Photo
* * * * - 32 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

• Please log in to reply
14864 replies to this topic

#4171 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:48 PM

Maybe they are doing Paypal first then, I paid with a card
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4172 Lei

Lei

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:48 PM

i cancelled my HDN V LE a while ago, so maybe a few others did the same (as to why it's back in stock)

#4173 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:54 PM

I have not been charged, paid with CC. Not worried though, cause the last thing they sent me was an email saying it was delayed (a second one).

#4174 Midori Monkey

Midori Monkey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:54 PM

To anyone else who got Neptunia V's LE. Have you been charged yet?

Slightly worried that my status hasnt changed after seeing others been charged, plus the LE is back in stock.

I haven't been charged either, and I also paid with CC.
Posted Image

#4175 sultangaming

sultangaming

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:58 PM

My credit card was billed for my Standard Pre-order a little big ago, but I obviously quickly ordered the LE when dgwillia pointed out it was back in stock. Thanks so much. :)

Firepowerr.png

#4176 Dezner

Dezner

Kanetsugu! <3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:22 AM

I haven't been charged either, and I also paid with CC.

Same, but the sooner the better for me! :D

OrangeGouf.png

#4177 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:05 AM

Maybe they are doing Paypal first then, I paid with a card

You can't really pre-order with paypal the same way you do with a credit card. With paypal you either pay or you don't. You pay as soon as you pre-order, when using paypal, regardless of how far out the ship date is.

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#4178 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:13 AM

To anyone else who got Neptunia V's LE. Have you been charged yet?

Slightly worried that my status hasnt changed after seeing others been charged, plus the LE is back in stock.

I was charged on my credit card at about 7:30 p.m. PST tonite for the LE.

#4179 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:25 AM

Just got charged here as well
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4180 SEGAMew

SEGAMew

Sonic Obsessed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:07 AM

I got charged on Paypal... months ago :P

#4181 nitrosmob

nitrosmob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:21 PM

I've done paying with Paypal with NISA for pretty much every pre-order I get from them. They always do some charge when you order to make sure it goes through, but it never goes through and they charge when they say they charge. They don't charge right away. Someone like Digital River....yes they charge right away...and it sucks....I like NISA because they only charge when shipping. You also get an email saying you're setting up a charge...but it wont happen fully for a while.

#4182 storino03

storino03

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:30 PM

Amazon is the same way too. They only charge your method when it actually ships.
Game Grabs! www.youtube.com/storino03

Posted Image

#4183 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:55 PM

I've done paying with Paypal with NISA for pretty much every pre-order I get from them. They always do some charge when you order to make sure it goes through, but it never goes through and they charge when they say they charge. They don't charge right away. Someone like Digital River....yes they charge right away...and it sucks....I like NISA because they only charge when shipping. You also get an email saying you're setting up a charge...but it wont happen fully for a while.

If you pay with PayPal (whether via credit card, bank account or existing balance), you get charged right away.

If you pay with a credit card, they do a temporary charge on your card to make sure the card is valid. After a few days, this pending charge goes away. They charge you the actual amount when the item ships.

It's really not that complicated.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :)

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#4184 NEP

NEP

Oogaboogabooga

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:14 PM

If you pay with PayPal (whether via credit card, bank account or existing balance), you get charged right away.

If you pay with a credit card, they do a temporary charge on your card to make sure the card is valid. After a few days, this pending charge goes away. They charge you the actual amount when the item ships.

It's really not that complicated.

Apparently it is, because that isn't what happened for me when I purchased Hyperdimension Neptunia MK2.

I placed the order, they made an authorization with PayPal for the full amount, 72 dollars or something like that, it was withheld from my account for a couple days, then returned. Then right before the game shipped they charged me for real.

#4185 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:28 PM

Apparently it is, because that isn't what happened for me when I purchased Hyperdimension Neptunia MK2.

I placed the order, they made an authorization with PayPal for the full amount, 72 dollars or something like that, it was withheld from my account for a couple days, then returned. Then right before the game shipped they charged me for real.

Looks like they did in fact update their PP policy that they can put authorizations on PP payments... which doesn't make sense because PP is payment service, not a credit service. I wonder why some people only had authorizations while others were charged?:-k

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :)

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#4186 Dezner

Dezner

Kanetsugu! <3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 04:25 AM

Just got charged here as well

Ah ha! I just re-checked now too, and same here. :3

OrangeGouf.png

#4187 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:54 AM

looks like there are more Neptunia games on Vita. One of them is a port or remake of the first game.

http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=525093

also new Atelier game

http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=525102

Edited by 62t, 17 March 2013 - 06:37 AM.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#4188 Dezner

Dezner

Kanetsugu! <3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:59 AM

Sign me up for all of them! :D

...If we get all of them, though. :(

OrangeGouf.png

#4189 EarthBoundX5

EarthBoundX5

Chef Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:22 PM

looks like there are more Neptunia games on Vita. One of them is a port or remake of the first game.

http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=525093

also new Atelier game

http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=525102

...Fuck, now I have to buy a Vita

I don't like having a sig, but for CAG, I figured I'd sheep along.

163177.pngfs_pc.png
http://gamercard.xbo...een/ChefJesusX5 eebeta-badge-small.png
GAP - Since 2003
CAG - Lurked well before current join date

#4190 chibilaharl

chibilaharl

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:01 PM

Anyone else feel the atelier series was a bit too...simple? I just found I couldn't get into the first ps3 one. But the graphics look so good, I am tempted everytime a new one is announced.. >.<
Currently looking to sell or trade: Duke Nukem Forever Complete Pack, Borderlands GOTY, Mafia 2, and more all activate on steam. PM me with offer.

#4191 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:13 PM

Totori (2nd) and Meruru (3rd) improve the formula significantly, with the latter being the best. You can get away with only playing those two (the Arland Trilogy) and Ayesha (which just came out) but you'll appreciate the references in the games more if you've played Rorona (1st)
Posted Image

It's cheap to ship to/from Canada. Please take a look at Magiic's Magiical Shipping Guide.
For info on Canadian Customs and Tax exemption check Here,
Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#4192 nitrosmob

nitrosmob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:55 PM

Anyone else feel the atelier series was a bit too...simple? I just found I couldn't get into the first ps3 one. But the graphics look so good, I am tempted everytime a new one is announced.. >.<

I personally didn't mind the game but found the combat extremly lacking. Kind of slow and boring there. I'm not a huge fan of the PS3 Arland Trilogy...but i'll support it and eventually play Totori and Meruru someday. I loved the Atelier trilogy for the PS2 though...with Atelier 3 being liked the lest and Atelier 1 the most there. I kind of hope someday they return to that type of game....feels more like an adventure.

#4193 Kosayn

Kosayn

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:19 AM

After playing and giving up on Atelier Rorona, I'd been introduced to the limited time management stuff, the combat being mostly about preparing and rationing consumables, the syrupy dialogue and all the other stuff about the PS3 games that isn't like Atelier Iris.

So I had more fun with Atelier Totori, personally. The crafting turned out to be reasonably deep, the voice was more bearable, and the humor seemed a bit more self-aware. But I think most people probably struggle with all of the above regardless of which game in the series they play first.

#4194 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:08 PM

Atelier Totori Plus For Vita Listed On GameStop In The U.S.

But there's a chance it might be downloadable only.

Edited by PimpLimp, 19 March 2013 - 08:46 PM.

#4195 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:17 PM

Did you mean to link to this page?

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/22]:  :ps3: MGS3 HD (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#4196 MulderYuffie

MulderYuffie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:17 PM

Not really a deal but here you guys go enjoy! :)
http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=526188

#4197 punkmaggit

punkmaggit

Masashi Hamauzu > you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:30 PM

As much as I don't like Tecmo Koei for not doing a CE for Ayesha, they've been really good on their US support of the Vita. Hopefully this gets a physical release.

#4198 scol

scol

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:37 PM

Been meaning to try the other Ateliers, but my Rorona experience wasn't all that for me. Would I be missing out if I just don't finish and skip that and move on to Totori & Meruru? Are the improvements/changes that much better than the 1st?

#4199 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:47 PM

Did you mean to link to this page?

Yeah I didn't realize the link was messed up, but I fixed it. Actually meant to link to a Siliconera article but that's pretty much the same thing.

#4200 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:51 PM

Sounds like Dragon's Crown is coming out in July for Japan.

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan