Photo
* * * * - 26 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

• Please log in to reply
13413 replies to this topic

#3871 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:20 PM

I love to find out why this couldn't be released in NA. I mean, after all, XSEED had the balls to say Grand Knights History was canceled due to the developer not being able to lend a hand in programming the English script.

I know this is their own IP but they should be honest to their fanbase. Well, we'll find out what is in that blog post in the coming weeks.

That's considered having balls? They threw the developers under the bus. The developers likely have their hands tied for reasons unknown to us. It's no surprise that a publisher would want to keep mum about delivering an inferior product, especially their own. My guess: porting a PS1 game is considerably easier/cheaper than porting a PSP game.

#3872 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:45 PM

that seems odd to me, I don't think there is any major difference engine wise between the PSP versions of Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment

what possible problem could they have run into with Eternal Punishment that is impossible to overcome that Innocent Sin wouldn't have had?

There is a huge difference. The PSOne version is done and very little work is involve. They dont need any original stuff to do any work. The PSP version got some new stuff, requires Q&A and so on.

There could be a few reasons. The PSP team was let go, assigned to a new project, ect.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#3873 SephirothWF

SephirothWF

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:44 AM

Does anyone know what's going on with the Class of Heroes 2 stuff? I know we hit 2500 and I signed up for 1 before we hit 400. So what is the next step? I did the Amazon payments account thing. I haven't gotten any e-mails or anything.

#3874 worrybomb

worrybomb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:58 AM

Does anyone know what's going on with the Class of Heroes 2 stuff? I know we hit 2500 and I signed up for 1 before we hit 400. So what is the next step? I did the Amazon payments account thing. I haven't gotten any e-mails or anything.

Well voting for the cover art was supposed to begin a couple of days ago but it sounds like Vic was busy designing five potential candidates to win the coveted spot. Supposedly, everyone who signed up will be sent an email Monday morning on preordering a voucher for the retail copies. No idea if that will face a Working Designs delay either.

UPDATE: Voting has officially gone live for the CoH2 cover art over at Gaijinworks' website.

What was previously announced as 3 choices for the cover art, it looks like you have a choice between 6 different front cover art works for the physical release. Furthermore, it looks like it won't be a dual-release launch for the digital download game and the physical + digital code bundle. The game will hit the Playstation Store first and until a timedate on when the games will be reached to us, the preorder sale is on a temporary hold. It shouldn't be too long, I hope. By the way, I chose C. Cover art D is currently in the lead with 33%.

Edited by worrybomb, 18 February 2013 - 09:22 AM.
Updating

#3875 Callidus

Callidus

Collectaholic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:44 AM

Thanks for the notice on the live voting. I voted for C. (Was torn between A, C, and D).

98 votes in, D has taken the lead at 47% to C's 30%. All the others are single-digits at the moment.

#3876 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:05 PM

Voted D.

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Sorcery Saga, :3ds: N/A, :360: DDP SDOJ, :ps3: Rocksmith 2014, :ps4: Dynasty Warriors 8

#3877 VideoGameCollector17

VideoGameCollector17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:08 PM

Voted D as well.

sig.gif

Free Wii U Conga Line!

http://www.cheapassg...ash-conga-line/

#3878 CAGMoose

CAGMoose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:13 PM

Voted D before reading the percentage spread. I almost never like what other people like, so that was a nice surprise.

#3879 Callidus

Callidus

Collectaholic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:16 PM

182 votes in... if this were a Presidential election, the media would have called the race by now.

#3880 MulderYuffie

MulderYuffie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:47 PM

Voted D

#3881 Jedi_Amara

Jedi_Amara

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:08 PM

I voted E, I liked it because it's not too busy, but all of those cover arts are pretty! I'd be happy with any of them on my cover.

#3882 MetalmanTN

MetalmanTN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:11 PM

Voted A. I'm surprised by how poorly it's doing though. Oh well, all the cover art available look great.

#3883 kamakazi5

kamakazi5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:13 PM

Voted D. I like that there's no real central character.
My games/what I'm playing - www.backloggery.com/kamakazi5

#3884 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:20 PM

I only don't like B/C. I don't know which one of the others to vote for.

Currently Playing -   :pc: Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut

Recently Completed -    :pc: Dark Souls PTD (Replay) 7/4  :pc: F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin 7/7   :pc: F.E.A.R. 2: Reborn 7/12   :pc: Divinity II: Ego Draconis 7/23

#3885 LawLessChaoz

LawLessChaoz

Threatened

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:13 PM

Voted C.
Posted Image

#3886 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:29 PM

voted e

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#3887 mowmow

mowmow

must..resist..collecting.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:52 PM

i like C and D but i voted C

9917.png

#3888 ShadowX

ShadowX

Tiny Little Robots

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:31 PM

I voted for D. A through C were close competitors, and E and F were my least favorite.

#3889 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:43 PM

I like E far more than the others; it shall not be winning, though. lol

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#3890 morrodox

morrodox

Hedonistic Iconoclast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:47 PM

Supposedly, everyone who signed up will be sent an email Monday morning on preordering a voucher for the retail copies. No idea if that will face a Working Designs delay either.

I wrote them about this, reminding them of the disastrous Ni No Kuni debacle with Digital River, asking them to make sure everyone who pre-ordered a physical copy will be able to get one. I'm sure I'm not the only one. No reply yet, but hopefully the fact that the emails haven't been sent means they're thoroughly testing their ordering system.

EDIT: Oh, and I voted for cover "B". "D" was my second choice.

Edited by morrodox, 18 February 2013 - 07:48 PM.
Because it's a free country and I can do what I want.

#3891 Relysis

Relysis

No Guns Next Time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:59 PM

D looks like "Class of Hyrule" to me. E is unique and not too busy

#3892 Callidus

Callidus

Collectaholic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:11 PM

D looks like "Class of Hyrule" to me. E is unique and not too busy

LOL, I thought the same thing about D

#3893 Pheria

Pheria

I play some games. But mostly just buy them.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:33 PM

Voted B! Don't think it stands a chance though.
Posted Image

#3894 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:10 PM

LOL, I thought the same thing about D

Ditto.

Currently playing:

:3ds: Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds - :) 
:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#3895 Zbornak

Zbornak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:36 AM

The PSP refuses to die, as Natsume has announced that they are localizing Mystic Chronicles, a Kemco RPG that goes by the name of Fantasy Chronicles on iOS. The PSP port cost only $7 when it was released in Japan, so hopefully, the US release will be cheap as well.
Posted Image

#3896 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:16 PM

I've played a few of these kemco rpgs (eve of the genesis, symphony of eternity) on my android tablet. They're fairly short, run-of-the-mill rpgs with very linear storylines. Their fairly grindy rpgs (which I like). You could do worse for a $7 game, but it's not something you'd write home to the family about.

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Sorcery Saga, :3ds: N/A, :360: DDP SDOJ, :ps3: Rocksmith 2014, :ps4: Dynasty Warriors 8

#3897 morrodox

morrodox

Hedonistic Iconoclast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:54 PM

Just thought I'd share this message from GaijinWorks, in response to my asking about the physical Class of Heroes 2 and my concerns about not everyone who wants one being able to get one:

First, there's no Digital River fulfillment with this. That's a positive start for not getting things screwed up.

Secondly, we are preselling it, not pre-ordering it, so we will close the presales, then make as many as we have hard sales for. So if you've bought the voucher in the presale when we open it, you're guaranteed a copy!

Thanks for your interest, and watch for the purchase links to go live. They'll be open for about a week.

I LOL'd at the first paragraph.

#3898 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:03 PM

The PSP refuses to die, as Natsume has announced that they are localizing Mystic Chronicles, a Kemco RPG that goes by the name of Fantasy Chronicles on iOS. The PSP port cost only $7 when it was released in Japan, so hopefully, the US release will be cheap as well.

never will see light of day on a UMD for 7 though
WOOOO I STINK

#3899 midlifecrisisMkII

midlifecrisisMkII

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:48 AM

The NISA online store has some price changes and re-stocks:

Atelier Meruru (re-stock) - $29.99
Neptunia (re-stock) - $29.99
Neptunia Mk2 (price drop) - $39.99
Disgaea 4 (price drop) - $19.99

#3900 bakutenten

bakutenten

I am Alpha and Omega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:17 AM

The NISA online store has some price changes and re-stocks:

Atelier Meruru (re-stock) - $29.99
Neptunia (re-stock) - $29.99
Neptunia Mk2 (price drop) - $39.99
Disgaea 4 (price drop) - $19.99

Thanks for the heads up - I've been waiting for a restock on Hyperdimension Neptunia.