Photo
* * * * - 34 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

• Please log in to reply
15909 replies to this topic

#901 RabbitSuit

RabbitSuit

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2011 - 01:05 AM

For those who wanted to know the latest games coming out from Aksys, here is a video I shot on a Flip (so, quality is not the greatest) yesterday from AX2011.

Oh, god. I'm torn on the second one, but I owe Aksys a bit. I'll probably pick them both up on their release days.

Thanks for the video.

Yes! I am in a signature! :applause:

#902 Mossygirl

Mossygirl

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2011 - 05:46 PM

Not sure if this has been reported in this thread or not, but today I picked up Atelier Rorona for $20 and Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey for $9 from Best Buy's clearance bin. YMMV, of course.

#903 ケネディ (KNDY)

ケネディ (KNDY)

Fan of Japanese Import Games!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2011 - 03:41 PM

Not sure if this has been reported in this thread or not, but today I picked up Atelier Rorona for $20 and Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey for $9 from Best Buy's clearance bin. YMMV, of course.

Rorona for $20 And SMT for $9. Wow! I was there yesterday, should have checked. Instead I was going through Toys R' Us sale...

Feel Free to Add me:
XB360/PSN: kndynt2099 | Wii CODE: 8397 9641 9718 7362 | 3DS CODE: 4141-2473-3225 | Steam

CHECK IT OUT -> J!-ENT 20TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL ISSUE (2013) (58MB/PDF)

#904 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2011 - 03:46 PM

Really glad that Anime Expo is halfway across the country, I would of ended up spending like $100+ based on games there probably, lol.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#905 styl3s

styl3s

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2011 - 03:52 PM

is Record of Agarest War Zero worth playing? my local BB has the LE for 49.99, saw it sunday night when i was picking up New Vegas.

Thinking about going and picking it up, i can't find any real video reviews or anything on it, looks like a strategy RPG which i dig.

#906 Joe Fongul

Joe Fongul

Slave to the Grind..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2011 - 04:31 PM

For anyone that is willing to order from the UK, The Hut has the following on sale (with free shipping):

:ps3: Agarest: Generations of War £12.85 ($20.68)
:ps3: Dragon Ball Raging Blast (PS3) £11.85 ($19.08)
:ps3: Knights Contract £10.85 ($17.50)
:psp: Lord of Arcana: Slayer Edition £9.85 ($15.86)
:psp: Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together LE £12.85 ($20.68)
:ps3: Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll £17.85 ($28.73)

Remember that both PS3 & PSP versions of games are region free....
Posted Image

#907 Optical

Optical

Go Big Red

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2011 - 04:45 PM

Are you sure its the Tactics Ogre LE? The link shows just the game.

#908 PrinnyOtaku

PrinnyOtaku

二人の秘密の基地

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2011 - 04:55 PM

IIRC EU only has the LE, there is no regular edition. Although, they did obviously edit the page removing the LE info from it...

Damn cheap, if you're willing to take the chance >.<

Defynorz.pngPringerOtaku.png
Add me on PSN for co-op or anything

League of Legends: Defyn

#909 Heavenlywind

Heavenlywind

☆さくらちゃん☆

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2011 - 05:01 PM

is Record of Agarest War Zero worth playing? my local BB has the LE for 49.99, saw it sunday night when i was picking up New Vegas.

Thinking about going and picking it up, i can't find any real video reviews or anything on it, looks like a strategy RPG which i dig.

I haven't played it for that long, but I do like it. However, if you liked the first one you will like the 2nd one. Its essentially the same game from what I've noticed, there are a few differences though. A lot of the characters seem rather similar to the first one. The story line so far (from what I've played) is also very similar as well with some differences so far. Personally, it seems like a rushed game, but I am enjoying it at least (:.
Posted Image

#910 Asgardian

Asgardian

Crazy Ass Game Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2011 - 08:17 PM

I'd like to request (again) for VALCON GAMES to be added to the op as another Niche publisher that has done some nice ports and really do deserve another look.

DaiSenryaku VII Exceed: Modern Military Tactics $8.85 @ amazon
This is one of my ATF PS2 hex turn-based strategy game, read the review by jvgfanatic

Shepherd's Crossing $15 @ amazon ($5 used @ GS)
This is a very fun farming sim game, rather different to Harvest Moon series. There are also slightly updated PSP and DS versions out.

Mountain Bike Adrenaline $4 @ amazon
Reviews hated this game but I rather liked it. Good for a quick play.

Suzuki TT Superbikes: Real Road Racing Championship $10 @ amazon
This is (will be) an awesome game once I learn how to play it.. Dam it is freaken hard...
I picked it up during the B2G2F sale @ GS. GS does not seem to have a separate listing of the newer version (older version is $2) and if you buy from GS, you want to look very carefully at game disc to make sure it is copyright 2009 for the new version, whereas older one has copyright 2005, since the title and game disc are almost identical for the two versions!

Have a good read of the awesome FAQ by AtlanteanMan.
weapon05.gif
Come checkout the DAISENRYAKU discussion thread.
Show your support to bring more of this awesome strategy title to North America!

#911 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2011 - 08:30 PM

what? I was just in BB the other day and it was still full price

im actually contemplating buying a 2nd to keep sealed. Not sure how limited this one was though, and if i should wait for a bigger drop. The only place i really saw the first one drop was when gamestop cleared them out, they didn't really drop online

thank god they used a better case design this time

Are you sure its the Tactics Ogre LE? The link shows just the game.

IIRC EU only has the LE, there is no regular edition. Although, they did obviously edit the page removing the LE info from it...

Damn cheap, if you're willing to take the chance >.<

I am not so sure about that. Go check amazon UK. There seem to be 2 versions of it up there now with 2 different pictures. I think they finally released a non LE version. Probably similar to what some anime DVDs are doing. Limited edition run for a bit, then a cheaper regular print run. Some games do that too

#912 styl3s

styl3s

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2011 - 04:11 PM

what? I was just in BB the other day and it was still full price

im actually contemplating buying a 2nd to keep sealed. Not sure how limited this one was though, and if i should wait for a bigger drop. The only place i really saw the first one drop was when gamestop cleared them out, they didn't really drop online

thank god they used a better case design this time

I am not so sure about that. Go check amazon UK. There seem to be 2 versions of it up there now with 2 different pictures. I think they finally released a non LE version. Probably similar to what some anime DVDs are doing. Limited edition run for a bit, then a cheaper regular print run. Some games do that too

They had about 10 of them marked for that price for PS3, had the 360 version marked at 59.99 and only had 1.

don't know if they marked down the PS3 ones to sell more or what but i am going pick one up today

#913 ケネディ (KNDY)

ケネディ (KNDY)

Fan of Japanese Import Games!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:40 PM

Jake Hunter Detective Story: Memories of the Past - $17.95 - Third party (fulfilled)
http://www.amazon.co...0416656&sr=8-32

Feel Free to Add me:
XB360/PSN: kndynt2099 | Wii CODE: 8397 9641 9718 7362 | 3DS CODE: 4141-2473-3225 | Steam

CHECK IT OUT -> J!-ENT 20TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL ISSUE (2013) (58MB/PDF)

#914 Blaan

Blaan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:50 PM

For anyone that is willing to order from the UK, The Hut has the following on sale (with free shipping):

:ps3: Agarest: Generations of War £12.85 ($20.68)
:ps3: Dragon Ball Raging Blast (PS3) £11.85 ($19.08)
:ps3: Knights Contract £10.85 ($17.50)
:psp: Lord of Arcana: Slayer Edition £9.85 ($15.86)
:psp: Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together LE £12.85 ($20.68)
:ps3: Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll £17.85 ($28.73)

Remember that both PS3 & PSP versions of games are region free....

Wow. Can you trade these in though? I was mildly interested in Knight Contract, but I'd definitely be into it for that price...

#915 Petey Parker

Petey Parker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 02:46 PM

I had to drop my dog off to get his haircut and stopped in the Five Below in the plaza. They had a quite a few SNK/Playmore and Natsume games for PS2 (all for $5 each)

I picked up:

Natsume:
:ps2: Innocent Life: A Futuristic Harvest Moon: Special Edition
:ps2: Harvest Moon: Save The Homeland
:ps2: River King: A Wonderful Journey
:ps2: Metropolismania 2

SNK/Playmore
:ps2: SNK Arcade Classics Vol 1
:ps2: The King Of Fighters XI
:ps2: Fatal Fury Battle Archives Volume 2

I didn't see anything else but they had multiple copies of all except for River King. They also had the World Heroes compilation but I didn't get that.

Edited by Petey Parker, 15 July 2011 - 03:08 PM.

#916 vherub

vherub

Posted 15 July 2011 - 03:14 PM

The Hut also has Trinity Universe for $28
http://www.thehut.co...e/10086464.html
and Hyperdimension Netpunia for $56
http://www.thehut.co...a/10287033.html

#917 jumpiestranger2

jumpiestranger2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2011 - 01:59 AM

gohastings has Hyperdimension Neptunia used for $53.99.
http://www.gohasting...u/283899209.uts

#918 DarkonJohn

DarkonJohn

Growing backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2011 - 02:42 AM

Thanks for the tip! Just picked one up.
3DS FC: 3652-0544-2057 (PM me with yours if you add me)
Posted Image

#919 EYEL1NER

EYEL1NER

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2011 - 03:22 AM

Hope it's still in stock when the 40% off coupon goes live, because that will be a sweet deal.

#920 jumpiestranger2

jumpiestranger2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2011 - 03:27 AM

Hope it's still in stock when the 40% off coupon goes live, because that will be a sweet deal.

Figured it will go fast once the 40% went live.

#921 DarkonJohn

DarkonJohn

Growing backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2011 - 04:56 PM

Figured it will go fast once the 40% went live.

I tried to pick up a second copy immediately after receiving the 40% code via email and while I was checking out I got the "out of stock" error message and was told I couldn't complete my order until I removed the item from my cart.

Glad I picked one up before the sale or I'd be pretty frustrated.

So I instead used my 40% code to pickup a used DSi XL and PS2 SLim at pretty good prices.
Posted Image

#922 ck76

ck76

Winter is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2011 - 05:50 PM

Typical, Hyperdimension Neptunia manages to elude me still. I can figure on most mainstream titles to drop to 20-30 range in a year, but these games often find either become impossible to find or increase in price on auction sites.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#923 EYEL1NER

EYEL1NER

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2011 - 06:05 PM

Typical, Hyperdimension Neptunia manages to elude me still. I can figure on most mainstream titles to drop to 20-30 range in a year, but these games often find either become impossible to find or increase in price on auction sites.

Missed my shot too. Just got in to work from my appointments I had this morning, saw the coupon in my inbox, promptly went to the site, and saw OOS.

#924 DarkonJohn

DarkonJohn

Growing backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2011 - 06:38 PM

You really never had a chance. From the time I received the email to when I got the error message checking out was seriously only a minute or two.

And they also bumped up the price before the sale.
Posted Image

#925 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2011 - 03:25 PM

Went to my best buy yesterday and rummaged through the one bin with shitty ass games. I did find one treasure and I bought it. Actually I saw it before in the bin, and I hid it because I knew nothing about it. I went back and it was still there, so I grabbed it.

:ds:- Avalon Code ($14.99)

It wasn't a clearance game but more so a bin of cheap games. Granted I don't know how that was there because every other game was shovelware basically.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#926 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2011 - 04:31 PM

What's wrong with Record of Agarest War Zero LE at Amazon?

Item Under Review

While this item is available from other marketplace sellers on this page, it is not currently offered by Amazon.com because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)
We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible.

"Woah! This pain feels so good! So good!" — Albedo / Xenosaga

#927 DarkonJohn

DarkonJohn

Growing backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2011 - 05:19 PM

What's wrong with Record of Agarest War Zero LE at Amazon?

Item Under Review

While this item is available from other marketplace sellers on this page, it is not currently offered by Amazon.com because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)
We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible.

This happened with the other LE for Agarast War where they used a very thin box that was easily crushed during shipping. Many people complained to Amazon about the box damage and after Amazon gets a certain % of complains they do something like this. Sometimes they just need to tell their shipping group to stop being idiots and pack things properly.
Posted Image

#928 PrinnyOtaku

PrinnyOtaku

二人の秘密の基地

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2011 - 05:58 PM

I'm curious as to what it is.... Both my copies from the B2G1 came in fine condition. This one isn't flimsy and it's pretty hard to bust the thing up.

Although... the quality of materials Aksys decided to use is horrible. Looks like a 2nd grader's school project.

Defynorz.pngPringerOtaku.png
Add me on PSN for co-op or anything

League of Legends: Defyn

#929 lutz

lutz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2011 - 06:11 PM

Sometimes I feel that Aksys is just a cheap NIS knockoff brand.

#930 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2011 - 06:13 PM

This happened with the other LE for Agarast War where they used a very thin box that was easily crushed during shipping. Many people complained to Amazon about the box damage and after Amazon gets a certain % of complains they do something like this. Sometimes they just need to tell their shipping group to stop being idiots and pack things properly.

I bought one LE each for PS3 and X360, and they fucking shipped both of them in a bubble mailer for some shitty reason. Not typical of Amazon, which usually sends all games in a cardboard box. Both of mine are sealed and both have corner smushage because of the bubble mailers. Sooo, yeah. Grab one from Best Buy off the shelf. Would have been better to get em last week during the B2 G1 sale. But whatever. I'm drinking, so yeah.