Photo
* * * * - 26 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

• Please log in to reply
13465 replies to this topic

#3901 Jedi_Amara

Jedi_Amara

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:12 AM

US versions of Neptunia mk2 and all three Atelier PS3 game are between $20 and $25 each on Play-Asia this week, free shipping over $25.

#3902 Banana Peel Assassin

Banana Peel Assassin

RIP Arcade Infinity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:36 PM

more psp love coming our way thanks to the good folks at aksysgames...
http://www.aksysgame...e-at-your-side/

...have no idea what to make of this game.

- StayFree( ' 3')

store coming soon (sample: 1 2 3)

12/5

#3903 morrodox

morrodox

Hedonistic Iconoclast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:40 PM

It's a visual novel, in the same vein as the Zero Escape series (999, Virtue's Last Reward). But with much more pink, apparently.

#3904 sherlock2g

sherlock2g

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:42 PM

Are there demos for the Neptunia games? I heard a lot about them so I wanted to try it out.

#3905 Dark_Sage

Dark_Sage

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:53 PM

Are there demos for the Neptunia games? I heard a lot about them so I wanted to try it out.

Youtube.

#3906 chibilaharl

chibilaharl

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:08 PM

Annnnd it's already up on Amazon. With a pre-order bonus too. I have to say, I am really shocked this is getting a physical release, when so many other games go DD.
Currently looking to sell or trade: Duke Nukem Forever Complete Pack, Borderlands GOTY, Mafia 2, and more all activate on steam. PM me with offer.

#3907 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:31 PM

It's a visual novel, in the same vein as the Zero Escape series (999, Virtue's Last Reward). But with much more pink, apparently.

Annnnd it's already up on Amazon. With a pre-order bonus too. I have to say, I am really shocked this is getting a physical release, when so many other games go DD.

At the moment, I can't figure out what the pre-order bonus is.

I might get it and the newer Hakuoki game since I haven't been disappointed yet.

Just finished all of the endings of Virtue's Last Reward and can't wait for the next game in the Zero Escape series!

#3908 worrybomb

worrybomb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:46 AM

Gaijinworks has apparently rebooted the voting for the cover art of CoH2. For the final round of voting, Vic has whittled it down to a choice of 4 covers: 2 covers which were the most popular choices from the last voting round, 1 cover that is a mix variation of previous cover choices C and D, and by popular request, cover art that was used for the Japanese release of CoH2.

The top two choices will be used: one for the regular edition and the other for Kickstarter backers who supported the failed-CoH2 kickstarter.

You can vote at Gaijinworks' website.

#3909 TerraBemani

TerraBemani

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:15 AM

Is there a good reason why Vic is doing shit like this yet -again-? Yeah I want the game still but how can you even trust the guy now? More working designs like delays and lies. No wonder they very sadly went out of business. If they needed more time fine. But at least don't lie about it. And now a rebooting of some simple voting for a cover art thing? Is there another hidden reason behind this? Was there going to be problems all along and he's just dragging this out? No wonder I never heard much about Miami Law too. At this point I wouldn't trust the guy to do anything he says on time -ever-. Or trust anything he says. No wonder any job he has now isn't anything major. Maybe this is the main reason why the kickstarter failed too. Maybe people still don't trust Vic from all the WD stuff? I still remember all the sealed games he had hoarded for so many years and sold them off on ebay too.

#3910 worrybomb

worrybomb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:24 AM

Is there a good reason why Vic is doing shit like this yet -again-? Yeah I want the game still but how can you even trust the guy now? More working designs like delays and lies. No wonder they very sadly went out of business. If they needed more time fine. But at least don't lie about it. And now a rebooting of some simple voting for a cover art thing? Is there another hidden reason behind this? Was there going to be problems all along and he's just dragging this out? No wonder I never heard much about Miami Law too. At this point I wouldn't trust the guy to do anything he says on time -ever-. Or trust anything he says. No wonder any job he has now isn't anything major. Maybe this is the main reason why the kickstarter failed too. Maybe people still don't trust Vic from all the WD stuff? I still remember all the sealed games he had hoarded for so many years and sold them off on ebay too.

It wouldn't be Vic if a game doesn't suffer Working Designs-type delays. Still, the guy's trying to appease the folks that are interested in purchasing the physical version. The most popular critiques people made was they wanted the mix of cover choice C & D and others wanted him to use the Japanese CoH2 cover art. Also, it's not like once the voting ends, we'll receive the UMDs on our laps the next day. He mentioned the PSN version will come first, which looks like to be around by Mid-March tentatively if it passes Sony Q/A.

Yeah it's being delayed but you rather him just slap any ol' artwork on paper and call it a day? I, for one, am willing to wait. It's not like I'm going to play this the moment I get it.

Edited by worrybomb, 21 February 2013 - 08:45 AM.

#3911 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:10 AM

Gaijinworks has apparently rebooted the voting for the cover art of CoH2. For the final round of voting, Vic has whittled it down to a choice of 4 covers: 2 covers which were the most popular choices from the last voting round, 1 cover that is a mix variation of previous cover choices C and D, and by popular request, cover art that was used for the Japanese release of CoH2.

The top two choices will be used: one for the regular edition and the other for Kickstarter backers who supported the failed-CoH2 kickstarter.

You can vote at Gaijinworks' website.

Wheres the A love =(
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#3912 TerraBemani

TerraBemani

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:30 AM

Yeah I never expected the game when the voting ends. I just don't want to see another Duke Nukem Forever bullshit thing or Lunar 1/2 ps1 all over again. But hell in the end it really doesn't matter what I say or anyone else does. They'll release it whenever they want and it's not like we have any real say in it.

#3913 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:12 PM

Wheres the A love =(

Seriously, that purple skeletor-looking guy is awesome.

#3914 morrodox

morrodox

Hedonistic Iconoclast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:04 PM

I too am very surprised but also thrilled, as I refuse to spend money on things I can't physically own. (Would love to play Corpse Party, but...)

#3915 chunlirocks

chunlirocks

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:09 PM

Looks like C will take it

Guns always win baby
:joystick: CERTIFIED GRADE A VIDIOT:joystick:

IN MY CONSOLES - NOW PLAYING:
:ps3: BLAZBLUE and DEMON's SOULS
:360: MUSHIHIMESAMA FUTARI 1. 5
:ps2: EVERBLUE 2
:wii: METROID PRIME TRILOGY
:psp: Field Commander
:xbox: XYANIDE

#3916 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:24 PM

Yeah I never expected the game when the voting ends. I just don't want to see another Duke Nukem Forever bullshit thing or Lunar 1/2 ps1 all over again. But hell in the end it really doesn't matter what I say or anyone else does. They'll release it whenever they want and it's not like we have any real say in it.

What bullshit with Lunar 1/2? Endless delays I'm guessing?

Currently Playing -   :pc: Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut

Recently Completed -    :pc: Dark Souls PTD (Replay) 7/4  :pc: F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin 7/7   :pc: F.E.A.R. 2: Reborn 7/12   :pc: Divinity II: Ego Draconis 7/23

#3917 outerfox

outerfox

Allow Ants Peas

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:26 PM

The sadistic side of me wants the blank paper and crayons to win...

But I chose C. :p

Do you mean Magic Knight Rayearth? The game that was delayed so much for the Saturn that it ended up becoming the last game for Saturn in general. I don't remember Lunar 1 and 2 being delayed that heinously.

#3918 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

chose C as well, though D cover was a close 2nd choice.

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Sorcery Saga, :3ds: N/A, :360: DDP SDOJ, :ps3: Rocksmith 2014, :ps4: Dynasty Warriors 8

#3919 kamakazi5

kamakazi5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:52 AM

So I ordered the Atlier games and Mk2 through Play Asia but now they're asking for me to send them a photocopy of my CC and ID. I went ahead and added my card to Paypal but I have to wait for it to be verified. Has this happened with anyone else?
My games/what I'm playing - www.backloggery.com/kamakazi5

#3920 Rohsiph

Rohsiph

True Dark ending

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:02 AM

So I ordered the Atlier games and Mk2 through Play Asia but now they're asking for me to send them a photocopy of my CC and ID. I went ahead and added my card to Paypal but I have to wait for it to be verified. Has this happened with anyone else?

Yep, even though I used the additional optional verification step. Actually, they just called me as I was typing this for a voice verification on top of everything else.

Wonder how many sales they're losing due to the hoop-jumping . . . I seriously thought about just cancelling the order, but I doubt anything except Neptunia Mk2 will ever drop lower (and doubtful that'll ever drop below $20).

Rohsiph.png

#3921 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:49 AM

Wonder how many sales they're losing due to the hoop-jumping . . .

I know that I wouldn't do that. Sending a copy of an ID and credit card (especially with no idea who exactly is on the other end or how they'll handle the data) is just asking for identity theft. If Play Asia is allowed to be that paranoid, then so am I.

#3922 worrybomb

worrybomb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:21 AM

NISA held a press event today and announced a few titles that they will be localizing.

- Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness
- The Guided Fate Paradox (spiritual successor to ZHP)
- Time and Eternity (both game and anime series)

A few notes from the event: Nippon Ichi Software are planning to support the PS4, Witch and The Hundred Knights game is almost completed, and iOS app Character Chowdown will get an update this coming spring.

#3923 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:41 AM

NISA held a press event today and announced a few titles that they will be localizing.

Fuck, finally. I was getting nervous. Have had the teaser image they first released as my phone's wallpaper still. <3 Noizi Ito.

In other words, I'll pay anything for that game.

#3924 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:01 AM

I know some people are hating on it, but I still want to play Time and Eternity. I love the art style, and it's a pretty looking game. Can't wait for it.

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#3925 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:04 AM

I know some people are hating on it, but I still want to play Time and Eternity. I love the art style, and it's a pretty looking game. Can't wait for it.

Same here. I'm excited to see the CE I'm sure NISA has planned for it. :bouncy:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle; MGS3 HD  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Rogue Legacy
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/28]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Extreme] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#3926 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:15 AM

- Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness
- Time and Eternity (both game and anime series)

A few notes from the event: Nippon Ichi Software are planning to support the PS4, Witch and The Hundred Knights game is almost completed, and iOS app Character Chowdown will get an update this coming spring.

Awesome. I'm going to have to check out the document for the announcements to see if they are editing anything from T&E.

#3927 nitrosmob

nitrosmob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:18 AM

Looking forward to Time and Eternity and The Guided Fate Paradox....I think I've had enough Disgaea for a while but since it returns to my favorite characters likely from the series (also liked Disgaea 2's quite a bit), I'll pick it up somewhere along the way.

#3928 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:41 AM

English trailer for Guided Fate Paradox

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#3929 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:40 AM

Woah, that game straight up looks like Z.H.P mixed with Disgaea. Going on my hype list.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3930 sultangaming

sultangaming

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:03 PM

I'm really excited about Time and Eternity! Looks amazing.

Me getting Disgaea D2 is a given.

Firepowerr.png