Photo
* * * * - 34 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

• Please log in to reply
15895 replies to this topic

#871 Panther Cat

Panther Cat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2011 - 04:08 AM

This is pretty YMMV, but I saw Arc Rise Fantasia at a local Best Buy today on clearance for $19.99. Seems to be a decent deal, considering the lowest price on Amazon is $30 ($24.92 + $4.98 shipping).

#872 GreenSpark

GreenSpark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2011 - 04:26 AM

This is pretty YMMV, but I saw Arc Rise Fantasia at a local Best Buy today on clearance for $19.99. Seems to be a decent deal, considering the lowest price on Amazon is $30 ($24.92 + $4.98 shipping).

Went to two different Best Buys in the last 2 days and both had it for that price, so maybe happening at all of them. Picked up a copy myself, as it seemed like this was taking forever to drop below $35.

#873 SeraphiMichael

SeraphiMichael

Divine Messenger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2011 - 06:10 PM

I once ordered Dragon Quest IV new for $19.99 from Hastings and received Ninja Gaiden. Apparently the SKU on the site for DQ IV translated to that in their inventory. I was told I could re-order it at 29.99 and they would try and give me it for 19.99 but considering they couldn't just do that over the phone I decided against it just in case.

#874 oscargrouch

oscargrouch

Posted 15 June 2011 - 06:28 PM

Went to two different Best Buys in the last 2 days and both had it for that price, so maybe happening at all of them. Picked up a copy myself, as it seemed like this was taking forever to drop below $35.

No dice at my two local Best Buys. But DC metro area doesn't usually have any deals.

#875 Callidus

Callidus

Collectaholic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2011 - 06:43 PM

thats actually not what i heard at all, ive seen many threads with people bitching about getting orders canceled, changed, wrong items, ect from gohastings.

Id actually like to get a sealed copy of steal princess, but am leery i may get a reseal or something. Anyone order from them? does it have the y-folds?

I've ordered from goHastings a couple times (both through their own site and through Amazon). When I've ordered used stuff from them they have typically come in pretty good shape. Every time I've ordered a "New" game from them through Amazon, I've gotten a used copy. They are more than willing to send you a return label and issue a refund, but I've never done it simply because the prices I've paid on them have been reasonable for like-new used stuff.

Bottom line though, if you're ordering a "new" one from them through Amazon and are specifically looking for a new one, don't hold your breath.

#876 caedeskhan

caedeskhan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2011 - 06:58 PM

Do you guys think it is worth waiting for a GS price drop on the Hyperdimension Neptunia and Ar Tonelico 3 LEs ? Both of them seem to have a smaller printing than the LE of Aterlier Rorona so I'm afraid they could be sold out or hard to find before $40.

#877 storino03

storino03

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2011 - 07:08 PM

That's because Rorona had a reprint a few months later. I'm sure the same will happen to the other two.
Game Grabs! www.youtube.com/storino03

Posted Image

#878 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2011 - 11:04 PM

Well, as some here predicted, Hastings did Fuck up my order, though in my favor, it seems. Last week, when I placed the order, I got one order confirmation. But then the next day I proceeded to receive two shipping confirmations, both with different order numbers (one the one on the order confirmation, the other a different one). I tried to contact Hastings about the issue via email, but they told me that one of the order numbers didn't even exist in their system, so I just figured I'd wait it out and see what happened.

Well, I received two copies of Steal Princess in the mail today, shipped in two separate envelopes, one for each order number, just as I suspected would probably happen. I checked with my credit card company, and it appears that they only actually billed me for one copy. Also, when I log into my account on the Hastings website and look at my order history, only one order (the one I received the order confirmation for) shows up.

So bonus copy, I guess? Since I tried to contact them about it before and basically got blown off, I'm not about to make a whole lot of effort to send one back if they didn't charge me for it. I'm going to hold onto the "extra" one unopened for a while just to be safe, though, so that if they do bill me for it later I can return it.

I guess if they're going to screw up, that's the preferable way for them to do it. :lol:

For those asking about condition -- Yes, these are new, factory-sealed copies, in Y-fold plastic. However, it looks like the cover inserts were put into the cases a bit improperly in both (sticking out the bottom of the plastic), and there is a little bit of damage on the edges (one is worse than the other, but both have the issue). That's not Hastings' fault, though. Maybe they're being sold cheap because of that? Hard to say. Anyway, it's not a game that I feel a great need to have a mint collector's copy of, so for the price I'm not complaining.

#879 ケネディ (KNDY)

ケネディ (KNDY)

Fan of Japanese Import Games!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:18 PM

Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga has dropped to $11.99 on Amazon
http://www.amazon.co...08668780&sr=1-4

Victorious Boxer (Hajime no Ippo) has dropped to $9.96 on Amazon (note: Third Party via Hastings)
http://www.amazon.co...8668863&sr=1-26

Feel Free to Add me:
XB360/PSN: kndynt2099 | Wii CODE: 8397 9641 9718 7362 | 3DS CODE: 4141-2473-3225 | Steam

CHECK IT OUT -> J!-ENT 20TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL ISSUE (2013) (58MB/PDF)

#880 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:53 PM

Just put in an order for Steal Princess $4.98 + $0.96 shipping (JUNEBUG promo code).
"Woah! This pain feels so good! So good!" — Albedo / Xenosaga

#881 ケネディ (KNDY)

ケネディ (KNDY)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2011 - 04:03 AM

Just put in an order for Steal Princess $4.98 + $0.96 shipping (JUNEBUG promo code).

That's a great price for Steal Princess!

Feel Free to Add me:
XB360/PSN: kndynt2099 | Wii CODE: 8397 9641 9718 7362 | 3DS CODE: 4141-2473-3225 | Steam

#882 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2011 - 04:12 AM

The shipping code was enough to push me over the edge. Thanks!
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#883 storino03

storino03

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2011 - 04:44 AM

That's about the going rate for the past couple of years. Let everyone know if it's any good.

Posted Image

#884 Perfect*Ending

Perfect*Ending

Cute Kelly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2011 - 04:59 AM

:)
Posted Image
Best in the World!

New Acronyms:
MSRP = Many Stupid Ridiculous Prices
SAD = Shitty Ass Deal

If you have a PS3, but are not gamesharing, you're doing it wrong.
Get a $60 game on day one for as low as $10?! :hot:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=339425

#885 Dark_Sage

Dark_Sage

Posted 22 June 2011 - 05:40 AM

Played it and hated it. Good luck.

#886 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2011 - 01:04 AM

i almost got hyperdimension through gohastings b2g1$1, but then they bounced the price from 55.99 to 74.99 within the minutes i was deciding. oh wellz.

i noticed now it dropped a lil more, down to 65.xx, im just gonna wait and hope on a reprint.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#887 Jedi_Amara

Jedi_Amara

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2011 - 03:48 AM

You can look at getting a PAL version of Hyperdimension if you're okay with messing around with different PSN accounts for any DLC. I bought mine for $30 new in Australia on sale and you can import it cheaply from the UK (maybe not quite that cheap all the time, but certainly for $45ish).

#888 flames_of_chaos

flames_of_chaos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2011 - 12:17 PM

For those asking about condition -- Yes, these are new, factory-sealed copies, in Y-fold plastic. However, it looks like the cover inserts were put into the cases a bit improperly in both (sticking out the bottom of the plastic), and there is a little bit of damage on the edges (one is worse than the other, but both have the issue). That's not Hastings' fault, though. Maybe they're being sold cheap because of that? Hard to say. Anyway, it's not a game that I feel a great need to have a mint collector's copy of, so for the price I'm not complaining.

Each copy of Steal Princess comes with a small poster, and it's behind the box art insert so that's why it can possibly look like that. Though when I got a review copy back when the game came out, mine came with two identical posters.

#889 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2011 - 12:43 PM

Each copy of Steal Princess comes with a small poster, and it's behind the box art insert so that's why it can possibly look like that. Though when I got a review copy back when the game came out, mine came with two identical posters.

Hm, no, no poster with this (at least nor with the one I opened, though the unopened one doesn't appear any different). That must have been just with the initial pressing or something.

#890 storino03

storino03

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2011 - 07:49 PM

i almost got hyperdimension through gohastings b2g1$1, but then they bounced the price from 55.99 to 74.99 within the minutes i was deciding. oh wellz.

i noticed now it dropped a lil more, down to 65.xx, im just gonna wait and hope on a reprint.

You do realize the game came out at $59.99. You don't want it because it's $5 more? I'd pick it up if I found it that cheap. Just look at amazon. It's over $70 now.

Posted Image

#891 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:37 PM

You do realize the game came out at $59.99. You don't want it because it's $5 more? I'd pick it up if I found it that cheap. Just look at amazon. It's over $70 now.

I'd assume that he's talking about a used copy, though? I'd only even consider paying that much for a used copy (and that only if I really wanted it and had missed it when it was available new) if it came complete and in like-new condition, which probably isn't guaranteed. I can't imagine Hastings is still sitting on new copies at this point, when it's sold out everywhere else.

#892 kk012

kk012

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2011 - 09:00 PM

I'd assume that he's talking about a used copy, though? I'd only even consider paying that much for a used copy (and that only if I really wanted it and had missed it when it was available new) if it came complete and in like-new condition, which probably isn't guaranteed. I can't imagine Hastings is still sitting on new copies at this point, when it's sold out everywhere else.

I remember reading in the recent GS B2G1 sale thread that at least 1 CAG was able to pick up a used copy of Hyperdimension Neptunia complete (game, artbook & box) for $49.99. Some people do trade in their games with the extras :)

#893 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2011 - 10:06 PM

I remember reading in the recent GS B2G1 sale thread that at least 1 CAG was able to pick up a used copy of Hyperdimension Neptunia complete (game, artbook & box) for $49.99. Some people do trade in their games with the extras :)

Oh sure, I don't dispute that it happens at all. I wouldn't order sight unseen off of a website that doesn't give any specific information about condition and expect it, though. :)

#894 kk012

kk012

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2011 - 10:12 PM

I wouldn't order sight unseen off of a website that doesn't give any specific information about condition and expect it, though. :)

I agree :)

#895 Kotomine

Kotomine

私は日本人を知らない。

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2011 - 10:28 PM

Tales Of The World: Radiant Mythology $19.99 Offered by Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co...d=3LC0KKUKH8JSV

4 Left in stock as of this posting.

575x144_2-1.jpg
2011 Completed Games - 36 Games 2012 Completed Games - 29 Games 2013 Completed Games - 14... But it was more than that, I just stopped keeping track. 2014 Completed Games - ???
mfc80x15.png
I support the*Give Us Bikini Anya Movement.

#896 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2011 - 06:22 PM

I just received my Steel Princess from gohastings. Like arcane93, my copy has the cover artwork sticking out at the bottom and slightly torn around the two bottom corners of the spine of the case. It does have a mini poster tugged away behind the cover artwork though :)

Interestingly, my copy seems like a store copy with a sensormatic security tag and a few layers of markdown price stickers on it. Perhaps it's a launch copy sent to one of their stores but nobody wanted it over the years.
"Woah! This pain feels so good! So good!" — Albedo / Xenosaga

#897 ケネディ (KNDY)

ケネディ (KNDY)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2011 - 06:28 PM

Still, for that price for "Steel Princess", you can't go wrong. I bought it for $16 I think but at $4.99 + the few bucks for shipping, it's not bad.
---
Just a reminder if anyone is into Japanese gaming and are in Southern California, Anime Expo 2011 is really trying something different and doing almost like a mini-E3 for Japanese video game publishers.

SquareEnix will have their Wakfu MMORPG panel on Friday and also participants will get a closed beta key
Aksys Games panel is on Saturday (their hinting on a big reveal) - And throughout the event they will have BlazBlue: Continuum Shift and Arcanda Heart 3 tournaments.
Idea Factory's panel is on Sunday as the director and character designer of "Agarest War" will talk about the making of the game.

There is more but I'm trying to get things packed before I travel to LA. Man, my feet are still recovering from E3. Lol....

Feel Free to Add me:

#898 EYEL1NER

EYEL1NER

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:24 AM

A couple Gamestops in the area have Hyperdimension Neptunia in-stock (used of course) for $49.99. I haven't really paid much attention to it, but I kind of want to go and get it.

#899 ケネディ (KNDY)

ケネディ (KNDY)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2011 - 11:40 PM

Here are some of the deals at Anime Expo 2011 right now (last day is tomorrow):

XSEED (only takes cash - I was hoping they had some card scanner...)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Aksys Games booth

Posted Image

Posted Image

For those who wanted to know the latest games coming out from Aksys, here is a video I shot on a Flip (so, quality is not the greatest) yesterday from AX2011.

Feel Free to Add me:

#900 SeraphiMichael

SeraphiMichael

Divine Messenger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2011 - 12:41 AM

If I were there I would have bought Legend of Heroes.