Photo
* * * * - 34 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

• Please log in to reply
16170 replies to this topic

#1351 doodofdoods

doodofdoods

Prinny Powered

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2011 - 10:14 PM

Did anybody order Solatorobo frpm Amazon? Does it still come with the Soundtrack?
Posted Image

#1352 proKoyeon

proKoyeon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2011 - 10:20 PM

Did anybody order Solatorobo frpm Amazon? Does it still come with the Soundtrack?

yes it's the boxed set, and the entire item is sealed which is nice as well

#1353 Logain8955

Logain8955

Groovy Cactuar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2011 - 10:29 PM

Can anyone comment on whether this would be worth getting? I never played the prior Parasite Eve games but after looking through the guide a little (obtained during the last guide drop at BBY), the game sounds more interesting than I thought. I loved Crisis Core, another PSP Action-RPG to which I've seen this compared, if that helps any.

I do have about 10 PSP RPGs that I have yet to play, but at this price, I wonder if it would ever drop lower (possibly to $9.99) or if I should get it now. Thanks in advance.

I really enjoyed 3rd birthday, the fighting style was very fun with diving into people, it encourages knowing your battlefield. The storyline makes absolutely no sense until the ending though.
http://fp.profiles.u...id/jedi8955.png" width="230" height="155" border="0"

Download DevourerTDA, a new competitive Tower Defense map for Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne today!

CAG Thread: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=263655
Download it here! http://wc3.nibbits.c...ourertda-ver-10

#1354 Fizz_Usagi

Fizz_Usagi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2011 - 10:31 PM

Yep, Solarorobo mentioned the CD soundtrack in it's description. Also snagged Legend of Heroes:Trails in the Sky LE and Ghost Trick. Now to just hope they don't come smashed in delivery. Haven't had problems with Amazon in the past, but the last game I got from them (Rayman Origins) came with the game and small artbook in a bubble mailer; they were still in great condition, just....something they haven't done before but heard they are doing quite often now. :/
Posted Image

Posted Image

#1355 Tsukento

Tsukento

King of Pirates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:27 AM

Managed to pick up the last copy of Alterier Rorona from a nearby GameStop. Best part is that their only copy was the Limited Edition one. Rang up for the regular price of the game, so it was $30. Little confused why the plastic wrapping on the game itself had a sticker that said "GameStop Exclusive" when it really wasn't.

#1356 Fizz_Usagi

Fizz_Usagi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2011 - 12:53 PM

Managed to pick up the last copy of Alterier Rorona from a nearby GameStop. Best part is that their only copy was the Limited Edition one. Rang up for the regular price of the game, so it was $30. Little confused why the plastic wrapping on the game itself had a sticker that said "GameStop Exclusive" when it really wasn't.

Actually, the special edition for Rorona really was a GameStop exclusive...for the big display box. Think there was a "special edition" at NISA's store, but it was just a regular edition game case bundled with the artbook and a CD.

Similar thing happened to me with Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2's Collector's Edition. Kept seeing it at my then local store in the front and went home and saw how much it was going for. *jaws drop* Went back and asked if they still had it and the ringer took it out from behind a inconspicuous cabinet and it rang up for the price of the regular edition ($40 at the time despite the $60 price sticker). LOVE when that happens!

#1357 Tsukento

Tsukento

King of Pirates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2011 - 01:25 PM

Actually, the special edition for Rorona really was a GameStop exclusive...for the big display box. Think there was a "special edition" at NISA's store, but it was just a regular edition game case bundled with the artbook and a CD.

Similar thing happened to me with Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2's Collector's Edition. Kept seeing it at my then local store in the front and went home and saw how much it was going for. *jaws drop* Went back and asked if they still had it and the ringer took it out from behind a inconspicuous cabinet and it rang up for the price of the regular edition ($40 at the time despite the $60 price sticker). LOVE when that happens!

Ah, that explains it, then. Thought it was just the usual of GameStop claiming to have an exclusive pack-in when Amazon had it at some point. I remember them doing this with Chrono Trigger DS, where they claimed reservation earns you an exclusive soundtrack, but Amazon offered the same promotion.

And yeah, I definitely love when they remove the LE prices and merge them into the standard SKU. I still need to check the other GS by me that was listed having Hyperdimension Neptunia's LE in stock before the standard reprints went up if they might have it in stock, still. I know the dude that rang me up for Atelier Rorona had to go to the back to get a stool in order to grab the game since it was locked up in a high cabinet with other CE/SE/LE/PE's of the sort. If I can, I'm totally returning the sealed game since I got the standard one from my online order before.

#1358 storino03

storino03

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2011 - 02:31 PM

gamestop.com right? the reprint for $30? got one too lol. though I have a le one already

#1359 oxidative

oxidative

last chance to evacuate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2011 - 05:20 PM

I received some one-time-use coupon codes from Play-asia I won't use. Enjoy!

Code IV-GVQ-IZO
Get US$7 off a purchase of US$77 or more

Code UR-ODB-WBB
Get US$15 off a purchase of US$150 or more

Please post back here what you used so no one wastes their time.

#1360 simmias

simmias

Likely to be eaten by a grue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2011 - 09:02 PM

Persona 2 - Innocent Sin (PSP) is listed as a lightning deal on Amazon in about 10 minutes. It's not under the Video Games section, though - just under the main section. Maybe a mistake?

#1361 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2011 - 09:25 PM

Persona 2 - Innocent Sin (PSP) is listed as a lightning deal on Amazon in about 10 minutes. It's not under the Video Games section, though - just under the main section. Maybe a mistake?

Nice... purchased.

#1362 simmias

simmias

Likely to be eaten by a grue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2011 - 09:27 PM

Nice... purchased.

Yup, $20! If anyone sees this soon, don't hesitate. It's 70% sold even hidden like it is.

#1363 Dark_Sage

Dark_Sage

Posted 26 November 2011 - 09:29 PM

Tch, fine. Grabbed one. Thanks, guys. <3

#1364 gojiboy

gojiboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2011 - 09:54 PM

Shouldn't have bought this, but I couldn't help it. Too good a price to pass up.

#1365 ケネディ (KNDY)

ケネディ (KNDY)

Fan of Japanese Import Games!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2011 - 09:55 PM

Wow! I am shocked it is $19.99 and I ordered it for $29...lol.. (and still haven't received it yet). Great deal though...I never expected it to be on sale..

Edited by kndy, 26 November 2011 - 10:08 PM.

Feel Free to Add me:
XB360/PSN: kndynt2099 | Wii CODE: 8397 9641 9718 7362 | 3DS CODE: 4141-2473-3225 | Steam

CHECK IT OUT -> J!-ENT 20TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL ISSUE (2013) (58MB/PDF)

#1366 Tsukento

Tsukento

King of Pirates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:01 PM

Found a couple of GS around me that had the CE of Record of Agarest War Zero for the PS3 at $30. Was tempted to buy it but held off on it. Anyone have any thoughts on the game?

Also missed out on the Persona 2 deal. 100% claimed. :( Seems Dragon Quest IV is the next one. Wish it was for DQV.

#1367 ケネディ (KNDY)

ケネディ (KNDY)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:09 PM

Found a couple of GS around me that had the CE of Record of Agarest War Zero for the PS3 at $30. Was tempted to buy it but held off on it. Anyone have any thoughts on the game?

Also missed out on the Persona 2 deal. 100% claimed. :( Seems Dragon Quest IV is the next one. Wish it was for DQV.

I still have to buy that one. $30 is pretty good for collector's edition. Especially since GS doesn't get many in of certain titles.

DQIV....I wonder if they will beat Newegg.com's $14.99 price.

Feel Free to Add me:
XB360/PSN: kndynt2099 | Wii CODE: 8397 9641 9718 7362 | 3DS CODE: 4141-2473-3225 | Steam

#1368 darkstarripclaw

darkstarripclaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:10 PM

DQIV was already on at $12 for a few days, what the hell are they going to lower it to after that? $12 again?

#1369 Tsukento

Tsukento

King of Pirates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:13 PM

Then again, I could be wrong. The wording behind the description's tricky, so it could pretty much either mean DQ appearing for the first time on the DS, a particular DQ game appearing on the DS for the first time or just a brand new one appearing on the DS.

So it's guaranteed to be either IV, VI or IX. I'm betting either IV or IX.

Edit: Yep. It's DQIV. $11.99 is not a bad price for it. Shame SE decided to cut corners and told the translation group to not bother touching the party chat and axe it.

#1370 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:48 PM

Missed persona. I just got home and it was already on the waitlist.

#1371 Soma_Cruz

Soma_Cruz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:52 PM

I've played the first one(have the Zero CE but not played it yet) and it's not the best the SRPG and it can get repetitive but it was pretty good overall and I didn't regret buying it and still got the (pre)sequel afterwards. I'd recommend it if you don't have Disgaea 4 or Valkyria Chronicles yet, otherwise I'd say focus on those first since they're better SRPGs for the system.

#1372 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2011 - 06:23 AM

i just got a PSP this thread reminds me....

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#1373 ケネディ (KNDY)

ケネディ (KNDY)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:31 AM

Amazon Cyber Monday sale:

Looks like Fate/Extra for PSP will be on sale again at 6:15 am
Possibly Persona 2: Innocent Sin again at 6:15 a.m.
Fate/Extra Limited Edition at 6:15 a.m.

Feel Free to Add me:

#1374 guardkitty

guardkitty

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:33 AM

Amazon Cyber Monday sale:

Looks like Fate/Extra for PSP will be on sale again at 6:15 am
Possibly Persona 2: Innocent Sin again at 6:15 a.m.
Fate/Extra Limited Edition at 6:15 a.m.

What time is that central and is there a link?

#1375 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2011 - 12:49 PM

What time is that central and is there a link?

http://www.amazon.co...7222&pf_rd_i=20

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#1376 Fizz_Usagi

Fizz_Usagi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:16 PM

My Legend of Heroes:TitS CE, Solatorobo, and Ghost Trick should arrive today. This time its UPS, not USPS, who's doing the delivering. Will be interesting to see what condition these fragile boxed games will be in......the big Skyrim CE (that my roomate got a few weeks ago; came in great condition, probably considering how big it is) box this isn't.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#1377 ケネディ (KNDY)

ケネディ (KNDY)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:39 PM

Fate/Extra LE is $29.99 and regular is $19.99....going back a few pages to see if you guys said if the LE was worth it or not. Persona 2 is $19.99 again.

Feel Free to Add me:

#1378 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:47 PM

Got Persona 2 after my 3 hour nap. Had fate CE, but didn't want to spend the money.

#1379 Ironlocke

Ironlocke

Busty McBraless

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:25 PM

I barely made it, but I was able to get Persona 2 for a friend. One X-mas present down.

#1380 Tsukento

Tsukento

King of Pirates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2011 - 04:16 PM

I held off on grabbing P2 after hearing the horror stories behind Amazon's handling of it. I'm still waiting to see what condition my Legend of Heroes: TitS LE will come in. I really was hoping Fate/Extra's LE would be cheaper. $30 isn't much of a deal to me for a PSP game.

Did pick up Dragon Quest VI from Newegg for $14.99, though.