Photo
* * * * - 34 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

• Please log in to reply
15707 replies to this topic

#9721 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:26 AM

was just trying to organize some of my games and noticed something. I guess i never picked up a regular version of Atelier Meruru. I have the CE but dont really plan on opening that. I tried glancing online but it seems GS doesn't have it anymore, and Amazon only has it listed through 3rd party sellers for around 29 bucks. Did it drop much lower than that, or is that about what i should expect to pay for a new one? Not too thrilled with getting it through a 3rd party seller on amazon, ive gotten some crap from them in the past

I am tempted to open the damn CE but i will have to restrain myself. I want that damn Barrel T-shirt, hah.

Just buy it straight from NISA for $30 shipped. http://store.nisamer...tandard-Edition

#9722 rockykai

rockykai

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:51 AM

Project Diva 2 for the US is pretty nice news.  I'm not sure if I'll get it or not but I'm leaning yes.

#9723 AugustAPC

AugustAPC

Not For Sale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:32 AM

BlazBlue as a PS3 game is pretty much done.  The next game won't be out for another 2 years and by then the PS3 will be on its last leg.  PS4 BlazBlue will be running a new engine.

Hence "next-gen".

#9724 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:24 AM

Musou Orochi 3 Ultimate (PS4)

Koei Tecmo announced that its hack n' slash action game Musou Orochi 2 Ultimate [Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate] will be coming to PS4 on June 26, for 6800 yen retail or 6000 yen download. The PS4 version will have improved visual, background and lighting effects, and the PS4 version is capable to display over 150 characters on screen simultaneously. The gameicon1.png will support Cross-Save and Cross-Play with the PS3 and PS Vita versions.

http://the-magicbox....me140325a.shtml

Really?  Why PS4 ??

"Evil is Funs"

#9725 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:52 AM

Koei Tecmo announced that its hack n' slash action game Musou Orochi 2 Ultimate [Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate] will be coming to PS4 on June 26, for 6800 yen retail or 6000 yen download. The PS4 version will have improved visual, background and lighting effects, and the PS4 version is capable to display over 150 characters on screen simultaneously. The gameicon1.png will support Cross-Save and Cross-Play with the PS3 and PS Vita versions.

Really?  Why PS4 ??

Sweet... my Vitas will be put to use on ps4!!

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Dragon Fantasy book 2, :3ds: Link's Awakening, :360: DDP SDOJ, :ps3: Rocksmith 2014, :ps4: Dynasty Warriors 8

#9726 NewportBox100s

NewportBox100s

It's Gucci! BURR!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:30 PM

Project Diva 2 will  be a physical release. This is great news. Now I own the first one, this makes that obselete.. maybe I  should sell it..

#9727 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:37 PM

Project Diva 2 will  be a physical release. This is great news. Now I own the first one, this makes that obselete.. maybe I  should sell it..

Why does the sequel make the first one obsolete? It has mostly new songs. :???:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly 2: Band of Thieves

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/4]: :vita: Velocity 2X (4.5/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#9728 bruceg

bruceg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:40 PM

i am def getting project diva f 2 this time, missed the chance last time. it is hard to find now , without paying above msrp price.

Frys.com still has it in stock for msrp (w/ free shipping).  I don't think they ever sold out (has always been available at my local store as well).

#9729 ck76

ck76

Winter is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:07 PM

Really?  Why PS4 ??

I love it and hope means it comes to the west.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#9730 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:08 PM

I think I might have to pre-order Project Diva F 2nd.  Might get the Vita version since I already have the PS3 version of the first game.

#9731 nitrosmob

nitrosmob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:47 PM

Anyone know if Deception IV is supposed to be limited print? I see Amazon.com only has 5 of them and it doesn't say "more on the way"

I checked both the PS3 and Vita version and I believe PS3 had about 271 copies and Vita about 371 copies, not so limited though I'm sure it wasn't a huge print run. I get mine on Thursday for Vita and am pretty excited woot!

#9732 Fades

Fades

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:03 PM

ShadowAssassin, on 26 Mar 2014 - 12:06 AM, said:
Anyone know if Deception IV is supposed to be limited print? I see Amazon.com only has 5 of them and it doesn't say "more on the way"
I checked both the PS3 and Vita version and I believe PS3 had about 271 copies and Vita about 371 copies, not so limited though I'm sure it wasn't a huge print run. I get mine on Thursday for Vita and am pretty excited woot!

I pre orderd mine from NewEgg way back and still has not shipped and on their website it says OOS.Hmm...

#9733 nitrosmob

nitrosmob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:24 PM

I pre orderd mine from NewEgg way back and still has not shipped and on their website it says OOS.Hmm...

Newegg has been slipping more and more with things. If it's an AAA title I will expect them to fulfill, if it's not you may get gimped editions (ProjectxZone regular to start, missing DLC that was expected, cancelled orders (forgot think it was Tales of Xillia CE). I like them enough but the pre-orders are becoming less and less and in the end may just have the Last Guardian pre-ordered forever more.

#9734 shadowysea07

shadowysea07

running with cags and I'm on the prowl~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:34 PM

I don't know if I would trust that since magic box isn't a reliable source. 

#9735 redroversk

redroversk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:35 PM

Still no shipping confirmation here, but no cancellation either.

My Target WatHK shipped today, I didn't think they'd follow through but they did.

#9736 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:06 PM

The first Project Diva ony released on PS3 in the U.S.?  I could have sworn it was available on Vita. Or did it release digitally only here? I guess I need to swing by Fry's on my way home to snag the PS3 version since it's already OOP.

On the same note, did the new Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z not come to the Vita in the U.S.? I'm going to import the UK version if I have to, as far as I can tell that version comes in English so that would be the best to import since I don't read Japanese sadly.

#9737 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:09 PM

The first Project Diva ony released on PS3 in the U.S.? I could have sworn it was available on Vita. Or did it release digitally only here?

On the same note, did the new Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z not come to the Vita in the U.S.? I'm going to import the UK version if I have to, as far as I can tell that version comes in English so that would be the best to import since I don't read Japanese sadly.

The UK is England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland, so yeah... that's English. There's no guessing, hoping, or reckoning needed lol.

#9738 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:14 PM

The first Project Diva ony released on PS3 in the U.S.?  I could have sworn it was available on Vita. Or did it release digitally only here? I guess I need to swing by Fry's on my way home to snag the PS3 version since it's already OOP.

The first Project Diva F for Vita was released in digital format only here.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly 2: Band of Thieves

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/4]: :vita: Velocity 2X (4.5/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#9739 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:16 PM

The UK is England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland, so yeah... that's English. There's no guessing, hoping, or reckoning needed lol.

Sorry I meant the EU version, there's no UK version. haha

It's a bad habit as I always think of the UK (my family is from England) when I think of Europe. I'm well aware of what countries make up the UK.

The first Project Diva F for Vita was released in digital format only here.

That's what I thought. Pretty sure I've seen it on PSN. I'll have to keep my eye on it in case it goes on sale.

#9740 nitrosmob

nitrosmob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:24 PM

Sorry I meant the EU version, there's no UK version. haha

It's a bad habit as I always think of the UK (my family is from England) when I think of Europe. I'm well aware of what countries make up the UK.

That's what I thought. Pretty sure I've seen it on PSN. I'll have to keep my eye on it in case it goes on sale.

Someone may correct me if i'm wrong but I believe the PS Vita version is missing some songs and they are there as DLC instead compared to the PS3 version. With the newer Project Diva F 2nd, both versions seem to have the same song selection.

Also my thoughts on the Conception 2 Vita demo:

- Okay sized demo (about 3 hours worth)

- I liked the characters enough and the English voices weren't terrible

- The graphics are relatively nice, you think they're going for like persona 4ish like graphics and environments. The 3D models are okay, I prefer the graphic novel 2D portraits when they come up.

- The challenge wasn't quite there for the very beginning, items are plentiful and monsters don't hit for much, most happened was I had some lvl 1 star children and they went out in a fight, most of the time my main party (hero and S Rank Lady) didn't get hurt too bad.

- Classmating seems like an ok system though I'm not quite sure how to get more advanced classes (guessing getting to know the ladies more). I know to actually get the children you need BP from event interactions.

- The visual novel parts (interacting with the ladies and other students mainly in the school) is passable sometimes. The dialogue and interaction haven't gotten deep so far. This isn't quite as good as social links, but possibly equivalent more to meetings (not dates) from a game like Tokimeki Memorial. It does help a bit with the repetitiveness though.

- This game is quite repetitive. You can skip some battles but you need the exp. The environments used for the first dungeon are so samey and blend together so it never really feels like wow I'm advancing levels and such. It all looks the same and the only way you know you're before a boss is it warning you the stage before. The fights generally consist of a few things (moving around to try to get to an enemies weak spot and doing something and then ability or attacking the enemy, and then occasionally defending or moving out an enemies attack area marked by a warning in the areas that aren't safe to be in. This is a dungeon crawler but it doesn't quite have the uniqueness of areas like Etrian Odyssey or changing environments like the Persona series of games. Overall I was having fun but went autopilot on many fights near the end of the demo.

- The music is also pretty neat, also trying to sound like a Persona type game, though the songs aren't as catchy

Overall I would recommend it, but it's not going to be earth shattering. I will buy it, and it seems fun enough, but I know it will be a pick up and play type of game for me considering I already was feeling repetitiveness in the gameplay (and not as fun at doing the same things unlike say Etrian Odyssey). The vita save transfers into the full version so I recommend everyone try it out if they're interested. I've heard the 3DS demo is short and over quick compared to this, and I do feel the Vita demo gives a very good indication if you'll enjoy the game later. 

#9741 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:26 PM

I read the PS blog post about the Vita release and there is some DLC that is supposed to make up the missing tracks (it's $9.99). It's worth picking up both versions to double dip trophies. :D

#9742 Olengie

Olengie

Yukari & Rise are the Best Girls.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:30 PM

Headmaster: If I was younger and could classmate, I would have a legion of star children with me. 

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#9743 JAlbertL

JAlbertL

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:47 PM

Any chance we get those Project Diva controllers in the US?

#9744 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:55 PM

Amazon charged my 2012 preorder of WatHK at $41. And I accidentally ordered two of the LEs. Oops.

elessar123.png

#9745 AngelsPlight

AngelsPlight

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:05 PM

Hm...I notice quite a few sellers on Amazon selling Witch and 100 knights at $40~ after tax already new, did something happen with it?

Angelsplight.png

iangelsplight.png

#9746 Fades

Fades

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:10 PM

How is Witch and the Hundred Knights for anyone that has played it? I am wondering if is as bad as the reviews say it is.

#9747 Lemstar

Lemstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:10 PM

Probably people selling their $20 preorders.

#9748 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:13 PM

Hm...I notice quite a few sellers on Amazon selling Witch and 100 knights at $40~ after tax already new, did something happen with it?

In mid-November, Target had it for $20, which Amazon matched.

elessar123.png

#9749 ck76

ck76

Winter is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:48 PM

Amazon charged my 2012 preorder of WatHK at $41. And I accidentally ordered two of the LEs. Oops.

I'd be happy to take one off your hands. :D

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#9750 theclaw

theclaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:02 PM

Same thing, also digital only.