day.. says they need 2500 orders they only got like 900 kickstarter people

There are easily 2500 people who would purchase a physical copy of this game just for collector's sake ALONE. Half of the problem is the same problem every other indie game and B/niche game has - few people take the time to look to see what's out there unless its free-to-play MMORPGs.

#3706 chibilaharl

chibilaharl

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:26 PM

Xillia now pre-orderable at amazon, Placeholder for the date
Currently looking to sell or trade: Duke Nukem Forever Complete Pack, Borderlands GOTY, Mafia 2, and more all activate on steam. PM me with offer.

#3707 chibilaharl

chibilaharl

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:32 PM

Also Project X Zone

Currently looking to sell or trade: Duke Nukem Forever Complete Pack, Borderlands GOTY, Mafia 2, and more all activate on steam. PM me with offer.

#3708 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:44 PM

There are easily 2500 people who would purchase a physical copy of this game just for collector's sake ALONE. Half of the problem is the same problem every other indie game and B/niche game has - few people take the time to look to see what's out there unless its free-to-play MMORPGs.

I don't know about that. It really depends on the price and how well it's promoted. Holy Invasion of Privacy Part One couldn't even hit 1000 preorders and that was long before the second one was announced for localization.

#3709 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:54 PM

they can lower the price since they don't have to give a cut to the kickstarter people.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#3710 worrybomb

worrybomb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:10 AM

Sign-up for the physical copies of Class of Heroes 2 is up over at http://www.gaijinworks.com/

While it's not an actual pre-order, Victor Ireland is seeing if enough people would sign up for this project. Also a few tidbits of info: Class of Heroes 2 will be $24.99 on PSN but if the physical project sign-up is a success, the physical copy plus download code will be priced at $34.99. I already signed up to support Ireland's work toward this. There's also video footage of the localized game on the site.

#3711 bruceg

bruceg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:10 PM

Nice, signed up for a copy. I like that for only $10 more, you get a physical copy plus a downloadable version.

#3712 Callidus

Callidus

Collectaholic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:18 PM

Glad to see that the threshold for making the physical version a reality is 2500 copies and not 2500 orders. In for 5 to try and help make this thing a reality.

#3713 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:34 PM

I signed up for 1

#3714 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:55 PM

thanks, signed up for 3.

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Dragon Fantasy book 2, :3ds: Azure Striker Gunvolt, :360: N/A, :ps3: N/A, :ps4: Diablo 3, :wiiu: Hyrule Warriors

#3715 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:18 PM

Signed up for 2.

#3716 morrodox

morrodox

Hedonistic Iconoclast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:32 PM

Sign-up for the physical copies of Class of Heroes 2 is up over at http://www.gaijinworks.com/

Thanks, I'm signed up.

#3717 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:07 PM

$35 shipped. It's good game :)
"Evil is Funs"

#3718 therealdeal19

therealdeal19

GIANT ENEMY CRABS!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:08 PM

While it's not an actual pre-order, Victor Ireland is seeing if enough people would sign up for this project. Also a few tidbits of info: Class of Heroes 2 will be $24.99 on PSN but if the physical project sign-up is a success, the physical copy plus download code will be priced at $34.99. I already signed up to support Ireland's work toward this. There's also video footage of the localized game on the site.

Yea, this is a fantastic deal. We still get a digital copy so that we can keep our physical copies mint while enjoying the game either on PSP or Vita. I'd love to see more of this in the future and I also support this idea as well.

516078.png
TheHolyPickle.jpg

#3719 Layd Dly

Layd Dly

LEGEND..wait for it..DARY

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:27 PM

In for 1 copy. I love the idea of physical and digital copies.

Battle.net: Vinomen#1986
76561197994706915.pngAddFriend.png
168249.png

#3720 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:42 PM

DO EEET http://www.gaijinworks.com/