Photo
* * * * - 29 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

• Please log in to reply
14223 replies to this topic

#5011 Jotamide

Jotamide

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:52 PM

Has the NISA online store ever had a sale? Their games don't seem to go on sale as often.

Posted Image

#5012 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:06 PM

Has the NISA online store ever had a sale? Their games don't seem to go on sale as often.

I'm pretty sure they did something for BF last year, didn't they? I remember getting HDN mk2 for $30.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D 

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :) 

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#5013 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:22 AM

Preordered Tales of Symphonia

Also found Trinity Universe at Gamestop on Sat so I decided to buy it.

I think the only other JRPG's I want that are out now for PS3 are Atelier Mereru and Ayesha, and maybe Cross Edge. Is Cross Edge any good?

Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#5014 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2013 - 02:48 AM

Not really a deal per se, but Gamestop has a preorder bonus for Dynasty Warriors 8 (release date: 7/16): A Warriors Costume Pack.

http://www.gamestop....0#bonusFeatures

There's no image, but I saw an ad in-store promoting the bonus and the costumes look pretty cool. Sorry, I wasn't able to take a picture. :cry:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: Just Cause 2; MGS3 HD [Speed Run for Vita Platinum]  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/20]:  :ps3: MGS3 HD (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#5015 Dark_Sage

Dark_Sage

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:14 AM

Is Cross Edge any good?

No.

#5016 lutz

lutz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:42 AM

Cross Edge is horrible. It's like Agarest Wars, but even worse.

#5017 Dark_Sage

Dark_Sage

Posted 10 June 2013 - 04:12 AM

These past few days have been dominated by "is this game good?" questions, so have a super-ultra PS3 cross-reference guide for J-RPG-buying decisionery:

Spoiler

The ultimate take-away from this is that J-RPGs have led a sad existence this home console gen. Only Valkyria Chronicles, Tales of Vesperia, and Ni No Kuni will change anybody's minds toward the genre, while the already converted are struggling to find anything that can replicate the experiences of yesteryear. If you're looking for good J-RPGs to enjoy, you're probably not gonna find any on the home consoles. :/

#5018 NeoStrayCat

NeoStrayCat

Cat Person! :3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:51 PM

If anyone's wondering, Project Diva - F is up for pre-order ($50) at Gamestop's online store (for now, no other retailers have it up yet).

www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/hatsune-miku-project-diva-f/109941

"Let me Play a Sad Song for you on the World's Smallest Violin!" :-({|=

33313.png

#5019 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:57 PM

Awesome, might try to pre-order Project Diva F in-store.  Intersting, Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection is still not available to pre-order on U.S. Gamestop's  website.

#5020 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:47 PM

These past few days have been dominated by "is this game good?" questions, so have a super-ultra PS3 cross-reference guide for J-RPG-buying decisionery:

Spoiler

The ultimate take-away from this is that J-RPGs have led a sad existence this home console gen. Only Valkyria Chronicles, Tales of Vesperia, and Ni No Kuni will change anybody's minds toward the genre, while the already converted are struggling to find anything that can replicate the experiences of yesteryear. If you're looking for good J-RPGs to enjoy, you're probably not gonna find any on the home consoles. :/

What a terrible list that should probably be avoided like the plague lol.

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#5021 NeoStrayCat

NeoStrayCat

Cat Person! :3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:51 PM

Also related, BB: ChronoPhantasma gets a localization from Aksys yet again, heard they're gonna release it next year (oh well), also, still PS3 only (360 users get shunned...>_>), no date or price...yet.

"Let me Play a Sad Song for you on the World's Smallest Violin!" :-({|=

33313.png

#5022 Bacon Parade

Bacon Parade

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:18 PM

While I may not agree fully with his whole list, he is correct that there wasn't many excellent JRPGs released this gen.

Tiger_Driver.png

Spoiler

#5023 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:53 PM

Spoiler

I don't completely agree with your lists (I'd drop XIII-2 to the bottom section, and probably at Lost Odyssey somewhere near the end of the top section) but your sentiment is pretty accurate.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D 

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :) 

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#5024 dsman3717

dsman3717

Just a regular CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:02 PM

Does anyone think the Time and Eternity Limited Edition from NIS America is worth the $65?  I completely forgot about the game and see that they have less than 25% stock remaining.  As someone who got the Limited Edition sets for The Atelier games and Neptunia games, I kinda feel like this set is a bit lacking.  So I don't know whether to get the LE or regular edition of Time and Eternity. (Or not at all lol) 

ilovehinata.png

Currently Playing: :ps4: Watch_Dogs     :ps3: FFX/X-2 HD, Tale of Symphonia HD Chronicles   :360: Tales of Vesperia   :wiiu: Mario Kart 8, Pikmin 3   :vita: Hyperdimension Neptunia PP, Atelier Rorona Plus    :3ds: Senran Kagura, PW Ace Attorney 5

#5025 lutz

lutz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:08 PM

I don't agree with the list either, but we all have different tastes. However, I do think his tiering system is flawed as there should be four levels :p

Spoiler

#5026 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:56 AM

I'm not even going to get into breaking the list down item by item. I am very particular about differentiating between objective and subjective problems. People all have different tastes, and that's fine, but a lot of people lack the ability to see if something is good/bad or if it is just something they like/don't like lol.

(Although, lutz, I like your list quite a bit more! My biggest gripe would be putting NIER into a one of a kind, must be experienced category lol. There may be some drawbacks (the combat is adequate, nothing else, and the graphics were dated before it even came out, but experiences of that tier just don't come along very often, and the overwhelming greatness of the whole package washes away the slight flaws like an ocean vs a cup of water lol.)

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

#5027 lutz

lutz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:45 AM

Thanks for liking my list. It's still a rough draft, but I just felt the previous halfassed list was too incomplete :p

Nier is very underrated though. It's way better then some of these other titles that got the same scores on gaming websites. Still falls short from the cream of the crop for me though...

#5028 Dark_Sage

Dark_Sage

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:00 AM

I'm not even going to get into breaking the list down item by item. I am very particular about differentiating between objective and subjective problems. People all have different tastes, and that's fine, but a lot of people lack the ability to see if something is good/bad or if it is just something they like/don't like lol.

(Although, lutz, I like your list quite a bit more! My biggest gripe would be putting NIER into a one of a kind, must be experienced category lol. There may be some drawbacks (the combat is adequate, nothing else, and the graphics were dated before it even came out, but experiences of that tier just don't come along very often, and the overwhelming greatness of the whole package washes away the slight flaws like an ocean vs a cup of water lol.)

Nier is obejctively good? Oh my.

I suppose I could agree with you if it weren't for a story more stale than some of the weapon flavor text from Cavia's previous failed game - Drakengard, characters whose sole points of interest can only be learned from reading the Japanese Grimoire Nier guide, gameplay that is simultaneously imbalanced and consistently dull, plot "twists" that can only be garnered through multiple play-throughs and were clearly grabbed from scrapped Drakengard ideas, mismanaged gate points (most RPGs let you know when you're about to face a boss, so that you can potentially grind if you can't handle it, but Nier throws you at a boss, locks the doors behind you, and hopes that three hours later you don't want to strangle a kid because you're too underpowered to beat it without playing a perfect match - and underpowered only because the mindless fetch quests didn't provide enough sway to get you to do), a limited, disengaging world, and character development best described as devolution.

The game is a broken, janky mess. And while there are rare occasions of brilliance, the entire package is best approached with caution. Nier is not an objectively good game. It has a very, very vocal audience supporting it, but the experience is love-it-or-hate-it. Don't act like it's a 10/10 because it's not and never was.

I'm willing to play with you on any of the other games on my list, since you apparently took much offense at it. I actually put more thought into it than you did your entire playthrough of Nier, so I think my ten minutes spent ranking the games will be useful to those who need the advice.

#5029 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:03 AM

Nier is obejctively good? Oh my.

I suppose I could agree with you if it weren't for a story more stale than some of the weapon flavor text from Cavia's previous failed game - Drakengard, characters whose sole points of interest can only be learned from reading the Japanese Grimoire Nier guide, gameplay that is simultaneously imbalanced and consistently dull, plot "twists" that can only be garnered through multiple play-throughs and were clearly grabbed from scrapped Drakengard ideas, mismanaged gate points (most RPGs let you know when you're about to face a boss, so that you can potentially grind if you can't handle it, but Nier throws you at a boss, locks the doors behind you, and hopes that three hours later you don't want to strangle a kid because you're too underpowered to beat it without playing a perfect match - and underpowered only because the mindless fetch quests didn't provide enough sway to get you to do), a limited, disengaging world, and character development best described as devolution.

The game is a broken, janky mess. And while there are rare occasions of brilliance, the entire package is best approached with caution. Nier is not an objectively good game. It has a very, very vocal audience supporting it, but the experience is love-it-or-hate-it. Don't act like it's a 10/10 because it's not and never was.

I'm willing to play with you on any of the other games on my list, since you apparently took much offense at it. I actually put more thought into it than you did your entire playthrough of Nier, so I think my ten minutes spent ranking the games will be useful to those who need the advice.

Given the fact that I'm getting a vibe that someone that worked on Nier ran over your dog or insulted your sister, and you devolved into some slight petty name calling, I'm not really interested in continuing this conversation with you in any way, shape, or form. I'm not interested in talking to a brick wall and, with a response like that, that's what you seem to be.

I will just say (and yet here I am continuing it lol) that as a game, Nier does have some problems. It's certainly not the mess you made it out to be, but it's also definitely not perfect. As an experience, however, (which is a pretty damn big part of an RPG) it is wholly unique and should really be experienced. The story is mature (Kaine is not so much, but her repartes with Weiss adds some humor into what is otherwise a very bleak game), sorrowful, and haunting. It's not full of shounen tropes and forced happy endings. The main character is also an adult and a father, which puts it into a totally different perspective from your typical JRPG hero. The world is a melancholic place with a very interesting history. The world that they give you is also very diverse (nothing worse than a lack of diversity in locations) and interesting to explore, but carries a persistent sorrowfull atmosphere that ties it all together. The game must be fleshed out by the player to understand this, though. That includes in game reading, talking to extra people, and seeing the rest of the endings (This is very important). The soundtrack is also absolutely gorgeous and very different for a JRPG. You can moan about and exaggerate the gameplay issues all you want (I never experienced any of the frustrations that you did, so I suppose that depends on play style--get better, lulz =P) it doesn't take away from the experience in any way

#5030 Echoes

Echoes

Farm roads ftw

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:14 AM

Not really a deal per se, but Gamestop has a preorder bonus for Dynasty Warriors 8 (release date: 7/16): A Warriors Costume Pack.

http://www.gamestop....0#bonusFeatures

There's no image, but I saw an ad in-store promoting the bonus and the costumes look pretty cool. Sorry, I wasn't able to take a picture. :cry:

I had the game preordered anyway (DW is my favorite franchise), so I guess this is just an added bonus xD Thanks for the heads up.

steam_sig.png

Forms_and_Shapes.png

#5031 MulderYuffie

MulderYuffie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:21 AM

Sorry I forgot to post this earlier looks like things are going down over at Atlus. :(

http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=585466

76561198049491727.png

mulderyuffie.png

#5032 AugustAPC

AugustAPC

Not For Sale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:45 AM

Just plain bad:

Record of Agarest War series (I, II, Zero)

Record of Agarest War 1 is a great game. Zero is decent, as it's pretty much the same as 1.

#5033 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:57 AM

Sorry I forgot to post this earlier looks like things are going down over at Atlus. :(

http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=585466

I swear if Dragon's Crown gets delayed again.......

Posted ImagePosted Image

#5034 Pheria

Pheria

I play some games. But mostly just buy them.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:30 PM

Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F can be ordered on Amazon now!

http://www.amazon.co...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Posted Image

#5035 destro4eva

destro4eva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:49 PM

I want that PS3 region free LE D&D Chronicles of Mystaria game, I see the regular edition on Amazon.JP but it looks like I don't see the limited edition.  But even if they had it, US customers can't get games from Amazon Japan can they? The list price is $123 after conversion and Play Asia wants $175 for it, anyone else know a way of paying MSRP for this one? 

#5036 Jotamide

Jotamide

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:53 PM

Any deals on Virtue's Last Reward? Aksys games never go on sale. :cry:

Posted Image

#5037 Echoes

Echoes

Farm roads ftw

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:17 PM

It will be free on PS Plus later this month.

steam_sig.png

Forms_and_Shapes.png

#5038 Jotamide

Jotamide

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:30 PM

It will be free on PS Plus later this month.

Sorry I meant for the 3DS.

Posted Image

#5039 ck76

ck76

Winter is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:59 PM

Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F can be ordered on Amazon now!

http://www.amazon.co...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Only $50 as well! Hot diggity I will be monitoring this to see if anyone has a deal like maybe a New Egg.  Either way I am getting it day one to thank Sega.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5040 akir

akir

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:49 PM

there's a used copy on amazon's warehouse which is their used game store.

http://www.amazon.co...id=&seller=&sr=