Photo
* * * * * 37 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

• Please log in to reply
16971 replies to this topic

#6331 themaster20000

themaster20000

You sleeping yet?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:04 AM

Wait till it hits $20. It's extremely short,with a story that really makes no sense at all. The gameplay is just okay,but it could've been better if it were more refined. Compared to other hack and slash games on the market it's shit,but still worth a playthough

Hey, is Killer Dead a good game. I seen reviews and they say it bad game but i would like to hear a gamers opinion. Is worth getting now? Should i wait until its at $20 mark?

#6332 thelonepig

thelonepig

Greasy Pork Pirates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:06 AM

Hey, is Killer Dead a good game. I seen reviews and they say it bad game but i would like to hear a gamers opinion. Is worth getting now? Should i wait until its at $20 mark?

I enjoyed it, but it's short, nonsensical, and suffers from screen tearing. The controls are smooth and responsive. The story is Suda's take on 007, which is to say it is difficult to follow and makes nearly no sense. The gigolo sequences are nowhere near as bad as the media has made them out to be. I wouldn't encourage anyone to pay full price, but I'm not upset I paid $50 for it either.

#6333 Danger Zone: Archer

Danger Zone: Archer

Not really here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:12 AM

I enjoyed it, but it's short, nonsensical, and suffers from screen tearing. The controls are smooth and responsive. The story is Suda's take on 007, which is to say it is difficult to follow and makes nearly no sense. The gigolo sequences are nowhere near as bad as the media has made them out to be. I wouldn't encourage anyone to pay full price, but I'm not upset I paid $50 for it either.

Wait till it hits $20. It's extremely short,with a story that really makes no sense at all. The gameplay is just okay,but it could've been better if it were more refined. Compared to other hack and slash games on the market it's shit,but still worth a playthough

Thanks guys for the input. I think i can wait, but i really want to try out that gigolo sequence those look very interesting to play.

gt+Atheist+don+t+believe+in+anything+rel

#6334 NeoStrayCat

NeoStrayCat

Cat Person! :3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:00 AM

So guys, I dunno if this might be a good/bad thing, but now we welcome another company to the Niche thread, and its...Idea Factory (Int.)! o.o

http://www.siliconer...ens-u-s-branch/

http://www.ideafintl.com/

#6335 Olengie

Olengie

Yukari & Rise are the Best Girls.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:02 AM

Lets just hope for the best. :lol:

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#6336 NeoStrayCat

NeoStrayCat

Cat Person! :3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:04 AM

I dunno, but we'll see soon enough, lol. ;)

#6337 Asmith906

Asmith906

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:28 PM

Hopefully that means those Hyperdimension Neptunia Vita remakes will get localized

#6338 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:27 PM

Anyone get that Etrian Odyssey remake? Wondering if it's worth picking up.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#6339 wasabi5858

wasabi5858

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:15 PM

Hopefully that means those Hyperdimension Neptunia Vita remakes will get localized

Never understood why people even want this game... it is like one of the most boring, put you to sleep game I've played.  This is one game that I feel definitely fall into the niche != worth playing game which I think too many people like them just because of that.  

#6340 wasabi5858

wasabi5858

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:19 PM

The cool cover art is worth picking it up :)

Story mode should be awesome. Copy from Amazon is due for delivery today.

#6341 Frahps

Frahps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:43 PM

The cool cover art is worth picking it up :)

I'm sad that the outer box art is ruined by the HUGE "soundtrack inside!!" Image. Sad that it's goodbye to Atlus manuals from now on in 3DS games... They used to be the best! I thought they would continue since although EOIV didn't have one, Soul Hackers did. Guess that was the last one...

#6342 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:30 PM

Got Etrian myself, I love the series.

Also got Rune Factory 4. Apparently the shipping/release dates are fucked up. My store said the release wasnt till like friday so I grabbed one at another store.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6343 Zbornak

Zbornak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:26 PM

There's a lengthy demo available on the eshop, and it lets you import your save into the full version if you buy it.  It's been getting great reviews, too.  Of the twenty reviews listed on Metacritic, all but two are 80 or better.

Posted Image

#6344 wasabi5858

wasabi5858

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:03 PM

Also got Rune Factory 4. Apparently the shipping/release dates are fucked up. My store said the release wasnt till like friday so I grabbed one at another store.

I preorder rune factory 4 at my local gamestop. went there earlier today and it didn't come in tho they already have EO:U.  I was told they only received 2 copies, 1 being my preorder.  Just got a VM from the store that it did just came in so I guess I will go pick it up before leaving on a short business trip.  I also paid off my Zelda windwaker CE since I won't be back to pick it up on Friday so they better hold it for me.

also got txt from my ups store that my EO:U came in so woooohoooo... decision decision. RF4 or EO:U to play during the trip.

#6345 mask-air-raid

mask-air-raid

Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda

• Banned

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:14 PM

I am getting it today, but I have a test this week and a lot of homework, so I can't play it for a while.

Does anyone know if I can return it without the pre-order bonus?

Swag Bucks referral: http://swagbucks.com/refer/newmask
GiftHulk invite code:RD172480
ShopKick: http://get.shopkick.com/barium13444
Gets you GC and PayPal cash. Over 0 CAGs referred!
Send me a PM if you use my links so I know who you are.

#6346 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:40 PM

I am getting it today, but I have a test this week and a lot of homework, so I can't play it for a while.

Does anyone know if I can return it without the pre-order bonus?

Preorder bonus is packaged inside the sealed cardboard box, so nope.

#6347 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:53 PM

Was there a bonus for RF4?

PM for BB GCU and Elite+ services!

#6348 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:31 PM

Was there a bonus for RF4?

Nope

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#6349 mask-air-raid

mask-air-raid

Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda

• Banned

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:43 PM

Preorder bonus is packaged inside the sealed cardboard box, so nope.

So it's an LE? I thought it was added to a regular edition. I wouldn't have gotten it I knew. I can't even play it for a while.

#6350 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:56 PM

There's a lengthy demo available on the eshop, and it lets you import your save into the full version if you buy it.  It's been getting great reviews, too.  Of the twenty reviews listed on Metacritic, all but two are 80 or better.

demo is only the first two floors..

getting  this  tomorrow and   Rune 4    hopefully  Thursday  via gamefly.     need to figure what one i need to ship back by monday so  i have an open slot for pokemon x y 

WOOOO I STINK

#6351 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:24 PM

Etrian Odyssey looks good but my problem is I just don't wanna spend $40 on a game I wont get to for a few months. Although I want the LE. Decisions...

Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#6352 Tommie1357

Tommie1357

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:27 PM

Same here $40 might be to much

#6353 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:32 PM

Shin Megami Tensei IV is on sale for $39.99 at BB and Amazon ... good deal?

#6354 mask-air-raid

mask-air-raid

Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda

• Banned

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:44 PM

Might be regular edition. Even the LE wasn't amazing enough to be excited to get it for $40.

#6355 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:55 PM

Also just curious, anyone who ordered the Disgaea D2 LE+Guide get charged yet? Could have sworn the email said if you ordered early enough you'd be charged by today.

And I ordered mine the hour it went up

Posted ImagePosted Image

#6356 Toranth

Toranth

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:26 AM

Also just curious, anyone who ordered the Disgaea D2 LE+Guide get charged yet? Could have sworn the email said if you ordered early enough you'd be charged by today.

No billing yet for me, and no update to the order status either.

#6357 themaster20000

themaster20000

You sleeping yet?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:47 AM

I got an email a few hours ago saying they recieved my payment,though I ordered just the LE without the guide.

#6358 HakaHina

HakaHina

Glasses God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:26 AM

Mine has also been processed. Ordered the guide version
Posted Image

#6359 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:02 AM

I order it around the same time and didn't get charged, though I only ordered the LE. 

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#6360 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:55 AM

Etrian Odyssey looks good but my problem is I just don't wanna spend $40 on a game I wont get to for a few months. Although I want the LE. Decisions...

I'll wait for a drop.  Amazon should have Untold Story LE for at least several months.  Some people still getting EOIV LE depending on where it's shipped from.

PM for BB GCU and Elite+ services!