Photo
* * * * * 37 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

• Please log in to reply
16961 replies to this topic

#1051 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2011 - 06:53 PM

hmm this was mentioned earlier, but looks like the gamestop page finally has a little blurb on what the extra is. Looks like its some kinda little booklet? Not much info given. Is this REALLY just a gamestop exclusive? Id rather order from amazon or anywhere else.

Actually it looks like its Online only, so i have to pay both tax AND shipping. What the hell?? Is it letting anyone else get it for pre-ordering in store? That seems like a huge hassle for an extra we have no real info about

Fate Extra LE is online only for gamestop

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#1052 UjnHunter

UjnHunter

Posted 19 September 2011 - 07:22 PM

Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage (Xbox 360) is $9.99 right now on Amazon! http://t.co/mBHwWAQQ
-Ujn Hunter
Posted Image

Currently Playing:
Xbox 360: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
PS3: Dead Or Alive 5
PSP Vita: Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
Wii U: Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper
iOS: After Burner Climax

#1053 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2011 - 09:04 PM

Fate Extra LE is online only for gamestop

Just to clarify. Fate Extra Limited Edition is not exclusive to GS (amazon link here). However, the pre-order bonus, the fact booklet that is sort of a 20-page magazine, is.
"Woah! This pain feels so good! So good!" — Albedo / Xenosaga

#1054 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2011 - 09:25 PM

knight's contract is pricedropped pretty good on amazon. 20-26 used like new. i think 28 new.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#1055 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 01:13 AM

Anyone here get their P2 Innocent Sin?

I got mine from Amazon, but the outer box is crushed up kinda nasty. Shame.

#1056 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 01:39 AM

Anyone here get their P2 Innocent Sin?

I got mine from Amazon, but the outer box is crushed up kinda nasty. Shame.

Got mine, but it's almost in perfect condition, other than one notch that looks similar to spider wrap damage. Mine was shipped in a bubble mailer.

#1057 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 02:04 AM

Mine was in a bubble mailer, too. Never had the problem before, but I guess it was bound to happen.

#1058 storino03

storino03

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 02:05 AM

Usually, the games I got, that are in boxes, like PSP games, come in that plastic wrapped with a cardboard piece, or in a box with the air pillows inside. Sucks that this time, you guys got the bubble mailer.
Game Grabs! www.youtube.com/storino03

Posted Image

#1059 ecwfan

ecwfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 03:31 AM

I got my Persona 2 Innocent Sin from Amazon today. They shipped it in a bubble mailer and of course it was crushed. I tried to request a replacement, but it seems Amazon has the item under arrive and I can only get a refund right now. I hope this gets figured out soon and I can get a replacement.

#1060 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 03:41 AM

Last CE game (Legend of Heroes) I got from amazon came in bubble mailer. It really depends on your wherehouse

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#1061 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 04:01 AM

I got my Persona 2 Innocent Sin from Amazon today. They shipped it in a bubble mailer and of course it was crushed. I tried to request a replacement, but it seems Amazon has the item under arrive and I can only get a refund right now. I hope this gets figured out soon and I can get a replacement.

I'm guessing they have a very high return rate on the game because I am seeing reports on other sites of most of the warehouses shipping it out in bubble pouches and the game box is thinner than previous releases and doesn't have shrink-wrap, so it's very easy to damage. I cancelled my Amazon pre-order last week after I saw a box mock-up and ended up buying it locally. It cost me a few extra dollars, but at least I don't have to make a trip to the UPS store or Post Office for the inevitable return. By the way, the soundtrack isn't an exclusive or even preorder bonus. Every store I have seen it at has the same soundtrack included version on the shelf.

#1062 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 06:34 AM

craappp a lot of people saying they got their copies of P2 in bubble mailers. I better go through my piles of games and see if that happened. I think i got some mailers the other day but assumed they were something else. Hopefully its not this game. I usually have these things shipped in boxes from amazon. The only stuff ive had issues with getting damaged from them are art books. They dont package those well at all most of the time

#1063 Optical

Optical

Go Big Red

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 12:12 PM

I ordered it with a Blu-ray and they put it in a box. It seems to be totally random though. A few months ago I ordered Legend of Heroes with 2 movies and it came in a mailer.

#1064 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 01:48 PM

My P2 came from Amazon in a box and was in perfect condition. So they're not shipping all of them in mailers, anyway. Sucks for those who did get damaged copies. I wish Amazon would just stop using those mailers.

#1065 orcishlad

orcishlad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 05:58 PM

My copy of Persona 2 came in a bubble mailer but it was miraculously unharmed :D

#1066 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:56 AM

Jesus tap dancing christ. I just checked and my persona 2 just shipped a few days ago.. which is awesome, that means it sat in some transit station of the weekend. If its a bubble mailer im sure its crushed. I notice their webpage shows its not avalible through them anymore because its under review. You'd think they would catch on by now

DONT USE A DAMN BUBBLE MAILER FOR LE STUFF!

Amazon used to be great for shipping but ive been getting a LOT of damaged artbooks and stuff in lately. Its starting to piss me off actually. Did they change shipping companies or wharehouses or something? They have seriously gone down hill.

#1067 delainez

delainez

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 01:27 PM

Actually they've stopped selling Persona 2 because of the damage to the box during shipping. I bought it the day before they posted the explanation for the temporary sales freeze of Persona 2, and they seem to be holding my shipment. This isn't rocket science - I hope they resolve it soon.

#1068 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 02:47 PM

Jesus tap dancing christ. I just checked and my persona 2 just shipped a few days ago.. which is awesome, that means it sat in some transit station of the weekend. If its a bubble mailer im sure its crushed. I notice their webpage shows its not avalible through them anymore because its under review. You'd think they would catch on by now

DONT USE A DAMN BUBBLE MAILER FOR LE STUFF!

Amazon used to be great for shipping but ive been getting a LOT of damaged artbooks and stuff in lately. Its starting to piss me off actually. Did they change shipping companies or wharehouses or something? They have seriously gone down hill.

Ah someone shares my pain. Actually Amazon did not get any new shipping companies. I know because I have family who works in a distribution facility. I don't know how they ship items but it's a bad place at Amazon. They are treating their employees like crap and in return I can see a lot of people not giving a jack Fuck about people's items.

Also it might just be Amazon trying to save costs for whatever reason and then having it backfire in the end with damaged products.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#1069 ivana89

ivana89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 03:18 PM

Ah someone shares my pain. Actually Amazon did not get any new shipping companies. I know because I have family who works in a distribution facility. I don't know how they ship items but it's a bad place at Amazon. They are treating their employees like crap and in return I can see a lot of people not giving a jack Fuck about people's items.

Also it might just be Amazon trying to save costs for whatever reason and then having it backfire in the end with damaged products.

not an excuse, but is it any wonder peeps' stuff gets crushed?
http://www.huffingto...n_n_971851.html

#1070 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 03:56 PM

Sso... you're saying amazon employees are passed out on our games which is why the boxes are crushed? =)

#1071 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:31 AM

Just wanted to let you guys know, who are interested in the PSP Black Rock Shooter game, that NISA wants to see the demand for the Premium Box version with the White Rock Shooter figma. They are doing a poll on Siliconera. NISA linked to the poll from their facebook fanpage as well. Here's the link: http://www.siliconer....-out-of-japan/

Edited by barrit, 27 September 2011 - 04:41 AM.

#1072 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 05:37 AM

Actually they've stopped selling Persona 2 because of the damage to the box during shipping. I bought it the day before they posted the explanation for the temporary sales freeze of Persona 2, and they seem to be holding my shipment. This isn't rocket science - I hope they resolve it soon.

i know, thats what i was saying. I noticed that they had froze it. I ordered mine a while back, on the 18th i think it was, and found it strange that it shipped a few days ago when shipping was frozen. I was worried because it sat in a shipping station durring the weekend >_< If its in a bubble mailer im boned

Jesus.. well that doesn't sound good. That sucks that theyre treating their employees like that, if thats true. I find it kinda hard to belive they just had paramedics standing by to help people that fainted then fired them o_O Its been a couple months that ive noticed they've been shipping stuff poorly. For me its been mostly art books. Ive had to send like 5 back so far, and i think i got more sitting downstairs that i gotta check in on now.

#1073 Eusis

Eusis

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 07:46 AM

Strangely enough, my P2:IS came in a bubble wrapper, crammed into the little mailbox... and was completely undamaged except MAYBE for a very subtle crease that could've been just part of the box's design since that was about where the extra bit of cardboard for holding the CD case was. But yeah, I usually got minor dents in the corners from them. I didn't usually worry too much, but it's probably worth considering just going to GameStop instead for stuff like this that I care enough about.

#1074 Purkeynator

Purkeynator

Cheap before it was cool

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 11:11 AM

Strangely enough, my P2:IS came in a bubble wrapper, crammed into the little mailbox... and was completely undamaged except MAYBE for a very subtle crease that could've been just part of the box's design since that was about where the extra bit of cardboard for holding the CD case was. But yeah, I usually got minor dents in the corners from them. I didn't usually worry too much, but it's probably worth considering just going to GameStop instead for stuff like this that I care enough about.

Why? So you can get a box that is shelf worn and already been opened for you?
trade list (mostly guides with a few boxes and manuals)
http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=44132

#1075 Fonz72

Fonz72

Posted 27 September 2011 - 01:05 PM

So far I've had good luck with my Gamestop not gutting CE or LE products, just normal games. That said I have had pretty good luck with Amazon too. Some pretty messed up boxes, but the contents have been good.
Posted Image

#1076 Callidus

Callidus

Collectaholic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 01:11 PM

My P2:IS was delivered on the 21st according to UPS, but it's nowhere to be found in my building's mail room. I contacted Amazon support last night and they refunded me in full for it no questions asked. Hopefully my re-order will be sent in a box once it's available to be purchased again.

#1077 ivana89

ivana89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:22 PM

good news: fry's (concord, ca) protects P2:IS with an acrylic box.
bad news: it also slaps the price sticker directly on the non-shrink wrapped outer carton.

Edited by ivana89, 27 September 2011 - 03:50 PM.

#1078 Callidus

Callidus

Collectaholic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:24 PM

Looks like P2:IS is available to be ordered again from Amazon.

#1079 Eusis

Eusis

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2011 - 01:29 AM

If it's pre-ordered it shouldn't be like that, at worst they stick a price sticker on anyway and theirs are usually very easy and clean to remove. But if it WAS a choice between a superficial crush and that? Yeah, I'd go with the superficial crush any day.

#1080 ecwfan

ecwfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2011 - 03:26 AM

I requested a replacement for my crushed Persona 2 as soon as it became available again on Amazon. Of course they sent it in another bubble mailer and it was crushed again. It's kind of surprising that they would continue to ship these in a bubble mailer after all the complaints they got. They only difference for the second shipment was that it was delivered by A1 Courier rather than UPS.

I put in a request for yet another copy. If it arrives crushed again, I'll give up and ask for a refund.