Photo
* * * * * 37 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

• Please log in to reply
17091 replies to this topic

#5161 nitrosmob

nitrosmob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:46 AM

Backed Soul Saga myself...getting it for PS4....looks cool!

#5162 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:57 AM

I contributed without hesitation.  It looks like something I'll enjoy, and by contributing now we get to play our part in unlocking some of the awesome stretch goals.

I would love to, if they extended a physical copy to AT LEAST the Vita.

xivpads.png

#5163 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:18 PM

anyone snag muramasa? there was no soundtrack. GS guys said its in the LE box. Is that true? what about those of you that got the reg edition?

seems odd for a pre order to be in the box

My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#5164 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:31 PM

Thinking about ordering Soul Hackers for $30 from Best Buy. How do they ship them? There aren't any near me but I can select site to store - are they shipped with better packaging to the store? I just don't want to get a crushed box in a bubble mailer. 

Currently Playing - :3ds:  Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan   :vita: Danganronpa

Recently Completed -     :pc: Divinity II: Ego Draconis 7/23  :pc: Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut 8/12   :3ds:  Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan 9/7

#5165 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:41 PM

anyone snag muramasa? there was no soundtrack. GS guys said its in the LE box. Is that true? what about those of you that got the reg edition?

Yes.

It is in the LE box, yes. It was considered something of a "complete" edition (adding it as a pointless bonus), though normal people can get it with the normal game. 

Mine was sealed with my copy of the game, which caused the soundtrack case to get damaged (it is paper after all).

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#5166 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:57 PM

thanks much. seems like an odd preorder bonus if its just with the game but whateve

My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#5167 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:04 PM

I got a regular Muramasa from Newegg two days ago, and they included the soundtrack CD in the bubble mailer with my game.  Would have easily bought the LE of this game had it included an artbook like Dragon's Crown will, but sadly they opted for other extras that really didn't excite me much.  I already have a Hori Face Cover for my Vita (and LOVE it), so I didn't need another one, and the velvet bag wasn't all that exciting.

#5168 AlphaConqerer

AlphaConqerer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:35 AM

Not certain if this is the right thread for Dragon's Crown preorders, but newegg just sent me an email that they cancelled my preorder for that game along with the $10 promo code I've had it preordered under for about a year now.  Anyone else get this?  Wondering if they're exacting retribution for me returning Project X Zone or if they are just being newegg...

EDIT: Or maybe they automatically cancel pre-orders after a full year from date of pre-order?  Hmmm...

#5169 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:42 AM

Not certain if this is the right thread for Dragon's Crown preorders, but newegg just sent me an email that they cancelled my preorder for that game along with the $10 promo code I've had it preordered under for about a year now.  Anyone else get this?  Wondering if they're exacting retribution for me returning Project X Zone or if they are just being newegg...

Most likely NE being NE. However, if you got it at the old $30 dollar price, then that might be why. 

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#5170 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:04 AM

Shit, I need to follow this thread more closely.  I missed out on ordering the Time and Eternity LE.

Also, if I were to pre-order the Tales of Xillia CE, do you think the figure would sell for a decent amount?  I'm only interested in the artbook and soundtrack.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#5171 airblade

airblade

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:14 AM

Shit, I need to follow this thread more closely.  I missed out on ordering the Time and Eternity LE.
Also, if I were to pre-order the Tales of Xillia CE, do you think the figure would sell for a decent amount?  I'm only interested in the artbook and soundtrack.

Read the reviews for Time and Eternity.

Abysmal reviews everywhere.

#5172 CzakJ

CzakJ

In your dreams, show no mercy.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:49 AM

Wow. Glad I checked this thread and got turned onto Soul Saga. Looks awesome. Think I might throw in some cash for my first Kickstarter.

Makes me wish I still had my copy of Skies of Arcadia though...

#5173 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:07 AM

Read the reviews for Time and Eternity.

Abysmal reviews everywhere.

Yeah, it makes me feel a little better about it, but I'm a sucker for artbooks.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#5174 HakaHina

HakaHina

Glasses God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:34 PM

Killer is Dead Launch copies come with an 80-page hardcover art book, a soundtrack CD containing 25 tracks, and a “Smooth Operator” DLC pack that contains the following items:

• Gigolo Glasses
  • Alternate costume for Vivienne and Mika
  • A bonus Gigolo Mission with Betty
  • An additional episode with the vampiric Sebastian

Posted Image

#5175 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:03 PM

Killer is Dead Launch copies come with an 80-page hardcover art book, a soundtrack CD containing 25 tracks, and a “Smooth Operator” DLC pack that contains the following items:

• Gigolo Glasses

I'm very, very tempted to preorder this now... :-k

Shadow of Mordor ( :ps4:) Best Buy Preorder DLC for sale - PM me with offers!

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps4: The Evil Within [Speedrun] :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2 :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World Red

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [10/19]:  :vita: Akiba's Trip (4.5/5)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#5176 HakaHina

HakaHina

Glasses God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:33 PM

I'm very, very tempted to preorder this now... :-k

Me too, partly because the artbook is hardcover and looks bigger than the game case.

Posted Image

#5177 nitrosmob

nitrosmob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:43 PM

• Gigolo Glasses

Dang it August is too full for me....I want this pretty badly...too many games....too many! I think i'm up to 5 or 6  now.

#5178 Olengie

Olengie

Yukari & Rise are the Best Girls.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:49 PM

That Killer is Dead Launch Edition sweetens the deal for me. :lol: Might have to buy

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#5179 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:22 PM

Seems like most Xseed upgrades/special editions stick around for a while after release... I can't bring myself to bite.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Valhalla Knights 3 - :-|

:ps3: Zone of the Enders 2nd Runner HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#5180 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:25 PM

I saw this on joystiq the other day

There'a a JRPG coming out next year called Soul Saga, its inspired by alot of older PSOne era RPGs like final fantasy, breath of fire, persona etc. It currently has a kickstarter going and has reached its main goal, now its just a matter of hitting all of its stretch goals!

its releasing digitally on the PS4/Vita, WiiU, and PC and you can secure a copy by backing it here 

http://www.kickstart...assics?ref=live

I pledged in for a ps4/vita and wiiU copy!

also heres a video of how the basic combat will be but its still in pre-alpha

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=hSFSP67eYo4

I've never used kickstarter before, so I'm not sure if this is the norm. But holy that is a lot of pledge tiers offered I have no idea what to start with. Anyone care to share what tier/option they picked?

#5181 ck76

ck76

Winter is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:56 PM

I've never used kickstarter before, so I'm not sure if this is the norm. But holy that is a lot of pledge tiers offered I have no idea what to start with. Anyone care to share what tier/option they picked?

I did base $15 for PS4 version.  Can start there and adjust if you want extra goodies.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5182 Fairy

Fairy

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:15 AM

Am I the only one looking forward to getting the Time and Eternity LE? The art looks good. The story can't be too bad. In fact I want to put aside all my backlogs and play it when it's available.

#5183 nitrosmob

nitrosmob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:28 AM

Am I the only one looking forward to getting the Time and Eternity LE? The art looks good. The story can't be too bad. In fact I want to put aside all my backlogs and play it when it's available.

The story looks cliche and silly enough I will likely enjoy it. I'm sure the gameplay will be slightly better than some RPGs I've played (some of those 8-bit throwbacks are just horrible...among other horrible RPGs I've gone through). It looks really nice and I'm sure i'll get my enjoyment out of it. Also helps the CE looks beautiful.

#5184 D.Choy

D.Choy

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:31 AM

No you are not the only one. I've been excited for it ever since it was announced and released in Japan. I am a big fan of various anime so I think I can look past some of the negatives people tote. At the end of the day, liking a game comes down to the individual player and no one should tell you otherwise. 

#5185 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:36 AM

Nope, the bad reviews have me curious to see just how bad it is. It peaked my interest back when it was announced though, so I guess I'll see how it is for myself. I can usually find some enjoyment out of most games, unless they are just terrible lol. To my own surprise, I enjoyed Trinity Universe and Rorona way more than I had expected.

#5186 spydar_32

spydar_32

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:38 AM

EDIT: Or maybe they automatically cancel pre-orders after a full year from date of pre-order?  Hmmm...

This happened to me too, but i had $12 off of Dragon's Crown and The Witch and the hundred knights.  I got online with them and they said it was a system glitch.  They offered me another $10 off to re-preorder (totaling $34 off the two games).  Though if they do get the artbook (which she wouldn't confirm) my place in line was reset. 

Because of losing my place in line for the art book, I was pondering asking for a bigger discount, but i didn't want to chance it. 

The way they are giving me the $34 back is a little sketchy though.  The CSR said that after I email her the new order number she'll watch for the order to be completed and then she'll credit my method of payment 2 or 3 days after it ships.  I figure i'll just wait to see what happens, as it's possible I'll get $34 off of Dragon's Crown.

I went ahead and ordered it at amazon to make sure i get an art book though.

#5187 Hydelloon

Hydelloon

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:58 AM

Nope, the bad reviews have me curious to see just how bad it is. It peaked my interest back when it was announced though, so I guess I'll see how it is for myself. I can usually find some enjoyment out of most games, unless they are just terrible lol. To my own surprise, I enjoyed Trinity Universe and Rorona way more than I had expected.

I agree, i will also keep my pre-order

#5188 SephirothWF

SephirothWF

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:38 AM

Does anyone know if Gamestop.com REALLY does have the Project X Zone limited edition? Its the only one listed.

#5189 Fairy

Fairy

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:51 AM

I'm glad to see some Cags feel the same about T&E, and Jrpg in general.

Does anyone know if Gamestop.com REALLY does have the Project X Zone limited edition? Its the only one listed.
They did have it. I saw many in my local GS but they didn't allow me to buy, saying they were all for preorders. GameStop.com should also have some.

#5190 D.Choy

D.Choy

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:17 AM

Like Fairy said, GameStop.com still has some in stock. Your best bet would be to call your local stores around you. All initial shipments of Project X Zone were the limited edition copy (except for Newegg and their crappy fiasco). So if you can find a Target, Best Buy, or GameStop with 1st edition copies you would be able to buy it from a B&M store. Otherwise GameStop.com wouldn't be a bad choice if you could find a free shipping coupon like SAVER.

Better decide quick because when they are gone they are gone. With that said the LE is cool and all but it isn't that great. It's just nice since it was the same cost as a vanilla copy.