Photo
* * * * * 37 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

• Please log in to reply
16913 replies to this topic

#3811 jimmywolf

jimmywolf

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:27 PM

Digital download so I can play it on the Vita sold this for me.

:)

ill buy it digital want more rpg's to come state side, not really wanting the psp disk Thu an have no desire try flip it if it was successful pre order
Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise.

#3812 MulderYuffie

MulderYuffie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:11 PM

"Thanks. Every signup helps! We're less than 20 from 2,000 now."
I sure hope this ends up making it.

#3813 chibilaharl

chibilaharl

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

Didnt realize I needed to click the link in my email.
Currently looking to sell or trade: Duke Nukem Forever Complete Pack, Borderlands GOTY, Mafia 2, and more all activate on steam. PM me with offer.

#3814 DarkMario616

DarkMario616

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:21 PM

Will EO4 be hard to find after it releases? I have a bit of a 3DS backlog but...pre-ordered it anyways at Newegg. I just hope Newegg fulfills my order.

I've only played EO3 in the past and found it way to difficult (turned off). EO4 demo seems fun, a lot more polished, and a bit easier.

#3815 worrybomb

worrybomb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:35 PM

Will EO4 be hard to find after it releases? I have a bit of a 3DS backlog but...pre-ordered it anyways at Newegg. I just hope Newegg fulfills my order.

I've only played EO3 in the past and found it way to difficult (turned off). EO4 demo seems fun, a lot more polished, and a bit easier.

If you haven't preordered it, it'll probably be a little tough to find at retail chains. If anything, you can always download the game off the eShop since it'll be up there for download.

I'm playing EO2 right now in preparation of the 4th installment and the Class of Heroes 2 sign-up drive have made me want to enjoy some dungeon crawling goodness.

#3816 DarkMario616

DarkMario616

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:44 PM

Well I want that CD and Artbook it's coming with :P Pre-ordered at Newegg like I said. Just hoping they will fulfill it. Could have went with Amazon but...TAX ;_;

#3817 Frahps

Frahps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:26 PM

"Thanks. Every signup helps! We're less than 20 from 2,000 now."
I sure hope this ends up making it.

Me too. I feel like we are so close to succeeding with this. I wish I could put down for more copies, but there's too many good games coming out Q1 that I have on pre-order.

#3818 worrybomb

worrybomb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:41 AM

Gaijinwork's latest tweet states the sign-up drive is passed 2,000. 500 more to go! Also, this campaign will conclude in the next four days so if you're still hesitant, don't let this opportunity pass by.

#3819 bakutenten

bakutenten

I am Alpha and Omega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:40 AM

Gaijinwork's latest tweet states the sign-up drive is passed 2,000. 500 more to go! Also, this campaign will conclude in the next four days so if you're still hesitant, don't let this opportunity pass by.

I'm in for a couple of copies. Anything to keep niche titles like these alive in the FPS dominated NA.:boxing:

#3820 Panda Wizardry

Panda Wizardry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:47 AM

I want to pre-order eo4, but from where? I'm mainly worried about how things are packaged, as I don't want the art book or cd to be damaged. Any recommendations?

Please check out my channel: Alan Bytes Back!

MyAnimeList

#3821 worrybomb

worrybomb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:54 AM

I want to pre-order eo4, but from where? I'm mainly worried about how things are packaged, as I don't want the art book or cd to be damaged. Any recommendations?

Your best bet may be to preorder in-store at Gamestop. I don't usually preorder any games but lately if I have to, I've chosen Newegg and most of their packages have been sent in boxes (like my copies of Ragnarok Odyssey and PS All-Stars Battle Royale). If you have Amazon Prime, most likely that will be shipped in a box.

#3822 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:09 AM

did newegg have a preorder promo for etrian odyssey 4?

#3823 worrybomb

worrybomb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:14 AM

Yes Newegg is one of the retailers listed for the bonus offers over at the EO4 preorder page.

#3824 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:50 AM

Yes Newegg is one of the retailers listed for the bonus offers over at the EO4 preorder page.

I think Gamer SDP meant whether Newegg had a discount. AFAIK, no, because the last $10 off code that worked for me was before EO4 was available for preorder.

elessar123.png

#3825 worrybomb

worrybomb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:52 AM

I think Gamer SDP meant whether Newegg had a discount. AFAIK, no, because the last $10 off code that worked for me was before EO4 was available for preorder.

If you meant discount codes, then no I haven't seen any Newegg preorder discount codes since the holiday season. The only recent Newegg preorder discount was for PC games. Who knows what will happen between now and the release date so if you want to take a chance then wait a week or two.

#3826 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:24 AM

I was able to pre-order EO4 on 10/29 with a promo code, getting it to 29.99.

I think that was the start of Newegg slowing down on the codes it were handing out though.

#3827 TerraBemani

TerraBemani

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:39 AM

Does newegg put 3DS games in a actual box and not a bubble mailer? I'm going to order EO4. Just don't want it crushed in the mail.

#3828 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:40 AM

Does newegg put 3DS games in a actual box and not a bubble mailer? I'm going to order EO4. Just don't want it crushed in the mail.

Nope. I can almost guarantee this will be sent in a padded pouch.

#3829 SephirothWF

SephirothWF

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:07 AM

Found a copy of Adventures to Go complete at Gamestop. Picked it up for $5. They also had DARK SPIRE, but no case and manual means no buys.

Edit: If no case/manual bothers you, the Gamestop was the Marketplace Dr. Gamestop in Rochester, MN

#3830 worrybomb

worrybomb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:12 AM

Found a copy of Adventures to Go complete at Gamestop. Picked it up for $5. They also had DARK SPIRE, but no case and manual means no buys.

Edit: If no case/manual bothers you, the Gamestop was the Marketplace Dr. Gamestop in Rochester, MN

I believe I remember buying The Dark Spire for $5 over a year ago at Gamestop. Came with everything.

It's funny that I had trouble getting into that game yet the Etrian Odyssey series I had no problem with.

#3831 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:17 AM

Not really. I didn't like Dark Spire either, and EO is my favorite series this past gen.

elessar123.png

#3832 MarshMan34

MarshMan34

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:34 PM

Hey, I have a quick question and was hoping someone could help me out. Normally there is a y fold on the top and bottom of games, the ones that aren't limited Editions or collector's editions, so you know it is factory sealed. I have gotten a game, Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater for the 3ds that didn't have the y fold and I know that is the way it is supposed to be because I saw other copies of the game in best buy without the y fold. My question is whether SMT: Devil Survivor Overclocked for the 3ds has a y fold? The one I got doesn't and I am wondering whether I should return it because it may not be factory sealed due to the lack of the y fold.

#3833 Disposed Hero

Disposed Hero

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:59 PM

Hey, I have a quick question and was hoping someone could help me out. Normally there is a y fold on the top and bottom of games, the ones that aren't limited Editions or collector's editions, so you know it is factory sealed. I have gotten a game, Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater for the 3ds that didn't have the y fold and I know that is the way it is supposed to be because I saw other copies of the game in best buy without the y fold. My question is whether SMT: Devil Survivor Overclocked for the 3ds has a y fold? The one I got doesn't and I am wondering whether I should return it because it may not be factory sealed due to the lack of the y fold.

My copy of Devil Survivor Overclocked that I recently got new from Amazon is still sealed, but it also doesn't have a Y fold.

#3834 ishkabibbel2000

ishkabibbel2000

The one true Ishkabibbel!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:46 PM

Anyone happen to know a good place to get deals on the first 2 hyperdimension neptunia games? I don't care new or used as long as it's cib.

#3835 sabanoo

sabanoo

I like pie.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:59 PM

Anyone happen to know a good place to get deals on the first 2 hyperdimension neptunia games? I don't care new or used as long as it's cib.

If you can find the 2nd one used at Gamestop that's probably the cheapest (especially if you use the 20% off coupon floating around).

#3836 Taren Fox

Taren Fox

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:18 PM

I'm assuming these are going to get crazy rare, especially if only less than 3500 are printed.

XSeed posted their planned release schedule for 2013, which includes the already-announced Killer Is Dead (Summer) and Pandora's Tower (March 26), but there are a few surprises:

-Rune Factory 4 (:3ds:) - Summer
-Valhalla Knights 3 (Vita) - Fall
-Ys: Memories of Celceta (Vita) - Fall
-Ys I & II Chronicles+ (Steam) - February

Source: http://www.newgamern...killer-is-dead/

EDIT: Better source with descriptions for each game (except Pandora's Tower): http://www.animenews...-4-to-n-america

Once Rune Factory 4 comes out, will the value of RF3 plummet? If so, I'll sell it now and pre-order 4. Fun game, but the price it commands online is crazy.

Edited by Taren Fox, 11 February 2013 - 02:30 PM.

#3837 Reaggo

Reaggo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:45 PM

Keep an eye on eBay auctions, snagged my copy Mint for $22 a few months ago

#3838 erehwon

erehwon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:00 PM

Keep an eye on eBay auctions, snagged my copy Mint for $22 a few months ago

Is that for the regular or the limited boxed version? The boxed ones are pretty high right now.

#3839 MulderYuffie

MulderYuffie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:06 PM

"
Weekends suck for this kind of thing, though. Took almost the whole weekend to get a couple hundred added, yet we got almost 100 in the first few hours today now that everyone's back at work/school. We're only 5 away from 2,200 now.

EDIT: We hit 2200. 300 left. It's clear that weekdays are most certainly better for these kinds of drives. "

NNNNIIIIIIICCCCEEEEE!!! :)

#3840 worrybomb

worrybomb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:25 PM

I'm assuming these are going to get crazy rare, especially if only less than 3500 are printed.

Very rare. Only 2,500 physical copies will be made if the sign-up is a success. There will be no reprint so the only way to obtain CoH2 will be to buy it off the Playstation Store once the game is up.

What's another great thing about the physical UMD copy is that Vic mentioned of doing either an interview with one of the developers of CoH2 or a Translations Q&A feature in the manual, just like what he did during the Working Designs days.