Photo
* * * * * 21 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

• Please log in to reply
10569 replies to this topic

#4411 wasabi5858

wasabi5858

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:43 PM

So when is the next console SMT game?

Dunno, I would imagine Persona 5 if you consider it SMT on PS4, but I am very excited for the crossover game on wii u.

#4412 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:50 PM

I have a feeling Persona 5 will be announced for :ps3: later this year, what with Persona 4 coming to the :ps2: after the :ps3: debuted.

...OK, so it's not so much a feeling as it is a hope, but can you blame me? :oops:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :ps4: Putty Squad :ps3: BioShock [Survivor, No Vita-Chambers] :vita: Guacamelee!; Rayman Legends [Daily Challenges]; Velocity Ultra
Last Beaten Game [4/18]:  :vita: Flying Hamster HD ( :))

Last Watched Film: The Passion of the Christ ( :applause: :applause: :applause:)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#4413 Olengie

Olengie

Minato Arisato is the Messiah

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:57 PM

I have a feeling Persona 5 will be announced for :ps3: later this year, what with Persona 4 coming to the :ps2: after the :ps3: debuted.

...OK, so it's not so much a feeling as it is a hope, but can you blame me? :oops:

Can't blame since I have the same feelings as well.

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#4414 wasabi5858

wasabi5858

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:25 PM

I wish they stay off Persona for awhile. Too many in too short a time. They are milking it for all it's worth but yawn, a HD SMT anything but would be my preference.

I still remember when their announcement was P4 and not SMT IV... huge disappointment for me... so soon after P3.

#4415 vherub

vherub

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:35 PM

Atlus does a pretty good job of not gouging customers.
There certainly will come a day when inflationary dev costs force $50 3ds games, but at least increases are quite rare compared to other industries.

#4416 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:37 PM

I wish they stay off Persona for awhile. Too many in too short a time. They are milking it for all it's worth but yawn, a HD SMT anything but would be my preference.

I still remember when their announcement was P4 and not SMT IV... huge disappointment for me... so soon after P3.

Are you talking about too many Persona games in general or just specifically P3 and 4?

If it's the latter 2 in 7 years doesn't seem like too many to me...

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#4417 nitrosmob

nitrosmob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:32 PM

I will pay 50 dollars for it cause I know it's a numbered SMT game first of all and plus it's Atlus. I really bought my 3DSXL because I remember seeing early videos of SMT 4. I will support them as much as I can and hope other developers wont see this as good idea to go higher on the usual 40 price. It is getting a bit to close to new console game releases....but it's SMT4....I will always pay more for that.

Edited by nitrosmob, 03 April 2013 - 07:44 PM.

#4418 storino03

storino03

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:20 PM

Aren't vita games around 40-50

#4419 NoRainNoRainbow

NoRainNoRainbow

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:23 PM

I preordered it, don't mind paying the extra $10 at all. I am, however, a bit irked that I won't be able to play it for a month after it comes out due to the fact that it releases while I'm at basic.

#4420 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:38 PM

I want that SMT 3DS XL. I doubt it'll come stateside, though.

#4421 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:47 PM

Same even though I'd end up having to sell my Pikachu one.

Currently Playing -   :pc: Dark Souls (Replay)   :3ds: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy   :pc: To the Moon

Recently Completed -  :3ds: The Starship Damrey 3/2   :psp: Ys: The Oath in Felghana 3/8   :psp: Valkyria Chronicles II 4/22

Selling  :psp: Class of Heroes II PSN Codes $10 

#4422 doodofdoods

doodofdoods

Prinny Powered

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:49 PM

Yeah it probably won't. But with SMTXFire Emblem coming out on Wii U, maybe NoA would be more open to bringing it over.
Posted Image

#4423 Flash Strife

Flash Strife

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:36 AM

Anyone know where to get Dragon's Crown for PS3 for less than $50? I remember when I pre-ordered it for $29.99 a while ago from amazon before it switched over to Atlus. Still want it, just not at $50. =/

#4424 biledriver

biledriver

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:06 PM

You are so far in the minority that you're really going to have to deal with the fact that you aren't going to get what you want. If they listened to you they would see profits drop of a cliff. The Persona series is their moneymaker, no one but niche fans care about the other games and they can't fund a project's development.

#4425 wasabi5858

wasabi5858

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:16 PM

sigh... whatever...
I probably have more Persona stuff than you do and support it more so, however, it is always fun when fans of a spin off dismissing the main series for its irrelevancy.

#4426 thrinn

thrinn

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:18 PM

Aren't vita games around 40-50

Typically they're around 30-40.

#4427 sterlingice

sterlingice

Former KS Deal Lackey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:34 PM

There is no one true CAG. Some are more "gamer," some are more "cheap" and certainly some are far more "ass."

Love it. :D

SI

#4428 MetroScotty

MetroScotty

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:38 PM

Typically they're around 30-40.

I can think of one that launched at $50 (Uncharted), but that's the only one I can think of off the top of my head.

#4429 Midori Monkey

Midori Monkey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:44 PM

I doubt it will come too, but I'm hoping maybe they release a high quality skin that looks like. But my luck would be that they do that and it's only for the 3ds and not the XL.
Posted Image

#4430 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:23 PM

Atlus does a pretty good job of not gouging customers.
There certainly will come a day when inflationary dev costs force $50 3ds games, but at least increases are quite rare compared to other industries.

What's your definition of gouging? They have one of the few $50 3DS games, they have a region-protected PS3 game which they made no bones about doing solely so they could maximize profits, they rereleased their DS SMT titles on 3DS with minor improvements, and their Vita game released to critical acclaim is a port of a PS2 title. I like their games but that's gouging by any definition of the word.

I can't imagine $50 3DS titles to be the norm - sales would drop off a cliff. And what other industries are you talking about that have seen price increases? Most other entertainment products have held steady while games have gradually gotten more expensive.

#4431 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:28 PM

Nisa announced that Black Rock Shooter is coming to PSN on April 23rd.

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#4432 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:21 PM

Project X Zone (:3ds:) now has a confirmed release date: June 25th...the same day as Muramasa Rebirth, BTW. ;)

Source: http://www.destructo...se-250898.phtml

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :ps4: Putty Squad :ps3: BioShock [Survivor, No Vita-Chambers] :vita: Guacamelee!; Rayman Legends [Daily Challenges]; Velocity Ultra

Last Watched Film: The Passion of the Christ ( :applause: :applause: :applause:)

#4433 RabbitSuit

RabbitSuit

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:30 PM

Project X Zone (:3ds:) now has a confirmed release date: June 25th...the same day as Muramasa Rebirth, BTW. ;)

Source: http://www.destructo...se-250898.phtml

That can't end well for Muramasa.

Yes! I am in a signature! :applause:

#4434 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:00 AM

That can't end well for Muramasa.

Muramasa is the better game though

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#4435 Waru

Waru

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:21 AM

Devil Summoner 2 is $24.52 right now from Shark Distributors and fulfilled by Amazon.

http://www.amazon.co... devil summoner

#4436 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:29 AM

is Muramasa LE Amazon only?

#4437 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:34 AM

is Muramasa LE Amazon only?

At the moment, it looks like it, though we've yet to get official confirmation.

Cloud_Squall78.png

#4438 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:42 AM

I can think of one that launched at $50 (Uncharted), but that's the only one I can think of off the top of my head.

Cod blops 2 and assassins creed 3: liberation.

xivpads.png

#4439 chibilaharl

chibilaharl

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:23 AM

Fellow Cags i have a conundrum. I Have preordered Soul Hackers on Amazon, however I am debating on weather or not I should cancel it. I have always bought the SMT games, but for the life of me I cant think of one I have played longer than a few hours (other than persona) I just find thatI get disinterested by the first person view. Should I pick it up?
Currently looking to sell or trade: Duke Nukem Forever Complete Pack, Borderlands GOTY, Mafia 2, and more all activate on steam. PM me with offer.

#4440 MulderYuffie

MulderYuffie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:58 AM

Fellow Cags i have a conundrum. I Have preordered Soul Hackers on Amazon, however I am debating on weather or not I should cancel it. I have always bought the SMT games, but for the life of me I cant think of one I have played longer than a few hours (other than persona) I just find thatI get disinterested by the first person view. Should I pick it up?

At least by keeping the pre-order you will for sure get yourself a copy instead of regreting it and shelling out more than it will be at launch later down the line. Also comes with the OST thingy so remember that. If you even want to play it sometime down the road you will have it. I say unless your hurting for money then keep your pre-order. At least if you decidde to not keep it you will be able to sell for a profit.