Photo
* * * * - 34 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

• Please log in to reply
15925 replies to this topic

#7201 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:32 AM

I don't know if this has been mentioned but DJ Max for the Vita is $39.99 for the U.S. version with free shipping. That's the lowest I've seen that game get.

http://www.play-asia...en-70-5wdp.html

That's tempting, but I might hold off for the PSN digital version to go on sale. I'm still on the fence with this one, seeing how I don't have a Vita at the moment.  Not having a paper manual is also discouraging.

#7202 ケネディ (KNDY)

ケネディ (KNDY)

Fan of Japanese Import Games!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:57 AM

Aside from "Tales of Xillia" being pricematched on Amazon, "Kingdom Hearts Remix", "Final Fantasy Theaterythm" on (or was on) sale and the ICO set for $9.99.... I'm a bit shocked that Aksys, Xseed, NIS America, Atlus game sales that we have seen in the past on Amazon are zilch on BF.

Hopefully, "Dragon's Crown", "Code of Princess", "Killer is Dead" "Sweet Fuse: At Your Side", "Zero Escape" and others go down in price.

I'm hoping "RE6", "Project x Zone", "Fire Emblem" go down...

Feel Free to Add me:
XB360/PSN: kndynt2099 | Wii CODE: 8397 9641 9718 7362 | 3DS CODE: 4141-2473-3225 | Steam

CHECK IT OUT -> J!-ENT 20TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL ISSUE (2013) (58MB/PDF)

#7203 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:00 AM

Aside from Tales of Xillia being pricematched on Amazon, Kingdom Hearts Remix on sale and the ICO set for $9.99.... I'm a bit shocked that Aksys, Xseed, NIS America, Atlus game sales that we have seen in the past on Amazon are zilch on BF.

Hopefully, "Dragon's Crown", "Code of Princess", "Killer is Dead" "Sweet Fuse: At Your Side", "Zero Escape" and others go down in price.

I think Amazon matched Gamestop's sales on Dragon's Crown and Killer is Dead.  I know someone mention Sweet Fuse several posts ago so somewhere might have that on sale.

PM for BB GCU and Elite+ services!

#7204 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:07 AM

My Gamestop had the LE for Killer is Dead for $40. Is that a good price for it? Not entirely sure what comes with the LE

#7205 BlindJoker

BlindJoker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:07 AM

Aside from "Tales of Xillia" being pricematched on Amazon, "Kingdom Hearts Remix", "Final Fantasy Theaterythm" on (or was on) sale and the ICO set for $9.99.... I'm a bit shocked that Aksys, Xseed, NIS America, Atlus game sales that we have seen in the past on Amazon are zilch on BF.

I'm hoping "RE6", "Project x Zone", "Fire Emblem" go down...

Almost missed ICO/Shadow for $9.99. Thanks.

#7206 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:08 AM

Almost missed ICO/Shadow for $9.99. Thanks.

They're both free for PS+ and subs are on sale everywhere

#7207 NeoStrayCat

NeoStrayCat

Cat Person! :3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:11 AM

My Gamestop had the LE for Killer is Dead for $40. Is that a good price for it? Not entirely sure what comes with the LE

Dunno, but what's in the LE is an Artbook, Soundtrack, and a DLC code for Gigolo Glasses (or something like that), so yeah...>_>

#7208 BlindJoker

BlindJoker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:19 AM

They're both free for PS+ and subs are on sale everywhere

Yeah, I know but for $10 bucks I can own it and not have to worry about losing access to them when I get tired of PSN+. Plus it can test out remote play on them with my Vita since I currently have Vita fever.

#7209 Matenshi

Matenshi

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:23 AM

Same here. I went through the checkout process all the way up till when they asked for Paypal and didn't see any place to put in the code. Blegh.

Thanks for the heads up though, I'll browse through their stock in the interim.

Edit: The sale sucks after looking into it. 30% off is great, but there's a flat $5 shipping fee for each item. The Jubei plush is nice but not good enough to make up for the shipping.

Has anybody figured out where to put the stupid code for the Aksys sale? I'd like to get 999 from them, but they don't seem to want my money. =P

#7210 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:27 AM

That's MSRP I believe.  It's ok I guess seeing as it may be hard to find the LE (first print) version

PM for BB GCU and Elite+ services!

#7211 SephirothWF

SephirothWF

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2013 - 07:44 PM

Not sure if it has been posted, but bad news :(

http://www.gameinfor...operations.aspx

#7212 SpidrMnky

SpidrMnky

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:43 PM

Definitely bad news but hopefully someone buys them in Bankruptcy.

:hot: Earn free Amazon Gift Cards! PM if you have questions. :hot: 

#7213 TheKbob

TheKbob

Rock On, Duder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:57 PM

That's a good price on Technika Tune... I have DJ Max for PC and bought DMJP3 while $20 (I know there's hate, but I like it...).  I spent my Amazon funds and some cash on Muramasa Rebirth and Dragon's Crown for my Vita... so those three (plus an unfinished Persona 4 Golden!) will keep me busy for a long time to come!

Some really great Japanese game deals today. 

Posted Image

#7214 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:19 PM

Saw it on Siliconera.  What a bummer.  I've never played a Rune Factory game I didn't enjoy, and RF4 is selling more briskly than any before it.

I know they worked on some Lufia and Shining Force games, too, but I assume those were not Lufia I, II or Shining Force I, II or III.  :)  Anyway, Rune Factory is quality.

#7215 Asmith906

Asmith906

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:23 PM

That's a good price on Technika Tune... I have DJ Max for PC and bought DMJP3 while $20 (I know there's hate, but I like it...).  I spent my Amazon funds and some cash on Muramasa Rebirth and Dragon's Crown for my Vita... so those three (plus an unfinished Persona 4 Golden!) will keep me busy for a long time to come!

Some really great Japanese game deals today. 

I didn't even know DJ Max had a pc version. I bought a copy of DJ Max Portable 3 new for like $8. The song selection was okay but I liked the music more in DJ Max Technika.

#7216 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:24 AM

ok... where the hell do you enter the BLUE promo code on Aksys's site for the 30% off? I may be blind but i just cant find it. I was trying to snag a couple copies of ragnarok tactics. Wanted Sorcery saga too but its sold out

*edit*

Has anybody figured out where to put the stupid code for the Aksys sale? I'd like to get 999 from them, but they don't seem to want my money. =P

looks like im not the onnly one... cmon no one knows?

My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#7217 zenosparadox

zenosparadox

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:34 AM

Saw it Siliconera.  What a bummer.  I've never played a Rune Factory game I didn't enjoy, and RF4 is selling more briskly than any before it.

I know they worked on some Lufia and Shining Force games, too, but I assume those were not Lufia I, II or Shining Force I, II or III.   :)  Anyway, Rune Factory is quality.

Saw it on Siliconera.  What a bummer.  I've never played a Rune Factory game I didn't enjoy, and RF4 is selling more briskly than any before it.

I know they worked on some Lufia and Shining Force games, too, but I assume those were not Lufia I, II or Shining Force I, II or III.   :)  Anyway, Rune Factory is quality.

They developed Lufia I & II and Shining Force Neo and Shining Force EXA.

#7218 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:44 AM

They developed Lufia I & II and Shining Force Neo and Shining Force EXA.

Wow!  Just to be sure, the SNES Lufia I and II?  Gosh I loved those games.  I have wanted re-releases for years, or even just Virtual Console releases.

#7219 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2013 - 06:40 AM

Wow!  Just to be sure, the SNES Lufia I and II?  Gosh I loved those games.  I have wanted re-releases for years, or even just Virtual Console releases.

All the Lufias.

elessar123.png

#7220 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2013 - 06:47 AM

Never forget...Neverland.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=tbBg5Mb0avI

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=RBnYGYa6l3M

:-({|=

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/21]: :ps3: Just Cause 2 (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#7221 Matenshi

Matenshi

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:35 AM

ok... where the hell do you enter the BLUE promo code on Aksys's site for the 30% off? I may be blind but i just cant find it. I was trying to snag a couple copies of ragnarok tactics. Wanted Sorcery saga too but its sold out

*edit*

looks like im not the onnly one... cmon no one knows?

I emailed their online orders division, but haven't gotten a response. I love Aksys, but this is just kind of sad. (It looks especially bad when I emailed Winter Wolves on the same day and got a response in like 2 minutes.)

#7222 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2013 - 08:49 AM

Never played any of the games in the Lufia series.  Maybe I'll pick up Rune Factory 4 one day.

Went ahead and ordered from Aksys Games website before the end of Black Friday.  I hope things get straightened out.

#7223 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:16 PM

http://www.siliconer...message-future/

This might be hope, or it might not be.  Who knows.  Japanese society dictates such vagueness.  

#7224 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:28 PM

As Japanese games have become marginalized in recent years, I wonder if we will see more developers shutter their doors. I think Cing, the makers of Hotel Dusk and Little King's Story, shut down for similar reasons.

#7225 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2013 - 08:07 PM

Aksys Games has fixed their code input issue, least that's what I have been led to believe.  Now to figure out how to cancel a Paypal order from them and reorder.

#7226 umbry

umbry

Posted 30 November 2013 - 08:28 PM

Picked up Ys: Seven from the PSN sale.

Gosh I love this game.

#7227 SeraphiMichael

SeraphiMichael

Divine Messenger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2013 - 10:17 PM

Shame about Neverland :\      I am hoping somebody will have Atelier Ayesha for $20 or less by Cyber Monday

#7228 sherlock2g

sherlock2g

Posted 30 November 2013 - 10:50 PM

Shame about Neverland :\      I am hoping somebody will have Atelier Ayesha for $20 or less by Cyber Monday

Me too. I like the Atelier series.

robsAgeek.png

#7229 Bacon Parade

Bacon Parade

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:18 AM

For those that don't currently follow the Amazon Lightning deals thread, Soul Hackers will be $9.99 in a little less than 3 hours from this post.

Tiger_Driver.png

Spoiler

#7230 umbry

umbry

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:20 AM

For those that don't currently follow the Amazon Lightning deals thread, Soul Hackers will be $9.99 in a little less than 3 hours from this post.

Thx man.