Photo
* * * * - 34 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

• Please log in to reply
15783 replies to this topic

#8101 nitrosmob

nitrosmob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:39 AM

1cGoVqo.pngWhat have I done?

Made your digital gaming library amazing. Heck I bought The Guy game at Gamestop....i'm sure this is a much better decision.

#8102 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:54 AM

Time and Eternity has gotten such a bad rep that people are trying to push the game in the other direction with extreme bias or sarcasm.

#8103 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:55 AM

Bought Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 at GS yesterday. I decided to get it now just before it becomes harder to find, plus it was in decent shape.Cover looks a tiny bit faded (don't know if that's just how the cover is), but the disc appears to be in pristine, almost never opened condition.

Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#8104 Olengie

Olengie

Yukari & Rise are the Best Girls.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2014 - 02:56 AM

I need to pick up Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 one of these days.

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#8105 mxpowar

mxpowar

Menace II Sobriety

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:14 AM

All Amazon has posted about it is:

• Unleash Blistering Attacks - The world possesses red, green, and blue magic. Absorb these colors to unleash powerful magical attacks. Everything from devastating tornados to shapeshifting - Magus's abilities are sure to please any fantasy fan.
  • Evolve and Become Unstoppable - Choose between throwing fireballs or manipulating gravity - or both! Hone in on one type of magic to become the master of it or learn them all, and let no one stand in your way.

For some reason, that description reminds me of a very old game from the original Xbox called Nightcaster. I actually remember enjoying that game so I'll keep an eye out for this one.

#8106 Thermopyle

Thermopyle

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:16 AM

I need to pick up Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 one of these days.

I bought the first one. Haven't played it yet. I kind of feel like I should have grabbed mk2 instead. Oh well.

Thermopyle2.png

#8107 Commodore Wheeler

Commodore Wheeler

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2014 - 06:18 AM

Just a quick question, would people rather get the Tales Collectors edition from amazon or gamestop. I got the xillia one from gamestop and I was impressed with the packaging. It fit pretty well in the box so there were practically no wear and tear on the box.

Is amazon a pretty reliable shipper when it comes to condition of their packages for collectors editions?

I've bought LEs from Amazon, New Egg, GameStop, and Best Buy on multiple occasions, and I would say that GameStop does the best job of packing those LEs so that they are not damaged in shipping.

I would have said that Best Buy does an equally great job, until they shipped my ACIV LE in its original packaging. Didn't even put it in a bag, just stuck a shipping label on the side and sent it off with the UPS man. I was surprised that the plastic slipcover was still on when the game arrived.

New Egg has consistently been the worst for me as far as shipment of LEs go. They just throw them into a padded envelope, and the LE almost always arrives with a crushed box.

Amazon has been just as bad as New Egg with the smaller LEs. With the bigger ones, though, their packing has been fine for the most part.

My personal rule of thumb now: any LE that is likely small enough to fit in a padded envelope should be ordered from GameStop. Any LE ordered from BB should be marked as a gift so they don't ship it in its original packaging.

#8108 Asmith906

Asmith906

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2014 - 06:56 AM

has there been any news of hyper dimension vita remake coming to the U.S.? I'm thinking of selling my ps3 copy if it has improvements.

#8109 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:50 AM

has there been any news of hyper dimension vita remake coming to the U.S.? I'm thinking of selling my ps3 copy if it has improvements.

yea, id like to know too. I think i only bought the LE from NISA for that one and didn't pick up a vanilla copy to actually play. Id rather not open the LE when i get to it. Seems hard to get a new copy for a reasonable price

My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#8110 Supplice

Supplice

Popcorn.gif

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:09 AM

None, at all. To sum up the improvements, it basically plays like Victory.

#8111 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:53 PM

Just a quick question, would people rather get the Tales Collectors edition from amazon or gamestop. I got the xillia one from gamestop and I was impressed with the packaging. It fit pretty well in the box so there were practically no wear and tear on the box.

Is amazon a pretty reliable shipper when it comes to condition of their packages for collectors editions?

*looks at my pretty badly dented boxes for SMT IV and Project X Zone from Amazon*, yep... Buying a CE from Amazon is playing a game of chance. Always expect any CE from Amazon will come in damaged because they don't know how to Fuck ing ship items and the people working at those shipping places probably just throw shit around.

Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#8112 Cloyd

Cloyd

JRPG Fanboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2014 - 02:33 PM

I bought the first one. Haven't played it yet. I kind of feel like I should have grabbed mk2 instead. Oh well.

I just completed Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 last night (easily) at around 27 hours and found it to be a pretty solid/funny JRPG. Of course there is replayability with alternate endings, with new game plus, scenes you get with specific conditions, et cetera. I'm looking to Platinum the game and it hasn't gotten overly tedious as you can skip cut scenes and breeze through most of the content with the NG+ stats. You can also download free add-ons for new zones for specifically power leveling, and getting new items. Plus an arena to fight stronger opponents. 

I have the Collector's Edition of HN: Victory, but I'm hesitant to open it. I bought Tales of Xillia:CE from Namco's site for about half off. Ended up taking advantage of PS+ and bought the digital download for $10. I shouldn't be such a collector-snob.

Cloyd-Royal.png

Currently Playing:  :ps3: Tales of Xillia -  :vita: Sorcery Saga -  :pc: Diablo III - Reaper of Souls

Games Beaten 2014 - :ps3: Hyperdimension Neptuinia Mk2 : :ps3: Hyperdimension Neptunia V : :ps3: Ni No Kuni - Wrath of the White Witch : :ps3: Uncharted - Drake's Fortune :        

:ps3: Child of Light : :vita: Conception 2: Children of the Seven Stars : :ps3: The Walking Dead - Season One / 400 Days : :ps3: A Wolf Among Us 

#8113 bruceg

bruceg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:34 PM

The game was OOS at the Walmart closest to me, but listed as 'limited stock' at the next closest location. Now I'm wondering whether or not  their online indication of a store's stock of an item is actually reliable. By the way, thanks for the tip.

Maybe.  There might be a single game in the glass case, or none at all.  At least that was my experience.  I remember trying to find a 'limited stock' Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition and they couldn't locate it anywhere.

#8114 acpstunts

acpstunts

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:31 PM

http://www.ign.com/a...fcb74e01800000c

PSN: e46drvr

3DS FC: 3883-5747-9055

Steam ID: acpstunts

#8115 kyoya

kyoya

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:39 PM

Here are some finds that I came across at Walmart.com, some you may already know and some you may not.  There are some Nintendo published titles from smaller Japanese developers and Harvest Moon titles from Natsume in there.  The quality and price varies, but just a note, as many of you known the North American publishing arms of Ignition Entertainment and Hudson have closed, so these are some of the last you'll see from them as they cleared out stock - I don't know how rare some will become.  Here they are:

Nostalgia (DS) (Ignition Entertainment) $9.96

Spectral Pectral Force Genesis (DS) (Ignition Entertainment) $9.96

New Zealand Story: Revolution (DS) (Ignition Entertainment) $9.96

Laevatein Tactics (DS) (Aksys Games) $9.96

The Legend of Kage 2 (DS) (Taito/Square Enix) $8.85

Izuna 2: The Unemployed Ninja Returns (DS) (Atlus) $14.96

Dr. Lautrec & the Forgotten Knights (Nintendo 3DS) (Konami) $9.96

Deathsmiles Standard Edition (XBOX 360) (Aksys Games) $9.96

Honeycomb Beat (DS) (Hudson) $6.96

Miami Law (DS) (Hudson) $14.96

Magical Starsign (DS) (Nintendo is the publisher - Club Nintendo Points) $8.51

Elite Beat Agents (DS) (Nintendo is the publisher - Club Nintendo Points) $8.67

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn (DS) (Nintendo is the publisher - Club Nintendo Points) $9.44

Picross 3D (DS) (Nintendo is the publisher - Club Nintendo Points)  $9.60

Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box (Nintendo is the publisher - Club Nintendo Points) $9.96

Professor Layton and the Unwound Future (Nintendo is the publisher - Club Nintendo Points) $13.80

Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies (DS) (Nintendo is the publisher - Club Nintendo Points) $14.96

Puchi Puchi Virus (DS) (NIS America) $8.95

Witch's Wish (DS) (Natsume) $9.96

Squishy Tank (DS) (Natsume) $9.26

Cheer We Go (DS) (Natsume) $9.96

Harvest Moon DS Cute (DS) (Natsume) $14.79

Harvest Moon Island Happiness (DS) (Natsume) $14.79

Harvest Moon: Sunshine Islands (DS) (Natsume) $14.95

Harvest Moon: Tale of Two Town (DS) (Natsume) $19.96

Rune Factory 2: Harvest Moon Fantasy (DS) (Natsume) $18.21

#8116 nitrosmob

nitrosmob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:48 PM

Huzzah even with some censoring...lame, but I do enjoy card battle games nonetheless as long as it's not a pay2win free game it gets my purchase.

#8117 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:01 PM

Spectral Pectral Force Genesis (DS) (Ignition Entertainment) $9.96

I know it's Walmart's fault, and not yours, but that just looks so weird. Spectral Pectral.

elessar123.png

#8118 Pheria

Pheria

I play some games. But mostly just buy them.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:02 PM

Awesome that this is coming here. The censoring is unfortunate. I wonder how severe that will be.

Anyone know how import friendly the Japanese version is for a non-Japanese speaker?

Edit: I have a bad habit of asking questions, THEN going to Google. Second post here covers import-friendliness

http://nisamerica.co...10452&start=525

Posted Image

#8119 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:50 PM

Awesome that this is coming here. The censoring is unfortunate. I wonder how severe that will be.

Anyone know how import friendly the Japanese version is for a non-Japanese speaker?

Edit: I have a bad habit of asking questions, THEN going to Google. Second post here covers import-friendliness

http://nisamerica.co...10452&start=525

I'm going to assume the second, more revealing images won't be in the Western releases, but I'm just speculating.

Spoiler

elessar123.png

#8120 3GSid

3GSid

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:05 PM

Yay for more localization! As others said, it is unfortunate for the censoring, but I guess that's what they have to do to have it released.

From what I've read all the core gameplay, ALL of it, is still intact, it is just changed images. May be wrong though.

And (Correct me if I'm wrong) but isn't this Idea Factory International's first game being localized by themselves? I do hope it goes well so many more will follow!

My Completed Anime List

http://myanimelist.n...tatus=2&order=4                      

My Tradelist

http://www.cheapassg...ion-animemanga/

#8121 Supplice

Supplice

Popcorn.gif

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:14 PM

I remember that game being nearly sold out the first day last year. :-o  I'm looking forward to double dipping on this for the plat if the list is different. 

#8122 CookieParty

CookieParty

Artist formerly known as Burritoman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2014 - 12:13 AM

I'm looking for an opinion or 2 on here.

Any thoughts on Ragnarok ACE for PS3 or Witch and the Hundred Knight?

I plan on picking up one or both of them.

Check out our blog: http://abloggymess.com/ Plenty of fun for everyone!

3DS Friend Code: 2492-4618-0670 Always looking for new Pokemon!

Get free stuff with my Swagbucks Referral Link: http://swagbucks.com/refer/cookieparty

#8123 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:53 AM

I'm looking for an opinion or 2 on here.

Any thoughts on Ragnarok ACE for PS3 or Witch and the Hundred Knight?

I plan on picking up one or both of them.

same here, i am interested in those two games too. lol

#8124 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:59 AM

Anyone else not able to use the store locator for those games?

Currently Playing - :3ds:  Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan

Recently Completed -     :pc: Divinity II: Ego Draconis 7/23  :pc: Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut 8/12   :3ds:  Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan 9/7

#8125 STEVE05

STEVE05

The Darkest Timeline

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:29 AM

Anyone else not able to use the store locator for those games?

Store locator worked for me, although I noticed it wasn't working correctly with a few of the games...I'm just assuming no stores close to me had those in stock.

Anyone getting any of those Wal-mart games? I might get Golden Sun, but I don't know much about the others.

#8126 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:35 AM

Store locator worked for me, although I noticed it wasn't working correctly with a few of the games...I'm just assuming no stores close to me had those in stock.

Anyone getting any of those Wal-mart games? I might get Golden Sun, but I don't know much about the others.

I didn't see it for the ones I tried. Izuna, Nostalgia, and Tactics. Works for Spectral Force though. 

Recently Completed -     :pc: Divinity II: Ego Draconis 7/23  :pc: Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut 8/12   :3ds:  Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan 9/7

#8127 Asmith906

Asmith906

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:44 AM

Tales of Vesperia $4.94 on Games on Demand.

http://marketplace.x...d07e9?cid=SLink

#8128 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:47 AM

Gold only.

#8129 Thermopyle

Thermopyle

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:00 AM

That's tempting even though I don't have a 360.

Oh well. Maybe in 10  years there will be 360 emulators and I can play it that way.

Thermopyle2.png

#8130 Cloyd

Cloyd

JRPG Fanboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:14 AM

If it were translated for the PS3 I'd snag it, lol. It's a shame we never had the PS3 version, with the extra goodies, localized. You either have to play it reading from a Translation script, or wait for the ToV translation group to finish the hack and play the JPN PS3 game on a jailbroken PS3. After beating Hyperdimension Neptunia last night, I'd..I'd feel guilty.

Cloyd-Royal.png

Currently Playing:  :ps3: Tales of Xillia -  :vita: Sorcery Saga -  :pc: Diablo III - Reaper of Souls

Games Beaten 2014 - :ps3: Hyperdimension Neptuinia Mk2 : :ps3: Hyperdimension Neptunia V : :ps3: Ni No Kuni - Wrath of the White Witch : :ps3: Uncharted - Drake's Fortune :        

:ps3: Child of Light : :vita: Conception 2: Children of the Seven Stars : :ps3: The Walking Dead - Season One / 400 Days : :ps3: A Wolf Among Us