Photo
* * * * - 30 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

• Please log in to reply
14250 replies to this topic

#6661 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:10 PM

My Disgaea D2 guide shipped, but didn't get it yet after a few days and the tracking # they gave me says invalid.

Same for anyone else?

Mine shipped Sunday and I didnt see it before I left Thursday. Not sure if it came yet since im out of town
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6662 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:17 PM

Wait, the ad says "Save $20" on Xillia, making it originally $40. Future price drop?

Ni No Kuni at $15 is great though. MSRP should be $20 now I thought, and it is getting a Greatest Hits version.

Surprised Dragon's Crown is $30 in that ad, a mere $10 off at current prices.

#6663 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:19 PM

Wait, the ad says "Save $20" on Xillia, making it originally $40. Future price drop?

Ni No Kuni at $15 is great though. MSRP should be $20 now I thought, and it is getting a Greatest Hits version.

Surprised Dragon's Crown is $30 in that ad, a mere $10 off at current prices.

Dragon's Crown (:ps3:) was only $39.99 ($29.99 for the Vita version) through this past Tuesday--it's back up to $49.99 everywhere now.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: Just Cause 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/22]:  :ps3: MGS3 HD (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#6664 acpstunts

acpstunts

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:28 PM

Not sure if anyone posted this but play-asia has tales of xillia (first printed.) for 30. http://www.play-asia...en-70-49b0.html

PSN: e46drvr

3DS FC: 3883-5747-9055

Steam ID: acpstunts

#6665 C-Zero

C-Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:35 PM

Not sure if anyone posted this but play-asia has tales of xillia (first printed.) for 30. http://www.play-asia...en-70-49b0.html

Japanese....

IDK about you but my Japanese isn't good enough for a JRPG.

#6666 TerraEpon

TerraEpon

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:35 PM

It's the Asian version, and "DLC code must be redeem with the Asian Hong Kong PlayStation Network account".

#6667 acpstunts

acpstunts

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:37 PM

oh wow totally missed that lol

PSN: e46drvr

3DS FC: 3883-5747-9055

Steam ID: acpstunts

#6668 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:00 AM

It's the Asian version, and "DLC code must be redeem with the Asian Hong Kong PlayStation Network account".

oh wow totally missed that lol

Keep in mind, it just needs to be redeemed on an Asian account. It should work with any region. 

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#6669 SpidrMnky

SpidrMnky

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:33 AM

Xenoblade is also going for $40. Surprised no one mentioned that yet.

It's also B2G1 on pre-owned games so it's an even better deal, unless they somehow exclude Xeno.

:hot: Earn free Amazon Gift Cards! PM if you have questions. :hot: 

#6670 XxFuRy2Xx

XxFuRy2Xx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:37 AM

Ugh, hate to see ni no kuni get the ugly red greatest hits case. Hope I can find the non greatest hits version somewhere.

Please check out my channel: Alan Bytes Back!

MyAnimeList

#6671 shawnmelo

shawnmelo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:46 AM

Ugh, hate to see ni no kuni get the ugly red greatest hits case. Hope I can find the non greatest hits version somewhere.

check target 

#6672 umbry

umbry

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:19 AM

Anyone else get the email about the Atlus games being on sale?

Which are some good RPGS to get?

#6673 Bios Element

Bios Element

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:29 AM

Everything Persona for starters.

In addition, I got Knights in Nightmare and Crimson Gem Saga based on recommendations and reviews. I doubt you could go wrong though.

Looking for a friendly little gaming community? You should check out BiosHub! We play a little bit of everything, from Natural Selection 2 and PlanetSide 2 to Guild Wars 2 and AI Wars. - http://bioshub.com/

#6674 mask-air-raid

mask-air-raid

Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:32 AM

I want to get P4G. Let's get Persona 4 Golden.

Swag Bucks referral: http://swagbucks.com/refer/newmask

GiftHulk  invite code:RD172480

ShopKick: http://get.shopkick.com/barium13444

Gets you GC and PayPal cash. Over 0 CAGs referred!

Send me a PM if you use my links so I know who you are.

#6675 bruceg

bruceg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:00 PM

I really wish they'd stop making games for Nintendo systems and move them all over to PC/PS3/Vita. I've absolutely no interest in the hardware Nintendo puts out nowadays, but the system gets great games. :(

Yeah, since the wii u is basically at the same level of an eight year old 360, Nintendo should get out of hardware like Sega did and concentrate just on software -- one fewer system to own in order to play all the games.

#6676 Thermopyle

Thermopyle

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:05 PM

Yeah...they've got tons of great games, but the Wii U is a gimmicky POS. Same with the dual-screen aspect of the DS systems, IMO. I had one for a while and it always felt like a kids toy to me with the silly little stylus and the tiny, low-quality screens. I had an original Gameboy when it came out...and that was fine for when I was that age...but the 3ds doesn't feel like an adult toy, it feels like it's aimed at the age I was when the GB came out.

Thermopyle2.png

#6677 argyle

argyle

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:49 PM

Well I personally disagree about the Wii U being gimmicky (the DS too, for that matter).  The Wii's motion controls, sure.  The 3D aspect of the 3DS?  Yup, but since you can turn it off & ignore it completely it really doesn't matter.  But I love the dual screen aspect of both systems, it's a feature that's actually very useful when used correctly.  

At any rate, Nintendo owns Monolith Soft (the Xenoblade dev) so good luck with waiting on their games to appear anywhere else.  ;)

Posted Image

#6678 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:19 PM

Well I personally disagree about the Wii U being gimmicky (the DS too, for that matter).  The Wii's motion controls, sure.  The 3D aspect of the 3DS?  Yup, but since you can turn it off & ignore it completely it really doesn't matter.  But I love the dual screen aspect of both systems, it's a feature that's actually very useful when used correctly. 

The 3D aspect does matter. It's expensive, gimmicky technology that increases the cost of each unit. It's why the 3DS retailed for $250 originally before they dropped it in response to the Vita. Without Vita, it would have stayed that high for much longer. Nintendo finally understands this if they're making new ones without 3D technology. But you're right that they won't give up on making hardware unless they absolutely have to - licensing software for their machines is just too profitable.

#6679 umbry

umbry

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:24 PM

I want to get P4G. Let's get Persona 4 Golden.

Same. One of the main games I want on Vita.

I played all the other Persona's when they were on PSP

#6680 nitrosmob

nitrosmob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:46 PM

3DS 3D is a bit gimmicky though it's fun to use at times (I like to use it for cutscenes such as in the Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask it looks excellent). I can't play with it all the time mainly cause I have very sensitive eyes and they start to hurt a little while after using it. The touch screen on the bottom of both the 3DS and DS is awesome though...sometimes it feels weird trying to use the thumbstick or such and use a stylus too but it's decent esp in some games like Etrian Odyssey 4 where you can draw the maps. 

#6681 uncle5555

uncle5555

Grumpy Veteran CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:13 PM

I'm not.  It means level 5 had a good selling game...for once.

The GH case, is your mental disorder talking (too many people have OCD with case colors around here) :roll:

The CAG motto: "Maybe you'll luck out and get the game during a sale before it sells out, maybe not, that's the life of a CAG. Luck of the draw. And timing is everything."

#6682 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:04 PM

The 3D aspect does matter. It's expensive, gimmicky technology that increases the cost of each unit. It's why the 3DS retailed for $250 originally before they dropped it in response to the Vita. Without Vita, it would have stayed that high for much longer. Nintendo finally understands this if they're making new ones without 3D technology. But you're right that they won't give up on making hardware unless they absolutely have to - licensing software for their machines is just too profitable.

1) People suspect it wasn't that the 3DS cost $250 due to the 3D, but cost $250 dollars because thats what people suspected it would cost. 

2) The 2DS isn't designed with that in mind, but with children. There were a lot of speculation that points to it was designed to be less breakable, cheaper, easier to hold and like 10 other things that would appeal to younger children. Additionally, several people on CAG liked it for their young ones, but would have got a 3DS for older ones.

At any rate, Nintendo owns Monolith Soft (the Xenoblade dev) so good luck with waiting on their games to appear anywhere else.   ;)

I fully agree and find it funny how many people hype remote play, which is just a more costly and longer distance version of what the Wii U is doing. Or to be more exact, Nintendo copied the idea of the original remote play and blended it with their DS concepts to make a new console.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#6683 falcon815

falcon815

Ride on my coattails

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:30 PM

Haven't seen anyone else mention this since we all got shipping notifications: for anyone who's still waiting on their Class of Heroes Kickstarter physical version, mine arrived today (Indiana) via USPS.  Everything arrived in tip-top shape, plus they threw in a neat little card. 

Good luck to the rest of you who ordered, hope you all get it soon.

#6684 TerraEpon

TerraEpon

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:02 AM

15 million sales across six Layton games isn't good?

#6685 JAR

JAR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:11 AM

Also received Class of Heroes with Certificate of Perspicacity. Arrived in bubble mailer but in good shape.

#6686 salishan

salishan

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:13 AM

Hope my Class of Heroes arrive this week:)

#6687 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:46 AM

Still waiting for my coh to arrive.

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Dragon Fantasy book 2, :3ds: Link's Awakening, :360: DDP SDOJ, :ps3: Rocksmith 2014, :ps4: Dynasty Warriors 8

#6688 sirpikaz

sirpikaz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:35 PM

The GH case, is your mental disorder talking (too many people have OCD with case colors around here) :roll:

Check Gamestop, I found a mint condition steelbook for the used price, if you don't see it ask, I've gotten several steelbooks this way, they charge the same for them.

#6689 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:03 PM

if my ni no wasnt sealed id swap for gh case in a snap i think it looks way better

#6690 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:11 PM

I paid $60 day one for Ni No Kuni and Tales of Xillia, no regrets myself so I'd absolutely be all over them at $20 or less.

While I have not played ToX yet (still wrapped until I decide I wanna play it), I will say Ni No Kuni is fantastic. ToX probably is fantastic too because the Tales Series never seems to let down.

For $20, it's a no brainer. Especially Ni No Kuni, that might just be my GOTY.

Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly